First off Makai its hard to even believe your a FFXI player...I mean this post is so WoWish.
1. Hard to get anywhere fast regardless of level. The lower the level the worse the travel.
As I learned more I got places quicker and planned accordingly. What are you proposing? smaller zones?, everyone gets a 2min flee??? what do u want? ability to warp to every zone from everywhere???
Only thing I see that can cut travel time down is a traveling device such as those small ships in the trailer...BUT...i'd only not complain how stupid they were if it required some sort of fuel to travel which should take planning and work to get...sorta like doing assault to get points to do Salvage but a little bit harder.
2. In game player obsession with gear and items has made it hard/stressful on other/newer players just trying to enjoy the game. (& Near Impossible to store everything. Or, Mog Clog/Bag Sag)
Sigh...this is still an ongoing arguement that players dont get...dont join a pt w/ gimped gear...its as simple as that...what ppl did not understand was that when your "current" gear was not able to help your char. perform at that levels best you were hurting the pt, which wasted 5 other ppls time. Getting new gear was fun...farming w/ friends, farming seals w/ friends, etc. This game was about making hard work rewarding, not for lazy people who dont take the time to put a thought as to how to get the nxt best. I never had "all" top notch gear, I have some nice pieces, but more so I work for the next best thing and understand what equips works best for the role im playing and ppl knew that I was prepaired so I got invites no hassle. I could go on.
Only thing I'll say about the item storage, is the solution to that is simple more slots and more storage slots. I think that couldve been a ps2 limitation which im sure we wont have a problem w/ in XIV.
5. Nigh-impossible missions/quests for Job Specific armor/equip. Things like the Brown Belt quest or the Black Belt quest are totally impossible for any poor Monk without an LS or horde of dedicated friends to help the guy/gal out!
Does your mom and dad both drive their dream cars? Most ppl dont and wont? Black belt, Monks that do what it takes to get it, get it. Monks that wanna just have fun, get the next best thing. You wanna get on lol around town go do a couple item trade in quests then log off, thats your choice. Or if you wanna log on participate in events show your worth camping an hnm for hours b/c you understand how to play the job then you prob. deserver what you get if you play w/ the right ppl. But if you picked monk b/c you wanted to beat up stuffs...gtfo if want a belt thats gonna be need to fight against mobs that actually require you put out some dmg. I could go on...
6. Required team play just to to survive a stroll through a zone. There is nothing more annoying than being a level 75 character, and getting slapped to the ground by a level 60-65 "easy prey"
Silent Oils, Prism Powder's + Skill, sneaking around true sight mobs was an adrenaline rush, dont do it if you dont wanna put in the thought. Only reason I think you NEED ppl to get through zones was in zones that req'd ppl to open doors that etc. And then I think if u did the req'd quest you could just warp to most places that req'd that. This sounds lazy to me.
7. Lack of reward scaling. As a level 75 character if I kill a "DC" gob I get 30 Gil and some crappy exp at 50- However as a level 10 character if I kill a "DC" gob I get 30 Gil and 50- exp. What?!?
Low lvl mobs drops arent as good as high lvl mob drops(fullstop LOL)
8. Gil restriction. Apparently SE has decided that the easiest way to kill the RMT is to make sure nobody can get gil in the first place...
9. Static power levels. I don't like the fact that at current my spells as any Mage job never get stronger as a result of my level. Just like none of my Physical attacks get stronger with physical stats, because as a weapon user I am 'reduced to the weapons damage'
If youre referring to your lvl 75 whm after all merit points are maxed...then your done...the end...go do stuff...unless your talking about things that can increase potency like uuhh... gear.
10. Having to rely on a team to do at least half of the stuff in the game from missions to quests to leveling
I wonder if this is a complaint in japan...ill look that up after this post. Let's see MMO...NOT SINGLE PLAYER ONLINE I WANNA PAY 12.99 A MONTH TO SPEND TIME BY MYSELF. Do you enjoy having the npc's in offline ff's too or do you want them to leave you alone also?
1. Unlock-able Race types or genders. Sure make me get to the game cap level, but reward me for it with the ability to make a brand new character of a race we either haven't seen before (or recently, playable Moogle anyone?) or maybe the extra rare opposite gender (like the Male Mithra).
LOLOLOL all I could do. LOLOLOLOL IRL LOLOLOL
2. Since this game appears to have the same 5 races in it that FFXI currently has, Perhaps allow a 'universe transfer' for those that choose to emigrate from FFXI to FFIV, but also allow us the ability to try it out first for a while.
What if you dont lilke it? You can TRY it out if you dont BUY it...and this doesnt make sense...what do you want same lvl jobs? or w/e ur thinking? If you know your gonna have to start over why not just make a new char? Why transfer anything over?
Allow the characters to actually grow in damage or combat effectiveness by allowing their spells or abilities to directly feed off their level stats. Yes this would mean that a player casting Holy at level 60 would do a lot more damage than a player casting Holy at level 40. Likewise a Sword Swipe at level 60 would do more than the same at level 40. Even using the same sword.
My 75 RDM does more damage w/ spells and any low lvl sword than a low level does. Do you cap your skills? or do you just not skill up at all?
4. Allow solo play so that standing around LFP, doesn't put the players to sleep. And allows parties to be a more enjoyable activity than something you are 'forced' to do
I think ive enjoyed all pties ive been in, with the horrible pties being the funniest b/c of noobs. You just stand there and look at screen waiting for a tell? At dune lvls which you could solo DC's, the only problem w/ that is peoples impatience. At higher lvls there is much you could be doing...getting up to dates on cs's for quests, soloing...helping friends etc.
8. Unfortunately Ps2 is not a supported platform. But I also don't want to see such a graphics intensive game, that My Chocobo Runs 3 steps forward and blinks back to 2 steps behind. Lag is not something I ever want to see again.
Isnt that an Internet Connection Problem? Or a server problem? Whats lag have to do w/ graphics? W/e I play on ps2 though so im sure graphics dont cause me to lag, prob. diff. for pc players.
Nyvissa (Mithra) Level 49 Red Mage/Warrior
rank 5 windurst
Whats all this nonsense about? LOL im sorry dude, you can take punches at my post if you want...w/e lol. RDM/WAR? @49? ooo k wait I see, these jobs are at 49 so your lvl 49RDM AND 49WAR ah I see.