Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

SE, if you put pet jobs in your game, treat them right.Follow

#1 Jun 03 2009 at 6:57 PM Rating: Excellent
I realize that pet jobs are harder for you to balance in your current system in FFXI. All I'm asking as you integrate them into your design for the new game from the start so they won't be so difficult to fix and improve to match other non pet using jobs. (I'd love a pet tanking job!)

Oh, and a good mix of pvp and pve with two separate mechanic systems for balance reasons.

If you nail those two things, you'll at the very least have one very happy customer.
____________________________
Bst 75, Rdm 75
#2 Jun 03 2009 at 7:39 PM Rating: Good
**
923 posts
I'll drink to that, but it's just hot tea ~_^
#3 Jun 03 2009 at 7:58 PM Rating: Good
***
1,457 posts
Quote:
I'll drink to that, but it's just hot tea ~_^

better do something about that! wait, I thought I was in the monk forums. nvm cheers!
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#4 Jun 03 2009 at 8:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,141 posts
Blacktuesday wrote:
I realize that pet jobs are harder for you to balance in your current system in FFXI. All I'm asking as you integrate them into your design for the new game from the start so they won't be so difficult to fix and improve to match other non pet using jobs.


Cue Mellowy...
____________________________
.
#5 Jun 03 2009 at 8:04 PM Rating: Good
**
829 posts
Endgame linkshell leader wrote:
We need BSTs bad! If anyone knows any BSTs please invite them!


Will it happen? Hopefully SE puts a BST-like job or ability into the game. There's a whole community based on that job alone.
____________________________
Tauu Aori
Lalafell
WHM
Sargatanas
#6 Jun 03 2009 at 8:25 PM Rating: Decent
**
697 posts
I'm sure they will be good to pet jobs.

The reason why some pet jobs (SMN) weren't overhauled the way the userbase wanted is because S-E had a design philosophy around those jobs, and while they could be tweaked and enhanced, they were also constricted by job specific gear traits. I'm sure they learned what worked and what didn't and have a nice blank slate to go from in this game.
____________________________
FFXI: Odin - Merylstryfe Summoner Woo Hoo!


#7 Jun 03 2009 at 8:56 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,987 posts
TauuOfSiren wrote:
Endgame linkshell leader wrote:
We need BSTs bad! If anyone knows any BSTs please invite them!


Will it happen? Hopefully SE puts a BST-like job or ability into the game. There's a whole community based on that job alone.


For that to happen the job(s) will need to be extremely different from FFXI, practically all new jobs. Only thing I would see BST keeping is Charm, and they can even get rid of Charm and instead use Capture (like the Tamer in FFV) so we use monsters the same way we use Jug pets in FFXI, except these would be free (and probably more powerful).
____________________________
=10 is about My Little Pony.
Some people say I'm the DEVIL.
Aluus wrote:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EVIL EVIL *******!!!!!!!!

KaneIsthara wrote:
You are the devil. Now it's gonna happen.

Kaolian wrote:
Also Tofu. We totally ban over Tofu as well.

My Brute - Valiarius
#8 Jun 03 2009 at 9:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,465 posts
If S-E uses a similar system, they'll need to make pet jobs very powerful to keep the community perception from going south. That's the problem with pretty much all the pet jobs in FFXI, the community is dumb. All the pet jobs work and work well but because of the way they community developed, they're viewed as weak despite having strong talents and applications. I say make us overpowered, ***** them Samurais!
#9 Jun 03 2009 at 10:35 PM Rating: Good
***
2,987 posts
Shouta wrote:
If S-E uses a similar system, they'll need to make pet jobs very powerful to keep the community perception from going south. That's the problem with pretty much all the pet jobs in FFXI, the community is dumb. All the pet jobs work and work well but because of the way they community developed, they're viewed as weak despite having strong talents and applications. I say make us overpowered, ***** them Samurais!


And be the first ones to get nerfed? No thanks, as many problems as BST had from the start that December 2005 MPK nerf has still left a sour flavor for me.
____________________________
=10 is about My Little Pony.
Some people say I'm the DEVIL.
Aluus wrote:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU EVIL EVIL *******!!!!!!!!

KaneIsthara wrote:
You are the devil. Now it's gonna happen.

Kaolian wrote:
Also Tofu. We totally ban over Tofu as well.

My Brute - Valiarius
#10 Jun 03 2009 at 11:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,465 posts
OmegaTyrant wrote:
And be the first ones to get nerfed? No thanks, as many problems as BST had from the start that December 2005 MPK nerf has still left a sour flavor for me.


The MPK change? It was a nerf and a boost at the same time if you ask me but eh, that's old stuff we don't need to argue about.

Eh, overpowered in the eyes of SE is what I really mean. Overpowered in the eyes of the community is different than overpowered in the eyes of SE. I mean, when you look at PUP, it's a job that can perform just as well as other DDs, particularly in SE's view it would seem but the player community at large looks at it as gimped.

Edited, Jun 4th 2009 1:31am by Shouta
#11 Jun 04 2009 at 12:20 AM Rating: Good
**
517 posts
I like the idea of pet jobs... but I think FFxi was really boring in the pet area.. sure you had some choices, but as a pet dependent job they never really "grow" or "evolve"

Examples for this;
Dragoon - From lvl 1 you and ur weak looking wyvern take on all thats in front of you, as you grow you gain new spells and abilities, new armour and weapons. your "Buddy" on the other hand looks like the sorry dragon it did when you started, it gets some abilities, but nothing to say "Hey im a ?? level dragon now!"

Beastmaster - Same thing as Dragoon, well I know you always switch pets, I would like to see a more. "Pokemon trainer" you can have a few pets, and train each one to be stronger or grow, maybee from a small tiger cub to a full out mystic looking thing? maybee just an idea.

Puppetmaster seems to be doing good for this, you can change armour and such, and for a puppet it seems to have more personality than living pets... lol.. Im not going to much into this since I don't know much about the PUP job.

well thats a jist of what I was thinking ^^
____________________________
Name: Toorima
Main Job: THF
Server: Hades
Linkshell: NoIdea
Guild job: Alchemy
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)