Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

"Human or not" a letter to Yoshi-P & SEFollow

#1 Oct 26 2016 at 10:56 PM Rating: Default
2 posts
First ,let me introduce myself: I didn't played FFXI before,
I was a WOW/FF1.0/1.2x player & I played FFV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII

Yoshi-P, I remember you said: "We developers are human too, please don't blah blah blah....."
I didn't know why some XI players were so angry & harsh to you,
now I know why.... <url removed>
Do you know why? And why so many talented developers had left SE these years?
because YOU & SE, are garbage now, Why I say this? here's why:

1.Because all you're thinking of is money(McDonald's contents), money(cash shop), money (cash shop) & money(ban the critics, treat the players like idiots).

2.Because you suck, you have no clue how to design a good mmo,
Yoshida, do you remember you said: when you just took the director job of XIV,
your friend told you:"What are you thinking Yoshi? You should't do that!"
because you suck, & he knew that, he knew you can't handle this.
Why don't you just keep making Bomberman? I like bomberman, that's what you are good at.

3.How dare you banned so many FFXI fans on the forum? even Tanaka didn't do that.
I say this for myself & for some FFXI fans: YOU MORON ******* MOTHER ******* **** STAIN. **** YOU YOSHIDA

4.Because XI was too good, that makes XIV2.0/3.0 looks like a ****. (I didn't realize this until I tried XI)

5.Yoshi I know why you do this, The truth is if you put more & more XI elements into XIV,
that means you indirectly admit that you are inferior to Tanaka. you don't want this happen,
you don't really care the game or the future of FF & SE, all you care is your job your salary.
you make the world a little worse, not make it better, you are just a villain.....

Final Fantasy MMO is dead, it's just a cheap Korean/Chinese cashshop MMO now, You killed it.
(yea I know XIV is bringing SE money, McDonald's & CocaCola sell a lot too)
Tanaka is THOUSAND times better than you, Yoshi-P I am just tired of your stupidity & this Barbie park crap

"If you want to play XI, go play XI". Yes I am already doing this,no, I won't pay one cent to SE now,
and Abyssea seems bad. SE was a GREAT company, now the company is just a bunch of retards just like Yoshida,
just like Apple in 90's, without Jobs, Apple is nothing, I am done with SE.

I am playing in a free, pre Abyssea server called "Nasomi", my char is LV8 now, I am having a lot of fun there,
adventures are REAL & SERIOUS, After I tried XI and look back at XIV, XIV is just a Barbie house game.

To others: If you are interested, if you love adventures, want to play a REAL FF mmo,
want to experience some adventures like "Sword art online" or "Log horizon",
if you want to experience some epic stuff with your friends,
give it a try, you will love it to death & realize how suck XIV is now.

To FFXIV forum mods: you guys are even not worth mentioning... You are just some poor worker,
just take your little salary & do what you need to do.
To reporters: have fun playing your baby game...


<url removed> A FFXI video for you all, I didn't play XI but I cried when I watch it, you can read the comments below,
they are something you will never experience in XIV2.0/3.0 ,in a Barbie park game
#2 Oct 27 2016 at 12:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
You got banned from the OF, didn't you?
#3 Oct 27 2016 at 12:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
< snip >

Edited, Oct 27th 2016 2:23am by Hyrist
#4 Oct 27 2016 at 12:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Trippe Post! Stay Classy, Zam!

Edited, Oct 27th 2016 2:24am by Hyrist
#5 Oct 27 2016 at 7:17 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,565 posts
Quote:
You got banned from the OF, didn't you?

shandrive wrote:
money(ban the critics, treat the players like idiots)


I'm going with yes.

shandrive wrote:
3.How dare you banned so many FFXI fans on the forum? even Tanaka didn't do that.


There were no forums when Tanaka was in charge of FFXI. However I'm reasonably sure his team wouldn't have been open to this sort of attack any more than Yoshi P's team is.

shandrive wrote:
<Verbal diarrhea>


There are plenty of legitimate criticisms to make about FFXIV without resorting to petty namecalling and personal attacks on people who can't defend themselves and, quite frankly, don't need to defend themselves from you. This kind of thing makes you look like a petulant child.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#6 Oct 27 2016 at 8:24 AM Rating: Good
******
49,053 posts
shandrive wrote:
want to experience some adventures like "Sword art online"
To be held hostage and either killed or digitally raped? Smiley: dubious
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#7 Oct 27 2016 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
Lol what is this? >.<
#8 Oct 27 2016 at 12:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,079 posts
#9 Oct 27 2016 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
***
3,565 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
shandrive wrote:
want to experience some adventures like "Sword art online"
To be held hostage and either killed or digitally raped? Smiley: dubious


