Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Tips and TricksFollow

#1 Aug 28 2013 at 11:06 AM Rating: Good
25 posts
Hey guys just making a thread for tips and tricks you find along the way that may be able to help other people out as they make their journey through Eorzea. I have also created a Youtube channel for just this based around Final Fantasy XIV so check it out if you are stuck or looking for some entertainment! I cover mostly final boss fights from dungeons and trials, I am lvl 50 and as I encounter new content I get it up as soon as I can. Enjoy some that I have created already, whether you are stuck on them or curious to see what lies ahead!

Garuda (Hard Mode): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxNut1t-HM

Ifrit (Hard Mode): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khoQQTY05vQ

Behemoth FATE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnMfpQufoD8

Dragoon Macros and Rotation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9jHweABuiU

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/SafehouseGamingTS

Anyways what little tricks have you discovered along the way that has made things easier for you?

Edited, Sep 15th 2013 10:59pm by SafehouseGaming
____________________________
Safehouse Gaming up and running! HEAPS of FFXIV vids and fun stuff going on so check it out :D
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg
#2 Aug 28 2013 at 11:45 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,357 posts
Here was my Titan fight from last night, also bad quality.

#3 Aug 28 2013 at 12:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,825 posts
Quests requiring item turn in... in pop up on PC right click item space and it pulls from your inv. This is mostly useful for non-key items since it doesn't always open to the tap with that item.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#4 Aug 28 2013 at 2:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
Healers should learn that your most important upgrade is your weapon as the magic damage listed on the weapon is part of the cure calculations. It's a reason why someone may be struggling in Halati doing maybe 180 cures (because they stick with a level 15 weapon with 3 MND on it) versus someone doing 240-260 (because they're using the highest level one they can).

The difference between a level 15 and 20 is substantial even if neither have any MND on them whatsoever (which isn't really possible).

Edited, Aug 28th 2013 4:09pm by Viertel
#5 Aug 28 2013 at 5:40 PM Rating: Excellent
25 posts
An important thing I have found is making sure you get your UI how you like it from the beginning. Really make sure you resize/move stuff around til you are happy with it!
____________________________
Safehouse Gaming up and running! HEAPS of FFXIV vids and fun stuff going on so check it out :D
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg
#6 Aug 28 2013 at 6:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,825 posts
Inventory and Armory Chest Auto Sort is unintuitively under System Settings > Character Configuration. It doesn't seem to sort items gained prior to ticking the boxes and isn't ticked by default.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#7 Aug 28 2013 at 6:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
95 posts
On ps3 l1 + r3 turns on mouse mode. Amazing for resizing the map and chat windows if you don't have a mouse. The cursor moves slowly though.
#8 Aug 29 2013 at 11:14 AM Rating: Decent
25 posts
Just added a couple more vids for those interested in The Stone Vigil dungeon. Pretty well set up dungeon with a very heavy theme on dragons. Here are the vids!

Isgebind (final boss): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDJLl3pUIyI

Koshchei (mini boss): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrdHuSQTwgE
____________________________
Safehouse Gaming up and running! HEAPS of FFXIV vids and fun stuff going on so check it out :D
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg
#9 Aug 29 2013 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Viertel wrote:
Healers should learn that your most important upgrade is your weapon as the magic damage listed on the weapon is part of the cure calculations. It's a reason why someone may be struggling in Halati doing maybe 180 cures (because they stick with a level 15 weapon with 3 MND on it) versus someone doing 240-260 (because they're using the highest level one they can).

The difference between a level 15 and 20 is substantial even if neither have any MND on them whatsoever (which isn't really possible).


Interesting info. I'm planning to test this a bit. Thanks for the tip!
#10 Aug 29 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Gnu wrote:
Viertel wrote:
Healers should learn that your most important upgrade is your weapon as the magic damage listed on the weapon is part of the cure calculations. It's a reason why someone may be struggling in Halati doing maybe 180 cures (because they stick with a level 15 weapon with 3 MND on it) versus someone doing 240-260 (because they're using the highest level one they can).

The difference between a level 15 and 20 is substantial even if neither have any MND on them whatsoever (which isn't really possible).


Interesting info. I'm planning to test this a bit. Thanks for the tip!


Oh very nice... I'll have to share this with Crystal- she had some issues healing Halatali the other day... this might be the issue. She's level 22 using a level 15 "magic" weapon from one of the lower dungeons.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#11 Aug 29 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
*
97 posts
Omg someone please figure out how to zoom out on the controller... cause I keep being zoomed in after viewing npc's in first person. So basically, Im looking for a way to do "page down" on my controller. That said, Page up is zoom in, Page down is zoom out. ^^

Thanks in advance!
#12 Aug 29 2013 at 11:48 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,218 posts
MonarctheFirst wrote:
Omg someone please figure out how to zoom out on the controller... cause I keep being zoomed in after viewing npc's in first person. So basically, Im looking for a way to do "page down" on my controller. That said, Page up is zoom in, Page down is zoom out. ^^

Thanks in advance!

