Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

I really don't ask for much here...Follow

#1 Jan 20 2014 at 9:56 PM Rating: Default
And I whiteknight the **** out of this game 99% of the time. But seriously, I pay a monthly fee, the least that SE could do is get their servers working. Every Monday night without fail this sh*t crashes.

That's all I have. Get your sh*t together please SE. It's been like 6 months. This isn't 2001.

Edit: no for those who want to be contrarian I'm not talking about the scheduled maintainence, I'm talking about 90k/10105 or whatever errors due to congestion that occur every Monday night.

Edited, Jan 20th 2014 10:30pm by Onionthiefx
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#2 Jan 20 2014 at 10:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,267 posts
LOL CT crashed on me twice tonight and knocked everyone out of the game in ct... then 14,000 que to get back on.. Wow that's allot of people running ct just from one server....
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#3 Jan 20 2014 at 10:17 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
36 posts
Scheduled maintenance tonight. Just saying.
____________________________

#4 Jan 20 2014 at 10:23 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,543 posts
Quote:
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds for the 2.15 Patch release. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

Additionally, at the Mog Station during this period, character information for those on the North American/European data center Worlds may be temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.


Also, as mentioned in the link below, we will start the reimbursement of company credit for all Free Companies that are rank 5 and over along with the start of this maintenance.

http://sqex.to/ksM

* The World transfer service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
Jan. 20, 2014 from 8:00 p.m. to Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:00 a.m. (PST)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

*Edit: Jan. 17, 2014 4:25 a.m. (PST)
Added section regarding maintenance’s impact on Mog Station.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#5 Jan 20 2014 at 10:24 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,543 posts
So, this wasn't the servers crashing. This was the little purple message they've had on the screen when you log in for the last week or two. Smiley: frown
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#6 Jan 20 2014 at 10:27 PM Rating: Default
Catwho wrote:
So, this wasn't the servers crashing. This was the little purple message they've had on the screen when you log in for the last week or two. Smiley: frown


No I'm talking more than an hour before the maintenance began. Which is exactly what Nashred said. But if it makes you happy keep linking the maintenance messages like I don't know how to read.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#7 Jan 20 2014 at 10:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,598 posts
Multiple groups running Coil lost their loot to 90k tonight an entire hour or more before maintenance. My group got hit also, though thankfully we didn't 90k (multiple times) until after our drops were distributed. It isn't a first, either. Maintenance actually makes issues like this worse, as people rush to complete their runs before servers go down, and pack even more groups into a smaller window of time when they may not schedule then ordinarily. Count yourself lucky if you haven't seen it.
____________________________
Kin Jehn : Behemoth
#8 Jan 20 2014 at 11:15 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
340 posts
I was running coil 1 hour before maintenance. Nobody in my group was having any issue.
____________________________
Pryssant Novio - Ultros Server.
<Chocobo> <cooking>? <Yes, please>!
HOOYA!!!!
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=97
#9 Jan 20 2014 at 11:20 PM Rating: Decent
Pryssant wrote:
I was running coil 1 hour before maintenance. Nobody in my group was having any issue.


Maybe it depends on the server cluster or whatever. I'm on Excalibur using the Canadian data center and without fail it's happened the last 3 Mondays in a row. We lost our coil drops this week on account of it.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#10 Jan 20 2014 at 11:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Yeah I got booted from three attempts to get my DR High Level done before the server went down. Not like I got dc'd and back into the dungeon but completely knocked out and back to where I was before I entered.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#11 Jan 21 2014 at 12:01 AM Rating: Excellent
*
181 posts
The servers always get unstable around maintenance time, especially long maintenance. So many groups running Labyrinth of the Ancients in party finder and Coil. Tons of d/c happens as well, across dungeons and primal fights alike.

And a bit of extra lag. I got hit by a plume in Titan HM during phase 3, and I never get plumed anymore. It was simply a true, genuine, honest to goodness lag moment. I was standing outside of that plume for so long. Staring at it, mesmerized by the translucent puddle of plume. Watching the casting bar complete its charge. It felt like hours, even weeks. Maybe I should wash some dishes whilst this weight of the land blossoms into the death flower that was destined to miss me entirely. To die out having never achieved its sole purpose to exist. Its raison d'être consequently raison d'enied.

Then BAM. Plumed.
____________________________
Wiggums: "Lou! Lou are you alright!?"
Lou: The electric yellow has got me by the brain banana.
Hunter Gathers (Goblin)
#12 Jan 21 2014 at 12:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,653 posts
Instance *********** has been a major issue for months now. And they've ignored it for months now. Missing the quiet periods on Tonberry for coil means you're stuck outside spamming the entrance for as long as you can bear it.

Along with the widespread latency issues that have cropped up since 2.1, their responses to connectivity and capacity issues have been poor, at best.
____________________________
I tell you, we are here on Earth to **** around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.
#13 Jan 21 2014 at 2:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
84 posts
They should change the myth tome and CT item reset from being at the same time , to different parts of the week, would help alleviate server stress as everyone wants to run everything on a Monday.
#14 Jan 21 2014 at 6:50 AM Rating: Good
***
1,267 posts
Or just make them a 7 day lock out, you got ct loot on tuesday? great you gotta wait till next tuesday.

You got your first ToM on wed, great you can get 450 up till next wed.

