Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

FF XIV ARR not coming to Xbox 360Follow

#1 Jul 09 2013 at 7:11 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
87 posts
#2 Jul 09 2013 at 7:12 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
598 posts
IvanStine207 wrote:


Good for SE.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#3 Jul 09 2013 at 7:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,074 posts
I made it through 2 articles then my , if Microsoft could make money off it or people complain they'll make it work sense took over.
____________________________





#4Killua125, Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 7:53 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Why?
#5 Jul 09 2013 at 8:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Killua125 wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Good for SE.


Why?

Xbox 360 would be much better for FFXIV because people would be able to voice chat over XBL.


Because it's a ****** policy on Microsoft's part.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#6 Jul 09 2013 at 8:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
462 posts
Killua125 wrote:


Why?

Xbox 360 would be much better for FFXIV because people would be able to voice chat over XBL.


So instead they can voice chat over PSN?
____________________________
Gadhelyn wrote:
This one time at FFXIV camp I tried to get a 3 person party going, but just ended up as a Disciple of the Hand.


#7 Jul 09 2013 at 8:35 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
You can't unfortunately.
#8 Jul 09 2013 at 8:38 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
Wint wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Good for SE.


Why?

Xbox 360 would be much better for FFXIV because people would be able to voice chat over XBL.


Because it's a sh*tty policy on Microsoft's part.


Yoshi-P probably failed to mention that they COULD have put it on Xbox 360, but it would have cost more fees or something. Just like they COULD have released it for Steam.

I know that Xbox 360 and PS2 FFXI players could play together.
#9 Jul 09 2013 at 8:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Wint wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Good for SE.


Why?

Xbox 360 would be much better for FFXIV because people would be able to voice chat over XBL.


Because it's a sh*tty policy on Microsoft's part.


Yoshi-P probably failed to mention that they COULD have put it on Xbox 360, but it would have cost more fees or something. Just like they COULD have released it for Steam.

I know that Xbox 360 and PS2 FFXI players could play together.


Then you'd be screaming about 360 limitations Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#10 Jul 09 2013 at 8:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,632 posts
So there must have been some exception made to allow FFXI to work the way it did. FFXI also didn't require a gold subscription (usually a requirement for online multiplayer). Maybe the same exception couldn't be worked out for XIV?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#11 Jul 09 2013 at 8:40 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
Wint wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
Wint wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Good for SE.


Why?

Xbox 360 would be much better for FFXIV because people would be able to voice chat over XBL.


Because it's a sh*tty policy on Microsoft's part.


Yoshi-P probably failed to mention that they COULD have put it on Xbox 360, but it would have cost more fees or something. Just like they COULD have released it for Steam.

I know that Xbox 360 and PS2 FFXI players could play together.


Then you'd be screaming about 360 limitations Smiley: rolleyes


True... at this point they should work on Xbox One edition if they can work things out with Microsoft.
#12 Jul 09 2013 at 8:44 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Nintendo needs to up their game, improve their consoles so they can run FFXIV too.
#13Killua125, Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 8:48 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) The Wii U could run FFXIV, at least as well as the PS3 can.
#14 Jul 09 2013 at 8:50 PM Rating: Good
5 posts
In the end it's Xbox's greedy attitude. Just look at the recent fiasco with Xbox One's used game and always online policy. It takes a seriously arrogant attitude to even think that players would still buy it just because it's an Xbox.

