Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Quests I hope....Follow

#1 Jun 05 2009 at 5:52 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,076 posts
I really hope they put a little more meat into the quests and that the info they give is a little more leading in the direction of where you are supposed to go.

ffxi quests

1. Start Quest with Starting Quest NPC
2. Alt + Tab to Explorer
3. Pull up Alla and look up Quest
4. do /facepalm cuase Start NPC was talking about Quads and you need to go Kill Orcs to complete
5. ???
6. Reward
____________________________
ScarShiva wrote:
Disclaimer: There seem to be a lot of PLDs on this board who get upset when I have the nerve to suggest things like wearing Peacock Charm full-time in XP is preferable over Shield Torque, Parade Gorget is a macro piece only, Tacos are worthless, Loquacious Earring > Boxer's Mantle for PLD/NIN, Polearm is a crock of **** for PLD, and all other types of heresy.

Get bent.
#2 Jun 05 2009 at 5:55 AM Rating: Good
**
257 posts
I do agree with you but at least the quests were better than the typical mmorpg quests where you have to go here and kill 10 of this enemy. But hopefully they do make the quests better and expand on it. I'm sure they will.
____________________________
FFXI(retired 04/2006): Epedemicoptikz, Phoenix Server, 75 SAM/NIN/WAR

#3 Jun 05 2009 at 5:59 AM Rating: Good
***
3,416 posts
The quests are fine, most of them got cutscenes even

Just make the rewards better and it'll be awesome~
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#4 Jun 05 2009 at 7:17 AM Rating: Decent
Hyanmen wrote:
The quests are fine, most of them got cutscenes even

Just make the rewards better and it'll be awesome~


Many of the cutscenes were just short of impossible to know where to go or who to talk to without looking up the quest online. Once started, the quests were often fun, but not having to look stuff up outside of game for completely non-obvious stuff would be a great improvement.
____________________________
Vawn (Rank 10 San d'Oria Bastok Windurst)
All jobs 75
Amanomurakumo

My 5-Box FFXI Setup (Pictures)
SoullessSoliders Adventures
#5 Jun 05 2009 at 7:42 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,416 posts
Quote:
Many of the cutscenes were just short of impossible to know where to go or who to talk to without looking up the quest online. Once started, the quests were often fun, but not having to look stuff up outside of game for completely non-obvious stuff would be a great improvement.


Aye, that's something they should look into. Although I think going too far wouldn't be that good either.. like having a giant arrow pointing out where to go or marked on minimap etc.

Give hints or clues or something so that you can figure it out yourself without looking it up online or asking friends, but don't make it too simple either.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#6 Jun 05 2009 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
***
1,076 posts
yes I agree; i dont want to be told directly, but pointed in the right direction.

If the quest starter tells me he is looking for his long lost baseball card of Shoeless Joe can you help me find it

I would have liked to of known that it is long lost because u got beat up by pack of wild rabbits and thats how you lost it.. or you lost it while traveling through the forest of endor.

Just give me something so that i am encouraged to figure this out myself.

FFXI was considered a Grind out your levels because doing quests really was impossible to figure out and trying to figure them out on your own was a waste of time.

____________________________
ScarShiva wrote:
Disclaimer: There seem to be a lot of PLDs on this board who get upset when I have the nerve to suggest things like wearing Peacock Charm full-time in XP is preferable over Shield Torque, Parade Gorget is a macro piece only, Tacos are worthless, Loquacious Earring > Boxer's Mantle for PLD/NIN, Polearm is a crock of **** for PLD, and all other types of heresy.

Get bent.
#7 Jun 05 2009 at 8:50 AM Rating: Decent
**
621 posts
Please dont make quests like in World of Warcraft, LOTR online etc. The "Go to the field outside the town and kill 10 wolves, as they are eating my pigs"- kind of quests are so boring after you've done 100 of them.
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#8 Jun 05 2009 at 9:35 AM Rating: Decent
I agree 100% with the previous post. I thought FFXI's quest were good, they just need to make them less obscure so you dont' have to search the internet to find out how to do it. If i had to choose between the two, i'd choose FFXI's currently.

I also don't want experience just for stumbling into a forest i've never been to before.


"Nothing worth doing is ever easy." saying fits this quest model perfectly.
#9 Jun 05 2009 at 9:45 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,353 posts
Quote:
Please dont make quests like in World of Warcraft, LOTR online etc. The "Go to the field outside the town and kill 10 wolves, as they are eating my pigs"- kind of quests are so boring after you've done 100 of them.
It was worse than this. You finish the quest and you get this "Oh, goodness! Thanks so much fo--- OH NO!1 A new species! Go kill 15!!" Finish that.. "Oh, thanks so much! Here's a ridiculous amount of experience! If you'd like to get more, go collect 5 items that are right beside me and not hidden at all. Thanks again!

Quote:
I really hope they put a little more meat into the quests and that the info they give is a little more leading in the direction of where you are supposed to go.

ffxi quests

1. Start Quest with Starting Quest NPC
2. Alt + Tab to Explorer
3. Pull up Alla and look up Quest
4. do /facepalm cuase Start NPC was talking about Quads and you need to go Kill Orcs to complete
5. ???
6. Reward
You didn't have to look up how to do them. Someone had to figure it out first. Alla quest guides weren't published by SE. I get what you mean, but I really don't want to see quest arrows, markers, or anything like that. Just good old fashioned hints.
____________________________
I will wake up at six a.m. again.
and I will find my way to the front door
like a soldier crawling through the smoking carnage.
smoldering bodies at my feet,
I'd love to stick around, but I've got someone to meet.
and I will put my best foot forward.
and I'll thank god I made it out of there
on the day when my new friends come.
#10 Jun 06 2009 at 8:05 AM Rating: Good
***
1,076 posts
By no means do i want the npc to tell me where to go and what i have to do... if the npc had that much informaton WTF didnt they just go get themselves.

I just want some kind of a lead that leads me in the right direction...
____________________________
ScarShiva wrote:
Disclaimer: There seem to be a lot of PLDs on this board who get upset when I have the nerve to suggest things like wearing Peacock Charm full-time in XP is preferable over Shield Torque, Parade Gorget is a macro piece only, Tacos are worthless, Loquacious Earring > Boxer's Mantle for PLD/NIN, Polearm is a crock of **** for PLD, and all other types of heresy.

Get bent.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 22 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (22)