Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

New Benchmark ReleasedFollow

#1 Aug 01 2013 at 1:12 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
514 posts
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/index.html

Benchmark AMD Catalyst 13.5 wrote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:8/1/2013 6:45:35 PM
Score:3625
Average Framerate:31.398
Performance:High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
System:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz
6139.531MB
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0010.1191

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.


Benchmark with updated AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta wrote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:8/1/2013 9:55:25 PM
Score:5085
Average Framerate:52.040
Performance:Very High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.
Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
Graphics Presets: Maximum
System:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz
6139.531MB
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0010.1234

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

For this though, I had to bump my fans to 82%(card1) and 75%(card2). Without doing that, my bench would keep crashing near the end of the second cutscene. Normally I have my fans set to 75% and 65% during play.

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 10:20pm by Demonadrastos

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 10:40pm by Demonadrastos
____________________________
DemonAdrastos of Titan(Retired)
PLD83, THF79, NIN85, WAR45, RDM45, SMN31, DRK37, DRG25
Windurst 10, Promathia COMPLETE, Zilart COMPLETE, ToAU 20

Paladin ~ Deimos Adrastos of Behemoth
#2 Aug 01 2013 at 1:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
587 posts
Yay! :D
#3 Aug 01 2013 at 1:41 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,101 posts
Fantastic! Thanks for posting to let us know, and also for not Rick Rolling us.
____________________________
------------------
#4 Aug 01 2013 at 1:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
Now if only we could suddenly force everyone ELSE madly downloading to suddenly lose connection, so ours could go faster... Smiley: clown
#5 Aug 01 2013 at 1:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
334 posts
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu

EU one is 403 forbidden.
#6 Aug 01 2013 at 2:06 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
514 posts
Ryklin the Malevolent wrote:
Fantastic! Thanks for posting to let us know, and also for not Rick Rolling us.

I was very tempted to Epic SaxGuy y'all :)
gtfantasy wrote:
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu

EU one is 403 forbidden.

I did post the EU site by mistake, but quickly fixed it after posting it to NA

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 1:31pm by Demonadrastos
____________________________
DemonAdrastos of Titan(Retired)
PLD83, THF79, NIN85, WAR45, RDM45, SMN31, DRK37, DRG25
Windurst 10, Promathia COMPLETE, Zilart COMPLETE, ToAU 20

Paladin ~ Deimos Adrastos of Behemoth
#7 Aug 01 2013 at 2:23 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
359 posts
SO does this mean we can create our characters now? Names and everything?
____________________________
Star Swirl on Excalibur-NA (Legacy)
50WHM, 50MNK 34SMN/SCH, 34DRG, 26MRD, 26THM
Officer of "My Little Brony", a linkshell for fans of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
#8 Aug 01 2013 at 2:27 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
garethrogue wrote:
SO does this mean we can create our characters now? Names and everything?


Supposedly yes, but can't confirm until it finishes downloading. Given the fact that I've gotten stuff from them faster than this before, I'd say their bandwidth's being sucked dry by us greedy little vampires right now...

Edit: Eyes glazed on the "Names" part of the quoted post, sorry! Updating to not have conflicting info with below.

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 5:02am by Ravashack
#9 Aug 01 2013 at 2:36 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
359 posts
Ravashack wrote:
garethrogue wrote:
SO does this mean we can create our characters now? Names and everything?


Supposedly yes, but can't confirm until it finishes downloading. Given the fact that I've gotten stuff from them faster than this before, I'd say their bandwidth's being sucked dry by us greedy little vampires right now...



well that's still one hell of an improvement over 1.0 beta, where the Squeenix downloader was always either broken or chocobo sh*t, and everything had to be downloaded using utorrent.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Excalibur-NA (Legacy)
50WHM, 50MNK 34SMN/SCH, 34DRG, 26MRD, 26THM
Officer of "My Little Brony", a linkshell for fans of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
#10 Aug 01 2013 at 2:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
68 posts
garethrogue wrote:
SO does this mean we can create our characters now? Names and everything?


You cannot reserve names with this. This is purely a character creator that pops your character into the Paladin's slot in the Benchmark.
#11 Aug 01 2013 at 2:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
Yep, but it automatically located my beta profiles for me when I chose to load appearance data, at least.
#12 Aug 01 2013 at 2:41 AM Rating: Good
***
1,101 posts
garethrogue wrote:
SO does this mean we can create our characters now? Names and everything?