I agree with Yoshida. Final fantasy is about teamwork and togetherness. The ball is on Xbox's court now.
#15 Jul 09 2013 at 9:01 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
You guys need to understand that XIV is not gonna have any impact on the sale of 360 consoles, the 360 was a huge success w/o SE, now will it still be out of the 720 library ? Who knows, if the game does good, MS will probably allow XIV on it's console like they did with XI, i guess SE has to just prove to MS that they are wrong.
____________________________
MUTED
#16 Jul 09 2013 at 9:04 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
TESO will be on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, but they're segregating the communities.
#17 Jul 09 2013 at 9:06 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
424 posts
Xbox's are garbage. I would rather not see them head in that direction, but that's my entirely bias opinion. I hate Xbox with a deep burning passion, to the point of wanting to buy a new one just to go Office Space on it. Smiley: lol
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#18 Jul 09 2013 at 9:12 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
supermegazeke wrote:
Xbox's are garbage. I would rather not see them head in that direction, but that's my entirely bias opinion. I hate Xbox with a deep burning passion, to the point of wanting to buy a new one just to go Office Space on it. Smiley: lol


That's kind of immature. A lot of people use Xbox and it would make the XIV community bigger.
#19 Jul 09 2013 at 9:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
262 posts
I'm not sure if it's the same for playstation, but doesn't Microsoft charge an obscene amount of money from developers to patch/update their game? For whatever reason the number 20 to 30 grand a pop is in my mind.

Also I don't understand why MS would allow cross platform for FFXI, but not FFXIV. So in that sense I understand Yoshi-P/SE's reasoning for not wanting to release on 360/One. I don't think I would want to play on 360 though, only because of my experience with the ps3 beta. I tried it out after playing first on my PC, and it gave me a headache. It's playable and I'm sure enjoyable to people who haven't first played it on a good PC, but I just don't think it would run any better on a 360 compared to ps3. I absolutely can't wait to see the ps4 version though.
#20 Jul 09 2013 at 9:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,632 posts
Quote:
I'm not sure if it's the same for playstation, but doesn't Microsoft charge an obscene amount of money from developers to patch/update their game? For whatever reason the number 20 to 30 grand a pop is in my mind.


They used to, they don't do that anymore.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#21 Jul 09 2013 at 9:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
262 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure if it's the same for playstation, but doesn't Microsoft charge an obscene amount of money from developers to patch/update their game? For whatever reason the number 20 to 30 grand a pop is in my mind.


They used to, they don't do that anymore.


They cut that out for the upcoming Xbox One as well? Or just the 360 since it's about to get replaced?
#22 Jul 09 2013 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
**
609 posts
I think the reason why FFXI got to be some kind of exception was because of they wanted the Xbox to appeal more to the Japanese market. I recall that some eroge visual novel got more sales the same day Xbox 360 got released there though...

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 11:44pm by Solonuke
#23 Jul 09 2013 at 9:43 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
424 posts
Killua125 wrote:
supermegazeke wrote:
Xbox's are garbage. I would rather not see them head in that direction, but that's my entirely bias opinion. I hate Xbox with a deep burning passion, to the point of wanting to buy a new one just to go Office Space on it. Smiley: lol


That's kind of immature. A lot of people use Xbox and it would make the XIV community bigger.


I have had seven 360's and they have all taken a **** on me. Burn them all!!! I had one Xbox, and I bet if I tried to boot it up right now (after blowing the dust off), that it would probably work. 360's are bad electronics. I know they fixed them or whatever with new versions. I don't care. It's too late. Smiley: lol Burn them all!!!

____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#24 Jul 09 2013 at 9:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Killua125 wrote:
supermegazeke wrote:
Xbox's are garbage. I would rather not see them head in that direction, but that's my entirely bias opinion. I hate Xbox with a deep burning passion, to the point of wanting to buy a new one just to go Office Space on it. Smiley: lol


That's kind of immature. A lot of people use Xbox and it would make the XIV community bigger.


Except you'd have the Xbox community and "Everyone Else".
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#25 Jul 09 2013 at 9:48 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
424 posts
Wint wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
supermegazeke wrote:
Xbox's are garbage. I would rather not see them head in that direction, but that's my entirely bias opinion. I hate Xbox with a deep burning passion, to the point of wanting to buy a new one just to go Office Space on it. Smiley: lol


That's kind of immature. A lot of people use Xbox and it would make the XIV community bigger.


Except you'd have the Xbox community and "Everyone Else".


