Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Things we'd be talking about if the forum wasn't deadFollow

#1727 Sep 02 2015 at 10:50 AM Rating: Good
***
2,187 posts
Jophiel wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
You've clearly never been to New Jersey.

I just figured out the campaign angle that'll revitalize Christie's presidential run.
What can Brown do for you?

____________________________
"the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
Hermann Goering, April 1946.
#1728 Sep 02 2015 at 10:52 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
Not nearly enough killing as was advertised. Smiley: mad
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1729 Sep 02 2015 at 10:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Freudian slip? Who do you really want killed?

No, all my friends say "kill out". I'm surprised your friends don't say "kill out". Everyone says it, it's a really popular phrase. Obviously the problem is with you.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#1730 Sep 02 2015 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,464 posts
Well, we're killing on up!
To the East side!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#1731 Sep 02 2015 at 11:30 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
Yeah the options are endless, baby kill in the blank.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1732 Sep 02 2015 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,394 posts
#1733 Sep 02 2015 at 12:07 PM Rating: Good
***
2,187 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Freudian slip? Who do you really want killed?

No, all my friends say "kill out". I'm surprised your friends don't say "kill out". Everyone says it, it's a really popular phrase. Obviously the problem is with you.
It's kill out? I thought it was end out.

____________________________
"the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
Hermann Goering, April 1946.
#1734 Sep 02 2015 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,464 posts
I was taught Kill Up and End Out!

EDIT: Or was it "Don't Kill up before dinner"

Edited, Sep 2nd 2015 11:26am by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#1735 Sep 02 2015 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
*****
15,952 posts
Kill Samira, Lolgax, et kil. <3 <3 <3
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#1736 Sep 02 2015 at 3:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
29,245 posts
Nooooooooo don't be killin' me.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#1737 Sep 02 2015 at 3:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,464 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
So Roddy Piper, BB King, Christopher Lee, Terry Pratchett, Betsy Palmer, Leonard Nimoy, Yvonne Craig, and now add Wes Craven to the list of 2015 dead. Sixteen more days until the universe is destroyed in a paradox thanks to scientists not having invented flying cars, sports almanacs and weird plastic-like clothes and such.


You forgot Dusty Rhodes.


And now, Dean Jones...Link
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#1738 Sep 02 2015 at 4:39 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,939 posts
Debalic wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
How about them Georgia cops who entered the wrong house, killed the dog, shot the homeowner as he entered the room, and also managed to shot one of the cops?

Again? Let me guess, no-knock warrant vs. castle doctrine?

Not even. Homeowner was apparently unarmed and was not defending himself.

According to the initial reports about the GBI investigation and neighbor witness

3 officers approached the front of the house and tried to make contact with the residence. No answer.
They go to the back, and find the door unlocked.
They enter, find the dog in the kitchen, and shoot it (no word about what the dog was doing or how it was acting).
The home owner enters the kitchen from another room to find out what was happening, and is shot as well.
Somehow, an officer is shot pretty badly (in the thigh, lost lots of blood). But not by the homeowner, by one of the other officers.

The neighbor says the homeowner ran out of the house yelling "They just shot me, they just shot me and they killed my dog, Why did they shoot me? Why did they shoot my dog?".
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#1739 Sep 02 2015 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,383 posts
Go ahead, build your wall. You're going to have to tear it down once we cut off the oil supply, causing you to invade and colonize.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#1740 Sep 02 2015 at 6:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
That's HOW we're invading. No one said we were building it on the border. The first 200 miles of Canada is ours!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#1741 Sep 02 2015 at 6:48 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Debalic wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
How about them Georgia cops who entered the wrong house, killed the dog, shot the homeowner as he entered the room, and also managed to shot one of the cops?

Again? Let me guess, no-knock warrant vs. castle doctrine?

Not even. Homeowner was apparently unarmed and was not defending himself.

According to the initial reports about the GBI investigation and neighbor witness

3 officers approached the front of the house and tried to make contact with the residence. No answer.
They go to the back, and find the door unlocked.
They enter, find the dog in the kitchen, and shoot it (no word about what the dog was doing or how it was acting).
The home owner enters the kitchen from another room to find out what was happening, and is shot as well.
Somehow, an officer is shot pretty badly (in the thigh, lost lots of blood). But not by the homeowner, by one of the other officers.

The neighbor says the homeowner ran out of the house yelling "They just shot me, they just shot me and they killed my dog, Why did they shoot me? Why did they shoot my dog?".

Wow, blue-on-blue casualty. That's almost as good. Still doesn't beat arresting the man who legally shot and killed the jack-booted thugs who broke into his home with no warning. On the faulty tip of a known burglar who had previously been chased out of the same house.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#1742 Sep 02 2015 at 7:38 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
Debalic wrote:
Wow, blue-on-blue casualty. That's almost as good. Still doesn't beat arresting the man who legally shot and killed the jack-booted thugs who broke into his home with no warning. On the faulty tip of a known burglar who had previously been chased out of the same house.