You can create how your character LOOKS. That is all at this point. You can save it, and load it on the actual game. This new benchmark makes it so when you run "Exploration" that is built with it, the character you create takes the spot of the Paladin. Make sure you download the one that is 2.4 gigs, that is the one with the character creation!
____________________________
------------------
#13 Aug 01 2013 at 2:45 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
359 posts
oh, well I guess this is the next best thing.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Excalibur-NA (Legacy)
50WHM, 50MNK 34SMN/SCH, 34DRG, 26MRD, 26THM
Officer of "My Little Brony", a linkshell for fans of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
#14 Aug 01 2013 at 2:50 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
47 posts
Ryklin the Malevolent wrote:
garethrogue wrote:
SO does this mean we can create our characters now? Names and everything?



You can create how your character LOOKS. That is all at this point. You can save it, and load it on the actual game. This new benchmark makes it so when you run "Exploration" that is built with it, the character you create takes the spot of the Paladin. Make sure you download the one that is 2.4 gigs, that is the one with the character creation!



Is there any other one to download? I only found 1 link to download from and it's saying 2.6 gigs right now.
#15 Aug 01 2013 at 2:53 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
garethrogue wrote:
oh, well I guess this is the next best thing.


I know this is probably good enough to keep some, ah, appearance-obsessed friends busy for days at least, as long as they remember to have the program run as administrator first instead of being frustrated as to why it doesn't run.

Quistar49 wrote:
Is there any other one to download? I only found 1 link to download from and it's saying 2.6 gigs right now.


That's the correct one. The older one was MUCH smaller. File should say FFXIV-ARR-Bench-Character.zip instead of FFXIV-ARR-Bench-World.

And whatever the heck they did on the benchmark itself almost doubled my score from the 3700s on the old one to 6362 on this one...

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 5:05am by Ravashack
#16 Aug 01 2013 at 4:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
47 posts
Ravashack wrote:
garethrogue wrote:
oh, well I guess this is the next best thing.


I know this is probably good enough to keep some, ah, appearance-obsessed friends busy for days at least, as long as they remember to have the program run as administrator first instead of being frustrated as to why it doesn't run.

Quistar49 wrote:
Is there any other one to download? I only found 1 link to download from and it's saying 2.6 gigs right now.


That's the correct one. The older one was MUCH smaller. File should say FFXIV-ARR-Bench-Character.zip instead of FFXIV-ARR-Bench-World.

And whatever the heck they did on the benchmark itself almost doubled my score from the 3700s on the old one to 6362 on this one...

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 5:05am by Ravashack


Good to hear. Does it say you can run max then?
#17 Aug 01 2013 at 4:08 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
359 posts
my score for the last benchmark was 11.7k on default settings, and 5.4k for max settings with windows maximized. I suppose I could upgrade my graphics card and RAM, if I wanted a score to brag about.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Excalibur-NA (Legacy)
50WHM, 50MNK 34SMN/SCH, 34DRG, 26MRD, 26THM
Officer of "My Little Brony", a linkshell for fans of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
#18 Aug 01 2013 at 4:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
334 posts
how come only EU download is not working? Is this thing region specified?
#19 Aug 01 2013 at 4:50 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
281 posts
Ryklin the Malevolent wrote:
Fantastic! Thanks for posting to let us know, and also for not Rick Rolling us.


Hey! I resemble that remark!!
____________________________


#20 Aug 01 2013 at 5:19 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
Quistar49 wrote:
Ravashack wrote:
garethrogue wrote:
oh, well I guess this is the next best thing.


I know this is probably good enough to keep some, ah, appearance-obsessed friends busy for days at least, as long as they remember to have the program run as administrator first instead of being frustrated as to why it doesn't run.

Quistar49 wrote:
Is there any other one to download? I only found 1 link to download from and it's saying 2.6 gigs right now.


That's the correct one. The older one was MUCH smaller. File should say FFXIV-ARR-Bench-Character.zip instead of FFXIV-ARR-Bench-World.

And whatever the heck they did on the benchmark itself almost doubled my score from the 3700s on the old one to 6362 on this one...

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 5:05am by Ravashack


Good to hear. Does it say you can run max then?


The chart on the bottom of the benchmark says it counts as "Very High." (All of this is on max settings and borderless windowed resolution. Default isn't a setting that most people would play on with such a small screen.)

