Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

This is Early AccessFollow

#52 Aug 25 2013 at 5:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
domice wrote:
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the hell of it.


I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?
____________________________
FFXIV
Deadpool Xrage (Ultros)
Eriston Xrage (Ultros)

FFXI
Eriston
Siren - 75Bst/75Whm/75Rng (Retired June 2010)


Gone surfin'
#53 Aug 25 2013 at 6:01 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
112 posts
Eriston wrote:
domice wrote:
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the hell of it.


I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?

I dunno, we all knew these 4 days of EA would be like this. Why ask for your money back now... SqE is committed to fixing this — it's not official launch yet.
#54 Aug 25 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,175 posts
People want to play and they can't, that's why their complaining. They want a game that has been out for this long already, to finally be good and free of a bunch of errors. Even if it does have errors, they want those errors fixed in the downtime. I don't endorse complaints, but people need to vent sometimes. I think it's at least fair that they do so.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#55 Aug 25 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
181 posts
Eriston wrote:
domice wrote:
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the hell of it.


I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?



well you only have a right to be mad if you experience issues for things you spent your money on. you spent your money on a game that comes out 8-27-13. they threw you a bone by letting you play a few days early for free. hell and even if you never got to log on once or do anything in EA it was free and cost you no money, untill the 27th rolls around sit back if you can play play if not it is whatever it was house money after all
#56 Aug 25 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
25 posts
pufardo wrote:
I dunno, we all knew these 4 days of EA would be like this. Why ask for your money back now... SqE is committed to fixing this — it's not official launch yet.


We did? I must have missed the memo that told us to prepare for inability to play on EA weekend. The one hour that I did get to enjoy last night consisted of not being able to queue up for dungeons and getting, "There was a character movement error," over and over when trying to zone in for my job quest.
#57 Aug 25 2013 at 6:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
655 posts
pufardo wrote:

I dunno, we all knew these 4 days of EA would be like this. Why ask for your money back now... SqE is committed to fixing this — it's not official launch yet.


Yea I missed that memo.. or i would ahve just gotten my free copy and never spent the 30$ for EA.
#58 Aug 25 2013 at 6:12 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,175 posts
There was no charge specifically for early access, but people need to realize that there are others who already owned the game spending money to get these 3 days of early access. It's unfair that they expect it to work?

"It's just early access" is not an excuse. "It's just Square Enix" however, is quickly becoming something that people will recognize. Not for the reasons you'd want them to either. Smiley: bah
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#59 Aug 25 2013 at 6:20 PM Rating: Excellent
FilthMcNasty wrote:
There was no charge specifically for early access, but people need to realize that there are others who already owned the game spending money to get these 3 days of early access. It's unfair that they expect it to work?

"It's just early access" is not an excuse. "It's just Square Enix" however, is quickly becoming something that people will recognize. Not for the reasons you'd want them to either. Smiley: bah


^ this. This is where I and my LS are. We all get the game for free but pre ordered for EA. I actually had my friend call me just now to say he quit and was going to try and get a refund for his pre order. He hasn't been able to log in at all for the last 2 days. Not unusual, but this friend played 1.0 all the way until the servers were shut down so if anyone was going to stick around it would be him. This makes me think if he's quitting, how many other people will too? There's a thread floating around that SE can't afford a bad launch, and they can't in any stretch of the imagination and they know it. However, they are barreling in the direction.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 5:21pm by SkinwalkerAsura
#60 Aug 25 2013 at 6:22 PM Rating: Default
*
85 posts
Eriston wrote:
domice wrote:
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the hell of it.


I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?


If you truly want to then I would say your credit card company is your friend. Simply dispute the charge on the basis that part of the agreement was for service this weekend and that was not met. While a ton of people will flame me that it was a free perk I am sure your credit card company would take your side.
#61 Aug 25 2013 at 6:25 PM Rating: Decent
*
149 posts
zaarel wrote:
Eriston wrote:
domice wrote:
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the hell of it.


I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?