Hey, don't judge!
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#10 Oct 30 2016 at 2:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
I thought this was a bot complaint thread. Smiley: lol
____________________________




[ffxivsig]459049[/ffxivsig]
#11 Oct 30 2016 at 10:47 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,169 posts
shandrive wrote:
4.Because XI was too good, that makes XIV2.0/3.0 looks like a ****. (I didn't realize this until I tried XI)


SE took a huge step backwards before even bringing XIV to it's current state. I'd likely grant a pass if it were a sacrifice of mechanics and polish for a solid story, but it's questionable at best whether or not SE actually came through with what should have been the 'gimmie'.

There is a lot that I disagree with, but I see the frustration with how things turned out. Even some of the very people here mocking the OP know that they wanted more than a mediocre FF-themed WoW clone. At the very least we could have been served a mediocre FF-themed WoW clone with a good story.

____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#12 Oct 31 2016 at 4:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Filty, are you trying to turn a troll post into an actual discussion thread? Smiley: lol

Could you... you know, make your own thread for that?
#13 Nov 01 2016 at 3:48 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,169 posts
I've been around for long enough to know that these forums have a tendency to shift subjects anyway. I could link several topics that started out completely troll and actually shifted into valuable exchange.

****, many of the posts made on the XIV alpha forums that were giving pointed feedback were deemed 'troll' and instantly derailed into discussion about baked goods. We see how that turned out...
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#14 Nov 01 2016 at 10:23 AM Rating: Good
******
49,053 posts
Any good recipes?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#15 Nov 04 2016 at 10:10 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,973 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
shandrive wrote:
4.Because XI was too good, that makes XIV2.0/3.0 looks like a ****. (I didn't realize this until I tried XI)


SE took a huge step backwards before even bringing XIV to it's current state. I'd likely grant a pass if it were a sacrifice of mechanics and polish for a solid story, but it's questionable at best whether or not SE actually came through with what should have been the 'gimmie'.

There is a lot that I disagree with, but I see the frustration with how things turned out. Even some of the very people here mocking the OP know that they wanted more than a mediocre FF-themed WoW clone. At the very least we could have been served a mediocre FF-themed WoW clone with a good story.



ummm FFXIV 2.0 Story got good at the END, and starting with HW it stayed good from then on out.... Just like Marvels Agents of shield, it sucked until the last few episodes of season 1, and so far its been able to stay as good as the end of Season 1 throughout season 2 ANd 3.
#16 Nov 04 2016 at 3:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,721 posts
He has some points though....
The story is good,
Crafting and gathering is interesting but they are trashing that too by using the same stupid gear upgrade path combat uses.
The graphics are good.
Combat is horrible with stupid rotations that require no skill, reminds me of a hack and slash.
Dodging is all combat is about.
There is no challenge to combat at all unless you are a healer or tank.
Lag affects the game horribly for way to many.
World is useless for combat and is only good for gathering.
I think he is right SE thinks it players are lazy and stupid with no skill. They do not give the player any credit that they can handle any depth.
They think all anyone cares about is playing barbie dolls.
The cash shop has not ruined the game but took a lot of fun out of it.

I thought I might miss the game by now after playing as long as we did but Tesee and I have not thought about it at all.

After taking off a few months you start too see what FFXiv really is..
They trashed FFXI now and it feels old but still a better game than FFXIV.

How do you log onto the free FFXI servers that are pre abyssea?
Are they populated?

Edited, Nov 4th 2016 5:35pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#17 Nov 04 2016 at 5:30 PM Rating: Good
***
3,565 posts
Nashred wrote:
How do I do something illegal?


Smiley: dubious

Edited, Nov 4th 2016 6:32pm by Callinon
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#18 Nov 04 2016 at 11:12 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,973 posts
Callinon wrote:
Nashred wrote:
How do I do something illegal?


Smiley: dubious

Edited, Nov 4th 2016 6:32pm by Callinon


Private servers are ILLEGAL now? News to me..


against the ToS and or frowned upon plus Se wouldnt like it =/= illegal

Next you're gonna call buying and selling gil illegal too right?
#19 Nov 05 2016 at 2:24 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,169 posts
Have you never watched a movie or sporting event on TV before? If so, you've probably hear that disclaimer saying something like "any rebroadcast or re-transmission without the express written consent of..."

