Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Treasure HuntFollow

#1 Dec 17 2013 at 5:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,062 posts
This is one of the few things from the patch that interested me, so it was the first thing I did when I logged in today. I picked up a boarskin map from a level 50 mining node outside of Camp Bluefog and the help text told me to go to Wineport to do a short quest. The quest gives the abilities Decipher and Dig.

Anyway, I found my chest and opened it. When I did, I had to fight a level 50 Mantis, two level 50 Diremites, and two level 50 Wasps. The Mantis was the only one with much HP, so once it was down, the others dropped quick. My reward was quite a bit more than I expected. I picked up 9 Myth tomes, an Aetherial Raptorskin Voyager's belt, an Eagle Feather, 4 mega-potions of Strength, 90 fire shards, 2 pieces of Rosewood Lumber, 2 bottles of Spoken blood, and 5,076 gil. That's a pretty nice haul for a single player reward. I've got to get in on one of these four person maps next.
#2 Dec 17 2013 at 5:55 PM Rating: Good
***
3,173 posts
Grats! Sounds like gathering just became profitable and fun.
#3 Dec 17 2013 at 7:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Turin wrote:
This is one of the few things from the patch that interested me, so it was the first thing I did when I logged in today. I picked up a boarskin map from a level 50 mining node outside of Camp Bluefog and the help text told me to go to Wineport to do a short quest. The quest gives the abilities Decipher and Dig.

Anyway, I found my chest and opened it. When I did, I had to fight a level 50 Mantis, two level 50 Diremites, and two level 50 Wasps. The Mantis was the only one with much HP, so once it was down, the others dropped quick. My reward was quite a bit more than I expected. I picked up 9 Myth tomes, an Aetherial Raptorskin Voyager's belt, an Eagle Feather, 4 mega-potions of Strength, 90 fire shards, 2 pieces of Rosewood Lumber, 2 bottles of Spoken blood, and 5,076 gil. That's a pretty nice haul for a single player reward. I've got to get in on one of these four person maps next.


Holy balls, the loot from the 8 man maps must be pretty epic.
#4 Dec 18 2013 at 8:05 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Just wanted to add my very brief experience with this. I ran out of apple juice finally and so I decided to start gathering up the mulled tea ingredients. Thanalan tea leaves are the level 50 veg nodes right outside the south gate of Forgotten Springs. The very first node I looked at had a Toadskin map on it. It was not "hidden". I grabbed it, but haven't done the quest to read it yet.

I think some others were saying they got the map on the first attempt too. Can anyone else back that up?

Thanks :)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#5 Dec 18 2013 at 8:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,354 posts
I did a Boarskin run, got some good drops, 220 crystal shards, 9 myths and 5k in gil.

Also did a Peisteskin (8-man) run, and got 5 myths, 1k gil and all the items ended up being randomly distributed and i got nothing.

Not sure what your experiences have been, but i'm going to do the solo runs before i do any more Peisteskin runs.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#6 Dec 18 2013 at 8:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
254 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
I did a Boarskin run, got some good drops, 220 crystal shards, 9 myths and 5k in gil.

Also did a Peisteskin (8-man) run, and got 5 myths, 1k gil and all the items ended up being randomly distributed and i got nothing.

Not sure what your experiences have been, but i'm going to do the solo runs before i do any more Peisteskin runs.

Where did you find your peisteskin? I did a lot of gathering yesterday but was unable to get any of those to pop on level 50 spots.
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#7 Dec 18 2013 at 10:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,354 posts
Skaditoo wrote:
KojiroSoma wrote:
I did a Boarskin run, got some good drops, 220 crystal shards, 9 myths and 5k in gil.

Also did a Peisteskin (8-man) run, and got 5 myths, 1k gil and all the items ended up being randomly distributed and i got nothing.

Not sure what your experiences have been, but i'm going to do the solo runs before i do any more Peisteskin runs.

Where did you find your peisteskin? I did a lot of gathering yesterday but was unable to get any of those to pop on level 50 spots.

Pretty easy, just ignore Boar and Toadskins, and keep hammering till the slot loads a Peisteskin. They all rotate eventually. Mine was from Moraby Drydock's Lv.50 Quarrying nodes, but i've also seen them in the Bluefog area on the nodes there. Seems like basicly if it's a Lv.40, Lv.45 or Lv.50 Node, it can load any of the maps at random.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#8 Dec 18 2013 at 11:36 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
339 posts
Fount a Peiste skin while mining for wind crystal on level 50 rocky outcrop just north of Hawtorne Hut.

