Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Season 6Follow

#52 Mar 08 2016 at 10:32 PM Rating: Good
I think Abraham is on borrowed time not only because of his arc in the comics, but because he's on his way to being "happy". This also does not bode well for Carol/Wall building guy, the lesbians, nor Glenn/Maggie.

Kirkman has hinted that someone other than Glenn will get to meet Lucille first, which also means those polaroids are a preview to whats in store.

Neegan seems to have a much larger operation going on in TV land than he did in the funny books. I'm guessing:

This season will end with us meeting Neegan.
Next season's first half will be dealing with Neegan paying a visit to Alexandria (how they're going to do his dialogue for TV audiences is beyond me) & then getting into bullet manufacturing while meeting the Kingdom.
All out War for the 2nd half of the season.



____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#53 Mar 09 2016 at 9:08 AM Rating: Good
******
49,277 posts
I'm a little disappointed in Carol getting kidnapped. I'd figure she would be far more badass than that, especially with her high score.

Ha, I was right, Alanna Masterson (Tara) was pregnant.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#54 Mar 13 2016 at 8:11 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
Those women sure know how to interrogate someone. Take them into a closed room and cry about your **** of a boyfriend who got blowed up. And then leave them there inexplicably by themselves.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#55 Mar 14 2016 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
******
49,277 posts
Carol is such a great chameleon. I don't know why people like Daryl when she's far more badass. Rick's interrogation wasn't much better. Way too fast on that trigger when Primo said he was Negan. I'd have at least asked what he meant when he said how Negan was both at and not at the satellite station.

Someone proposed on Comic Book Men last night using the issue of Spider-Man married Mary Jane and the only thing I could think of was how he now has to find the last issue of One More Day when they get divorced.

Edited, Mar 14th 2016 10:11am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#56 Mar 14 2016 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,366 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Carol is such a great chameleon. I don't know why people like Daryl when she's far more badass. Rick's interrogation wasn't much better. Way too fast on that trigger when Primo said he was Negan. I'd have at least asked what he meant when he said how Negan was both at and not at the satellite station.

Edited, Mar 14th 2016 10:11am by lolgaxe


That's just one of those things where you might say "Well, there'd be no story if" kind of things. The TV audience for the most part is going to be led to believe Negan is dead now, and at the very least, Rick and his people will believe Negan is dead. They all think they're safe, then BOOM, enter the real Negan. Everyone who hasn't read the comics is knocked on their asses.
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#57 Mar 14 2016 at 3:58 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Carol is such a great chameleon. I don't know why people like Daryl when she's far more badass. Rick's interrogation wasn't much better. Way too fast on that trigger when Primo said he was Negan. I'd have at least asked what he meant when he said how Negan was both at and not at the satellite station.


Rick: "Was Negan in that building last night, or was he here?"
Primo: "Both, I'm Negan, Shithead."

He did not hear Paula's "We are all Negan" bit, so Rick had no reason to assume anything other than "I'm Negan". Negan was at the building last night (Primo was) and Negan was at the building right there (Primo was). It all makes sense in context of what Rick knows. The question asked, and the answer given, would not have lead him to believe the response was that Negan was and was not at the satellite station.


Edited, Mar 14th 2016 5:59pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#58 Mar 15 2016 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,366 posts
Even I was a little convinced that guy was Negan at first when he said it. Then I remembered they were casting Jeffrey Dean Morgan for Negan and had an "oh, yeah" moment. Unfortunately for Rick, he does not know this.
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#59 Mar 15 2016 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
******
49,277 posts
But Rick is a cop. A follow up question is kind of a thing during interrogations.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#60 Mar 15 2016 at 5:58 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
But Rick is a cop. A follow up question is kind of a thing during interrogations.