Hold Left shoulder button, move right analog stick up or down
#13 Aug 29 2013 at 12:13 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
I found out last night that Limit Break is shared between the entire group... So only one person gets to use it when the bar is full, then it re-fills again for the entire group.

You're supposed to strategize and decide who will use the limit break and when prior to entering the dungeon.

Who knew?
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#14 Aug 29 2013 at 12:52 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
Hairspray wrote:
I found out last night that Limit Break is shared between the entire group... So only one person gets to use it when the bar is full, then it re-fills again for the entire group.

You're supposed to strategize and decide who will use the limit break and when prior to entering the dungeon.

Who knew?


Yeah that becomes an issue when your party has no patience and refuses to talk about stuff prior. As a healer, I have never used it. I have seen THM and GLA and LNC use them though... pretty cool.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#15 Aug 29 2013 at 12:55 PM Rating: Good
35 posts
Found the level map on a site. quite useful

someone took it down, cant find anymore >.>


Edited, Aug 30th 2013 12:07am by KyrieFeanor
____________________________
[img]http://xivpads.com/i/sigs/25255/xivpads.png[/img]
#16 Aug 29 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
On the PS3

L1 + Select = UI off the screen
L1 + Start = Taking a Picture

For a few days I was just using L1 + Start and getting nasty pictures of the UI interface. I was giddy as a schoolgirl when I found out how to remove all the clutter
#17 Aug 29 2013 at 1:38 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
You can turn of the UI and still battle quite well.

You have memorized your basic attack rotation hotkeys, right?

Try turning off your UI and and entering 1st person mode for battle. Like Skyrim, but better.
#18 Aug 29 2013 at 2:11 PM Rating: Decent
*
120 posts
How do you customize macros when you play with controller? I can only drag actions and abilities given to me. Its difficult especially when youre a WHM in a PT lmao
#19 Aug 29 2013 at 3:03 PM Rating: Good
**
336 posts
When you have a HUD element selected with the controller, tapping L3 will resize it. Ctrl + Home also does this.
#20 Aug 29 2013 at 3:04 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Getting Custom Macros to your cross-bar is a frustrating challenge if you only have a controller. My only tip is that you need to use the "Y" button, sorry Triangle for PS3, and that will give the option to hotbar the User Macro.

But really, save yourself a ton of trouble and buy a $10 USB mouse for your PS3. You will be much better off for menus and inventory management.
#21 Aug 29 2013 at 3:06 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
VitaminD2112 wrote:
How do you customize macros when you play with controller? I can only drag actions and abilities given to me. Its difficult especially when youre a WHM in a PT lmao

What macros do you use for WHM?
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#22 Aug 29 2013 at 3:36 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Lamneth of the Seven Seas wrote:
Here was my Titan fight from last night, also bad quality.



Titan hits hard. You had your work cut out for you as healer. I personally would have booked it a lot farther from those aoe lines and circles. You never know what the server sees. I'm surprised you didnt get hit more often being so close (like the bard).

Edited, Aug 29th 2013 4:36pm by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#23 Aug 31 2013 at 4:31 AM Rating: Decent
25 posts
Just added a video on how to do Batraal. Tough boss in a really tough dungeon. Even the mini bosses you need to know how to do otherwise you will fail. Got videos on them coming soon though so stay tuned and watch the Batraal fight (lvl 44) if you are nearing it!

Batraal Fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWCbzdRxLrk
____________________________
Safehouse Gaming up and running! HEAPS of FFXIV vids and fun stuff going on so check it out :D
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg
#24 Aug 31 2013 at 6:58 PM Rating: Decent
25 posts
If you are thinking of doing the Dzemael Darkhold I would highly recommend you watch the videos(I have all 3 bosses covered) before you go in because that is one insanely rough dungeon. Also just finished the Garuda video which everyone should see before entering that Trial! It is becoming infamous for being one **** of a tough fight. You NEED a good party and the whole group to have a good knowledge on the fight. Anyways links below so check it out!

Garuda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRDlquTtUU4
____________________________
Safehouse Gaming up and running! HEAPS of FFXIV vids and fun stuff going on so check it out :D
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg
#25welly321, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 7:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I came in here hoping for tips and tricks on how to log in. Isnt that the only tips and tricks thread worth making?
#26 Sep 03 2013 at 10:11 AM Rating: Decent
25 posts
welly321 wrote:
I came in here hoping for tips and tricks on how to log in. Isnt that the only tips and tricks thread worth making?


Yeah I have been having a heap of trouble lately logging in as well and I'm on the JP servers. Hopefully they get it all worked out and running smoothly soon. Also just hit 50 and did the first 8 man dungeon! Vid below :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x5SbVjms84
____________________________
Safehouse Gaming up and running! HEAPS of FFXIV vids and fun stuff going on so check it out :D
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)