Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
This Forum is Read Only

Would you like legal RMT in FFXIV?Follow

#102 Jun 09 2009 at 6:21 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
ahhh but as i stated i AM a patient person. being patient means you can do, or wait, or whatever, for long periods of time and not mind it. im a patient person, however i cant do dull things whether it be for 1 hour or 1 minute, nothing to do with patience <or at he very least very little> at least the way i think of patience. its more of me having ADD and needing, maybe not entertainment, but for what im doing to not be dull

and as for not liking the game, that couldnt be further from the truth. not liking one aspect of it isnt the same as not liking the game as a whole. and rather than have that one aspect frustrate you, most find it easier to get around it. others just dont have the time, in which case its not about being entertained, its not about patience, and its not about being frustrated and looking for loopholes, but about not having enough of the single most valuable resource in the world...time. and before you say "FFXI is a game that takes time and you dont have the time then you should find a game you do have time for" <wait did that sound rude, i dont mean it to be> well what if they dont have time for it, but enjoy it...enjoy it a lot. for that 30 minutes a day their on maybe thats the highlight of their day. im personally not going to suggest that they be barred from what gets them through the day because they dont have more time to put into it


and on the last part...wait wait wait, do you mean literally me. ok this has been going on for a while. i didnt mind it as examples or whatever but im no dedicated gil buyer nor do i promote it. i bought it in the beginning, but prefered getting stuff through quests...that and i found mining/black smithing quite soothing as well as profitable <not omg im rich profitable, but i got by without te need to buy> i mean it fits my criteria so well. fairly enjoyble, good way to use up time, and it made me money

am i cold hearted? to an extet i believe every human to be. selfish? same as before. thoughtless? i wouldnt say so

i dont like how this turned from a debate to questioning my character >_<

anyway i suppose overall i agree with you so we should be able to leve it at that. i think we've done all we can and at this point all we would really be doing is brining in personally beliefes and other things that we likely wouldnt be able to convince the other person of.

so basically im saying this: truce ^_^
#103 Jun 09 2009 at 6:26 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
hyakusen wrote:
anyway i suppose overall i agree with you so we should be able to leve it at that. i think we've done all we can and at this point all we would really be doing is brining in personally beliefes and other things that we likely wouldnt be able to convince the other person of.

so basically im saying this: truce ^_^


Trouble is, you say, "I didn't have time/it was too dull/yadda yadda yadda."

I say, "I hear ya, but you have to consider the impact that you had on other players."

And your response was basically, "Ya, but it was just too dull."

???

Ya, that's pretty much the definition of selfish, and you won't find too many people who will support your position.
#104 Jun 09 2009 at 6:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
70 posts
wow guys lol....

make all NM's popable using specific semi rare items dropped off normal mobs. just like the chocoboleech NO ONE camped that mob when i played, it was always open.

force spawn NMs + rare/ex only drops = no RMT's since buying great equips doesn't exist anymore.

all SE has to do it make every NM popable, decent equip rare/ex while at the same time give only the basics in shops.

don't want to grind of a specific item? fine then don't. go buy the cheap weaker ver of it from the store.
spending 20-30 mins hunting an item then going and killing a NM for a decent ra/ex item seems like an easy way to get decent gear and at the same time prevents over camping since its avaiable to everyone at any time of the day.

pretty much what im trying to get it as make all forms of NM's like the chocoboleech. popable anytime u want, easy to kill, great drops, all ra/ex. if ur willing to put in the time to farm the item then its all good.

Edited, Jun 9th 2009 10:37pm by Leyego
#105 Jun 09 2009 at 6:57 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Leyego wrote:
wow guys lol....

make all NM's popable using specific semi rare items dropped off normal mobs. just like the chocoboleech NO ONE camped that mob when i played, it was always open.

force spawn NMs + rare/ex only drops = no RMT's since buying great equips doesn't exist anymore.