Mo money fo sho.

I just don't like 360, that's all.
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#26 Jul 09 2013 at 9:49 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,632 posts
Hatamaz wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure if it's the same for playstation, but doesn't Microsoft charge an obscene amount of money from developers to patch/update their game? For whatever reason the number 20 to 30 grand a pop is in my mind.


They used to, they don't do that anymore.


They cut that out for the upcoming Xbox One as well? Or just the 360 since it's about to get replaced?


Couldn't say for the Xbone, but I know they stopped bending over developers that wanted to patch things on the 360 because the Fez developers were able to patch their game without second mortgages on their homes.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#27 Jul 09 2013 at 9:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
So there must have been some exception made to allow FFXI to work the way it did. FFXI also didn't require a gold subscription (usually a requirement for online multiplayer). Maybe the same exception couldn't be worked out for XIV?


The difference was Microsoft needed SE at the launch of 360.

It is a crappy policy on Microsoft part and would be huge for FFXIV since allot of Xbox users play FFXI.

W e knew this over a year ago.

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 11:52pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#28 Jul 09 2013 at 10:20 PM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
FFXI got a free pass because Microsoft didn't see it as a new-age game so they let people play it on a free Xbox Live silver subscription or something like that.

They got greedy with FFXIV and said they wanted Xbox players to be on their own servers since it's a next-gen game.

I'll never really understand Microsoft's policies. They were buddy-buddy with S-E for the PC release on Windows 8.

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 9:23pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#29Ostia, Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 11:04 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) MS does not need SE to launch anything... The 360 Launch was far superior to the PS3 launch... And it had no SE title in it's original Line Up. SE no longer sells consoles, those days are long past Smiley: lol
#30 Jul 09 2013 at 11:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
651 posts
Why are Microsoft being such ********* lately.
____________________________
FFXIV: Broken Fox / Excalibur
#31 Jul 09 2013 at 11:59 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,173 posts
I'm thinking from the Developer comments that they are going to try to get the PS4 version of ARR out as close to the console launch as possible.

Many sources are saying that SE has already stated buying a PS3 version of the game will allow you download the client on PS4.

Link
Link

And this interview:

Quote:
When asked for his opinion on PS4, Yoshida replied, “There’s so much memory! It’s fast! It has a lot of eye-catching features, like the social functions, integration with various devices, the touchpad on the DualShock 4, but the memory is a really big deal. In the case of FFXIV, when you have hundreds of customised characters on screen at once, it is after all hard to avoid a memory bottleneck.”

It may seem odd that Square Enix is even bothering with the PS3 version at all, since the PS4 version will surely be closer in quality to the PC rendition than the PS3 can hope to achieve. But Yoshida said that Square Enix has its reasons to persevere with the PS3 release.

“For one thing, we promised PS3 owners this game and we’ve kept them waiting for a long time,” he said. “Even when the game was delayed for PS3, we promised that it would eventually come out. Another reason is that the game is a MMORPG with a monthly billing model, and so we want to make the game open to as many players as possible and have them look forward to new content as we update the game. Even if a lot of PS3 users migrate to PS4, I don’t expect PS4 to have two million users overnight. It took a long time for people to switch from PS2 to PS3 you know."

“But for players who want to have PC-parity visuals and more characters on screen, there is the option of PS4. Both versions are on the same server, so you can carry your character and account across.”

Yoshida detailed aspects of the gameplay and character classes, before going on to discuss planned expansion packs and patches.

“It’s hard to be specific because all sorts of things could change with the launch, but personally I hope to release an expansion pack within about a year and a half of the start of the service,” he said. “It could be two years, though, because a year and a half could be too tight to create the volume of content we’re aiming for. As for update patches, we’ll probably release one every two and a half or three months – four times a year.”
#32Killua125, Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 12:10 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Can you really say that in regards to XIV with the limited, vague response Yoshi gave on the subject?
#33 Jul 10 2013 at 1:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
486 posts
Gnu wrote:
Many sources are saying that SE has already stated buying a PS3 version of the game will allow you download the client on PS4.


