Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

I'm staying logged in all dayFollow

#152 Aug 29 2013 at 4:18 PM Rating: Good
*
249 posts
Sigue wrote:
I am happy that you are such a deeply giving, caring, and moral person that you are willing to take the very real risk of spending most of your night trying to log on. I, on the other hand, am a self-entitled waste of humanity and will continue to log in in the morning so that when I get home from my 9-5 job I will be able to play the game I have paid for and hopin that giving to charity in real life will make up for what is by your account a villainous act on par with lighting kittens on fire and then using them to light puppies on fire.

I have lost faith in humanity. People like you are why this great country has fallen so low.
#153 Aug 29 2013 at 4:44 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,175 posts
Sigue wrote:
I am happy that you are such a deeply giving, caring, and moral person that you are willing to take the very real risk of spending most of your night trying to log on. I, on the other hand, am a self-entitled waste of humanity and will continue to log in in the morning so that when I get home from my 9-5 job I will be able to play the game I have paid for and hopin that giving to charity in real life will make up for what is by your account a villainous act on par with lighting kittens on fire and then using them to light puppies on fire.

"I paid for it and I deserve it."

Paying for the game and having outside responsibilities covers just about everyone. At least maintain what little dignity you can by owning the fact that you're being selfish Smiley: rolleyes


Edited, Aug 29th 2013 6:44pm by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#154 Aug 29 2013 at 5:10 PM Rating: Decent
28 posts
Cant see all the bother about people moaning about people going afk they paid for the game and theres no law saying not to.
Big case of sour grapes thats all it it so you all log out when you go for a pee? or your dinner? just as bad as staying on all day.
If we do end up with a afk auto log out why not have it so people can only play 2 hours tops before forced log out to let others have a chance to log in.
Dont blame the player blame the game:)
#155 Aug 29 2013 at 5:30 PM Rating: Decent
*
249 posts
ferrari15 wrote:
Cant see all the bother about people moaning about people going afk they paid for the game and theres no law saying not to.
Big case of sour grapes thats all it it so you all log out when you go for a pee? or your dinner? just as bad as staying on all day.
If we do end up with a afk auto log out why not have it so people can only play 2 hours tops before forced log out to let others have a chance to log in.
Dont blame the player blame the game:)

This whole post is ridiculous. You are acting like you ARE guilty of this and now are lashing out because the majority of the community hates your kind. While SE did ***** up by not having an afk timer, you are the ones EXPLOITING this.
#156 Aug 29 2013 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
*
189 posts
ummm 1017 i can't get in, i thought they fixed this, guess once i am in my ps3 will get a stress test.
____________________________
FFXI Alexandar 51 SUM
Ramuh 50 SUM 53 THF
WoW Malygos 80MAG 60 WLK
The forgtn cst 80 MAG 73 WLK

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=2494669
Retainer: Weaponsandshields
#157 Aug 29 2013 at 7:36 PM Rating: Decent
*
230 posts
I just was able to log in. I have not had free time and played maybe 20hours since beta phase 4.

I am thinking about staying logged in because my time is precious to me right now. I barely get to play a 1-2 days a week for a couple/few hours.

I can not sit there and spam log in for 4+ hours (mother of god that is insane that some of you have time for that !)

No /shameface for me. I just want to be able to enjoy the game as I was able not to for early access.. :>
#158 Aug 29 2013 at 8:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*
66 posts
I stay logged in if I'm going out to eat, going to the store or taking a break. But If I'm going to bed for the night.I'll log out. I know a friend of mine who goes to bed at around 1 AM stays logged in gets up goes to work and stays logged in while he's at work. That's just not right.

Edited, Aug 29th 2013 10:23pm by Looking4u
#159 Aug 29 2013 at 8:50 PM Rating: Good
*
108 posts
can somebody log out so I can log in on midgarsormr? I wanna play and you are just sitting there
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1823001[/ffxivsig]
#160 Aug 29 2013 at 8:58 PM Rating: Decent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I'm the jerk right on on Lamia that's logged in hanging out afk while I play FFXI. Smiley: lol
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#161 Aug 29 2013 at 9:09 PM Rating: Decent
*
108 posts
not my server, but I still hate you

I want to play 2 hours and go to bed. I promise to log out. f u f u f u

Edited, Aug 29th 2013 11:12pm by klooste8
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1823001[/ffxivsig]
#162 Aug 29 2013 at 9:30 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Well, I was playing XIV and just hanging out in XI to see of my Neo Nyzul Isle static was meeting (turns out, no) when I saw a shout for tier V Jeuno Voidwatch. A quest I've been on for SIX MONTHS.