Someone like garethrogue who got 5k on the old one is almost definitely going to be > 7k on this one, which it considers the highest possible result.
#21 Aug 01 2013 at 6:55 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
359 posts
^ I ran the new benchmark on 1280x1024 High (Desktop) and scored 8454 with a 71.776 average framerate.

Also I just created my first character, and all I have to say is WOW!

That is the single most visually impressive character creation process I've ever seen.

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 9:09am by garethrogue
____________________________
Star Swirl on Excalibur-NA (Legacy)
50WHM, 50MNK 34SMN/SCH, 34DRG, 26MRD, 26THM
Officer of "My Little Brony", a linkshell for fans of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
#22 Aug 01 2013 at 7:13 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
So I guess PS3 users get nothing?
#23 Aug 01 2013 at 7:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,760 posts
They did some incredible optimization since the last benchmark. I went from about 2500 on high to just under 4000 on my laptop. On low I hit just under 7000 when it used to be under 5000. Color me impressed.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#24 Aug 01 2013 at 7:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Mopdaddy wrote:
So I guess PS3 users get nothing?


No, I posted the response to that a while back. I'll see if I can find it again.


Edited, Aug 1st 2013 8:21am by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#25 Aug 01 2013 at 7:23 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
Wint wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
So I guess PS3 users get nothing?


No, I posted the response to that a while back. I'll see if I can find it again.


Edited, Aug 1st 2013 8:21am by Wint

Well I thought I would be able to make a character early for once, oh well random it will be then
#26 Aug 01 2013 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
359 posts
Well unfortunately, it's not like PS3 would need a benchmark test, since they all have the same hardware.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Excalibur-NA (Legacy)
50WHM, 50MNK 34SMN/SCH, 34DRG, 26MRD, 26THM
Officer of "My Little Brony", a linkshell for fans of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
#27 Aug 01 2013 at 7:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
Our PS3 character appearances from the beta are supposed to save in the Saved Data folder under FFXIV. Should be possible to load it up again for the open beta client. As long as you didn't delete anything in that folder, you'll have that to work off of. But no actual benchmark to play around with in the mean time.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#28 Aug 01 2013 at 7:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
35 posts
I'm a PS3 player, but my everyday computer is a Mac. I'm horrible with technology stuff. On the download page, it says I need Windows Vista/7/8 to run the benchmark. My intention was to use the character creator to fine tune my appearance for the game. Does this mean I'm out of luck on my Mac? I'm a moron with this kinda thing.
____________________________

#29 Aug 01 2013 at 7:48 AM Rating: Decent
15 posts
would have been nice to check out what af looks like on other jobs with this but oh well, hate that the clipping issue for the male miq'ote tail is still present in all gear upto 50
#30 Aug 01 2013 at 7:51 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
Jaqbauer wrote:
I'm a PS3 player, but my everyday computer is a Mac. I'm horrible with technology stuff. On the download page, it says I need Windows Vista/7/8 to run the benchmark. My intention was to use the character creator to fine tune my appearance for the game. Does this mean I'm out of luck on my Mac? I'm a moron with this kinda thing.


The game hasn't been developed for Mac, only PCs. If you intended to use the benchmark, you'd have to have a PC copy of the game to load the appearance. I don't think there is a way to port the appearance over to the PS3 version. So yes, you'd have to buy a Windows PC in order to run the benchmark and the game itself.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#31 Aug 01 2013 at 7:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,544 posts
What's great about this benchmark, you can create a character and then watch them in the benchmark CGI to get a feel for what it will be like instead of just standing and posing.
____________________________


#32 Aug 01 2013 at 8:01 AM Rating: Good
***
1,649 posts
BartelX wrote:
They did some incredible optimization since the last benchmark. I went from about 2500 on high to just under 4000 on my laptop. On low I hit just under 7000 when it used to be under 5000. Color me impressed.


I have to say, the addition of laptop-centric settings for both the Standard and High options is a very nice touch. I was also able to bump things up as a result of having settings tailored to being a laptop user (higher resolution, better graphical options, etc.), and still eked out a 3550 when I didn't think it would be possible.

