- Speak to Deaustie after having reached rank 20 Weaver. She will ask you to meet you mentor, Chuchumu.
- Head to the Golden Bazaar (Thanalan, North of Camp Drybone) for a cutscene in which Chuchumu asks you to replace her Red Riding Hood.
- Head back to Sunsilk Tapestries in Ul'dah and speak with Deaustie to receive the recipe for the Red Riding Hood.
- Change your class to Weaver, select Synthesize, select Requested Items, then change the drop down box from Local Leves to Quests. Select Hoodwinked. Once the Ripped Riding Hood is placed in your ingredients list, add 1 Mesa-Red Cotton Cloth and 1 Cotton Yarn. Begin the Synthesis. If you fail the synth, you will lose the cloth and yarn, but will be able to retry through the menu.
- Return to The Golden Bazaar for another cutscene.
- Head back to Sunsilk Tapestries and speak with Deaustie for your rewards.
- 20,000 Gil.
- 2,000 Weavers' Guild Marks.
- As part of your initiation, Deaustie has seen fit to explain the general philosophy of the weavers at Sunsilk Tapestries, the guiding maxims of which are "beauty is everything", and "truth lies in appearances", to paraphrase. The weavers strive to costume their custom so that they may adequately play their roles in life. Your first mentor is to be Chuchumu, a Lalafell of low means with a good heart. Find her at The Golden Bazaar.
- You arrive at the hamlet known as The Golden Bazaar to find Chuchumu in tears. Having been attacked by a feral beast, her red riding hood, a family heirloom lent her by her stepmother, was torn to shreds and lost. She must have another lest she face her stepmother's wrath. Return to Sunsilk Tapestries and see what can be done.
- Having heard of Chuchumu's plight, Deaustie has directed you to help the poor Lalafell. Craft a red riding hood using a ripped red riding hood, bolt of mesa-red cotton cloth, and spindle of cotton yarn.
- You have created a viable duplicate of the red riding hood in question. Travel once more to the Golden Bazaar and deliver it to Chuchumu.
- You arrive too late to the Golden Bazaar to spare Chuchumu the chidings of her evil stepmother, Lady Ouvielle. Your ruse seems to work, however, as her fury is quelled when you present her with the red riding hood you crafted. There is nothing else that can be done for now. Return to Sunsilk Tapestries to receive our reward.
This page last modified 2010-11-03 13:11:38.