Depending on the media type you will see things like trademarks, copyrights, ect. There are laws that govern your rights to use someone else work. Hosting private servers isn't something you're allowed to do without the owner's permission.

I personally wouldn't kick your door in for playing on a private server, but you can still play XI as if it were pre-abyssea anyway. Quite easily in fact. There are several groups on a few different servers already doing that. The game hasn't really changed enough that you can't have a near classic server if you are willing to restrict yourself from a few of the newer QoL changes.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#20 Nov 05 2016 at 5:58 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,079 posts
The private servers are poorly populated anyhow
#21 Nov 05 2016 at 8:31 AM Rating: Good
***
3,565 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

Private servers are ILLEGAL now? News to me..


against the ToS and or frowned upon plus Se wouldnt like it =/= illegal

Next you're gonna call buying and selling gil illegal too right?


Basically what Filth said.

You aren't allowed to steal someone else's work (in this case game code) and just present it again for people the way you want it to be. Copyright law has a lot of problems, but the core principle is sound. And in this case it's very clear.

Now, are you likely to go to jail because you played on a private FFXI server? No. That's extremely unlikely. Does that make it not illegal? Also no.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#22 Nov 05 2016 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
The Server Owners will eventually get smacked with a Cease and Desist court order. Then, possibly sued for copyright violations depending if they determine they have a case in court for denying them income that could have come from potential lost subscriptions to the original.

Happened to WoW private servers, though I think Blizzard dropped the lawsuit.
#23 Nov 05 2016 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
The Server Owners will eventually get smacked with a Cease and Desist court order. Then, possibly sued for copyright violations depending if they determine they have a case in court for denying them income that could have come from potential lost subscriptions to the original.

Happened to WoW private servers, though I think Blizzard dropped the lawsuit.
#24 Nov 05 2016 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,767 posts
As I'm working on both XI and XIV private servers, I can say this much:

XI private servers are actually in a grey area for this very specific reason:

Playonline.

Now, "stealing" is subjective when it comes to server emulation (which is what XI and XIV are doing) as it's technically not different than loading up Atomos on XI and XIV - XI has a public test server but due to the nature of it no one really bothered. (People assumed you'd get sneak peeks and bonuses for playing on a test server...)

The reason I say it's subjective is because, XI and XIV in particular gives you everything you need, you're not taking any code, you're simply diverting where you connect (XI) and have to actually use your OWN code and as long as you don't bypass POL or completely negate it being necessary, XI's private servers are "ok." The only thing supplied by XI and XIV are the base client, everything else is technically your code. So while it falls under "reverse-engineering" by definition, in practice you're actually still abiding by the rules simply because POL is that double edged.

However, Private servers are still "against ToS" that you can't openly talk about it on SE forums for example, just like you can't on Blizzards or trion etc forums, but they know of their existence and aren't hunting it down, which is why when Blizzard hunted down one of the biggest, they got backlash for protecting their IP, because technically, they were doing nothing wrong (server owners) as they weren't even using an updated client and weren't profiting off of it beyond optional donations iirc.

Basically with XI:

Bypass POL = Nono
Keep POL = Grey Area.

A lot of current XI servers have their own launcher now that's worth their merit, but they aren't necessary "illegal", it's just something, much like using Windower, you can't really talk about as it's 3rd party because in the grand scheme of things, Windower is far more "illegal" than a server emulator considering all Windower allows you to do.


XIV on the other hand, has no safety net like XI does, so it's hard to find a grey area that could justify a XIV private server - However, 1.0/1.2x private servers are in a grey area as SE no longer supports that client nor have any servers running it. However "FFXIV" is still copyright, so again not something you can just talk about or post on their forums.

So the legality is pretty hazy because some games have a special nature, XI and XIV in particular as any private server you see that actually can be played like normal is 99% original code, you're simply "piggybacking" 1% of the actual XI code. So I think illegal is the wrong word..more like..debatable?


____________________________

#25 Nov 05 2016 at 12:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,565 posts
The existence or non-existence of a launcher does not convey special protections for violating copyright. Even if you're using your own code to emulate the server architecture and client response necessary to make FFXI work, you're still violating copyright because you had to reverse engineer the client and server software to do that.