No, that's not true. Other games incorporate minimal if any rare spawn mobs with highly sought after drops, but RMT is still present in those games. As long as there is something...anything...that players can spend in-game currency on, there will be RMT.
#106 Jun 09 2009 at 7:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
70 posts
thats a real head scratcher.

as long as there in game currecny RMT will presist since theres always something to buy, but at the same time removing it will upset many players.

i think if u elimate the need for massive amounts of cash rmts wont bother showing up.

if thats the case theres only one solution i can come up with.
go the way of other MMO's, make money so **** easy to get but limit it to what u can buy with it.

the problem with ff11 was that almost everything u did required gil.
#107 Jun 09 2009 at 9:18 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
AureliusSir wrote:
YesIndeed wrote:
Quote:
Ya, but a better alternative to buying gil would have simply been to find a game that was more to your liking as opposed to contributing to a problem that made the FFXI experience such a frustrating disappointment for such an extended length of time.


This is not really viable, as some people enjoy FFXI/Series in general, this comes down to poor game design, which from what I have read over the press release, is what SE is trying to fix with XI, keep in mind MMO is fairly new to japan, when SE created this there was little around over there and all they could do is base things on FF and Western MMO.


No, I'm sorry, that doesn't fly. You can't blame game design for behavior that creates consequences for your fellow players. If the game design is so poor, find another game.

I'm not sure about your part of the world, but the economy in my part of the world is in fairly rough shape. If I go out and mug some old lady and blame it on the state of the economy, do you think a judge is going to buy it? Nope.


You are missing the point though, there is quite a bit of poor game design in XI vs many other MMO out there, the economy is not SE's fault itself no, that is actually the player's fault and why RMT exist in the first place. That would be like saying you should not play the game because of the problems players have created, people are going to play if they want to and nobody has a right to tell anyone to leave a game they enjoy, nor do they have a right to tell them what to do with their money. I understand people may dislike RMT but this all comes back to the player base.

If people do not want RMT to exist or have such a hold on the economy, then 90% of the player base as soon as 14 comes out, and years to come, are going to have to jack all prices down, that is the only way for the economy to be fairly stable, and we all know that will never happen, because me, you and everyone else play these games to get high level, get high level rare/good gear, it's the NATURE of the game itself, so yea you can also blame the dev's for creating that situation in those items that exist. Again it is not 100% their fault, but when you create items that people strive towards that are hard to get, you create these problems, that warning message on XI when you start up is a complete joke, because that is exactly what happens with people.

A person should not have to give up playing a game they enjoy due to the bad economy, that is why people DO buy gil, so they can still have fun without dealing with the problems that the PLAYER base has created. Cause that does not fly either, it's like saying...I hate one aspect of x in this game, so I should just not play it, you cannot please everyone, but many things in XI ( in the old days ) did not exist in other mmo to that degree or with such things as extreme social interaction past lvl 14+ ( aside from bst etc ).

It would be much better and accurate for people to say "I don't like what some people do in this game because it's not how I want them to play so they should leave" that is what most people really mean, but it ain't going to happen and RMT will become a problem/economy eventually just like every other mmo that exists.
#108 Jun 09 2009 at 9:39 PM Rating: Good
*
139 posts
the in game economy was messed up by RMT. the prices got out of control when too much gil was pumped into the system, devaluing the currency. gil buyers didn't think twice about loose spending when the time implications involved in earning gil were removed by purchasin gil. the farmers and crafters are alot more prudent on how they spend their gil. if everyone was prudent, the market would have been highly competitive.
#109 Jun 09 2009 at 9:41 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
YesIndeed wrote:

You are missing the point though, there is quite a bit of poor game design in XI vs many other MMO out there, the economy is not SE's fault itself no, that is actually the player's fault and why RMT exist in the first place. That would be like saying you should not play the game because of the problems players have created, people are going to play if they want to and nobody has a right to tell anyone to leave a game they enjoy, nor do they have a right to tell them what to do with their money. I understand people may dislike RMT but this all comes back to the player base.


