Also, as there seems to be a few WoW players here who seem to want a lot of WoW like stuff in FFXIV, I want to ask you a question, why can't you just keep playing WoW? I'm repeating myself here, but I'll say it again. WoW will for sure be updated and expanded for several years still and they won't change the gameplay. WoW still has all that stuff you're clearly looking for and hoping FFXIV have, so what's the problem, you already have your game.
And I'm not ******** here (for the first time probably), but just finding it weird that there are people suggesting not only minor upgrades to FFXIV that WoW has, but clearly wanting FFXIV to have many things similar with WoW, what's the point? WoW is already there, let them make a new game with new kind of stuff. I'm already accepting the fact that it will not be another FFXI, but something all new. And I'm looking into that, in stead of trying to suggest them to add half of the stuff in WoW, maybe you should just wait and see what it will be like.
Also I'm pretty sure that since they've been working on FFXIV for years already, they already have some plans how the gameplay and all that stuff will be
Well this thread is still going, and there are still posts like this being made. The WoW players here are actually also FFXI players, and I'd really like people like you to stop trying to put me in this little box of being a single game player. I'm not only on the WoW side of camp. I play both, I'm bi-game, and I'd like XIV to be something greater than both WoW and FFXI. It seems that those of you who are only on the XI side of camp cannot fathom that there are people who actually enjoy BOTH games and BOTH developers.
You know what the biggest thing that folks like us are asking for is? Options
Options is something that XI is sorely lacking and we don't want to see SE make a mistake by limiting Options
1. Options for UI customization (regardless of platform, it would be nice to pick and choose what I want to see. HP bars for a healer, TP bars for a DD, etc. instead of one size fits all)
2. Options for leveling my character, instead of:
- Kill an EP mob in a zone that I have no business even being in for 50 xp a piece with ring if I'm lucky because I can't actually kill EM+ without getting my *** handed to me (FoV, Level Sync, and Campaign-like things were huge wins, but too little too late for XI and come with their own drawbacks i.e. skillup issues, so you still *have* to party or you are so behind you might as well not even exist)
- Wait anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 days for a party depending on my class to group with people I may or may not get along with, all to chain the same freaking mobs over and over for 2-however many hours
3. Options to get my gear pieces instead of the current:
- Camp x mob by yourself anywhere from 2 hours to 20 days depending on how lucky you are (to get the claim AND the drop), whether you can kill it by yourself, and/or your friends' availability
- Pay Kindred Seals or Beastmen Seals to do an "instanced" NM that you need to have x setup for and will only get a small *chance* that you will get what you want out of it, if you manage to win (really the difficulty level on some of them is beyond belief)
- Join an end game group and pray that it stays together long enough for you to get something worthwhile out of it. Lots of stories of people who join a group and invest a lot of time into it only to have the leaders get everything they wanted and then break the shell without a word. Not everyone, but enough for it to be discouraging to newer players who don't have the rep/jobs/**** sucking that gets them into the super elite shells.
Basically there are lots of areas where this new game can get it right, coming out of the gate. It doesn't have to copy WoW to get it right, and just because there are some suggestions regarding what WoW *did* do right floating around, it doesn't mean you have to get so militant and close your mind to possibilities because you see it as a threat. That's what a heck of a lot of you are doing though, it seems. You read the first few lines of a post, see the letters W o W in it, and automatically assume it's a WoW fangirl slinging mud at the game that you love, when that couldn't be further from the truth.
FFXI has a lot of great elements, but a little more choice
will go a long way in building a larger fanbase.
Otherwise, we'll see the same thing happen that basically happened with XI. Only the "hard core" sticking with XIV and the rest playing other games, and I don't think that's SE goal no matter how much you want to believe you are the only ones who are important.
One thing I learned in wow was that 'Pulling' abilities that were available on the rouge and hunter classes were largely ignored by the populac
And this is one thing that I would not miss. I swear no other game better ever implement a Rogue class because this has to be the most annoying thing on the ******* planet :p