But Rick's one and only goal, in order to provide a steady supply of food for his community, friends, and family, was Kill Negan. He didn't have any reason to want to interrogate anyone unless it was to find Negan.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#61 Mar 16 2016 at 8:11 AM Rating: Good
******
49,277 posts
TirithRR wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
But Rick is a cop. A follow up question is kind of a thing during interrogations.
But Rick's one and only goal, in order to provide a steady supply of food for his community, friends, and family, was Kill Negan. He didn't have any reason to want to interrogate anyone unless it was to find Negan.
Which is kind of my point. It's such an important mission that he should have made certain he was accomplishing it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#62 Mar 20 2016 at 7:58 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
You know how to bite a dick, Eugene. And I mean that with the utmost respect.

Edited, Mar 20th 2016 10:00pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#63 Mar 20 2016 at 8:21 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,366 posts
I keep thinking about the comics and how things turn out on there, but then I keep trying to factor Daryl into things and wonder, and hope: Maybe we get to keep Abraham? I mean, can we? Please?
#64 Mar 20 2016 at 8:59 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
I'm enjoying Rosita's choice of outfit on the Talking Dead.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#65 Mar 21 2016 at 8:16 AM Rating: Good
******
49,277 posts
Kuwoobie wrote:
Maybe we get to keep Abraham? I mean, can we? Please?
Well, TV Abraham has lasted longer than Comic Abraham, which made Dwight's "I wasn't even aiming at her" line even funnier. On side note, I didn't expect Denise to bite it, at least not yet. It is funny there is outrage over it, though. Apparently all the goodwill with making her a lesbian in the first place was erased instantaneously with her dying. Burnt Dwight was awesome. I know I forgot to mention that. Poor guy really does suffer.

AMC added an additional half hour to the season finale in two weeks. So that's probably another thirty minutes of Negan making the channel executives nervous. Someone gonna die. I'm still betting Abraham, though Glenn and Carol are in the running. Though after the last episode it could be anyone.

Edited, Mar 21st 2016 3:22pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#66 Mar 21 2016 at 9:16 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,366 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
Maybe we get to keep Abraham? I mean, can we? Please?
Well, TV Abraham has lasted longer than Comic Abraham, which made Dwight's "I wasn't even aiming at her" line even funnier. On side note, I didn't expect Denise to bite it, at least not yet. It is funny there is outrage over it, though. Apparently all the goodwill with making her a lesbian in the first place was erased instantaneously with her dying. Burnt Dwight was awesome. I know I forgot to mention that. Poor guy really does suffer.

AMC added an additional half hour to the season finale in two weeks. So that's probably another thirty minutes of Negan making the channel executives nervous. Someone gonna die. I'm still betting Abraham, though Glenn and Carol are in the running. Though after the last episode it could be anyone.

Edited, Mar 21st 2016 3:22pm by lolgaxe


I kind of think Carol is safe now that she's not with them. She'll probably show up later and save everyone's asses again.
#67 Mar 27 2016 at 8:36 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
Dead baby inside Maggie, eating her from the inside out? (Probably not, since the baby doesn't seem to be far enough along to be able to, but would be funny).

You just know that Daryl will be fine. Because it's a predictable situation, and the cliffhanger done specifically to make the fans go crazy. I think it'd be better if next week it turned out that he did get killed, would be a more unexpected setup.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#68 Mar 28 2016 at 4:04 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,366 posts
He didn't die. The people who are going crazy are ******* stupid. Someone even posted on Facebook ten minutes after it aired that he had died and I thought for sure he did up until I actually saw the episode and couldn't believe how ******* stupid the person who posted that was.

Edited, Mar 28th 2016 10:04am by Kuwoobie
#69 Mar 28 2016 at 7:52 AM Rating: Good
******
49,277 posts
Knight from the Kingdom was a nice touch, just after Rick and Morgan caught Carol's stunt double. I wonder how they'll handle Shiva.

Anyway, buckle in for a downer ending.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#70 Apr 03 2016 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
Those bastards...

So I take it Carol and Morgan have met these Knights?

Still no answer on who Negan beat the **** out of. Was kind of hoping they'd give that answer to us.

