Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Favorite FF VillainFollow

#1 Jul 12 2009 at 8:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
349 posts
This is ff related so I decided to throw it in here. Whats your Fave FF villain? I cant make polls but honestly theres so many of them.

Mine is Kefka. Yea Sephiroth killed Aeris... but Kefka he murdered an entire kingdom before he destroyed the world... most villains try and conquer the world.. he did it. And his laugh was awesome.
____________________________
That was no hemroid doctor. That was an alien hoobajoob
#2 Jul 12 2009 at 8:13 PM Rating: Good
7 posts
Kefka. He's a clown. And clowns are great for evil. And he actually won for the most part. He attained godly power and devastated the surface of the world and ran the world's oceans red with the blood of those that died. And yes, the laugh is so iconic and great!
#3 Jul 12 2009 at 8:38 PM Rating: Excellent
*
90 posts
Mine is Kefka first, especially is 'God' form. Only villian so far to obtain Godhood (sorry Seph, you didn't quite make it). After that I like Emperor Maetus, I like how he managed to summon demons from **** to conquer the world, then after he was killed became the Emperor of **** anyway. God and Satan, both evil guys, what's not to like?
#4 Jul 12 2009 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
107 posts
Ultimecia is my favorite villain.
____________________________
We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland
#5 Jul 12 2009 at 10:06 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,000 posts
Though he was a minor villain, I always thought Lugae from FFIV was pretty nasty...

His experiments turned Edge's parents into monsters that Edge himself then had to destroy. Not cool.
____________________________
#6 Jul 12 2009 at 10:07 PM Rating: Decent
**
424 posts
KEFKA!!!

Nothing scarier than an evil clown.
____________________________
Administrator Kaolian:
"Quote it correctly or don't quote it. That's called "how people get banned"..."

Actually it's called "Libel"... and only if it is fabricated, but hey, you are the admin.

AureliusSir the Irrelevant:
"They're on a tangent, but they aren't off topic."
#7 Jul 12 2009 at 10:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
349 posts
Quote:
Though he was a minor villain, I always thought Lugae from FFIV was pretty nasty...

His experiments turned Edge's parents into monsters that Edge himself then had to destroy. Not cool.


That was messed up.



Edited, Jul 13th 2009 5:49am by mezlabor
____________________________
That was no hemroid doctor. That was an alien hoobajoob
#8 Jul 13 2009 at 12:27 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*****
10,359 posts
Think I'll have to go with the sentient tree: Exdeath.

I feel bad for him. I mean, he was a ******* tree.
____________________________
Please use the multigame forum. We always need new posters

paulsol wrote:
I always picture Pensive as a gently pulsating disembodied brain floating in a tank of liquid nutrients.
#9 Jul 13 2009 at 1:11 AM Rating: Good
***
1,159 posts
I know this is the ultimate FF cliche but Sephiroth is without a doubt my favorite FF villain. The only thing I have to complain about is the manner in which he was defeated...it was rather lacking.
#10 Jul 13 2009 at 1:47 AM Rating: Good
Probably Ultimacea followed by Rubicant, maybe then followed by Chaos/Garland and his time loop. Though Golblez was not bad either, neither Kefka for that matter, he's up there too. Sephieroth was malevolent and ominous, but he was a pretty linear character. Not that Ulimecia wasn't, but she was just a little more... evil.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#11 Jul 13 2009 at 1:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
353 posts
I might have my sexuality questioned for this, but I thought Kuja was a pretty cool villain, alien psychos who want to play everyone off against each other and not get their hands dirty are my kinds of villains. Also I enjoy the fact he succeeded in destroying one planet, and almost killed everything everywhere.

Oh, and he was a monkey.

EDIT: Oh, and my second would have to be kefka, partly because of the similarities between him and pup in terms of outfits, partly because he's awesome.
Though since I've been playing dissidia Ive taken a liking to the emperor for cosmetic reasons too :D

Edited, Jul 13th 2009 5:53am by Dlaqev
#12 Jul 13 2009 at 3:14 AM Rating: Excellent
******
48,708 posts
Garland.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 Jul 13 2009 at 4:17 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*****
10,359 posts
Well Kuja certainly was the most powerful villain in final fantasy, but I don't know about the depth of his character. Was good at manipulating though.

If Beatrix counts as a villain then she's the winner of this contest, though she probably doesn't count.
____________________________
Please use the multigame forum. We always need new posters

paulsol wrote:
I always picture Pensive as a gently pulsating disembodied brain floating in a tank of liquid nutrients.
#14 Jul 13 2009 at 4:22 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,417 posts
I really enjoyed Kuja as a character. He had the whole narcissism down to a tee.

