Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »
Reply To Thread

GOP Healthcare Plan is a Liberal Conspiracy. Follow

#202 Apr 13 2017 at 1:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
lolgaxe wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
If being born around animals was good enough for Jesus, I can't see why a simple medical procedure around them isn't good enough for me!
Being operated on a cross and being thrown in a cave for three days for recovery makes it less appealing

Can't argue with the results though.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#203 Apr 13 2017 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,907 posts
"Scalpel. Lance of Longinus. Suture."
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#204 Apr 13 2017 at 8:56 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
The fact that the insurance companies raised their prices is purely a matter of "more money!!" not "OMG we're gonna go broke".


Except that "more money" is normally limited by the willingness of the customer to pay more for the same product (that darned free market thing). Surely you can see how when the government mandates that customers must buy the product, and have few options about what level and type of product they can buy, that this creates a scenario where the costs will rise. You can see that, right?

That's in addition to the cost increases incurred by covering PEC. The entire issue with that is the assumption that the person in question has not paid into the insurance industry in the past, yet will now cost the industry more money than they can charge to cover it. Insurance, as mentioned earlier, is about risk. But in this case, it's not. The insurance company knows it will lose money over time by covering that person. Period. Zero question. It's not a matter of 10,000 people buying health insurance and some percentage of them will contract an expensive illness, but we don't know which ones. This is a case where someone comes up to us, having never paid into the insurance pool at all, already has an expensive illness, and wants us to cover him for the same cost.

The only way insurance companies can do that is to jack up the rates for everyone else.


Quote:
Frankly, I think we should go completely single payer and let the health isurance companies go the way of the buggy harness industry.


Uh huh. Which is precisely the conclusion that the ACA was created to try to make you come to. If they can break the health care system in the US so badly, that even in a nation which by nature opposes socialized systems, the people will demand it in this case. That's by design. The ACA was never intended to be a functional health care system. It was always intended to be broken so badly that it would drive people to socialized medicine.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#205 Apr 13 2017 at 9:06 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,369 posts
gbaji wrote:
Which is precisely the conclusion that the ACA was created to try to make you come to.
Except for the fact that I thought it was a good idea long before I ever even heard of Obama, much less the ACA.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#206 Apr 13 2017 at 9:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
If they can break the health care system in the US so badly, that even in a nation which by nature opposes socialized systems, the people will demand it in this case. That's by design. The ACA was never intended to be a functional health care system. It was always intended to be broken so badly that it would drive people to socialized medicine.

Gonna be great then if Trump stops making payments Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#207 Apr 14 2017 at 7:25 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Except for the fact that I thought it was a good idea long before I ever even heard of Obama, much less the ACA.
You forget that conservative math has a margin of error of plus or minus three million.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#208 Apr 14 2017 at 10:51 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,369 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
Except for the fact that I thought it was a good idea long before I ever even heard of Obama, much less the ACA.
You forget that conservative math has a margin of error of plus or minus three million.
Silly man. Neo-conservatives don't know what this "math" is outside of an financial ledger.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (61)