Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Guttrix Silverpicks?Follow

#1 Aug 25 2013 at 12:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
Does anyone know where to find him. I got a quest from Poponagu in Camp Drybone. I'm supposed to find Guttrix Silverpicks and use the /beckon command to lure him to some destination. I can't find him anywhere and I can't initiate the quest like you would a normal guildleve. It says its a level 15 quest. I switched classes and I'm a level 13 at the moment. Is this the problem? Please help.
#2 Aug 25 2013 at 12:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,755 posts
that sounds a lot like the leve test quest where you have to beckon a goblin across the map, go to the red circle hit j and activate it (unless youve rebound your keys or you are on ps3 in which case just access your journal ;) )

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 2:54am by ZiGG
____________________________
Dwayna
75WHM 75BLM
94+2 Clothcraft
Lakshmi
#3 Aug 25 2013 at 12:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
Yeah that is the right quest. I'm on ps3. When I go into my journal there is no option to initiate the quest like there usually is. Not sure if there is a glitch or something.
#4 Aug 25 2013 at 1:05 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
You need to be the appropriate level to initiate the quest. I don't think a 13 can initiate a level 15 leve quest.
#5 Aug 25 2013 at 1:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
That's what I was thinking. But I switched over to my level 15 THM and still no initiate button or anything. Well I just got booted for maintenance so i guess I will try to figure it out tomorrow.
#6 Aug 25 2013 at 1:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,755 posts
did you run out of leve allowances? they take a while to recharge
____________________________
Dwayna
75WHM 75BLM
94+2 Clothcraft
Lakshmi
#7 Aug 25 2013 at 1:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,755 posts
additionally for the drybone quest in question I think the actually leve part is listed under leves and there is a second quest to basically do it given at the same time. I had both of these things plaguing my quest bar for quite some time cause I got my Ifrit fight in the middle of doing the leve. :p
____________________________
Dwayna
75WHM 75BLM
94+2 Clothcraft
Lakshmi
#8 Aug 25 2013 at 1:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
ZiGG wrote:
did you run out of leve allowances? they take a while to recharge

That is a definite possibility. Can't check now because maintenance is going on. Hopefully that was the problem. I was cranking out guildleves trying to level up a secondary job and wasn't paying attention to my allowances.
#9 Aug 25 2013 at 4:27 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
8,773 posts
WilhelmRyan wrote:
ZiGG wrote:
did you run out of leve allowances? they take a while to recharge

That is a definite possibility. Can't check now because maintenance is going on. Hopefully that was the problem. I was cranking out guildleves trying to level up a secondary job and wasn't paying attention to my allowances.


Also make sure you didn't have the menu minimized. I've done that sometimes and wondered why quests and leves I had wern't visible lol.
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#10 Aug 25 2013 at 7:09 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,092 posts
Make sure you are trying to activate the actual leve quest and not the quest to do the leve quest for the first time. When you first arrive you get a quest from the leve quest giver, and that quest is to do a leve. Then you accept the leve.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#11 Aug 26 2013 at 12:36 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Make sure you are trying to activate the actual leve quest and not the quest to do the leve quest for the first time. When you first arrive you get a quest from the leve quest giver, and that quest is to do a leve. Then you accept the leve.

Not sure what you mean. Finally got back on and I checked and I have 13 leve allowances. Talked to Poponagu and he gave me this quest. I don't think it is an actual guildleve. I think it is the quest to unlock the guildleves. But I still can't find guttrix Silverpicks anywhere.
#12 Aug 26 2013 at 12:42 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
Now I just saw him randomly wandering around. I tried the /beckon command and it didin't do anything. Then he disappeared.
#13 Aug 26 2013 at 12:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
It is a guildleve. The quest to open Leve at the camp will always ask you to start a guildleve (fixed). You need to initiate it, it will not be in the same category as the quest itself in the journal but a separate (scroll down, well Idk how you do it in PS3). The one you saw is from another player's leve and you can't interact with him.
____________________________




#14 Aug 26 2013 at 1:03 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
Khornette wrote:
It is a guildleve. The quest to open Leve at the camp will always ask you to start a guildleve (fixed). You need to initiate it, it will not be in the same category as the quest itself in the journal but a separate (scroll down, well Idk how you do it in PS3). The one you saw is from another player's leve and you can't interact with him.

Nope. The quest I'm trying to do is called "Leves of Camp Drybone". It is listed under quests in my journal with no button to initiate. Further down in my journal is the leve quests category where I only have one called "The Law Won". And when I click on that it has an initiate button. Not sure what the deal is. Is my game broken?
#15 Aug 26 2013 at 1:05 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
Never mind. I get what you are saying now. More confusing than it should be.
#16 Aug 26 2013 at 1:05 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
WilhelmRyan wrote:
Khornette wrote:
It is a guildleve. The quest to open Leve at the camp will always ask you to start a guildleve (fixed). You need to initiate it, it will not be in the same category as the quest itself in the journal but a separate (scroll down, well Idk how you do it in PS3). The one you saw is from another player's leve and you can't interact with him.

Nope. The quest I'm trying to do is called "Leves of Camp Drybone". It is listed under quests in my journal with no button to initiate. Further down in my journal is the leve quests category where I only have one called "The Law Won". And when I click on that it has an initiate button. Not sure what the deal is. Is my game broken?

There should be a red circle in that area on your map which should say "The Law Won" if you hover over it. Move into that red area and the 'Initiate' button will be available to start the leve.

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 3:08am by TwistedOwl
#17 Aug 26 2013 at 1:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
38 posts
Yeah got that done finally. Kinda confusing that they have 2 quest overlapping like that. Hope I never see that goblin again. Thanks everyone.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 117 All times are in CST
Acet14, SillyHawk, svlyons, Anonymous Guests (114)