I really enjoyed the gaia/terra thing too :)
____________________________
There's no such thing as a saint without a history.
#15 Jul 13 2009 at 7:31 AM Rating: Excellent
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Warmech yet.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#16 Jul 13 2009 at 8:39 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,246 posts
How could we get this far without mentioning Scarlet!

/*********

I always thought the whole idea of Shuyin was pretty cool too, he was subtle yet obvious at the same time...

If I had to pick a favourite though, it would definately be Brahne, my reason being the deep connection we make with her, hating her right up until the end of Disk 2, and then somehow, that feeling is instantly reversed, it was probably the first time I ever felt sad for a video game character dying (keeping in mind this was the first FF I played)
____________________________
Meowth!
#17 Jul 13 2009 at 8:42 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
Kefka for sure.

Hwahwahwahwahwahwa!

Kefka is sort of like the Joker in The Dark Knight. He's the guy who's a lunatic, only every one goes along with him because they think it's just an act, or his lunacy will make him easy to destroy later on. Oops.
After Kefka, Maester Seymour.

That hair, that voice... the leader of the dominant religious and social order? Using one form of evil (Sin) to distract people from his own evil agenda... is truly evil.



Edited, Jul 13th 2009 12:55pm by KarlHungis
#18 Jul 13 2009 at 9:16 AM Rating: Excellent
**
336 posts
Don Corneo really deserves more recognition. I was really disappointed that he made no appearance in Advent Children. I felt he was a villain the everyday man could get behind.

Here's some RL Kefka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TRGt6QpMv8
#19 Jul 13 2009 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
349 posts
That guy was an AWESOME Kefka.
____________________________
That was no hemroid doctor. That was an alien hoobajoob
#20 Jul 13 2009 at 11:34 AM Rating: Decent
*
98 posts
That RL dude as Kefka was sweet as ****. Had me rolling the entire time.. "I challenge you to a pokemon battle, Piplup I choose you" "um. Ok.." "Ifrit I choose YOU"
#21 Jul 13 2009 at 12:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
777 posts
Yunalesca.

She managed to get the entire human race to worship her and commit ritualistic sacrifices in her name.

That's pro!
____________________________
KUMQUATS
#22 Jul 13 2009 at 12:39 PM Rating: Good
*
133 posts
Don Corneo dun dun dunnnnnnn O.O
#23 Jul 13 2009 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
**
341 posts
Marche. Yes, I said it, the main character from FFTA. Here's a kid trying to tear down a dream world in which his best friends are happy, his little brother can walk again, and his friend's dad has gone from useless drunk to responsible, likeable guy. The best villian is the one get you to play as.
#24 Jul 13 2009 at 1:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
353 posts
How could I forget Seymour?! He was awesome. Purely the fact that he had an aeon for a mother (The coolest summon ever) was fairly kickass.

Though in a way, he was a sephiroth clone.

Edited, Jul 13th 2009 5:14pm by Dlaqev
#25 Jul 13 2009 at 1:12 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
Ultimecia, then again I love everything from VIII
#26 Jul 13 2009 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,246 posts
Dlaqev wrote:
How could I forget Seymour?! He was awesome. Purely the fact that he had an aeon for a mother (The coolest summon ever) was fairly kickass.

Though in a way, he was a sephiroth clone.

Edited, Jul 13th 2009 5:14pm by Dlaqev


Well to be fair, technically Tidus had an Aeon for a father too so... D:
____________________________
Meowth!
#27 Jul 13 2009 at 2:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
353 posts
Oh tru dat.
#28 Jul 13 2009 at 5:32 PM Rating: Default
**
370 posts
Everyone is trying their best to avoid saying Sephiroth, but it is the default answer for a reason. He is the coolest looking, has the baddest weapon, and of course he is responsible for the top game moment of all time, the death of Aeris.
____________________________
Thaumaturge/Archer/Marauder
http://xivpads.viion.co.uk/?id=1847776
Moogle Inc linkshell
http://www.moogleinc.com
Stand in front of me fool...I am a Thaumaturge
#29 Jul 13 2009 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Obiar wrote:
Everyone is trying their best to avoid saying Sephiroth, but it is the default answer for a reason. He is the coolest looking, has the baddest weapon, and of course he is responsible for the top game moment of all time, the death of Aeris.


Not really. I find nothing about him to be interesting, least of all the ridiculous looking sword.

Edited, Jul 13th 2009 9:51pm by KarlHungis
#30 Jul 13 2009 at 6:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
777 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Not really. I find nothing about him to be interesting, least of all the ridiculous looking sword.

^^^
____________________________
KUMQUATS
#31 Jul 13 2009 at 6:54 PM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
Another reason I like Emperor Maetus? He's pretty much David Bowie from the Labyrinth. Can't get much more... eccentric than that.
#32 Jul 13 2009 at 7:05 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
This is internet related so I decided to throw it in here. Whats your Fave internet website? I cant make polls but honestly theres so many of them.