No, no I'm not missing the point. I am responsible for my behavior. You are responsible for your behavior. In a grown-up world, we don't get the luxury of being able to say that we broke the rules and created consequences for other people because the way other people were doing things didn't suit our liking. The only consequence to someone who bought gil had they decided to not buy gil is that they would remain on the same level playing field as every other player that chose not to buy gil, with their ability to earn an income measured based on the choices they made within the game and the time that they spent...just like everyone else.

If it was a case where the only thing that happened when a gil buyer bought gil was that they elevated themselves above the playerbase outside the rules of the game, I'd still think they were a twerp but that would be about the end of it. It's when you start to evaluate the environment it creates in the game that the non-gil buying population is forced to deal with that it crosses the line. Not only does a gil buyer get to bypass elements of the game and give themselves an illegitimate advantage over other players, they also make the game that much more difficult for the folks who don't buy gil.

I can't stop people from breaking the rules and making excuses about why it should be ok. I can't stop people from being selfish and helping to ruin the experience of other people because they're so hard done by that they're somehow entitled to an advantage.

In light of the consequences to the community as a whole as a result of RMT activity (very much to include people who buy game currency), that's all your rational justification amount to: excuses.

No reasonable person is going to be critical because you are short on time relative to other players. Nobody is going to be critical of you because you don't find the process involved in earning the rewards to be entertaining enough to be worthwhile. A reasonable person has every right to be critical of someone who creates a bad situation for a large group of people simply because they want what they haven't got the time/interest to earn. If you want it, follow the same process as anyone else does within the rules of the game, or go without. Those are the reasonable options. Anything else is crap.
#110 Jun 09 2009 at 10:20 PM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Uh I dunno about you, but FFXI is NOT the real world, it is a video game, an online one yes, and the only reason any of us pay money to play it is because SE forces us to since PS do not exist ( afaik ), what you are talking about applies to actual objective reality, not a bunch of laughable immature rules players or some developer tries to enforce in a fantasy world on a server.

Also you are defining it outside the rules of the game, if you want to get technical, the prices on AH are up to the players, that has nothing to do with the game rules, I could list a sniper ring for 500,000,000 and someone would buy it if that was the going price haha, the only difference with gil buying is you are paying someone what is complete chump change for what in game would be close to hitting the lottery irl, those prices are NOT create by the game, but by players, so again just point the finger to them, it's not going to change bro, I and many other are going to continue to pay real life money that is the price of a happy meal so we don't have to spend 1-2 months of real life time to buy some item that some kid jacks up to silly prices.

If you don't like it, how about you and all the other people set a new standard, start selling rare or in demand items at a low price, I mean if RMT bothers you that much then do you're part to stop it, it's being at the least constructive, either way it won't change what I and other people do with our money, we could care less about the ethics or comedy rules players pretend exist in a fantasy world.

Cause we all know FFXI is serious LMAO

Edited, Jun 10th 2009 2:26am by YesIndeed
#111 Jun 09 2009 at 10:33 PM Rating: Decent
*
58 posts
Unfortuantly, the only way to create a stable economy is to take the away the player's ability to effect it. Meaning, players will no longer have the ability to decide for themselves the value of any particular item.

The AH would have to change from being an auction house to more a pawn shop. You hand your item over to a NPC shopkeep, and they will place it for sale in their shop for you at a price they determine. If it sells, you get a cut of the profit.

Personal bazars would have a max ammount you can price any particular item, with each item having it's own max.

It would work like this, selling an item to a NPC would be the easiest/quickest but give the least ammount back. Placing it in the AH will gain more, but with no promices of an actual sale. Personal bazzars would give the most, but only so much, and it's up to you to sell the item.

As long as players control the economy, it will be doomed to fail. All it takes is the right ammount of greed and ignorance to distroy it, and the only ingrediant in that recipe is time.
#112 Jun 09 2009 at 10:43 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
YesIndeed wrote:
Uh I dunno about you, but FFXI is NOT the real world, it is a video game, an online one yes, and the only reason any of us pay money to play it is because SE forces us to since PS do not exist ( afaik ), what you are talking about applies to actual objective reality, not a bunch of laughable immature rules players or some developer tries to enforce in a fantasy world on a server.