Btw, WoW has a launcher. Private WoW servers are copyright violations and are shut down when those server operators are taken to court. It's illegal. Full stop.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#26 Nov 05 2016 at 6:34 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,169 posts
Pancakes dunk on waffles. Yup Smiley: waycool
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#27 Nov 05 2016 at 8:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
20 posts
Private servers have existed since forever, why get riled over them now?

If SE is bothered by them, they'll do something like Blizzard did against Nostalrius. What's the point of players discussing the "legality" of fan works?
#28 Nov 05 2016 at 8:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,079 posts
Holhorse wrote:
What's the point of players discussing the "legality" of fan works?


There is no point.

Nostalrius got shutdown because it had gotten too popular and Blizzard probably has their own classic server plan in the works. Otherwise private servers hurt no one.

Edited, Nov 5th 2016 10:31pm by BrokenFox
#29 Nov 05 2016 at 8:56 PM Rating: Good
***
3,565 posts
Quote:
Private servers have existed since forever, why get riled over them now?

If SE is bothered by them, they'll do something like Blizzard did against Nostalrius. What's the point of players discussing the "legality" of fan works?


By that logic, what's the point of discussing anything?

Quote:
Otherwise private servers hurt no one.


That's arguable. You can certainly argue that people playing on a private server wouldn't be subscribing to the normal service anyway so there's no actual lost money, but you'd never be able to prove that 100% of private server players fall into that category. Even if you could it wouldn't matter because the copyright violation is pretty in-your-face in this case. Even "victimless" crimes are still crimes.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#30 Nov 05 2016 at 9:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,079 posts
You're sounding like the kid that reminds the teacher they forgot to hand out homework
#31 Nov 05 2016 at 9:17 PM Rating: Good
***
3,565 posts
I've been a game developer and designer. I'm sorry that respect for people's hard work is so uncool and inconvenient.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#32 Nov 05 2016 at 9:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,079 posts
Callinon wrote:
I've been a game developer and designer. I'm sorry that respect for people's hard work is so uncool and inconvenient.


How is it disrespect and how is it hurting anyone? Most private servers are versions of the game that no longer exist. Vanilla WoW, old school FFXI, SWG, etc

No one's playing a private server version of Legion.

Edited, Nov 5th 2016 11:32pm by BrokenFox
#33 Nov 06 2016 at 12:25 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,125 posts
You can bet people would if they could, though. When it comes to any private server scene, what usually keeps things "behind" is the ability to either reverse engineer or recreate systems. Or in some cases, hosts being set in their ways and not wanting the game to evolve past their prescribed period of greatness.

As some have pointed out, however, there's no grey area. It is theft of intellectual property regardless of whether or not a portion of code is present. Maybe not the end of the world relative to other possible crimes, but it does convey a certain degree of disrespect to those who did work on the project in particular. Realistically, those coders/artists/musicians aren't getting kickbacks nowadays relative to subs/sales unless they're still actually working on the game today, but the potential lack of revenue could affect future works, be it actual creation or overall implementation.

It's kind of sad how desperate we are to consume art, but are so quick to treat creators terribly and further justify those indiscretions as long as it convenient for the consumer. At the very least, I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt in that they'll pay for things they appreciate. That's kinda the root of F2P models other games/companies have ran with and not all have sunk in consequence.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#34 Nov 06 2016 at 11:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Yeah. I mean, as much as I like the artistic concept of keeping games in certain areas alive and relevant - it literally is a black-and-white law.

A stupid law, but a clear one.
#35 Nov 06 2016 at 9:14 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,169 posts
BrokenFox wrote:
Nostalrius got shutdown because it had gotten too popular and Blizzard probably has their own classic server plan in the works. Otherwise private servers hurt no one.

Perhaps it was popular, but Blizz stated just this weekend at Blizzcon that there are no plans for any classic server. Then again, the current expansion is full of fan service including dungeons and raids that players loved from back then being given new life.

BrokenFox wrote:
How is it disrespect and how is it hurting anyone?

Stealing isn't disrespectful and doesn't hurt anyone? You really don't think so?

Again, there's next to nothing in FFXI that you can't do from 'Vanilla' so there's not much point to private servers. I know a lot of people who would like to play an FFXIV that had continued to build from 1.0, but would anyone want 'vanilla' XIV?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#36 Nov 07 2016 at 11:12 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,721 posts
Ok.. I did not even think about them being illegal I have just heard about them a few times. I didn't know even if SE was running one that way.