Mine is Wikipedia. Yea Wikipedia killed Yahoo Answers... but Wikipedia he murdered an entire generation of thinkers before he destroyed the academic integrity of the world... most websites try and conquer the world.. he did it. And his laugh was awesome.
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#33 Jul 13 2009 at 7:21 PM Rating: Default
7 posts
Kuja is probably my favorite. FFIX was my first FF I played all the way through (I had only seen bits and pieces of FFVII and FFVIII). Not to mention he had a sick dragon as his pet. He's like a BLM/DRG on crack and steroids. FFIX was my favorite FF, I was playing it non-stop so I got attached to the storyline.

And if you say you didn't like sephiroth, you're obviously lying. FFVII also has the sickest storyline imo.


#34 Jul 13 2009 at 7:31 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,684 posts
Favorite FF Villain?

RMT.

ohsnap.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#35 Jul 13 2009 at 11:59 PM Rating: Decent
*
169 posts
Ultros was the best. Smart. Funny. Tasty when batter-fried. Perfect villain.

CapnCrass wrote:
*Fire 2*

Ultros wrote:
Yeouch! Seafood soup!

/calamari


Honorable mention goes to the Turks. Pretty decent character development, and not the typical FF crazy-megalomaniac-out-to-destroy-all-life-bwa-ha-ha. Out of all the FF bad guys, they were probably the most believable.

ditx wrote:
How could we get this far without mentioning Scarlet!


Scarlet was just white can, black letters "Compares to Kefka! Now with more *******!"
#36 Jul 14 2009 at 12:22 AM Rating: Decent
**
424 posts
Best video ever on the FFXIV boards.

****, I love Kefka, that evil, evil *******.
____________________________
Administrator Kaolian:
"Quote it correctly or don't quote it. That's called "how people get banned"..."

Actually it's called "Libel"... and only if it is fabricated, but hey, you are the admin.

AureliusSir the Irrelevant:
"They're on a tangent, but they aren't off topic."
#37 Jul 14 2009 at 8:44 AM Rating: Decent
**
344 posts
I don't like any of them. Unlike many of the heroes in FF games, most of the villains are very one dimensional and absolute caricatures. Kefka, Sephiroth, Garland, Seymour, and the Zilart brothers are the same pretty boys that go insane for some dumb reason and their first reaction is to rule/destroy the world. The typical reason is finding out some mysterious secret about their heritage. I really wish there were better villains with more depth of character and a different motivation than just taking over the world. I hope FF14 (and 13) do a better job with characters instead of recycling the same tropes.
#38 Jul 14 2009 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
**
336 posts
Kefka and Garland are pretty boys?

o_o
#39 Jul 14 2009 at 10:26 AM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
I'm gonna have to jump on the Kefka bandwagon. Maybe it's because FFVI was my first FF game, maybe because he's insanely evil as mentioned.

I also have to agree that Sephiroth wasn't that great. Also, I might get tared and feathered for saying this, but I didn't care for FFVII much at all. I think it's because I prefer the pure fantasy setting, I could never really get into the sci-fi fantasy mixture. Why use a sword (or worse, bare fists!) when you can use guns?
#40Almalexia, Posted: Jul 14 2009 at 2:14 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) My point is, you blithering ******** this topic has nothing to do with FFXIV. "FF related" shouldn't be a legitimate excuse to post anything unrelated to FFXIV, otherwise why would we have separate forums for XI and XIV?
#41 Jul 14 2009 at 9:25 PM Rating: Excellent
**
424 posts
Quote:
Their first reaction is to rule/destroy the world. The typical reason is finding out some mysterious secret about their heritage. I really wish there were better villains with more depth of character and a different motivation than just taking over the world. I hope FF14 (and 13) do a better job with characters instead of recycling the same tropes.


Then there wouldn't be many villains in any storyline then... only misunderstood protagonists.

Quote:
My point is, you blithering ******** this topic has nothing to do with FFXIV. "FF related" shouldn't be a legitimate excuse to post anything unrelated to FFXIV, otherwise why would we have separate forums for XI and XIV?

Also, to all your Kefka fans, the only reason Kefka succeeded is because Gestahl is an old, senile moron. If the emperor had a spot of sense in his geezer brain, he'd have given Kefka the boot long ago.


I can't decide if this is:

A: an incredibly good Kefka imitation that completes the thread
OR
B: a total douchebag


Edit: The post I quoted seemed to 'magically' disappear. So don't think me insane for leaving the quote up, it still could be a perfect Kefka imitation...

Edited, Jul 15th 2009 4:33am by Shazaamemt
____________________________
Administrator Kaolian:
"Quote it correctly or don't quote it. That's called "how people get banned"..."

Actually it's called "Libel"... and only if it is fabricated, but hey, you are the admin.