Well, no. Because regardless of the fictional/virtual/ultimately unimportant nature of a videogame, the terms of service/terms of use you agreed to when you created your account is a very real legal agreement. It exists to protect the rights of the developer and to safeguard the players against behavior from their fellow players that might result in reduced enjoyment of the game.

Quote:
Also you are defining it outside the rules of the game, if you want to get technical, the prices on AH are up to the players, that has nothing to do with the game rules, I could list a sniper ring for 500,000,000 and someone would buy it if that was the going price haha, the only difference with gil buying is you are paying someone what is complete chump change for what in game would be close to hitting the lottery irl, those prices are NOT create by the game, but by players, so again just point the finger to them, it's not going to change bro, I and many other are going to continue to pay real life money that is the price of a happy meal so we don't have to spend 1-2 months of real life time to buy some item that some kid jacks up to silly prices.


Ya, but I guess what you seem to be missing is that there are no rules governing how much in-game currency you can charge for in-game items. There are rules against using real money to buy in-game currency. It's the nature of a free market economy; if you have the rights to it, you are entitled to sell it for any amount of your choosing. Other people have the right to decide whether they want to pay the price you're asking.

Quote:
If you don't like it, how about you and all the other people set a new standard, start selling rare or in demand items at a low price, I mean if RMT bothers you that much then do you're part to stop it, it's being at the least constructive, either way it won't change what I and other people do with our money, we could care less about the ethics or comedy rules players pretend exist in a fantasy world.


I guess that means you're just a twit and your opinion has no merit. Doesn't bother me at all. Buy your in-game currency and get your account banned if that's what you need to do. It's really your choice...play within the rules and retain your entitlement to play the game, or break the rules and lose that entitlement. Kind of hard to justify how buying game currency with real money allows you to enjoy the game more when it causes you to lose the ability to play the game at all. Smart investment, too...why not just burn your money? You'll achieve the same result without helping to disrupt the economy for the other players.
#113 Jun 09 2009 at 10:48 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
sillymuppet wrote:
As long as players control the economy, it will be doomed to fail. All it takes is the right ammount of greed and ignorance to distroy it, and the only ingrediant in that recipe is time.


There are ways for a developer to tune access to sought-after items that can help manage the economy. If they make an item that is exceptionally powerful, exceptionally rare, and able to be sold in a free market, the price is always going to be ludicrous. Tune access to too many items that way and offer little if anything by way of alternative and things have a tendency to get out of hand. There's nothing wrong with powerful, rare items that can be sold...there just have to be alternatives so that "the best" never becomes the standard because there's nothing else close to it. The wealthy players who have the time to invest in earning a fortune love stuff like that...and they're welcome to it as far as I'm concerned. As long as I have other alternatives that allow me to perform my role in a group to a reasonable standard, I don't care what the wealthy players do...as long as their wealth is derived from legitimate means.
#114 Jun 09 2009 at 10:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
**** TO THE NO!!!
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#115 Jun 09 2009 at 11:15 PM Rating: Default
8 posts
LOL I sign the TOS simply so I can play, while I don't bot or anything major cheating like that, I do buy gil here and there, what's the big deal ? SE does not care about you or me, why should I care about them ? cause someone say's it is illegal ? who cares, it's not like you are robbing a bank or murdering someone, you are simply breaking a minor bs rule they have created so you keep playing longer so they keep getting you're money.

There is a huge difference between that and some moron actually cheating by botting or trying to intentionally hurt other people.

Just because you or other people do not agree with my opinion does not make people like me bad, we just don't give a crap about player created rules or silly things in a tos.

Again it is not real world, so there is no logical reason to care.
#116 Jun 10 2009 at 12:46 AM Rating: Good
**
572 posts
YesIndeed wrote:
LOL I sign the TOS simply so I can play, while I don't bot or anything major cheating like that, I do buy gil here and there, what's the big deal ? SE does not care about you or me, why should I care about them ? cause someone say's it is illegal ? who cares, it's not like you are robbing a bank or murdering someone, you are simply breaking a minor bs rule they have created so you keep playing longer so they keep getting you're money.