If you truly want to then I would say your credit card company is your friend. Simply dispute the charge on the basis that part of the agreement was for service this weekend and that was not met. While a ton of people will flame me that it was a free perk I am sure your credit card company would take your side.


Except the agreement was contingent upon acceptance of the ToS, which includes a disclaimer releasing SE of any liability associated with the issues we're experiencing. I wouldn't recommend doing that. Most pre-order places won't be charging you for the game until the 27th, though, the day of actual release. You should be able to cancel the pre-order without harm until then. It's generally easier than calling your credit card company and having someone sell your account in a bulk batch of delinquent accounts to a collection agency to be collected on for something so trivial.
#62 Aug 25 2013 at 6:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
zaarel wrote:
Eriston wrote:
domice wrote:
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the hell of it.


I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?


If you truly want to then I would say your credit card company is your friend. Simply dispute the charge on the basis that part of the agreement was for service this weekend and that was not met. While a ton of people will flame me that it was a free perk I am sure your credit card company would take your side.


Circus #2. But yea, I don't see how else I would get a refund. I won't do this again.
____________________________
FFXIV
Deadpool Xrage (Ultros)
Eriston Xrage (Ultros)

FFXI
Eriston
Siren - 75Bst/75Whm/75Rng (Retired June 2010)


Gone surfin'
#63 Aug 25 2013 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,175 posts
domice wrote:
I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?


Call Square Enix and cancel them, not your credit card company; they're just going to suggest that you do the same. If people want their money back they need to cancel their order with whoever they ordered it from. Don't call anyone other than who you made your purchase from unless said persons refuse to cancel.


Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:29pm by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#64 Aug 25 2013 at 6:33 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,729 posts
Early access is paid for. and is the release of the game and launch.. I am, so sick of this damn game there is a chance if SE does not fix Tesee account tomorrow we might just cancel both preorders. Looks like now Tesse looses all her preorder stuff and most likely here P4 progress. She worked so hard to get her charecter to 20 so when she got back she would not be so far behind.

Here account is completely screwed up now.

I keep getting server is full and cant even get on and P4 I had a error and could not play most of it.

Who the hell launches a game and closes customer support.

I think that is what makes me so angry I cant get a hold of anyone to fix the problem.




pufardo wrote:
Eriston wrote:
domice wrote:
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the hell of it.


I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?

I dunno, we all knew these 4 days of EA would be like this. Why ask for your money back now... SqE is committed to fixing this — it's not official launch yet.


And what will you say when the game launches what excuse will you have then.. We heard this all beta. You really think they will fix this in two days. All we heard is SE will fix this before EA and guess what more problems this game is not ready to launch period. Question if they launch with problems you people who keep defending Se going to shut up? That is what I am sick of people defending SE for all these problems. I have every right to vent. Tesee is loosing all pereorder stuff as of right now and we preordered right away. I cant lay again.



Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:42pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#65 Aug 25 2013 at 6:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
Nashred wrote:
Early access is paid for. and is the release of the game and launch.. I am, so sick of this damn game there is a chance if SE does not fix Tesee account tomorrow we might just cancel both preorders. Looks like now Tesse looses all her preorder stuff and most likely here P4 progress. She worked so hard to get her charecter to 20 so when she got back she would not be so far behind.

Here account is completely screwed up now.

I keep getting server is full and cant even get on and P4 I had a error and could not play most of it.

Who the hell launches a game and closes customer support.

I think that is what makes me so angry I cant get a hold of anyone to fix the problem.




pufardo wrote:
Eriston wrote:
domice wrote:
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the hell of it.


I paid for two copies of digital download. How can I get my money back?

I dunno, we all knew these 4 days of EA would be like this. Why ask for your money back now... SqE is committed to fixing this — it's not official launch yet.


And what will you say when the game launches what excuse will you have then.. We heard this all beta. You really think they will fix this in two days. All we heard is SE will fix this before EA and guess what more problems this game is not ready to launch period. Question if they launch with problems you people who keep defending Se going to shut up? That is what I am sick of people defending SE for all these problems. I have every right to vent. Tesee is loosing all pereorder stuff as of right now and we preordered right away. I cant lay again.



Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:42pm by Nashred


Its going to be okay. If you need a hug and cry out, just ask.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#66 Aug 25 2013 at 7:11 PM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
So, pray tell, how does a $30 game, a game that you didn't pay extra for early access for, a game that would have been $30 whether you pre-ordered it or not, can have so many more complainers about something that isn't even a requirement in life, something that is purely for entertainment, and in no way affects whether you survive or not, yet has so many more quacking hens than a massive financial entity when it fails causing havoc and mayhem?

Kind of an apples to oranges comparison. I would imagine the vast majority of people trying to use their card and being unable to are taking it out on the poor soul telling them it isn't working. They blow up at them for a couple minutes since they are right in front of them at the time then switch to their VISA or MasterCard.

The most important thing to remember is that these people making posts were likely expecting to be filling their day with game play. With that out the window, they now have a lot of time to post about their displeasure with SE and are raring to do so.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 9:46pm by MrTalos
#67 Aug 25 2013 at 7:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,570 posts
Turgis wrote:
I really think SE has horrid or just ignorant technicians. In business, you always plan for having more than you need. It's also a popular mantra in the military. It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have. If they would've spent additional increments of money for more server capacity, they would've saved a lot more compared with all of the emergency maintenance they've had to do with their prior pis-poor preparation.
The problem is budgetary concerns are real. I completely agree with you and subscribe to the philosophy of "have and not need over need and not have", but I'm sure someone above Yoshi-P and the devs may have put a limit on how to go about setting up the data centers.

The other thing to concider is that some see adding more servers at launch as one of the worst things you could do, because once the newness wears off and your playerbase evens itself out (you do lose players one way or the other), you'll have a bunch of underpopulated servers. From a psychology standpoint, you do NOT want to merge servers so close to a game's launch, because the ignorant masses WILL see that as the game not doing well/dying.

Even if it isn't a result of decline of a game, that's how it is universally viewed. This is why WoW is going to great lengths to figure out how to extend cross-server technology to increase grouping options and populations without having to merge servers; they know the moment they start merging servers you'll hear the trumpets of "WoW is dying" blaring across the heavens while the 9 million WoW'ers wait for the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.

That's the last thing we want for ARR.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 9:24pm by Ruisu
____________________________
Products of boredom: 1 2 3 4 5
Besieged
Hopes for FFXIV: Fencer | Red Mage
#68 Aug 25 2013 at 7:28 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
Ruisu wrote:

This is why WoW is going to great lengths to figure out how to extend cross-server technology to increase grouping options and populations without having to merge servers; they know the moment they start merging servers you'll hear the trumpets of "WoW is dying" blaring across the heavens while the 9 million WoW'ers wait for the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.

That's the last thing we want for ARR.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 9:24pm by Ruisu


Of course they'll wait for them, I bet they drop some sweet loot...
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#69 Aug 25 2013 at 7:29 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
You know what I learned from all of this? Even after years of frequenting the WoW forums <shudder> and never coming across this term, I was labeled as a "white knight" on the official ARR forum. Yes. A "white knight." I was accused of defending SE (lol) for "no reason whatsoever," when in fact I was just pointing out how far a bit of patience can go. It's disturbing that a term typically viewed as "good" or at least hopeful is now considered something bad. The internet has truly turned into a vapid scene ... I'm beginning to think forums are extremely bad for the health lol
#70 Aug 25 2013 at 7:43 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
175 posts
Love all the white knights coming out to defend this. I'm not hating or overly upset I'm not really getting to play. But I will say at any rate it's still pretty lame for those that were expecting to play that Square planned this out very very poorly there is no hindsight is 20/20 the hand writing was on the wall before they even implemented their plans.