AureliusSir the Irrelevant:
"They're on a tangent, but they aren't off topic."
#42 Jul 14 2009 at 9:39 PM Rating: Decent
**
296 posts
Sephiroth. Sue me.
#43 Jul 15 2009 at 5:42 AM Rating: Good
***
1,446 posts
I just started replaying FFX, so I'll go with the obvious and say Seymour. He is also one of the only bosses that actually gave me trouble... his form on Mt. Gagazet took me about 20 tries to beat the first time around... stupid Lance of Atrophy.
____________________________
Kyansaroo - Kujata
Windurst Rank 10
Tarutaru
BLM 75 / WHM 75 / BST 75 / RDM 75 / BRD 75
Next to 75: COR 47 / SCH 58
RotZ: Complete
CoP: Complete
ToAU: In-Progress
WoTG: In-Progress
#44 Jul 15 2009 at 8:09 AM Rating: Good
**
344 posts
Shazaamemt wrote:
Quote:
Their first reaction is to rule/destroy the world. The typical reason is finding out some mysterious secret about their heritage. I really wish there were better villains with more depth of character and a different motivation than just taking over the world. I hope FF14 (and 13) do a better job with characters instead of recycling the same tropes.


Then there wouldn't be many villains in any storyline then... only misunderstood protagonists.


Well, what'd be wrong with that? What if instead of there being good versus evil, it'd be something more realistic, like two "good" factions fighting over the same water/food/etc? Something they couldn't share, a situation where one must perish for the other to survive. To me that's more dramatic and interesting than kidnapping princesses and such. What if instead of raiding a final dungeon with nasty monsters and the super villain you had to raid an opposing capital city slaying kid npcs and fellow players in order to get some life giving crystal or something?
#45 Jul 15 2009 at 8:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
777 posts
cookiesmonster wrote:
Well, what'd be wrong with that? What if instead of there being good versus evil, it'd be something more realistic, like two "good" factions fighting over the same water/food/etc? Something they couldn't share, a situation where one must perish for the other to survive.

You almost described World of Warcraft there.

Quote:
To me that's more dramatic and interesting than kidnapping princesses and such. What if instead of raiding a final dungeon with nasty monsters and the super villain you had to raid an opposing capital city slaying kid npcs and fellow players in order to get some life giving crystal or something?

While it's a good idea, such an idea is generally more suitable for a PvP game like Warhammer.

Even if it was NPCs instead of player. Just doesn't feel like an appropriate idea for a PvE game. Though others may disagree with me.
____________________________
KUMQUATS
#46 Jul 15 2009 at 8:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
54 posts
It's not a FF game, but I think Organization XIII needs mention.
____________________________
Xaral-Ifrit Server
#47 Jul 15 2009 at 8:44 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
777 posts
Xarall wrote:
It's not a FF game, but I think Organization XIII needs mention.

Pft, Organization XIII had nothing on Maleficent.

Square did an amazing job with her as a villain @.@
____________________________
KUMQUATS
#48 Jul 15 2009 at 8:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
54 posts
Quote:
Xarall wrote:
It's not a FF game, but I think Organization XIII needs mention.

Pft, Organization XIII had nothing on Maleficent.

Square did an amazing job with her as a villain @.@


That's actually true. =P

I love how she preferred to use other people to do her dirty work. And she was the catalyst to Riku's downfall.
____________________________
Xaral-Ifrit Server
#49 Jul 15 2009 at 8:58 AM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
Quote:
It's not a FF game, but I think Organization XIII needs mention.


As Kefka himself once said of Kingdom Hearts, "Stop ruining Square Enix!"
#50 Jul 15 2009 at 9:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
777 posts
Altreer wrote:
As Kefka himself once said of Kingdom Hearts, "Stop ruining Square Enix!"

It's concentrated childhood nostalgia injected directly into your bloodstream. What's not to like about it?

I figure the only way you can hate Kingdom Hearts is if you never had a childhood.
____________________________
KUMQUATS
#51 Jul 15 2009 at 10:12 AM Rating: Decent
**
344 posts
Karelyn wrote:
cookiesmonster wrote:
Well, what'd be wrong with that? What if instead of there being good versus evil, it'd be something more realistic, like two "good" factions fighting over the same water/food/etc? Something they couldn't share, a situation where one must perish for the other to survive.

You almost described World of Warcraft there.


At the risk of opening another Warcraft can of worms, I'll disagree because the Horde was/is generally "evil"; they were stereotypical villains up until Warcraft 3 when they became more sympathetic. In spite of that, the horde is for the most part the "bad guys" and the alliance the "good guys".

I'd also like to point out that FFXI did have the potential to have a good-vs-good element through conquest as well as the ToAU storyline (where we had AU versus the Jeuno Alliance). Neither scenario really played out long before some completely evil villain showed up to redirect all conflict toward an easily hated entity.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)