There is a huge difference between that and some moron actually cheating by botting or trying to intentionally hurt other people.

Just because you or other people do not agree with my opinion does not make people like me bad, we just don't give a crap about player created rules or silly things in a tos.

Again it is not real world, so there is no logical reason to care.


No official RMT in game please, end of discussion.
#117 Jun 10 2009 at 1:20 AM Rating: Default
**
424 posts
Quote:

No, no I'm not missing the point. I am responsible for my behavior. You are responsible for your behavior. In a grown-up world, we don't get the luxury of being able to say that we broke the rules and created consequences for other people because the way other people were doing things didn't suit our liking. The only consequence to someone who bought gil had they decided to not buy gil is that they would remain on the same level playing field as every other player that chose not to buy gil, with their ability to earn an income measured based on the choices they made within the game and the time that they spent...just like everyone else.


Funny you say this, the community is responsible for its behavior, and the game developer can't control this.

But on other threads you whine about how certain jobs aren't welcome into endgame events. It is the programmer's fault that BSTs were rejected by the community as an endgame job. It is the Programmer's fault that you can't play a Melee Blm in sky.

You are full of contradictions, and I hate that it is on a RMT thread that I have to call you out on it, since I agree with everything you said on this thread.

But you can't blame the community for something on one thread, then blame the programmers for a community based decision on another at the same time.

****, I don't even care anymore, do as you like. Nobody is going to read or care about this thread anyways.

By the time this game actually comes out, the only thing people will care about will be the threads that actually posted theories that could be related to the game.

That said, thanks for your positive input on the armor thread, lets keep it that way there.

But I am calling BS here.
____________________________
Administrator Kaolian:
"Quote it correctly or don't quote it. That's called "how people get banned"..."

Actually it's called "Libel"... and only if it is fabricated, but hey, you are the admin.

AureliusSir the Irrelevant:
"They're on a tangent, but they aren't off topic."
#118 Jun 10 2009 at 3:29 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
For my self i don't mind RMT seriously ,one thing that i do hate is the price , economie inflation and the only solutionSE got it is to put(fix) a maximum price for every single item in the game. In the AH if someone really want to make sure his stuff sell faster he can always put it at a lower price. By doing so i thing this is the only real way to stop the inflation of the ingame economie. But SE should keep banning RMT otherwise we will still see over camping NM.

My two cents.



P.S Sorry for my bad english i'm french

Edited, Jun 10th 2009 7:30am by Gurlokovich
____________________________
Why not? Tabarnak
#119 Jun 10 2009 at 3:31 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
The thing is that earning gil or farming has little to do with a player's skill.

I know people bawww about gil buying and resorting to ignorant crap like someone is noob or stupid or this and that because they choose to do this, but the fact remains, gil farming has little to do with a players skill.

Anyone with enough real life time, can in effect farm the gil they need in order to purchase items, the problem though is that the time it takes does not really feel rewarding or fun, in XI anyway. If it was some super rare or highly sought after item ( something that maybe 3-5 people have on a server ), I can understand having a high price on that, but in XI, normally people would jack up prices on gear that was virtually required to xp in an efficient way, SE is also to blame for not quickly making quests to help lower the prices on certain items like this.

I dunno if it is still needed, but anyone who did not have at least 1 haubergeon ( who could wear it ) and 2x snipers past 60 would run into huge problems with tp and hitting mobs, these were never godly items, simply items people needed, same with SHarness, yet the prices were unreal for the average player who might actually level quickly, have fun and know what they are doing, those players should not have to farm for weeks in order to level in a game and have fun, yet SE know's some will spend weeks farming, and hence keep extending their monthly fee.

So yea they are to blame partly, at the least they could have made snipers that had 1 less acc that people could quest, and a rare ex hauby too, I mean it's not like we are talking about adaman hauberks or something, it's simply basic needed gear for certain jobs.

