Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Memorial Day SaleFollow

#1 May 18 2017 at 3:53 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
756 posts
No, not that. How many crafters are planning to purge their inventory very soon? We're about 4 weeks to Stormblood and I think it's time for a fire sale. My wife hasn't logged in for weeks and I have a few level 220 pieces for her. But if we wait till SB, there may be higher gear waiting in the next town.

Edited, May 18th 2017 2:54pm by AngusX
____________________________
I think you've been smoking the Moko...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1628942/
http://www.nerdist.com/
Angus of Cerberus (retired)
#2 May 18 2017 at 4:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,810 posts
I was THINKING about it....

But knowing how yoshi works in regards to the..say 'consumables' market, I'm keeping all hunt seals and tomes capped off, bought up some current high end craft materials, stored Aquaopolis materials and selling off my Diadem tokens. (Converted 700 tokens to tier V materia, since there's new ones coming that's easier to get.)

Considering the first NPC that sells you gear will sell superior gear, no point in really making/selling ilvl250 gear atm, especially with Savage being unlocked and extremely high echo (15% is overkill), the only real market I'd say is furniture, as stocking up on certain hot items now will DEFINITELY be wise for when housing come out in 4.1.

____________________________

#3 May 18 2017 at 5:01 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,712 posts
If you want gear to make, make level 50 striking and casting gear and accessories.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#4 May 18 2017 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
***
3,426 posts
The problem with this kind of mentality, is that everybody and their brother has already thought of this, and the markets end up getting flooded with said "hot" items, and yeah at first, the money is crazy then supply and demand rears its ugly head and the former spikes hard when everybody thinks "AH-HA!" and dumps goods on the market like nobody's business.

IMO, I'd try to find something that's a bit off the beaten path, something that not everybody else is doing at the time, a steady and reliable thing, perhaps some kind of consumables? Perhaps crafting/gathering tools for the Lv50s for all the newbies that are lured in by Stormblood's release? Then they find themselves in Ishgard and the NQ stuff really doesn't cut it when they want to level up NOW and don't feel like waiting months on the Grand Company Turn-ins/Moogle Quests to level them.

Edited, May 18th 2017 11:14pm by Lyrailis
#5 May 19 2017 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
***
3,712 posts
Quote:
The problem with this kind of mentality, is that everybody and their brother has already thought of this, and the markets end up getting flooded with said "hot" items, and yeah at first, the money is crazy then supply and demand rears its ugly head and the former spikes hard when everybody thinks "AH-HA!" and dumps goods on the market like nobody's business.


You're right, this market only exists for a very short time. But it's going to be an ENORMOUS market with essentially infinite demand.

For about a week, and then it's gone.

Quote:
IMO, I'd try to find something that's a bit off the beaten path, something that not everybody else is doing at the time, a steady and reliable thing, perhaps some kind of consumables? Perhaps crafting/gathering tools for the Lv50s for all the newbies that are lured in by Stormblood's release? Then they find themselves in Ishgard and the NQ stuff really doesn't cut it when they want to level up NOW and don't feel like waiting months on the Grand Company Turn-ins/Moogle Quests to level them.


Hmm maybe. Bear in mind a new player is still starting from level 1. If you want to target the new player market you might be better off focusing on the 1-30 range and selling tools and levequest crafting turn-ins. Accessory sets are also useful in the 1-50 range as dungeons and quests tend to be pretty stingy on right-side pieces.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#6 May 19 2017 at 11:21 AM Rating: Excellent
*
141 posts
It depends on whether the jump potion will be live on release or not.

As for what to craft, there is the option of supplying the materials to the crafters. If they need x, y, and z to make their items, they will generally just buy it on the market board instead of taking the time to gather it themselves during the frenzy. I made a few hundred thousand doing about half an hour of gathering low level stuff during the Heavensward release window. Not super impressive money, but given the low amount of work I did, I was happy.
____________________________
Watch me bash my way through Vita RPGs at http://psvitarpgs.blogspot.com
Currently playing: Tales of Hearts R
#7 Jun 13 2017 at 8:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
598 posts
I'm actually surprised at the number of people coming back to complete the Heavensward story who were only a few hours in and might need some mid level gear. Been watching Twitch and lots of channels with people just starting ARR.
____________________________
"The next time you have the urge to stab me in the back have the guts to do it to my face." - Malcolm Reynolds
#8 Jun 13 2017 at 8:26 PM Rating: Good
***
3,712 posts
kainsilv wrote:
I'm actually surprised at the number of people coming back to complete the Heavensward story who were only a few hours in and might need some mid level gear. Been watching Twitch and lots of channels with people just starting ARR.


Someone on Ultros the other day said they had to get through a queue to log in.

Release is going to be interesting... I wonder if they'll bring back the afk timer.... I also wonder if my keyboard macro that makes me jump every 60 seconds while I'm afk still works. Smiley: clown
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#9 Jun 14 2017 at 8:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,810 posts
kainsilv wrote:
I'm actually surprised at the number of people coming back to complete the Heavensward story who were only a few hours in and might need some mid level gear. Been watching Twitch and lots of channels with people just starting ARR.


Yeah, there's a lot of paid promotion going on now actually too (even I got a sponsored email.) From the gameplay during media tour I seen when I zoned there was the "1" and "2" so they already have the zone instances setup again like at Heavensward release just hopefully it's done better this go around.

As for the gear, if they're going through ARR/HW they won't really be using MB as HW still offers HQ gear relevant to which DoW/DoM you're leveling and ARR hands you the AF/"AF2" for completing class quests and Poetics gear will last you through most of HW leveling. From Balmung perspective, currently glamour and glamour crystals are the market to be in. Even on Saragatanas I've made about 4.2m on glamour crystals alone the past 2 weeks.

The real money is in "prep week" for the expansion, all those throw away gear from PoTD? Store them.
____________________________

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 57 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (57)