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 10:04am by Satisiun
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI Character(s)
Name: Satisiun
Server: Carbuncle (RIP Gilgamesh)
Jobs: 99DRG, 99PLD, 99RDM, 99WHM | Everything else: 50-60
~Retired.~

Final Fantasy XIV Character(s)
Name: Satisiun Desain
Server(s): Sargantas (primary)
Ranks: LNC/DRG 50 | DoH: 50 | DoL: 50 | DoW/DoM: 20
#33 Aug 01 2013 at 8:03 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
64 posts
Some of the facial features I want are not available with the face type that I want. =/
#34 Aug 01 2013 at 8:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
61 posts
Ryklin the Malevolent wrote:
Fantastic! Thanks for posting to let us know, and also for not Rick Rolling us.



It's only Thursday Rick Roll is tomorrow.
#35 Aug 01 2013 at 8:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,361 posts
Jaqbauer wrote:
I'm a PS3 player, but my everyday computer is a Mac. I'm horrible with technology stuff. On the download page, it says I need Windows Vista/7/8 to run the benchmark. My intention was to use the character creator to fine tune my appearance for the game. Does this mean I'm out of luck on my Mac? I'm a moron with this kinda thing.


Unfortunately yes. I'm not sure that the character creator benchmark will run in emulation software, I'll download it on my Windows 7 Parallels 8 VM and let you know if it works or not. You could also install Windows using Bootcamp if you have enough HDD space and a spare license, unfortunately if you don't have that the cost is probably prohibitive to actually doing it.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#36 Aug 01 2013 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
Previous benchmark score: 7400
New benchmark score: 8900
Smiley: nod

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 9:50am by Threx
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#37 Aug 01 2013 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,649 posts
My score

Not what I hoped for, but I'm cool with this.

People with 670 gtx cards are able to push past 10k on Max settings.
____________________________

#38 Aug 01 2013 at 9:42 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,066 posts
Thanks for the info , I checked my 15yr old email address and nothing about this has been sent out. I guess word of mouth is the way this is going to spread.
____________________________





#39 Aug 01 2013 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,757 posts
So is there a way to upload the creation to your account somehow? I'm asking because I'm playing on the PS3 for now and would like to fool around with it and be able to save somehow. I suppose I can play around with it regardless on my PC, but I was hoping for a PS3 solution.
____________________________

If it doesn't happen, we're left with just one option. While we can talk about PlayStation 4 as a mid-range PC in a miniature box, to comprehensively best the console's most powerful elements, once again it seems likely that PC owners will need more money to brute-force their way through to improved performance.

Source
#40 Aug 01 2013 at 10:35 AM Rating: Excellent
*
172 posts
For PS3 users who want to play around with the character creator on the PC - simple solution is just to write down the options that you decide to stick with. There is no way currently (correct me if I am wrong) to save your entry from the PC benchmark and load it to the PS3. So simply write down the values you have selected (example: Height - 50, Face - 6, etc. etc.) so that you can re-create once the open beta starts.

I honestly didn't realize there was the save function in Phase3 beta until after I had completed my character creation, so I had already written it all down just in case.
____________________________
Kezia Canadensis
Ultros
TKC <ZAM>
#41 Aug 01 2013 at 10:59 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
405 posts
Thanks! Gonna take all the time to get this right!

Find someone else to camp please.

Edited, Aug 2nd 2013 1:31am by GDLYL
#42 Aug 01 2013 at 2:07 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
So is there a way to upload the creation to your account somehow? I'm asking because I'm playing on the PS3 for now and would like to fool around with it and be able to save somehow. I suppose I can play around with it regardless on my PC, but I was hoping for a PS3 solution.


I have absolutely no idea if it is possible, but can you pull the appearance data from where they are located on your PS3 to your PC and see if it loads?
#43 Aug 01 2013 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
I just got home and started the download. It's......incredibly slow. Is it getting hammered or something? I've been at 37 minutes to go for the last 10 minutes. Did anyone else have trouble with DL speed?
____________________________
FFXIV - Neo Geo (formerly Droxy Durango)
FFXI - Brit *Manly man on the Fairy server*
{Retired for good in 2010 after the server transfer and forced name change)

#44 Aug 01 2013 at 5:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
751 posts
Took me about 6 hours to download the benchmark.

Pretty pleased when I did though. ON max settings 1920x1080, my laptop scored over 7,200 up from around 5,000 last time round so they must have been working on optimisation.

System:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz
32650.309MB
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.17.0010.2932
(not sure why it says it was using the Intel graphics, I actually have a NVIDIA GFORCE 680M - I don't suppose I could get that score using integrated graphics).
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros





#45 Aug 01 2013 at 6:01 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
514 posts
So the first Score I posted in my top post was with AMD Catalyst 13.5. Got an Email from the site with with a download for AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta. First time I tried to run the test with the NEW AMD update, was in Fullscreen. By the second Cutscene my score was at 3k+, but near the End of the the second cutscene, the bench would crash. Tried this 3 times, with the same ending score and crashing at the same spot. Finally switched to Borderless Windowed, Played all the way through, and got the 3.9k score. Would have been interested to know what my new fullscreen score would have been in full. Upgrading to 13.8 beta seems to give quite the boost, but still with some bugs.
Benchmark wrote:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:8/1/2013 7:50:56 PM
Score:3910
Average Framerate:33.678
Performance:High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.
System:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz
6139.531MB
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0010.1234

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.


Edited, Aug 1st 2013 8:02pm by Demonadrastos

Edited, Aug 1st 2013 8:11pm by Demonadrastos
____________________________
DemonAdrastos of Titan(Retired)
PLD83, THF79, NIN85, WAR45, RDM45, SMN31, DRK37, DRG25
Windurst 10, Promathia COMPLETE, Zilart COMPLETE, ToAU 20

Paladin ~ Deimos Adrastos of Behemoth
#46 Aug 01 2013 at 7:52 PM Rating: Good
***
1,172 posts
Twice now I've tried to download then unzip the benchmark but I'm not getting any luck. I keep getting the same error whenever I try to unzip anything from the files:

C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\FFXIV-ARR-Bench-Character.zip: Either multipart or corrupt

...getting frustrating, especially since I can see it's not something everybody's running into.
____________________________
Valion, San d'Oria - Retired
Odin Server
SAM90/PLD90/COR90/BLU90/RDM90/SCH90

Valion Chevalier, Limsa Lominsa
Hyperion Server
50 All Classes

"Please, I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed."
-New Gold Dreams (another short-lived webcomic)
#47 Aug 01 2013 at 8:07 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
514 posts
Use WinRAR? Try deleting all related files, downloads, then the browser download file(if you use Firefox), and start a fresh download.
____________________________
DemonAdrastos of Titan(Retired)
PLD83, THF79, NIN85, WAR45, RDM45, SMN31, DRK37, DRG25
Windurst 10, Promathia COMPLETE, Zilart COMPLETE, ToAU 20

Paladin ~ Deimos Adrastos of Behemoth
#48 Aug 01 2013 at 8:16 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
He probably is using WinRAR, as that's the error I got when trying to extract it using WinRAR. I just opened it in Windows Explorer instead and everything came out fine.
#49 Aug 01 2013 at 8:23 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,410 posts
I don't think the newer version of the benchmark(creation) is using the same AA as the old one(world). FXAA gives the effect of AA without the same hit in performance you would experience if using the other types of AA. They didn't really optimize it as much as they just removed something that most people wouldn't use unless they're running a higher tier GPU(or several in SLI/Xfire).
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#50 Aug 02 2013 at 12:37 AM Rating: Good
Yunchang wrote:
Twice now I've tried to download then unzip the benchmark but I'm not getting any luck. I keep getting the same error whenever I try to unzip anything from the files:
C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\FFXIV-ARR-Bench-Character.zip: Either multipart or corrupt
...getting frustrating, especially since I can see it's not something everybody's running into.


I had the same thing happen all this morning. Tried:

1. switching from Firefox to internet explorer
2. Updating computer
3. Updating graphics driver
4. Updating direct X
5. Many many re-download attempts

What finally worked for me was changing the Unzip program. What I ended up using was Universal Extractor.
#51 Aug 02 2013 at 12:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,274 posts
DownWithTheSickness wrote:
Yunchang wrote:
Twice now I've tried to download then unzip the benchmark but I'm not getting any luck. I keep getting the same error whenever I try to unzip anything from the files:
C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\FFXIV-ARR-Bench-Character.zip: Either multipart or corrupt
...getting frustrating, especially since I can see it's not something everybody's running into.


I had the same thing happen all this morning. Tried:

1. switching from Firefox to internet explorer
2. Updating computer
3. Updating graphics driver
4. Updating direct X
5. Many many re-download attempts

What finally worked for me was changing the Unzip program. What I ended up using was Universal Extractor.


Now that I think about it, what was the application you used to unzip originally? More importantly, when was it actually updated last?
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help