Forum Settings
       
1 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next »
Reply To Thread

On the Armenian GenocideFollow

#802 Apr 04 2018 at 11:23 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
17,054 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
All of those things require that, yes, you dumb-fucking cockstain, they bank it. You can't cash a check or swipe your card without money in the bank.



"Now, my caddie's chauffeur informs me that a bank is a place where people put money that isn't properly invested." - Ron Whitey

I only make a moderate income, and I already feel I have too much money sitting in a bank. It does very little for me, other than piece of mind . I really doubt that the people perceived as the problem with capital gains taxes are actually "banking" that money. Pretty sure they are already full on the bank portion of their wealth.

____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#803 Apr 04 2018 at 1:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,568 posts
angrymnk wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
angrymnk wrote:
keep this society thing going without breaking down.
Society is binding. It's filling in the cracks with concrete. No cracks to slip through. everything is recorded, filed, blogged, chips in our kids so they don't get lost -- Society needs to crumble. We're all too chickenshit to let it.


Dunno, I like not having to hunt down wild tacos, or grow organic big macs. As an old person, I want to my status quo.
What if we can watch clips of it on Youtube or Pornhub?

This revolution is seriously lacking the infotainment factor. Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#804 Apr 04 2018 at 3:03 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,410 posts
TirithRR wrote:
I really doubt that the people perceived as the problem with capital gains taxes are actually "banking" that money. Pretty sure they are already full on the bank portion of their wealth.
They don't. The reinvest it like gbaji says. But even if they did, where do people think banks get the money to lend for mortgages, loans etc?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#805 Apr 04 2018 at 3:17 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
17,054 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
I really doubt that the people perceived as the problem with capital gains taxes are actually "banking" that money. Pretty sure they are already full on the bank portion of their wealth.
They don't. The reinvest it like gbaji says. But even if they did, where do people think banks get the money to lend for mortgages, loans etc?

But my money in the bank is more or less secure. It's not going anywhere, even if that bank ***** up with their lending policies. It's pretty much a zero risk investment.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#806 Apr 04 2018 at 3:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
29,287 posts
And a zero return investment as well, unless interest rates get a boost.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#807 Apr 04 2018 at 4:24 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
17,054 posts
Samira wrote:
And a zero return investment as well, unless interest rates get a boost.

Well, I think mines at 0.35%.
But that's not the point. I'm not really "investing" by putting that 100k in a savings account. Not like the money put in real investments.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#808 Apr 04 2018 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,410 posts
TirithRR wrote:
But my money in the bank is more or less secure. It's not going anywhere, even if that bank ***** up with their lending policies. It's pretty much a zero risk investment.
My point was that the rich having that money in bank accounts doesn't hurt either as it allows others to borrow from banks so its still moving the economy along. Not that it matters because the rich don't leave the bulk of their money in bank accounts.

Also, **** angrymnk and taxing anything at 100%.


____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#809 Apr 04 2018 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,298 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
But my money in the bank is more or less secure. It's not going anywhere, even if that bank ***** up with their lending policies. It's pretty much a zero risk investment.
My point was that the rich having that money in bank accounts doesn't hurt either as it allows others to borrow from banks so its still moving the economy along. Not that it matters because the rich don't leave the bulk of their money in bank accounts.

Also, **** angrymnk and taxing anything at 100%.




Let no one tell you that I am not merciful and full of compromise. How does 99% sound? You get two islands and a chance to scrape an extra 1% here and there.
____________________________
Your soul was made of fists.

Jar the Sam
#810 Apr 05 2018 at 8:43 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,209 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
gbaji wrote:
What the rich do with the money is invest it. You know, in the sort of things that are taxed lower (like, capital gains). The very things which I just pointed out tend to produce economic growth which benefits everyone else and not just the rich person. They don't just stick their wealth in a freaking mattress.
They also buy things you fucking imbecile. Whether those things are real estate or Lear jets or mansions, they buy them.


And? First off, that still has an economic effect (someone built that mansion and jet, right? Many someone's are employed maintaining that mansion and jet, right?). It's not "idle money". Secondly, this is a relative statement. The greater the wealth an individual has, the higher the percentage of that wealth will be put into investment rather than direct consumption.