Did the quest with a few friend. The fight was easy with a ilevel 70 group of 8. I suspect a level 40-45 full party or a group of 4 with DL gear can do them.

Everyone in the group got around 2500 gil. also got a few reward that was distributel automatically:
3 HQ darksteel Ore
3 HQ Spruce Lumber
250 Ice Shard
couple of spoken blood (iirc)
and 2 that where in the loot table were people could loot:
aetherite bracelet level 45
Chinchilla skin

We had 3 peiste map within the group, did all 3 of them, had similar reward
____________________________
Pryssant Novio - Ultros Server.
<Chocobo> <cooking>? <Yes, please>!
HOOYA!!!!
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=97
#9 Dec 19 2013 at 6:13 AM Rating: Good
**
589 posts
Can anyone answer this? If you find a Toadskin map (for example), but don't mine it because I want a higher level map , does the 18 hour lock apply? Is it a case of this or nothing?
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#10 Dec 19 2013 at 7:08 AM Rating: Excellent
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Can anyone answer this? If you find a Toadskin map (for example), but don't mine it because I want a higher level map , does the 18 hour lock apply? Is it a case of this or nothing?


I am not fully understanding the question but I can confirm that if you are mining and you see a boarskin map, you can mine something else on that spot, like the shards. At random afterwards you'll get another map. Sometimes the same, sometimes different. The 18 hours only applies once you mine up the map.

I can also confirm you can do a Peisteskin with a lvl 50 4 man lite party. We almost did it with 3 people but ran out of time.
#11 Dec 19 2013 at 7:10 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Does the 18 hours start when you obtain the map, or when you use it? I got one early yesterday morning, but didn't open it until the afternoon. I tried getting a new map this morning but after 15 minutes of gathering, didn't see one. Maybe I was unlucky?
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#12 Dec 19 2013 at 8:29 AM Rating: Good
pretty sure the timer starts when you mine it.... not when you start hunting.

I've also mined up a map in the morning but opened it up and hunted away after my work day. Was able to mine another map from my estimated 18 from the time I mined the last one.
#13 Dec 19 2013 at 9:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
254 posts
I finally got a peisteskin map, took me about 50 attempts, but I got one. Everyone else in my group got one in their first 3 tries. Also, pesiteskin maps can probably be solo'd by an ilevel 75+ smn, as they seem pretty easy with good gear. I am going to try soloing one tonight.
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#14 Dec 19 2013 at 10:21 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,354 posts
Quick addition, but if you yourself mine up a map, and then bring 7 other people to do the fight, we've noticed that afterwards when we tried to get more maps, no one could find them anymore. Not just myself which was expected, it seems like everyone who participated got hit with the 18 hour cooldown.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#15 Dec 19 2013 at 11:08 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,308 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
Quick addition, but if you yourself mine up a map, and then bring 7 other people to do the fight, we've noticed that afterwards when we tried to get more maps, no one could find them anymore. Not just myself which was expected, it seems like everyone who participated got hit with the 18 hour cooldown.


The question then is, if you already mined up a map and then go to participate in the fight with someone else, will it let you?

If so, the prudent thing to do is make sure you've gotten your daily map before helping anyone else. Still, that's annoying.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#16 Dec 19 2013 at 11:16 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
254 posts
I was mining before we did the fights, kept getting boarskin and toadskin, decided to do 2 of the fights and then I would try again. I was able to get a peisteskin after that, so the 18 hour counter is independent of the fights. I am betting it is only contingent on you mining the map, as of that instant that the map goes into your possession, the 18 hour counter starts.
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#17 Dec 19 2013 at 3:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
598 posts
So even if it was your map somebody else might get your awesome loot for free? :(
#18 Dec 19 2013 at 5:55 PM Rating: Good
Adzieboy wrote:
So even if it was your map somebody else might get your awesome loot for free? :(

I've only done two party treasure hunts but from what I've seen, each person gets some stuff. Example would be that everyone got 5 tomes, 200 shards, HQ leather, and 3000 gil.

Along with this there are two items that can be lotted just like in a dungeon. Both times it seem to be almost 50 aetherial gear, and one new item for crafting like clouded glass sphere (or something like that)
#19 Dec 20 2013 at 2:11 AM Rating: Excellent
**
589 posts
I've been turning the Aetherial gear from Treasure Hunt and Dungeon Roulette using Expert Provision missions for the GC Quartermaster. Still sucks that these don't count towards your overall turn ins for the good Gathering Grand Company gear such as http://xivdb.com/?item/4518/Tipping-Scales-Ring

Edited, Dec 20th 2013 3:12am by SolomonGrundy
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 134 All times are in CDT