Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Blog Post: Best Day of the WeekFollow

#1 Feb 10 2013 at 10:54 AM Rating: Good
**
919 posts
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/198

Quote:

Hello everyone!

Fernehalwes taking a break from putting the final touches on the Beta Version localization to bring you a sneak peek at an atypical Saturday here at Square-Enix headquarters.

Yesterday, Yoshi-P asked several members from the development team to come in on the weekend to help create a video that would be shown on his coming worldwide trip. Here’s a shot of our multi-talented producer in the control seat displaying his 1337 skillz (he made me write that…okay, maybe he didn't make me write that). I know it’s kind of hard to tell what is being filmed, but if you take a closer gander at the left-hand side of the pic, you’ll find something that may be of interest…

Screenshot


And, to thank us for coming in on our day off, Yoshi-P dusted the cobwebs off the old wallet, and sprung for...wait for it...pizza! Which, knowing how much Japanese pizza costs, probably ran him about a half-month’s salary (okay, okay, that was another slight exaggeration…it was probably closer to three-weeks’ salary).

Screenshot


Potato, corn, tuna, and mayonnaise. Mmm… My favorite! And by “favorite,” I mean “pass the pepperoni.”

Oh, and here’s a shot of the lovable Komoto-san finishing off his sixth pie. All that devving can really work up an appetite!

Screenshot


Talk to you all again soon...from the other side of the world!

Fernehalwes


PS3 :P

Wint: lrn2blogpostnub

Edited, Feb 11th 2013 7:29am by Wint
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#2 Feb 10 2013 at 12:44 PM Rating: Excellent
*
91 posts
Pizza and PS3. Best blog post ever.

On a more elaborate note, as someone who was expecting to be playing this game on PS3 when it launched "simultaneously" with PC, only to have my expectations crushed when it got "delayed," only to have them pulverized when it got put on "indefinite hold" after the PC version bombed, it's pretty exciting to see a picture of the PS3 version being played after five years of waiting.
#3 Feb 10 2013 at 11:52 PM Rating: Good
***
2,093 posts
Yeah even with all the confirming and promising his pic just finally makes it 'real'

Can't wait!!
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#4 Feb 11 2013 at 12:37 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
673 posts
Yeah, so after reading this I really got curious about "japanese" pizza. I had never really thought about it being all that different from whats in america, but wow... I did a little bit of research and learned that a large sized pizza in japan is around the same size as an american small. Also, delivery costs an arm and a leg along with the outragous price tag for the pizza alone. $20-$30 per large... So what does japanese mayo taste like? It's not the fatty/greasy taste like american mayo?
____________________________
#5 Feb 11 2013 at 2:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
It's not so different from ours, really. Oil, egg, and an emulsifier, though they have a lot of mayo-based sauces that have other flavors to them. Mayonaisse is just more common as a "base" for food sauces, like tomato paste is used here in things like steak sauces and hot sauces. They use mayo for pizzas here in the U.S., too. Go to a California Pizza Kitchen, and there are a lot of pizzas with mayo-based sauces.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#6 Feb 11 2013 at 7:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
swisa wrote:
Yeah, so after reading this I really got curious about "japanese" pizza. I had never really thought about it being all that different from whats in america, but wow... I did a little bit of research and learned that a large sized pizza in japan is around the same size as an american small. Also, delivery costs an arm and a leg along with the outragous price tag for the pizza alone. $20-$30 per large... So what does japanese mayo taste like? It's not the fatty/greasy taste like american mayo?


Off topic, but you reminded me of this. Not entirely safe for work, although important parts have been blurred Smiley: smile
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#7 Feb 11 2013 at 8:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,201 posts
Wint wrote:
Off topic, but you reminded me of this. Not entirely safe for work, although important parts have been blurred Smiley: smile


I have never seen that before and am ashamed of it. The Pterodactyl won me over.
#8 Feb 11 2013 at 9:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
This is my all time favorite Oatmeal comic:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/brain
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#9 Feb 11 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Hadn't seen the mayo one; hilarious.

Love the brain one, too.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 159 All times are in CDT