Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

So Many QuestionsFollow

#1 Aug 26 2009 at 10:29 AM Rating: Decent
Do you all think that there will really be so few classes. Is no one else sad like i am over this? and also have you heard about there plan to replace experience with something else. It all sounds sad to me but, i am still going to play. i just want to know what others feel about this.

Another scary thought is that with so few jobs maybe the max level will be low like 20 or something. I don't know i am just to anxious about this game what if the world is small..... What if everyone will be wearing the same armor.... how much would that suck.....




(My last big question is what if the GRAPHICS ARE TOOOO GOODD? like so good that it makes your eyes explode out of there sockets?) ----JOKE
#2 Aug 26 2009 at 10:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
209 posts
LoneWolfKiller wrote:
Do you all think that there will really be so few classes. Is no one else sad like i am over this? and also have you heard about there plan to replace experience with something else. It all sounds sad to me but, i am still going to play. i just want to know what others feel about this.


There are 4 disciplines but there is the armory system.
They are two different things.

We already know that players will learn skills through weapons, so I think that our ability to learn skills won't be dependent on our 'class', but rather on our choice of weapon.

To that end, any weapon, or combination of weapons, that you'll use will define your class.

Mix and match and learn the skills you want.

As far as classes are concerned, I think there will be just as many classes as there are possible skill combination from weapons. I think it's going to be very open ended.

By any chance recall FFXII (if you played it). Any character could learn any license and their starting stats were almost all the same. No one was automatically designated "healer" or "archer". Anyone could be good at magic and anyone could be good with any weapon.

Instead of SE handing us a bunch of 'jobs' and making us choose, this time I think they are giving us more of an option to create our own.

Of course, exactly how skills are acquired and used with different weapons will remain to be seen. Can someone find a weapon that makes use of both melee skills and magic skills? Will dual-wielding be available?

Quote:

Another scary thought is that with so few jobs maybe the max level will be low like 20 or something. I don't know i am just to anxious about this game what if the world is small..... What if everyone will be wearing the same armor.... how much would that suck.....


There will be no levels in FFXIV.
The world was described as being slightly smaller than the world of FFXI, but the game is still in development.



____________________________
Toasting makes me uncomfortable. But toast I love. Never start the day without a good piece of toast. In fact, let's toast to toast.
#3 Aug 26 2009 at 12:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
180 posts
Finaa wrote:


By any chance recall FFXII (if you played it). Any character could learn any license and their starting stats were almost all the same. No one was automatically designated "healer" or "archer". Anyone could be good at magic and anyone could be good with any weapon.



When I finished FFXII, all my characters ended up with pretty much the same skills. Everyone could do everything, and to be honest it was a little boring. I'm afraid that's what we're going to see at the end-game of FFXIV.
#4 Aug 26 2009 at 1:41 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
209 posts
Calispel wrote:

When I finished FFXII, all my characters ended up with pretty much the same skills. Everyone could do everything, and to be honest it was a little boring. I'm afraid that's what we're going to see at the end-game of FFXIV.


That's true, but the difference was that no matter what weapon your character was using they could use any skill at any time.

In FFXIV, it seems that a player can only use a skill that corresponds to the weapon that he/she has equipped.

So in battle people will still have roles because weapon changes can't occur in battle.

If everyone did learn every skill possible they could all be the same, but how and when they use the skills would be different.

I guess it's kind of like how humans are all so similar genetically, but we're very very different from each other in how we live our lives.
____________________________
Toasting makes me uncomfortable. But toast I love. Never start the day without a good piece of toast. In fact, let's toast to toast.
#5 Aug 26 2009 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
Thanks a bunch for the response. I'm still blown away by this game. I just want it to close to perfection I didn't get to play ffxi much because I was young when it came out and I didn't have a good computer and when I got one every one was high level and I was kind of all alone.


Anyway thanks again. I'm going to use a **** katana and I'm going to be some kind of samurai LOL od
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 12 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (12)