Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Well, we ran into Odin...Follow

#1 Aug 30 2013 at 9:35 PM Rating: Good
Got him down to 1%...he then proceeded to one shot everyone...Too many people, could barely see him, all that being said, it still ran incredibly smooth!

http://i.imgur.com/mVJWjkS.jpg
____________________________

#2 Aug 30 2013 at 9:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Hey at least you could take a ss of him, on Masamune I'm hitting invisible Odin and transparent Gungnir.
____________________________




#3 Aug 30 2013 at 9:49 PM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Was this on Excalibur just now? I was there! Waaaay too low a level to be, and I didn't get a good screenshot of him, but I did get one of the final blow that killed everyone (including me!)

http://i.imgur.com/OX3beek.jpg

I also got the back of some random Lala's head... I'm in front of her
#4 Aug 30 2013 at 9:51 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,497 posts
Uh Hyperion just had him show up north of bentbranch in central shroud. Did he spawn at the same time on every server?
#5 Aug 30 2013 at 9:55 PM Rating: Good
I think he showed up on all servers, Balmung here. And yes, that exact location.

Edited, Aug 30th 2013 11:56pm by Montsegurnephcreep
____________________________

#6 Aug 30 2013 at 10:02 PM Rating: Good
5 posts
That's actually pretty cool. It makes for a fun, shared experience. I wonder if any servers managed to win?

I only found him because I was so impressed by the weather effects in the surrounding areas, and so went exploring. Then I saw people shouting that Odin was around!
#7 Aug 30 2013 at 10:21 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
Heh, this is actually really neat. Nothing keeps you in your place like seeing a screen full of 99999s. Smiley: lol
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#8 Aug 31 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
180 posts
Awesome, I found him on ultros and we tried to fight him but no enough people showed up fast enough. I only came in the last few minutes and he barely got down to 50% before time ran out.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
Rhaya Mewrilah
Ultros
Karma Zameleons

#9 Aug 31 2013 at 10:28 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
11 posts
KhajiDa wrote:
That's actually pretty cool. It makes for a fun, shared experience. I wonder if any servers managed to win?

I only found him because I was so impressed by the weather effects in the surrounding areas, and so went exploring. Then I saw people shouting that Odin was around!


Was this when there was thunder and lightning? If it was I had a feeling that could be Odin spawning.
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros : Animz Zantetsuken
#10 Aug 31 2013 at 11:49 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
hypanimz wrote:
KhajiDa wrote:
That's actually pretty cool. It makes for a fun, shared experience. I wonder if any servers managed to win?

I only found him because I was so impressed by the weather effects in the surrounding areas, and so went exploring. Then I saw people shouting that Odin was around!


Was this when there was thunder and lightning? If it was I had a feeling that could be Odin spawning.


No thunder or lighting. It was all silver/blue and foggy with little sparklies rising up from the ground. At first, I thought it might be snow until I realized they were moving in the wrong direction, haha.

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Wj7k8Zh.jpg
#11 Aug 31 2013 at 11:50 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
307 posts
KhajiDa wrote:
hypanimz wrote:
KhajiDa wrote:
That's actually pretty cool. It makes for a fun, shared experience. I wonder if any servers managed to win?

I only found him because I was so impressed by the weather effects in the surrounding areas, and so went exploring. Then I saw people shouting that Odin was around!


Was this when there was thunder and lightning? If it was I had a feeling that could be Odin spawning.


No thunder or lighting. It was all silver/blue and foggy with little sparklies rising up from the ground. At first, I thought it might be snow until I realized they were moving in the wrong direction, haha.

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Wj7k8Zh.jpg


at least we know theres something like a sign XD
#12 Aug 31 2013 at 12:19 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
27 posts
You can turn down options so he loads. Turn down/off character animations and you dont run into the disappearing problem as much. He spawne d on my server but it was 12min left before we even engnaged him with a decent group, got him to 60% then the fate was up.
____________________________
Dufer Bloodmoon of Cactuar
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2391209/
#13 Aug 31 2013 at 3:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
180 posts
You are going to have to pay attention to shouts/yells since his fate doesn't show up on the minimap. Seeing as he can spawn almost anywhere doesn't help when trying to look for him.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
Rhaya Mewrilah
Ultros
Karma Zameleons

#14 Aug 31 2013 at 3:06 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
Saw him last night... he was laying waste to pretty much everyone. Being my lvl 28 self, I played clean up the dead with rezzing everyone laying on the mat.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#15 Aug 31 2013 at 3:09 PM Rating: Default
*
50 posts
You should turn off names unless you target it, it's so much better imersion and it helps with the clutter.
#16 Aug 31 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
135 posts
Montsegurnephcreep wrote:
Got him down to 1%...he then proceeded to one shot everyone...Too many people, could barely see him, all that being said, it still ran incredibly smooth!

http://i.imgur.com/mVJWjkS.jpg


Going off topic, but how did you get your action bar like that? :o it looks amazing
#17 Aug 31 2013 at 3:20 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
180 posts
Riathy wrote:
Montsegurnephcreep wrote:
Got him down to 1%...he then proceeded to one shot everyone...Too many people, could barely see him, all that being said, it still ran incredibly smooth!

http://i.imgur.com/mVJWjkS.jpg


Going off topic, but how did you get your action bar like that? :o it looks amazing


Thats the hotbar for gamepad users

Edited, Aug 31st 2013 5:21pm by crazy0taku
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
Rhaya Mewrilah
Ultros
Karma Zameleons

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 123 All times are in CDT
blowfin, Susanoh, Anonymous Guests (121)