I never personally felt any different or rewarded for farming my gil/items when I did vs buying them, because I lived to lvl, do quests, help random players, and simply enjoy the world of V.
#120 Jun 10 2009 at 6:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
70 posts
@yesindeed

thats exactly what i want SE to do.

make basic gear buyable from npcs or questable. give ppl an option of a greater quailty gear but make them work for it.

just because u don't got time to farm massive amounts of cash doesn't mean u can't atleast have the basic gear to function in a party of solo.

making all gear except the basics ra/ex and giving basics thru npcs will get rid of most of the RMT's in ff11 since theres no point in camping mobs for it if they can't sell it.

when i played at most 3 parties camped shikigami weapon sometimes there was no one. imagine what it would be like if that robe wasn't /ex.
#121 Jun 10 2009 at 6:38 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
166 posts
We dont need rmt.
What we need is competition between the player base and the NPC's in regards to the economy. NPC's should be able to track auction houses and bazars and be able to sell the same items at various times at lower prices to keep the economy from turning into some capitalist nation of greedy gobbies!!

I hate that within the community of players were I feel we should be helping each other obtain goals that it seems there are all these filthy rich players because they have overcharged and raped the people they play with for gear.

The only way I can see to curb the greedy players is to have NPC's under sell them and, make crafting and getting materials easy for anyone to obtain.
____________________________
Nightslayer:
Sylph: San d'Oria: Rank9: Hume: SMN:Lv.75.
[Geocrush][Heavenly Strike][Thunderstorm Lv.5][Meteor Strike][Wind Blade][Grand Fall]
[SummoningMagic Lv.8][DIABOLOS]
LFG:COP 5-3, SAN D'ORIA 9-2
#122 Jun 10 2009 at 6:43 AM Rating: Default
8 posts
Yes this npc thing is an excellent idea, if I remember right SE at one time gave an rough estimate or price range of what many items should actually cost. vs what players actually charge on the AH.

Undercut the greedy sob's yea I really love the sound of that, it would be interesting to see, people wasting tax money to try and inflate, then npc's selling them at half or something, would be a huge kick in the teeth to greedy sob's and rmt.
#123 Jun 10 2009 at 7:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
363 posts
I play Kingdom of Loathing, which has monthly Items you can buy with "rewards" from donating, called Mr. Accessories. These Mr. Accessories sell in their equivalent of an AH for hefty amounts of their currency, but they still sell. The primary reason they exist is to promote people to donate with a free-to-play game that has more areas than FFXI, monthly new quests and releases, and revolutionary coding that takes an entire staff working entirely off those donations. There are people that NEVER have donated, but farm their brains out to buy Mr. As from the "AH" to have the item of the month. The Mr. A's move currency around promoting a healthy economy, and when a Mr. A is "used" it is gone, a "gilsink" of sorts.

In FFXI we pay a monthly fee, so i doubt anyone is just randomly sending SE money for no reason to keep them afloat. If SE were to release in-game items you could buy (I do not, nor will I ever condone buying gil because economically it destroys everything...think germany post-wwII when they printed more money) then the items either have to be collector's trinkets like statues of behe or kirin or whatever for your mog house, or they need to be gear that can be bought and sold on the AH, thus promoting economic transactions. The "best" way I have seen it in KoL is an item that is TECHNICALLY not any stronger than something you can get without a Mr.A, but it has some novelty to it. In FFXI that could be like the ACP gear that all of you bought for 10 dollars, cuz you sure wern't buying a storyline :-p

There will ALWAYS be the guy that buys 100 of those items and sells them for gil, but it is the same gil that is cycling around, not "I npc'd 4 million moat carps to then trade you the gil" or even worse "SE made this gil to hand to you" which would be the case if SE sanctioned it, remember post wwII germany.