These sources are absolutely wrong. I specifically remember Yoshi-P addressing that very question. Unfortunately, I've watched and read so many different interviews, I can't remember where, but I'll see if I can find it and update post. The answer is, if you want to play the PS4 version, you'll have to buy it, regardless of whether you bought the PS3 version or not. You can, however, play a character created on the PS3 version on the PS4 version, granted it was registered to the same account.

EDIT: Found the source - http://www.rpgsite.net/interviews/451-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-interview-with-naoki-yoshida

Quote:
RPG Site: The PS4 version -- were you concerned at all that in announcing that you could gut sales of the PS3 version by causing people to wait?
Yoshida: Because we're going with a subscription model, what really matters to us is the number of subscribers - so if the player prefers to wait for the PlayStation 4 version to come out, that's fine; I don't really mind.

I think it was a bigger concern that someone might buy the PS3 version and then find out that the PS4 version was coming out right after they bought it; that would be more shocking as it might upset players. I thought it would be better to let players know up front that the PS4 version is coming out, but in the meantime you can start out playing the PS3 version if you want, as we have squeezed the maximum quality from that platform. Start with that platform if you wish and enjoy the game experience; all the character data you gain with the PS3 version can then be converted to the PS4 version.

I thought that message would be more straightforward and less confusing to players; that's the reason why we decided to make the announcement now. It's really up to the players - if they want to wait for the PS4 version, that's fine.


RE:EDIT Looking back at those links you posted, it seems to me you just misunderstood. All they are saying is that you'll be able to transition PS3 characters to the PS4 version, not that the PS4 version will be provided, free of charge.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 4:04am by DragonBourne

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 4:18am by DragonBourne
#34 Jul 10 2013 at 6:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
BrokenFox wrote:
Why are Microsoft being such ********* lately.


This:

Screenshot


I'm a huge Microsoft fan. I'm a programmer on the Windows platform, I love Visual Studio and .NET programming, but this man right here is steering the company into oblivion with his idiotic assumptions. Unfortunately even though the rumor is a reorg is coming, I'm sure he'll still be at the top of the pile.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#35 Jul 10 2013 at 6:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Killua125 wrote:
supermegazeke wrote:
Xbox's are garbage. I would rather not see them head in that direction, but that's my entirely bias opinion. I hate Xbox with a deep burning passion, to the point of wanting to buy a new one just to go Office Space on it. Smiley: lol


That's kind of immature. A lot of people use Xbox and it would make the XIV community bigger.


Being a former xbox 360 usre I will agree that MS turned xbox in total garbage.

You mentioned SE should start working for xbox one. With the failed turn xbox took with it (even if they revoked the limitations) it would be stupid to put it in one.

It would be better in my eyes to focus on pc and ps3-4 versions and make those better than have xbox version.


But what can you say for the xbox community when they ACTUALLY opened a petition and are asking for MS to bring back the xbox one restrictions.

http://www.change.org/petitions/xbox-one-give-us-back-the-original-xbox-one

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-give-us-back-the-xbox-one-we-were-promised-at-e3-2

Stupidity just went to a whole new level.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#36 Jul 10 2013 at 7:39 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
262 posts
Killua125 wrote:
BrokenFox wrote:
Why are Microsoft being such ********* lately.


Can you really say that in regards to XIV with the limited, vague response Yoshi gave on the subject?