And then they did VI too and now we're going to kill Provenance Watcher and that's one more XI thing I can finally knock off my bucket list. Smiley: yippee
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#163 Aug 29 2013 at 9:54 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
I won't blame anyone who is staying logged in. They aren't the problem.
The main problem is SE's servers suck.
People should be able to log in whenever they want (except maintenance).
#164 Aug 30 2013 at 2:05 AM Rating: Decent
*
249 posts
ReyGaspar wrote:
I won't blame anyone who is staying logged in. They aren't the problem.
The main problem is SE's servers suck.
People should be able to log in whenever they want (except maintenance).

Actually they are a problem as admitted by their own mouths and actions.
#165 Aug 30 2013 at 3:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
491 posts
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:
I think its despicable that a large portion of the player base is happy ******** over everyone else. Do these afkers not care they are hurting the game? Do they not think that people will just not start giving up on trying to play this game because they can not get on at all due to some selfish self-entitled waste of humanity? And its worse still that these afkers are rationalizing being absolute douches. FF used to have a great community. Now it looks more like WoW's community.


I wouldn't say they are happy (well, maybe some, but...), I think they are just looking at it as a necessary evil. I've said it before, I won't 'sacrifice' my morals (as if morals could be sacrificed in the first place, hate that saying :P) to benefit myself. And, as I said before, I harbor no ill will against others that feel that they must. The world is an dynamic stewpot of different ideas and standards. Without that diversity, the world would be a dry and shallow place to call home.
#166 Aug 30 2013 at 5:45 AM Rating: Decent
28 posts
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:
ferrari15 wrote:
Cant see all the bother about people moaning about people going afk they paid for the game and theres no law saying not to.
Big case of sour grapes thats all it it so you all log out when you go for a pee? or your dinner? just as bad as staying on all day.
If we do end up with a afk auto log out why not have it so people can only play 2 hours tops before forced log out to let others have a chance to log in.
Dont blame the player blame the game:)

This whole post is ridiculous. You are acting like you ARE guilty of this and now are lashing out because the majority of the community hates your kind. While SE did ***** up by not having an afk timer, you are the ones EXPLOITING this.



Not lashing out at anyone was never a problem staying logged on in ffix it also had an afk timer(most people turned it off).
I dont stay logged in all day Im not going to demonise people who are its upto them.
So far its the only way around 1017 players have nothing to do with how many servers there are thats the real problem not afkers.
#167 Aug 30 2013 at 8:39 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
I'll admit, last night trying to log in I was seeing a bit of RED in the back of my eyeballs. But then I got in after about 20 minutes.

I can see where most casual players would just give up far before that, and the frustration players are feeling cannot be overstated.

Today, logged in before I left for work. *sigh*

By next week this will just be a bad memory, right?
#168 Aug 30 2013 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Sigue wrote:
I am happy that you are such a deeply giving, caring, and moral person that you are willing to take the very real risk of spending most of your night trying to log on. I, on the other hand, am a self-entitled waste of humanity and will continue to log in in the morning so that when I get home from my 9-5 job I will be able to play the game I have paid for and hopin that giving to charity in real life will make up for what is by your account a villainous act on par with lighting kittens on fire and then using them to light puppies on fire.


I'm neither condoning nor supporting AFK behavior.

I would simply point out that short of Black Friday or a Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin reunion concert, it's generally considered tacky to hold your place in line for 8-18 hours. And like any such event, holding your place in line means nobody else gets that sweet deal. It's just adding lemon juice to paper cuts.