Bottom line, I would have no issue with in-game items purchasable online for real money as long as they are not R/EX, not "the absolute best gear available", or literally trinkets. Just make them
1. look amazing
or
2. Have a really cool effect that isn't game-breaking like the tidal talismand or the the nomad shield
____________________________
Mains:
75 Ninja/75 White Mage/75 Dancer/50 Samurai/51 Bard/93.1 Clothcraft/25 Goldsmithing

Subs:
37 Warrior/37 Dark Knight/30 Thief/30 PUP/37 Black Mage/28 Monk/everything else 5-15
#124 Jun 10 2009 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,576 posts
Shazaamemt wrote:
Quote:

No, no I'm not missing the point. I am responsible for my behavior. You are responsible for your behavior. In a grown-up world, we don't get the luxury of being able to say that we broke the rules and created consequences for other people because the way other people were doing things didn't suit our liking. The only consequence to someone who bought gil had they decided to not buy gil is that they would remain on the same level playing field as every other player that chose not to buy gil, with their ability to earn an income measured based on the choices they made within the game and the time that they spent...just like everyone else.


Funny you say this, the community is responsible for its behavior, and the game developer can't control this.

But on other threads you whine about how certain jobs aren't welcome into endgame events. It is the programmer's fault that BSTs were rejected by the community as an endgame job. It is the Programmer's fault that you can't play a Melee Blm in sky.


If you're going to look for an argument every time you see my name, at least make sure that you haven't got me confused with someone else. It was another poster that expressed concern over those things.
#125 Jun 10 2009 at 8:40 AM Rating: Good
*
139 posts
i loved making gil. everyday i play i set aside an hour or so at the end of my session to fill up my AH slots with whatever i can. my four mules, too. so i didn't farm enough that day? i'd buy stuff from NPCs and sell it at the AH for a premium. people bought it, too. all the time. even when i pushed the prices higher. i built a fortune off of people's unwillingness to find the NPC selling their crafting items.

the AH works very much like a real life free market economy. i've taken enough econ classes to recognize that. RMT is why gil has been devalued so much. you can't argue any other way. i completely understand why people buy gil but it ruined the in game economy. the main way to fix the economy is to crack down hard on RMT.
#126 Jun 10 2009 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
***
1,596 posts
Straight gil? **** no. Anyone else remember all the horror stories that Asura had because everyone bought gil?

If they sold trivial items that you can get by without(See Tidal Talisman) for a decent price, then yea sure I wouldn't mind it too much.
____________________________
FFXI: Ragnus Rondain of Phoenix Nin 75,Whm 75,Rng 43 (Retired 5/21/10)
FFXIV: Noemi Rondain of Saronia Arc/Mnr/Pug (On hold until the game stops sucking)
WoW: Ishkabibble of Antonidas Orcish Hunter of 17th level (Kinda active)

Allakhazam's Rating System: Simplified

If you post with the majority opinion: Rate Up
If you post against the majority opinion: Rate Down
If you post against the majority opinion but make a good argument: Slight Rate Down
#127 Jun 10 2009 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
*
242 posts
Absolutely not. RMT is lame. They're the whole reason I hate most MMO's. I quit FFXI with over 300,000,000 gil worth of assets, and I earned every one of those gils by having three level 100 crafts and sub crafts capped at 60+3. Gil should be easier to make, though.
____________________________
Character name: Undecided
Race: Lalafell
Nation: Gridania
Armoury: Desciple of Magic/Land/Hand
PS3 user
PSN: TheJollyJokers
XBOX Live: TheJollyJokers
#128 Jun 11 2009 at 3:25 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
83 posts
Having legal RMT in FFXIV may be the one thing that will make this game turn bitterly sour to me. I will not support it and I believe SE themselves have said they're not keen on the idea. It is a game, and yes SE might toss in a few things to test our patience, but show me that an item is attainable by hardwork and I will be happy to strive for it.

Remember, it is a game not a business for self gratification.
____________________________
This is my future FFXIV Character and this is his theme...at least that's the tentative plan. Yep. (Concept Art of Rasler by the legendary Akihiko Yoshida) I asked for the Qiqirn to be added in FFXIV since October 2009 and we now have them! Yessss!


[ffxivsig]1690381[/ffxivsig]
1 2 3 Next »
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 90 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (90)