1. Let's have a long period of no testing for the PS3 version till near the end. Check

2. Let's have a extremely short open beta that was near unplayable during its period only a week from early access and not extend it or use that time to possibly increase server capacity or get more servers up. Check

3. Let's wait till 0 hour for people to be able to register their pre-order codes so they all slam the system at one time that's always a good idea. Check

4. Let's keep the servers up even if they are near unplayable just so we can say they are up instead of just taking them down and fixing them till they are fixed. Check

5. Make sure no matter what the Japanese servers stay up and running because in no way does their north american market matter. Further more lets keep our majority market in the dark and say congratulations the errors are gone! Only to see same error again. Because ya know anybody who played FFXI would ever point out how their Japanese player base had priority. Check

I'm not again really upset but after being a 1.0 player seeing all these issues is really not impressing me or a lot of other people.

To those above who say "why should they buy more servers if they won't need them later" That's very true they won't because most people who play this first week that won't be able to even log in will cancel and not look back.
____________________________
Gothos 75 SMN 75 WHM 68 COR 65SAM ~FFXI (Valefor)
80 Warlock - 80 Priest - 80 Shaman WoW (Moon Guard)
#71 Aug 25 2013 at 7:43 PM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
EQfirst wrote:
You know what I learned from all of this? Even after years of frequenting the WoW forums <shudder> and never coming across this term, I was labeled as a "white knight" on the official ARR forum. Yes. A "white knight." I was accused of defending SE (lol) for "no reason whatsoever," when in fact I was just pointing out how far a bit of patience can go. It's disturbing that a term typically viewed as "good" or at least hopeful is now considered something bad. The internet has truly turned into a vapid scene ... I'm beginning to think forums are extremely bad for the health lol

I can't swear to it but Alla may have been where white knight originated lol

Just ignore it and go about your business. You always run the risk of becoming a target if you post in a thread where people are complaining or vice versa.
#72Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 7:54 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) This is step three of white knight apologism: All mmos have bugs so its ok that its broken.
#73 Aug 25 2013 at 8:49 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,729 posts
Fact is they should have delayed launch.
Me and my girlfriend are going to have to play on separate worlds now due to a ***** up by SE and she has no EA or ingame stuff and has to start over again..
Like a post before S/E has been losing money for like 5 years and in the hundreds of millions for several quarters now.. I really think they don't have the money to handle it anymore. I think the whole rush to get the game out was so they had some revenue to actually finish up.

Why not fix the problems, games are delayed all the time? Why because the company does not have the money to do it right so launch a broken game so we can have some more money to maybe resolve some issues.

Just talked to my friend and he has nothing but 9000 issues and he bought a ps3 just for this game to play with us. Oh and all you people said the 9000 issue would be fixed so you were rong and liars... He is pissed he has not been able to get on now. He is pissed to the point to where he wants to go back to ffxi, Only problem is if this game fails so does FFXI, there is no doubt if FFXIV fails the company goes into bankruptcy in my opinion,

Why not have your support center open for this and have extended hours
. There is no way To have our stuff fixed by Tuesday for me with a support center that closes at 6:00 I don't get home from work till 5:00 and I m sure the wait time on support will be several hours, it was already that friday. Why not have a support center open at launch with extended hours.




Edited, Aug 25th 2013 11:11pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#74 Aug 25 2013 at 9:43 PM Rating: Decent
19 posts
i feel bad for the people who bought EA even though they were already eligible to get the game for free. oh well tough cookies I guess.
#75 Aug 25 2013 at 9:53 PM Rating: Good
***
1,025 posts
I kinda wish they hadn't made the server segregation so apparent. That way the server load would be spread around more evenly among 50 servers.
____________________________
日本台湾友好!
#76 Aug 25 2013 at 9:53 PM Rating: Good
****
4,175 posts
Nashred wrote:
Fact is they should have delayed launch.
Me and my girlfriend are going to have to play on separate worlds now due to a ***** up by SE and she has no EA or ingame stuff and has to start over again..


You should just start with your gf on a new server once/if the issues get taken care of.

As far as contacting support, if you're home around lunch you could start a support ticket and enter the chat queue. It would probably be close to ready when you get off work.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 31 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (31)