The point is that the money isn't just sitting around doing nothing.

Quote:
They sock money (fungible and non) away for their children.


Which is always in the form of investment. Unless one is really dumb, I suppose.

Quote:
They donate.


And that's bad how? So in your perfect world no one would have enough wealth to be able to afford to donate to any cause? That seems counter productive. Where would you put the limit on wealth?

Quote:
They give to politicians and PACs.


And?

Quote:
They bribe people and buy their silence. They try to cure malaria. They shoot rockets into space.


Again. And? I'm struggling to find your point here.

Quote:
All of those things require that, yes, you dumb-fucking cockstain, they bank it. You can't cash a check or swipe your card without money in the bank.


What percentage of the average riich person's wealth do you honestly think is in a bank account? Seriously? They don't "bank it" anymore than you do. In fact, as a percentage of their wealth, they "bank it" far less than you do.

Quote:
Until you show me in the Constitution where people have a right to buy political power and keep other people in financial thrall, just shut the hell up.


How the heck did you get from "is there a benefit to having capital gains tax rates lower than income tax rates" to this? I'm also curious how you think changing the rates would have any impact on the degree to which the rich might engage in such behaviors anyway? Geez! At least try to make some sort of sense.

Quote:
Your mom's Catholic, right? Does she know the extent of your hatred for your fellow man? Your unmitigated sin? Likely not, you coward.


Wait. So now arguing for a low capital gains tax rate is the equivalent of hatred for my fellow man? Hysterical much?
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#811 Apr 05 2018 at 8:47 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,209 posts
Samira wrote:
And a zero return investment as well, unless interest rates get a boost.


Negative return after inflation. Most (all?) commercial banks are not worth putting any more money into than you need to have there to manage your day to day financial needs. Enough to ensure you can pay off your bills each month, with some buffer. Any more than that should be put into an actual investment portfolio.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#812 Apr 06 2018 at 12:16 AM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,489 posts
gbaji wrote:
Wait. So now arguing for a low capital gains tax rate is the equivalent of hatred for my fellow man?
No. All your other "***** the poor" with the addition of "the rich shouldnt pay taxes like everyone else" added to it does.

Satan.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#813 Apr 06 2018 at 12:16 AM Rating: Excellent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,489 posts
DBL
Satan.


Edited, Apr 6th 2018 12:40am by Bijou
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#814 Apr 06 2018 at 7:12 AM Rating: Good
*******
50,229 posts
TirithRR wrote:
I only make a moderate income, and I already feel I have too much money sitting in a bank.
Bitch, you're single. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#815 Apr 06 2018 at 10:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,568 posts
I have three kids and no money... Why can't I have no kids and three money?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#816 Apr 06 2018 at 4:27 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
17,054 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
I only make a moderate income, and I already feel I have too much money sitting in a bank.
Bitch, you're single. Smiley: laugh

I dislike people in general, so... if being single is the price I pay for my gradual wealth, I guess I can accept it. Smiley: smile

Though, as my cousins are now finally reaching adulthood (I was the oldest grandchild, by 10-12 years or so) and having children, each time my mother gets a new nephew or niece, she look at me, wondering why she isn't a Grandmother yet.

And each time I think about it, I realize that I'm 34 years old, at my age, my mother already had me going into College... and at my age, my Grandmother found out she was going to be a Grandmother, with my mother pregnant with me. And here I still feel like a kid. Very little responsibility outside of work and taking care of myself and my property (A long family history of teenage pregnancies ended with me.)

Edited, Apr 6th 2018 6:32pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#817 Apr 06 2018 at 5:30 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,209 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Wait. So now arguing for a low capital gains tax rate is the equivalent of hatred for my fellow man?
No. All your other "***** the poor" with the addition of "the rich shouldnt pay taxes like everyone else" added to it does.