It's not like Square Enix are angels either. He only gave one side of the story.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 2:11am by Killua125


SE doesn't want to put their game on MS's console because MS doesn't want their kids playing with Sony's kids. SE is like Michael Jackson and wants ALL the kids to come enjoy Nevernever land together. And MS has been ********* lately about more than just FFXIV, as I'm sure you know. I went from an xbox 360 user to now a soon to be ps4 user because of the really dumb and arrogant decisions of MS with regards to their new console. I just hope there is a good xbox like controller that I can buy to go along with my ps4.
#37Killua125, Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 7:46 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Care to explain? You're just making pretty broad statements without really providing any evidence.
#38 Jul 10 2013 at 7:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
So there must have been some exception made to allow FFXI to work the way it did. FFXI also didn't require a gold subscription (usually a requirement for online multiplayer). Maybe the same exception couldn't be worked out for XIV?


The difference was Microsoft needed SE at the launch of 360.

It is a crappy policy on Microsoft part and would be huge for FFXIV since allot of Xbox users play FFXI.

W e knew this over a year ago.

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 11:52pm by Nashred


MS does not need SE to launch anything... The 360 Launch was far superior to the PS3 launch... And it had no SE title in it's original Line Up. SE no longer sells consoles, those days are long past Smiley: lol



SE and EA were both on the Sony only They need them on the 360. The original xbox was a failure and they need these companies and like Someone pointed out they need them to help grab the Japanese market which never happened. MS needed allot of help in the beginning. They announced SE games aroundt launch even though there were no launch titles.



Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:50am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#39 Jul 10 2013 at 7:50 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
262 posts
SE doesn't want a split community. I figured Yoshi-P made that clear?


Although, I do agree that if MS changed their policy and allowed cross platform that SE should definitely release on the Xbone as well. The mo' money the mo' betta!

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:56am by Hatamaz
#40 Jul 10 2013 at 7:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
Wint wrote:
BrokenFox wrote:
Why are Microsoft being such ********* lately.


This:

Screenshot


I'm a huge Microsoft fan. I'm a programmer on the Windows platform, I love Visual Studio and .NET programming, but this man right here is steering the company into oblivion with his idiotic assumptions. Unfortunately even though the rumor is a reorg is coming, I'm sure he'll still be at the top of the pile.


I have never been a Microsoft fan even though I owned the original xbox and I own two 360 (had to replace like 5 of them), I have been a beta tester of their software and xbox live and several of thier games but your comments are right on Balmer, he is the problem. Like someone said it aint no reorganization if Balmer is still at the helm. It is Balmer firing more people that threaten his position.


Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:56am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#41 Jul 10 2013 at 8:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Killua125 wrote:
You're just making pretty broad statements without really providing any evidence.


Smiley: laughSmiley: lolSmiley: laugh
Smiley: lolSmiley: laughSmiley: lol
Smiley: laughSmiley: lolSmiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#42 Jul 10 2013 at 8:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,324 posts
Wint wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
You're just making pretty broad statements without really providing any evidence.


Smiley: laughSmiley: lolSmiley: laugh
Smiley: lolSmiley: laughSmiley: lol
Smiley: laughSmiley: lolSmiley: laugh


That laugh format reminded me of this guy:

Screenshot


You know.. I've got the sprite sheet for that. If only I could find the time to make a gif...
#43 Jul 10 2013 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
***
3,173 posts
DragonBourne wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Many sources are saying that SE has already stated buying a PS3 version of the game will allow you download the client on PS4.


These sources are absolutely wrong. I specifically remember Yoshi-P addressing that very question. Unfortunately, I've watched and read so many different interviews, I can't remember where, but I'll see if I can find it and update post. The answer is, if you want to play the PS4 version, you'll have to buy it, regardless of whether you bought the PS3 version or not. You can, however, play a character created on the PS3 version on the PS4 version, granted it was registered to the same account.

EDIT: Found the source - http://www.rpgsite.net/interviews/451-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-interview-with-naoki-yoshida

Quote:
RPG Site: The PS4 version -- were you concerned at all that in announcing that you could gut sales of the PS3 version by causing people to wait?
Yoshida: Because we're going with a subscription model, what really matters to us is the number of subscribers - so if the player prefers to wait for the PlayStation 4 version to come out, that's fine; I don't really mind.