1. Abraham
2. Glenn
3. Eugene

I'm thinking that's my list.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#71 Apr 03 2016 at 9:07 PM Rating: Good
******
49,277 posts
So close. Soooo close. Only like four shits, and not a single fuck. Smiley: mad Besides that, this was great finale.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan did amazing, with what he had to work with (Seriously, I started counting sentences to see how long it'd be before he would say something. Ten before the first shit. Pretty much stopped there, angry-ish). Hate the cliffhanger. Betting it won't be revealed until the second episode of next season. The whole episode to knock Rick down a peg and show just how out of his depths and outclassed he really is was executed brilliantly. Negan is pretty much Rick 2.0. More charismatic, more cunning, more lethal; Just more, and JDM nailed it perfectly. Hate the cliffhanger. A little more interaction with the Knights was good for probably next season's second half. I don't think they'll end this arc in Season 7. It's just too long in the book with too much going on. Hate the cliffhanger. This was pretty much the episode I was waiting for. Now I'm waiting for the conclusion of the scene next season (They better include the "Lucille is a vampire bat" line is all I'm sayin'.) and that's about it, really. I didn't enjoy the rest of the arc And I hate the cliffhanger. Seriously, two episodes in a row? Bleh.

I'm keeping Abraham in the dead pool.

Edited, Apr 3rd 2016 11:12pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#72 Apr 03 2016 at 9:12 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
So close. Soooo close. Only like four shits, and not a single fuck. Smiley: mad Besides that, this was great finale.


I noticed he used "Pegged" instead of "Fucked".

Quote:
Negan is pretty much Rick 2.0. More charismatic, more cunning, more lethal; Just more, and JDM nailed it perfectly.


Kirkman on Talking Dead had a nice comparison between the two. He said basically that if the show had started with Negan waking up in the hospital, and it followed him throughout the seasons, that once you reached this point, and it played out exactly the same way, you would support Negan, and say Rick's party deserved it.

Edited, Apr 3rd 2016 11:16pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#73 Apr 03 2016 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
******
49,277 posts
TirithRR wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
So close. Soooo close. Only like four shits, and not a single fuck. Smiley: mad Besides that, this was great finale.
I noticed he used "Pegged" instead of "Fucked".
I caught that [whine]but it's not the saaaaaaaaaame.[/whine] It's like they cut Negan's lines by 90%.
TirithRR wrote:
Rick's party deserved it.
Negan definitely has the better idea of killing just one person in a group instead of the whole group. In their sleep. Rick doesn't really seem to spend too much time thinking long term.

I just want to point out how great it is this episode aired when Baseball season started. Smiley: laugh

Edited, Apr 3rd 2016 11:37pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#74 Apr 04 2016 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,366 posts
It all feels a bit underwhelming. I guess I was expecting more to happen for the season finale. So much filler in that episode just to make it last 30 minutes longer.

I really wonder about the Saviors, though. Like-- how they managed to get that many people together and organized like that, or why or how Negan hasn't been usurped by any of his own people at any point-- or how many leaders he took out to get into the position he's in. I guess the whole "give us all your stuff or die, now work for us" pitch is pretty effective, overall. They could have assimilated other groups like the Wolves and Claimers pretty easily this way. Answering my own questions I guess.

It's also kind of crazy how they found a real-life Trevor from Grand Theft Auto V to introduce Negan with. Looks and sounds just like him.

Edited, Apr 4th 2016 8:12pm by Kuwoobie
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#75 May 09 2016 at 4:30 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,757 posts
Watching The Talking Dead last night after the Fear episode, I couldn't help but think that the actress who plays the daughter was wearing way too much makeup. Or maybe just not the right type. She looks much better on Fear than she did on the couch.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#76 May 11 2016 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,366 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Watching The Talking Dead last night after the Fear episode, I couldn't help but think that the actress who plays the daughter was wearing way too much makeup. Or maybe just not the right type. She looks much better on Fear than she did on the couch.


Don't you know? She has to wear makeup because men and society are forcing her to somehow.
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (16)