ISPs cycle all the time for a few minutes. Even AFK people eventually get booted.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#169 Aug 30 2013 at 8:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Gnu wrote:
I'll admit, last night trying to log in I was seeing a bit of RED in the back of my eyeballs. But then I got in after about 20 minutes.

I can see where most casual players would just give up far before that, and the frustration players are feeling cannot be overstated.

Today, logged in before I left for work. *sigh*

By next week this will just be a bad memory, right?


Let us all hope.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#170 Aug 30 2013 at 8:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Gnu wrote:
I'll admit, last night trying to log in I was seeing a bit of RED in the back of my eyeballs. But then I got in after about 20 minutes.

I can see where most casual players would just give up far before that, and the frustration players are feeling cannot be overstated.

Today, logged in before I left for work. *sigh*

By next week this will just be a bad memory, right?


Let us all hope.


Right on! New servers getting put in this weekend and hopefully by Monday it will be done.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#171 Aug 30 2013 at 9:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Hairspray wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
Gnu wrote:
I'll admit, last night trying to log in I was seeing a bit of RED in the back of my eyeballs. But then I got in after about 20 minutes.

I can see where most casual players would just give up far before that, and the frustration players are feeling cannot be overstated.

Today, logged in before I left for work. *sigh*

By next week this will just be a bad memory, right?


Let us all hope.


Right on! New servers getting put in this weekend and hopefully by Monday it will be done.


Do the Japanese have a labor day?
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#172 Aug 30 2013 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
Valkayree wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
Gnu wrote:
I'll admit, last night trying to log in I was seeing a bit of RED in the back of my eyeballs. But then I got in after about 20 minutes.

I can see where most casual players would just give up far before that, and the frustration players are feeling cannot be overstated.

Today, logged in before I left for work. *sigh*

By next week this will just be a bad memory, right?


Let us all hope.


Right on! New servers getting put in this weekend and hopefully by Monday it will be done.


Do the Japanese have a labor day?


If they do, it isn't our Labor day lol
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#173 Aug 30 2013 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,239 posts
Do we know if they are increasing the capacity of the current worlds, adding new ones, or both? I'd hate to see them go SWTOR on the problem and end up with a tonne of dead worlds in a month, but I admittedly don't really understand the logistics of it all.
#174 Aug 30 2013 at 10:07 AM Rating: Excellent
**
348 posts
Last night was the first night I had any real trouble (more than 5-10 minutes) logging in. It ended up taking about 45 minutes. The salt in the wounds was that my wife had no trouble getting on (she gets home about an hour before I do).

After about half an hour of watching her play, and wishing I could:

ME: "Hey, who's that Topaz Carbuncle guy who's been in your party this whole time? Tell him to log out so that I can get in!"
WIFE: NotSureIfSerious.jpg

:P
____________________________
FFXI Character: Strummer; Server: Odin; 99DNC, 99PUP, 99BRD; LS: Goonies
FFXIV Character: Strummer Sleipnir; Server: Malboro; Archer 24, Goldsmithing 20; FC: Goonies
#175 Aug 30 2013 at 10:21 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Sigue wrote:
Do we know if they are increasing the capacity of the current worlds, adding new ones, or both? I'd hate to see them go SWTOR on the problem and end up with a tonne of dead worlds in a month, but I admittedly don't really understand the logistics of it all.



Both. The new worlds will be primarily for new characters, but they'd rather go ahead and resolve the infrastructure problems on the existing worlds than force people to leave if they can.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#176 Aug 30 2013 at 10:21 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
745 posts
Strummer wrote:
Last night was the first night I had any real trouble (more than 5-10 minutes) logging in. It ended up taking about 45 minutes. The salt in the wounds was that my wife had no trouble getting on (she gets home about an hour before I do).

After about half an hour of watching her play, and wishing I could:

ME: "Hey, who's that Topaz Carbuncle guy who's been in your party this whole time? Tell him to log out so that I can get in!"
WIFE: NotSureIfSerious.jpg

:P


She should be logging you on when she logs on from here on out!
____________________________
FFXIV - Neo Geo (formerly Droxy Durango)
FFXI - Brit *Manly man on the Fairy server*
{Retired for good in 2010 after the server transfer and forced name change)

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 42 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (42)