I think it was a bigger concern that someone might buy the PS3 version and then find out that the PS4 version was coming out right after they bought it; that would be more shocking as it might upset players. I thought it would be better to let players know up front that the PS4 version is coming out, but in the meantime you can start out playing the PS3 version if you want, as we have squeezed the maximum quality from that platform. Start with that platform if you wish and enjoy the game experience; all the character data you gain with the PS3 version can then be converted to the PS4 version.

I thought that message would be more straightforward and less confusing to players; that's the reason why we decided to make the announcement now. It's really up to the players - if they want to wait for the PS4 version, that's fine.


RE:EDIT Looking back at those links you posted, it seems to me you just misunderstood. All they are saying is that you'll be able to transition PS3 characters to the PS4 version, not that the PS4 version will be provided, free of charge.



Thanks for posting this. When I read that interview, it did not seem as if he was specifically saying you would have to re-purchase the game for PS4. Like he says, "what really matters to us is the number of subscribers."

Hopefully this will be addressed directly soon.
#44 Jul 10 2013 at 8:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Teravibe wrote:
Being a former xbox 360 usre I will agree that MS turned xbox in total garbage.

You mentioned SE should start working for xbox one. With the failed turn xbox took with it (even if they revoked the limitations) it would be stupid to put it in one.

It would be better in my eyes to focus on pc and ps3-4 versions and make those better than have xbox version.


Care to explain? You're just making pretty broad statements without really providing any evidence.

Why do you still think Xbox One is a "fail" even if they revoked the limitations (which they did)? You do realize it's basically the same thing as the PS4 now, policy wise? So why is it total garbage?

Not gonna lie you sound a little bit fanboy-ish. I don't even buy Microsoft consoles but they should get the game, if there's any demand. From what I understand it should be very easy to port to Xbox One/PS4 anyway.

and acting like a fanboy while saying "being a former xbox 360 user..." is like when a racist starts their comment with, "I have a lot of black friends..." :P Those petitions are clearly a joke by the way. Kinda funny though.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:48am by Killua125


I don't think it will fail but I do think Sony is going to gain ground. There has always been more than one console and always will be. First off Sony fixed their mistakes they made at launch and with the ps3. Here is the problem: Microsoft is making the same mistakes Sony did at launch of the ps3. It this cockiness.. Here is the thing, those things MS wanted to do they will eventually do anyway. I don't trust them as long as Balmer is at the helm. He has ruined everything MS has going for it and it is a matter of time before he ruins this division too. Those exclusive that are MS can leave too. If Sony gains ground, allot of those companies will stop making exclusives for the xbox and either go cross platform or Sony exclusive. Got to remember the exclusives MS has were once exclusives to someone else before. Microsoft when they launched the xbox took risks on games now they don't. Look at all the games cancelled, all they want are 1st or 3rd person shooter and sports titles or take a hike. The hundred dollar price difference is also the mistake Sony made at launch being higher priced, Now Ms is doing the same. That alone is enough to hurt them. I am not spending 500 for a console at this point I might just own a computer. Honestly I think MS is going to loose market share to Sony but also the pc.

I do think SE would benefit from having FFXIV on the Xbox and so would MS. The Xbox had a huge use base in FFXI. FFXI is one of the reason I used the xbox as long as I did. Xbox live is far superior to anything Sony has and is the only advantage it has this next round.



I am not a fanboy. I owned both the xbox and xbox 360 at launch. I only bought a ps3 several months ago to play FFXIV.
I still own two xbox 360's and traded my spare in on a preorder for the ps4. I did not order the Xbox one. I have always bought most consoles at launch. I am a big gamer, I even have a room full of fullsized coin op arcade games.

I had to have a spare 360 because mine broke down so much. That was a real turn off for me.. I can imagine how much time I spent on the phone with support just to send a xbox back to be refurbished. ****** me off, I work IT and knew what was wrong but being on hold long distance for a hour to have someone ask me the same questions and then transfer me to someone else who asked the same questions.