Don't suppose you could provide a source with some details? Yours are a bit vague.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#1743 Sep 02 2015 at 8:49 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
I'd have to look it up, but...*sigh* you know how it is. There are a bunch of these cases, which I find rather dismaying.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#1744 Sep 02 2015 at 9:09 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
I'm just curious because I've found that most of the time, when you start looking up the details of these sorts of incidents, they aren't quite the clear cut cases of abuse of police authority that they're made out to be. Yeah, the cops do ***** up, royally sometimes. But they are usually quite good at making it as abundantly clear that they are the police as they possibly can, doubly so when barging into someone's home, pretty much precisely to avoid the sort of situation you described. Those "jack booted thugs" are people too. They have friends, wives, family, and children. They have every vested interest in returning to them safely. The last thing they want to do is get into a shootout with someone, so anything they can do to avoid that situation, they will. The only thing failing to loudly yell "police!" over and over when engaging in these operations can accomplish is add "home resident thinking he's being invaded by criminals" to the list of people who might start shooting at them.

So you'll have to forgive me if I take with a grain of salt claims that they never identified themselves. It's the first thing every single cop does when put into an even remotely dangerous situation where weapons may be employed. Doesn't rule out the possibility of a failure to communicate that to someone, but "cops didn't even bother to identify themselves" is well down the list of reasons that may have happened IMO.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#1745 Sep 03 2015 at 12:19 AM Rating: Excellent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,369 posts
gbaji wrote:
It's the first thing every single cop does when put into an even remotely dangerous situation where weapons may be employed..
No-knock warrants by definition kind of work by intruding the place by surprise. The cops don't generaly identify themselves until after the door is forced open. You can see how this might cause problems, right?
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#1746 Sep 03 2015 at 7:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
'm just curious because I've found that most of the time, when you start looking up the details of these sorts of incidents, they aren't quite the clear cut cases of abuse of police authority that they're made out to be. Yeah, the cops do ***** up, royally sometimes.
The problem is that in other countries, Cops don't seem to have these kinds of issues. The training, approach, whatever seems to prevent it. So a confusing situation shouldn't immediately mean someone gets shot, but in the US that seems to be the norm. The fact that someone potentially did something stupid and made the situation more complicated shouldn't stop us from being very very concerned with the number of shootings by police and shouldn't stop us from trying to actually do something about it.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#1747 Sep 03 2015 at 7:50 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
TirithRR wrote:
no word about what the dog was doing or how it was acting
It (Edit: Brindle Boxer) was described as big, affectionate, and playful so safe money would be that it jumped at the cops in the dark, whether playfully or defensively is so far up in the air.

Edited, Sep 3rd 2015 9:59am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1748 Sep 03 2015 at 8:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,230 posts
If only the resident had a gun, he could have prevented intruders from entering his home.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#1749 Sep 03 2015 at 8:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,464 posts
And he could have shot his dog back to life, because we all know that more guns is the answer to everything!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#1750 Sep 03 2015 at 9:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,230 posts
No, you need to use a shiv of healing for that.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#1751 Sep 03 2015 at 9:18 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,187 posts
gbaji wrote:
I'm just curious because I've found that most of the time, when you start looking up the details of these sorts of incidents, they aren't quite the clear cut cases of abuse of police authority that they're made out to be. Yeah, the cops do ***** up, royally sometimes. But they are usually quite good at making it as abundantly clear that they are the police as they possibly can, doubly so when barging into someone's home, pretty much precisely to avoid the sort of situation you described.
Well, how about this one? Police lieutenant is briefed about an undercover drug bust and approaches his department's unmarked car during the bust, opens the rear door, and shoots an undercover detective that he's worked with in the past, who was wearing certain clothing that the early morning briefing made clear was being worn by the undercover officers (the lieutenant missed the briefing though, in his defense. /s), and as the undercover officer tries to crawl to the other side of the car while asking the lieutenant to please stop shooting, the lieutenant then continues shooting until he runs out of ammunition. One bullet injures another officer behind the "target" and this is pointed out in the subsequent lawsuit which notes that the lieutenant was also a firearm instructor for the department and should have known to be aware of what was behind his "target." Meanwhile, on the other side of the unmarked car, the targets of the drug bust were being arrested without incident. For being in possession of $60.00 worth of drugs.

Here are two local news stories that have most of the facts, you can dig deeper on your own if you want to try and show that this is one of those situations that "aren't quite the clear cut cases of abuse of police authority that they're made out to be."

Oh, and let me save you the trouble:
gabji wrote:
Yeah, the cops do ***** up, royally sometimes.
Yes, you did say that. But it seems that now that we have everyone carrying a video camera in their pocket, the police can no longer falsely claim the innocent person they shot was pointing a gun at them. It seems they **** up royally a lot more than "sometimes."

And take your "They have every vested interest in returning to them safely" and stick it in your innocent people have a vested interest in not being shot by a trigger happy sociopath with borderline-average intellect.

____________________________
"the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."
Hermann Goering, April 1946.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 68 All times are in CST
Yodabunny, Anonymous Guests (67)