Etc
#15 Jan 21 2014 at 7:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,543 posts
SE always gave us a caveat in FFXI NOT to start any big runs in the few hours before maintenance, because they're doing prep work before the servers get unplugged and stuff can always go wrong. (Specifically, they always warned people not to enter Dynamis or Limbus, because you'd lose your chance for the week if maintenance started in the middle of the run.)

I think a rolling 6.5 day lockout would work better. That way, people could schedule the run on a specific day, but not necessarily on Monday.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#16 Jan 21 2014 at 9:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,267 posts
GalkaWen wrote:
Scheduled maintenance tonight. Just saying.



I was off by maintenance and know of it..... The ct servers crashed at least 3 times last night that I know of and booted everyone off....

actually some were saying on my last run they think someone found another bug that can crash the servers... Not sure I believe it might just be overloaded on Mondays after the reset..


Vitriolic wrote:
They should change the myth tome and CT item reset from being at the same time , to different parts of the week, would help alleviate server stress as everyone wants to run everything on a Monday.


Good idea... Maybe change the day everything resets like, tomes Monday, Ct Tuesday, coil Wednesday etc,,

Edited, Jan 21st 2014 10:27am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#17 Jan 21 2014 at 9:27 AM Rating: Decent
******
44,522 posts
The One and Only Onionthiefx wrote:
no for those who want to be contrarian I'm not talking about the scheduled maintainence,
Word-of-the-Day Calendar? That's not a contrarian.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#18 Jan 21 2014 at 10:57 AM Rating: Good
****
5,649 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
Or just make them a 7 day lock out, you got ct loot on tuesday? great you gotta wait till next tuesday.

So you go from being able to get a CT drop once every 7 days to something that's more like once every 8 to 14 days. Get a drop really late on Tuesday night? Since you have to wait until late Tuesday night the next week, that's probably going to mean 8 days between drops, and that's if you get your next drop on the first night when you become eligible. Get really unlucky and a drop you need doesn't show up, or you keep getting outlotted? It could stretch out to 14 days between drops.

That's seem like a pretty punitive solution to try and work around technical issues. The solution could very well be worse than the original problem. Even with Monday night crashes, you can still get one CT drop every 7 days under current conditions.

Edited, Jan 21st 2014 11:58am by svlyons

Edited, Jan 21st 2014 11:58am by svlyons
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#19 Jan 21 2014 at 11:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
svlyons wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:
Or just make them a 7 day lock out, you got ct loot on tuesday? great you gotta wait till next tuesday.

So you go from being able to get a CT drop once every 7 days to something that's more like once every 8 to 14 days. Get a drop really late on Tuesday night? Since you have to wait until late Tuesday night the next week, that's probably going to mean 8 days between drops, and that's if you get your next drop on the first night when you become eligible. Get really unlucky and a drop you need doesn't show up, or you keep getting outlotted? It could stretch out to 14 days between drops.

That's seem like a pretty punitive solution to try and work around technical issues. The solution could very well be worse than the original problem. Even with Monday night crashes, you can still get one CT drop every 7 days under current conditions.

Edited, Jan 21st 2014 11:58am by svlyons

Edited, Jan 21st 2014 11:58am by svlyons


I think that's why Catwho suggested 6.5 days.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#20 Jan 21 2014 at 11:13 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
254 posts
Yeah, the instance servers crashed last night a couple times about an hour before maintenance, im just glad our group didn't win just before it happened, we were about 1/2 way through turn 4
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#21 Jan 21 2014 at 11:42 AM Rating: Excellent
****
5,649 posts
Wint wrote:
svlyons wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:
Or just make them a 7 day lock out, you got ct loot on tuesday? great you gotta wait till next tuesday.

So you go from being able to get a CT drop once every 7 days to something that's more like once every 8 to 14 days. Get a drop really late on Tuesday night? Since you have to wait until late Tuesday night the next week, that's probably going to mean 8 days between drops, and that's if you get your next drop on the first night when you become eligible. Get really unlucky and a drop you need doesn't show up, or you keep getting outlotted? It could stretch out to 14 days between drops.

That's seem like a pretty punitive solution to try and work around technical issues. The solution could very well be worse than the original problem. Even with Monday night crashes, you can still get one CT drop every 7 days under current conditions.


I think that's why Catwho suggested 6.5 days.

And it would still have the same issues, the range is now simply 7 to 14 days, which still very likely means you won't get a CT drop once every 7 days on any consistent basis.

I'm not a big fan of the Limbus style lock out from XI (the 72 hour lockout). If you wanted to run Limbus twice a week, there was only a small amount of flexibility on when you could do and still fit in both runs. You could plan the 2nd run exactly 3 nights after the first. And if for some reason you can't make it happen that night, you could do it the next night. But if you missed the 2nd night, you wind up losing a run if you want to get back on schedule.

In essence, that style of lock out forces you to play according to the game's schedule. The current reset schedule for CT, Coil and Myths at least gives players the flexibility to stretch when they want to do an activity over the course of a whole week, and players aren't punished if they choose to do something later in the week rather than getting it all done up front.

I want fewer game mechanics that force me to play according to the game's schedule, not more.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#22 Jan 21 2014 at 12:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,543 posts
My Dynamis shell did our runs on Tuesday 8PM EST and then Saturday 4PM EST (realistically closer to 5PM) to avoid getting caught in what you're describing.

The problem is that right now every **** FC in the entire game has decided that Monday night is raid night, and the servers just can't handle that kind of hammering.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 118 All times are in CST