Edited, Jul 10th 2013 11:07am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#45 Jul 10 2013 at 9:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Teravibe wrote:
Being a former xbox 360 usre I will agree that MS turned xbox in total garbage.

You mentioned SE should start working for xbox one. With the failed turn xbox took with it (even if they revoked the limitations) it would be stupid to put it in one.

It would be better in my eyes to focus on pc and ps3-4 versions and make those better than have xbox version.


Care to explain? You're just making pretty broad statements without really providing any evidence.

Why do you still think Xbox One is a "fail" even if they revoked the limitations (which they did)? You do realize it's basically the same thing as the PS4 now, policy wise? So why is it total garbage?

Not gonna lie you sound a little bit fanboy-ish. I don't even buy Microsoft consoles but they should get the game, if there's any demand. From what I understand it should be very easy to port to Xbox One/PS4 anyway.

and acting like a fanboy while saying "being a former xbox 360 user..." is like when a racist starts their comment with, "I have a lot of black friends..." :P Those petitions are clearly a joke by the way. Kinda funny though.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:48am by Killua125



I loled. In what way am I a fanboy? I mean for what? xbox? ps4 or ARR? Xbox was my first console after sega I have never owned a play station and my ARR experience is limited to the best. So please for what am I a fanboy?

Xbox one after the presentation in E3 failed greatly in the race of pre orders therefore forcing MS to decide not to have all those restrictions. No it is not the same as PS4 for the simple reason PS4 costs 100 dollars less.You know why? Because MS wanted xbox one to not be a gaming console "primarily" but like a all in one device so they added all shorts of crap. The thing that added the 100 more is the kinect. MS decided that everyone should get it so they added it, while PS4 while at the start wanted to do the same they put their little brains to work and canceled it. You want more? Ok I ll give you more. Microsoft will undo all those restrictions in the xbox one with a simple patch that you will require to download upon getting the console. What that means? Microsoft can bring back all those restrictions whenever they want.

I have yet to see a raise in the xbox 180 pre orders. Who ever is a true gamer at general should (as they already did with the pre orders) show MS they can not ***** you and then say "oh ok I see you didn't like it ok Ill take my white "thing" back". So there you have my reason. Xbox one will not do well in the console war. They already lost a huge deal of it and I doubt they can make up for it much. SE should considrate in the consoles (besides PC) that will have the biggest audience and that is ps3 and of course PS4.

I ,in my defense, do not like consoles as a whole. I had the 360 only for like 3 or 4 games (like halo etc) and for that reason I sold it soon after. While MS are the d&cks today and Sony are the "saviors" not too long ago it was the opposite.

Sony at the moment is better since their console costs less than xbox one but that doesn't mean they are "better". Xbox has the xbox live and in order to pay online you need to pay sony till now didn't have it but with ps4 they will if I am not mistaken have a short of paying for mulitplayer (not sure haven't read much on that)



Edited, Jul 10th 2013 11:06am by Teravibe
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#46 Jul 10 2013 at 9:41 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
254 posts
Wint wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
supermegazeke wrote:
Xbox's are garbage. I would rather not see them head in that direction, but that's my entirely bias opinion. I hate Xbox with a deep burning passion, to the point of wanting to buy a new one just to go Office Space on it. Smiley: lol


That's kind of immature. A lot of people use Xbox and it would make the XIV community bigger.


Except you'd have the Xbox community and "Everyone Else".

This seems to be a bit off, unless MS changed their policies after FFXI, because I played XI on the 360 and played just fine with PS2 and PC users.
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#47 Jul 10 2013 at 9:55 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
Nashred wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
So there must have been some exception made to allow FFXI to work the way it did. FFXI also didn't require a gold subscription (usually a requirement for online multiplayer). Maybe the same exception couldn't be worked out for XIV?


The difference was Microsoft needed SE at the launch of 360.

It is a crappy policy on Microsoft part and would be huge for FFXIV since allot of Xbox users play FFXI.