So you're saying that my hatred for my fellow man is unrelated to my position on capital gains tax rates? Just checking. You know. So we're totally clear.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#818 Apr 08 2018 at 3:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,567 posts
gbaji wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Wait. So now arguing for a low capital gains tax rate is the equivalent of hatred for my fellow man?
No. All your other "***** the poor" with the addition of "the rich shouldnt pay taxes like everyone else" added to it does.


So you're saying that my hatred for my fellow man is unrelated to my position on capital gains tax rates? Just checking. You know. So we're totally clear.


Here's why you're wrong:
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#819 Apr 09 2018 at 12:26 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
257 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
angrymnk wrote:
Rebuttal?
He thinks that as long as the thread is active Obama is eventually going to read it and commit suicide on television for doing the same thing every politician in the history of politics has done before, during, and after him.


That's not really my goal, although I wouldn't go against war criminals hanging or dead by their own hand or some kind of court. Obama has murdered thousands of innocent people. And not due to GOP CONGRESS FORCING HIM. He's on his own a **** and war criminal and murdered a **** a lot of people. And not even to mention Libya, or Syria....

lolgaxe wrote:
the same thing every politician in the history of politics has done


Wrong. What in the **** is wrong with you.

#820 Apr 09 2018 at 12:29 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
257 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
I have three kids and no money... Why can't I have no kids and three money?


Because your society desires Brooding


Sorry for that reply. I meant to type that and do other typing stuff but bam--accidentally hit a tab or capslock or something.


But yeah, society dotes upon mamas and papas and ***** over single humans, same or more or at least akin to their other doting on Military People. Military discount on the local all-you-can-eat. Military preference for housing. And other CRAP.

**** vets. And **** family units who gain favors too.


A single lad or lass who has never been a soldier is utterly ******* In this society of raining gold upon vets and breeding couples.


Again sorry for even this reply. Drunk! But I mean, all the benefits of "vets" is sickening.

Idiots signed up and went to war not for our country, yet still killed a lot of people, great job, here's money. Benefits. Me, a person who never murdered any foreigner for dubious reasons, has to stand aside for seconds while this VET has a quick line-jumping thing. And 10% of if you show your VET STATUS. Etc. Grrr. **** Vets.

Edited, Apr 9th 2018 2:48am by Palpitus1

Edited, Apr 9th 2018 3:49am by Palpitus1
#821 Apr 09 2018 at 4:01 AM Rating: Good
***
1,084 posts
Yeah, ******* vets. A vet killed my hamster when I was a kid, the *******.
____________________________
Timelordwho wrote:
I'm not quite sure that scheming is an emotion.
#822 Apr 09 2018 at 7:08 AM Rating: Good
*******
50,229 posts
Kavekkk wrote:
Yeah, ******* vets. A vet killed my hamster when I was a kid, the *******.
Maybe if you hadn't been wrapping them in in fireworks we wouldn't have mistaken it for a terrorist.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#823 Apr 09 2018 at 7:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Palpitus1 wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
the same thing every politician in the history of politics has done
Wrong. What in the **** is wrong with you.

He meant those with the power. People who have obtained the lofty rank of HOA Board Captain don't really apply.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#824 Apr 09 2018 at 9:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,568 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Palpitus1 wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
the same thing every politician in the history of politics has done
Wrong. What in the **** is wrong with you.

He meant those with the power. People who have obtained the lofty rank of HOA Board Captain don't really apply.
I dunno, I wouldn't put mass murder beyond the reach of your average PTA committee member. There's a lot of rage and fury caged up there ready to explode.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#825 Apr 09 2018 at 11:29 AM Rating: Excellent
*******
50,229 posts
I became Captain of the Neighborhood Watch promising safety for our citizens but I plan to lead a bloody coup into other streets and annexing their pools for my glory.

Edited, Apr 9th 2018 1:30pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#826 Apr 10 2018 at 7:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,234 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I became Captain of the Neighborhood Watch promising safety for our citizens but I plan to lead a bloody coup into other streets and annexing their pools for my glory.

Sigh, this always happens to pool land.

Now Jophiel won't share any pirogies with you.

Edited, Apr 10th 2018 10:45am by Timelordwho
____________________________
Just as Planned.
1 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 9 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (9)