But since we are going there I doubt at this stage SE give a rats behind because I am betting FFXI is pretty close to done.
This would be a honor to them having the game go on because once they close the FFXI severs down this may be the only place to play the game anymore is private servers. I can see blizzard going after them because their game is going to continue on and it would hurt profits.

I think we will see server closures this year as servers drop. I noticed the server we are on has issues allot more lately and I doubt they want to keep fixing them. The server is near dead. I bet they either close the game down in 2017 or they are down to a NA server and a Japanese server.

____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#37 Nov 07 2016 at 1:38 PM Rating: Good
******
49,053 posts
I'd take that action since people have been making that bet for like a decade.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#38 Nov 07 2016 at 6:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,767 posts
Heh actually, once XIV's "expansion" finishes, the few devs left on XI will be able to do more, which is why matsui said we're getting the "repeats" until 2017. Same happened with Heavensward, since they only realistically have one branch working on the 3 MMOs that end up being pulled to the "main" MMO.
____________________________

#39 Nov 08 2016 at 4:35 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,125 posts
Nashred wrote:
But since we are going there I doubt at this stage SE give a rats behind because I am betting FFXI is pretty close to done.

While I'm sure the game's age is a factor, I'd also posit the language barrier works to our benefit. Nonetheless, sicking legal teams on guys is an expense they need to weigh the pros and cons on, as well as the potential publicity it would garner for better or worse. So, while you may occasionally see some server boast having a few hundred unique players, the reality is you'd be lucky to see 1/3rd of them on at once, as well as the sheer impossibility of recreating those olden days where prime times saw 3000+ people on.
Quote:
This would be a honor to them having the game go on because once they close the FFXI severs down this may be the only place to play the game anymore is private servers. I can see blizzard going after them because their game is going to continue on and it would hurt profits.

While I wouldn't call it an honor, it does highlight a flaw of games restricted to multiplayer. When/if servers go down, they're effectively gone, and with that whatever investment a player made. With that said, I do believe there's actually been some recent legal rumblings involving this matter and what could be called fan revivals. Basically, a judge ruled in their favor since the official means was no longer available/being supported. Yet even if this is to be XI's fate, I'd hope one day that full game is recreated or at least officially released, because for some people, things were better WotG and later.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#40 Nov 08 2016 at 12:04 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,973 posts
I cant wait til this comes out

https://chroniclesofelyria.com

It looks like itll be better than even FFXI was.

Dying of old age (which can take 12-14 irl months, corpse looting, PvP just about anywhere, pick pocketing and assassination, being able to break into and steal from peoples homes, EVERYTHING being player controlled (including the shops are run by other players, if those players log out then their character remain in the world and its controlled by AI) that includes YOUR character to so you have to set good AI scripts so it can stay alive an just in case it ever has to defend itself when youre not physically online to do it, OR you can hire other layers as guards to keep you alive when youre not online.


Being in a family thats also all player run, can build and own houses and land, can become a king or queen of an entire player filled country, that games sounds way too **** good, its basically what EVE online would be if it if it went from space to Fantasy. Only down side is there is no end game which of course makes sense after all your character DOES grow old and die sooo what good would engdame be? There WILL be raid though not in the traditional sense but more in an if you wanna steal from a Kings castle or a VERY good players house it will require great skill and a lot of help, families can go after other families too and there can and will be wars etc etc.

Glad to see there is a dev who knows there are still people out there who want an MMO with SOME degree of depth, and this one seems like its gonna overdo it (in a good way) in the depth department. Too bad it probably wont be done til 2020
#41 Nov 08 2016 at 1:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,767 posts
That definitely is a great concept and design, I just hate the aspect of having to buy a new character essentially, so while it technically would be a charge of $30 every year+2 there's other things you'd likely end up buying.

But I do agree, it's nice to see there are still some developers around that recognize MMOs still deserve depth in their game.
____________________________

#42 Nov 08 2016 at 2:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,565 posts
It's an ambitious design goal for sure. It's going to have a fairly narrow appeal though, so it needs to also be a game that can survive with a niche audience.

Also yeah, not a fan of my character aging to death. I recognize the "realism" argument, but I think that's going to end up being more frustrating than anything else.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#43 Nov 08 2016 at 2:34 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,973 posts
Callinon wrote:
It's an ambitious design goal for sure. It's going to have a fairly narrow appeal though, so it needs to also be a game that can survive with a niche audience.