W e knew this over a year ago.

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 11:52pm by Nashred


MS does not need SE to launch anything... The 360 Launch was far superior to the PS3 launch... And it had no SE title in it's original Line Up. SE no longer sells consoles, those days are long past Smiley: lol



SE and EA were both on the Sony only They need them on the 360. The original xbox was a failure and they need these companies and like Someone pointed out they need them to help grab the Japanese market which never happened. MS needed allot of help in the beginning. They announced SE games aroundt launch even though there were no launch titles.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:50am by Nashred


The original Xbox was a brand new console/franchise, it was obvious that it would fail to go toe to toe with the PS2, the PS2 had all the developers from the PS1, fast foward to the 360/PS3 era, the Xbox 360 won this this round versus the PS3, they outsold them the entire time, in an inferior console, they made SONY exclusive developers, drop exclusivity, Sony no longer holds the catalog it once did in the PS1-PS2 Era. Microsoft did not need SE to sell it's console, that is a fact, the 360 has outsold the PS3, even when the PS3 is a juggernaut on Japan, and the 360 is not.

____________________________
MUTED
#48 Jul 10 2013 at 10:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Truth be told I liked my 360 as well. Especially the controller for some reason I loved it. But that love was short since my 360 didn't see much action other than the 4-5 exclusive games I wanted.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#49 Jul 10 2013 at 10:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
So there must have been some exception made to allow FFXI to work the way it did. FFXI also didn't require a gold subscription (usually a requirement for online multiplayer). Maybe the same exception couldn't be worked out for XIV?


The difference was Microsoft needed SE at the launch of 360.

It is a crappy policy on Microsoft part and would be huge for FFXIV since allot of Xbox users play FFXI.

W e knew this over a year ago.

Edited, Jul 9th 2013 11:52pm by Nashred


MS does not need SE to launch anything... The 360 Launch was far superior to the PS3 launch... And it had no SE title in it's original Line Up. SE no longer sells consoles, those days are long past Smiley: lol



SE and EA were both on the Sony only They need them on the 360. The original xbox was a failure and they need these companies and like Someone pointed out they need them to help grab the Japanese market which never happened. MS needed allot of help in the beginning. They announced SE games aroundt launch even though there were no launch titles.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 9:50am by Nashred


The original Xbox was a brand new console/franchise, it was obvious that it would fail to go toe to toe with the PS2, the PS2 had all the developers from the PS1, fast foward to the 360/PS3 era, the Xbox 360 won this this round versus the PS3, they outsold them the entire time, in an inferior console, they made SONY exclusive developers, drop exclusivity, Sony no longer holds the catalog it once did in the PS1-PS2 Era. Microsoft did not need SE to sell it's console, that is a fact, the 360 has outsold the PS3, even when the PS3 is a juggernaut on Japan, and the 360 is not.



Well it is obvious a fan boy here. You are not even reading what I am saying. No where did I say the ps3 out sold the xbox.

I dont want to get into a big console war debate. My point is this time around the gap will be closer and Ms will loose some of its exclusives.

Edited, Jul 10th 2013 12:17pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#50 Jul 10 2013 at 12:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,272 posts
Yahtzee, of Zero Punctuation, created another episode for the E3 aftermath. I thought it was relevant to the console war derail.



But I think ultimately, the losers aren't Nintendo (which lost yet another exclusive developer since the WiiU is selling worse than the Vita, if that was even possible), or Microsoft which famously self-destructed the Xbox One for all to see, but the consumer who has to now choose between which company will ***** them over less rather than choosing what company is offering more fun.
#51 Jul 10 2013 at 12:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
Xoie wrote:
Yahtzee, of Zero Punctuation, created another episode for the E3 aftermath. I thought it was relevant to the console war derail.


but the consumer who has to now choose between which company will ***** them over less rather than choosing what company is offering more fun.


lol Love that comment...
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 107 All times are in CDT