Also yeah, not a fan of my character aging to death. I recognize the "realism" argument, but I think that's going to end up being more frustrating than anything else.



Well considering your new character inherits all your skills and abilities.. with some limits due to his age and experience, then youre really not losing anything in the end
#44 Nov 08 2016 at 2:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,079 posts
That does sound cool
#45 Nov 09 2016 at 1:24 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,169 posts
All I could think about was the idea of people returning to the library to learn about their past lives in effort to correct their mistakes. If only SE had applied that concept to it's game development.

I think I'm more excited for XV and VII remake to be honest. XV to see where the genre is going and VII to see just how much SE can milk from it's fans.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#46 Nov 09 2016 at 8:33 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,125 posts
Seeing how people got incredibly testy about losing their names in world merges in XI, I honestly can't see a forced death system boding well even if people just become Joe Blow Jr., III, X, etc. So, while it's true that time tends to play a minimal role in the actual roleplaying aspect of MMOs, I don't really feel this is the right way to go about changing that. Especially if someone takes a break for any sort of extended period.

And good luck actually paying people to guard someone AFK/offline. That **** just reeks of ultimate trollbait waiting to happen.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#47 Nov 11 2016 at 1:58 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,973 posts
Seriha wrote:
Seeing how people got incredibly testy about losing their names in world merges in XI, I honestly can't see a forced death system boding well even if people just become Joe Blow Jr., III, X, etc. So, while it's true that time tends to play a minimal role in the actual roleplaying aspect of MMOs, I don't really feel this is the right way to go about changing that. Especially if someone takes a break for any sort of extended period.

And good luck actually paying people to guard someone AFK/offline. That **** just reeks of ultimate trollbait waiting to happen.



Well dying in combat doesnt kill you outright. Otherwise like you said that WOULD be stupid, especially if you can get killed while offline. Instead dying (and it all depend on how you die and what you do to resurrect yourself) in combat just lowers your lifespan, so if you were gonna live 1 year now since you died youll like 11 months and 3 weeks or something to that effect.

Also Im pretty sure you can keep your name, if not like you suggested just add Jr at the end or something its not like you lose any skills or abilities so I wouldnt have a problem with it.


And your absolutely right about the trollbait. But thats the magic of it.. I mean thats whats so great about EVE (cause it surely isnt the gameplay) Ppl can kill/backstab you at anytime and the entire world and economy is controlled/effected by the players. So you gotta make friends and make sure youve vetted them and know who you can trust before you trust them. Im pretty sure there are completely safe places or at least places you are less likely to get attacked at (like your house, clan/guild base/a castle etc etc) that you can log out in and not worry about it cause your clan/guild or family could watch out for you while youre offline. I mean lets say you pay someone to watch you while youre offline, ok maybe you had to go to sleep or work thats probably gonna be 8+ hours, do we really expect them to stay online guarding you 8+ hours? What if THEY have to go to sleep/work? So yeah there would have to be ways around that. Also PVP/PKing can be done anywhere but its "illegal" to do outside of times of War so if someone did literally backstab you or kill you while you were offline, they could go to jail or have other things happen to them and you can put bounties or contracts on someone so for the right price you could have half the town hunting them down. (which is another feature I like the sound of, too many times Ive seen ppl get scammed or ninja looted in FFXI and XIV and nothing could be done about it other than informing ppl on message boards. In this game however you can have those sorts of people dealt with... or do it yourself, and theirs corpse looting (again in the right situations) so if they stole from you you can take your **** back or have someone else get it back for you). So yeah I doubt ppl will go around randomly killing ppl and doing trollish/griefing things unless they REALLY had to.

Edited, Nov 11th 2016 2:12am by DuoMaxwellxx
#48 Nov 11 2016 at 4:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,125 posts
You've got a greater faith in people not being jerkwads about it than I do.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#49 Nov 11 2016 at 11:47 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,973 posts
Seriha wrote:
You've got a greater faith in people not being jerkwads about it than I do.



I dont have faith but i would think the consenquenes for thei actions would make them less inclined to do things as opopsed to a game where you can do stuff like that and get away with it WoWE
#50 Nov 13 2016 at 11:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
8,779 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
shandrive wrote:
want to experience some adventures like "Sword art online"
To be held hostage and either killed or digitally raped? Smiley: dubious


Only 48k posts gaxe? I am disappoint.
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#51 Nov 15 2016 at 10:29 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,053 posts
I am, too. These lands are no longer fertile for farming.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 89 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (89)