Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

PS3 questionFollow

#1 Sep 01 2009 at 3:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
398 posts
I've been comtemplaying buying a PS3 for XIV but I'm not much for thumb typing.. Is there any actual keyboards (possably with mouse :P) out there that are useable for the PS3?

I still have my old PS2 logitech keyboard controler from XI but I don't beleive that will work with a PS3.
#2 Sep 01 2009 at 3:15 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
Any old USB keyboard, I imagine.


____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#3 Sep 01 2009 at 3:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
398 posts
ooo that would be nice, we have a wireless keyboard+mouse that work on the same sensor for our comp, if we could just use something like that with a PS3 it would be an all around good thing. :P
#4 Sep 01 2009 at 4:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I'm REALLY hoping there's a Logitech Netplay controller option for the PS3, because honestly the convenience of that interface is what kept me playing on the PS2 all this time.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#5 Sep 01 2009 at 5:33 PM Rating: Default
*
161 posts
Sure it's possable. To be otherwise would be rediculous.

Edited, Sep 1st 2009 8:33pm by EbenezerSpooge
#6 Sep 01 2009 at 5:45 PM Rating: Decent
**
370 posts
Any pc peripheral will work with the ps3. I am currently using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.
____________________________
Thaumaturge/Archer/Marauder
http://xivpads.viion.co.uk/?id=1847776
Moogle Inc linkshell
http://www.moogleinc.com
Stand in front of me fool...I am a Thaumaturge
#7 Sep 01 2009 at 5:51 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,159 posts
Keyboard and Mouse are the way of the past.

Meet the future.



Still need the keyboard and mouse though...
#8 Sep 01 2009 at 5:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
The Logitech netplay controller is actually a USB keyboard coupled with a PS2 controller. So unless I've missed something, Netplay controllers won't work unless they make a new one.

For those who don't know what a Netplay controller is, google it, or think of this. Take a PS2 controller and split it in two. Get a slightly condensed (smaller) keyboard. Now stick it in the middle of the two pieces and attach them all together.

The convenience is that you don't have to fumble between a keyboard and controller, but you still get to use both. The most you have to do is set the keyboard in your lap and move your hands. I've always found this far preferable to other peripherals.

Though there were some small design problems. In particular, sometimes the keys would stick and process the same letter several times. Liiiike thisssss.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#9 Sep 02 2009 at 1:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
180 posts
Kachi wrote:
The Logitech netplay controller is actually a USB keyboard coupled with a PS2 controller. So unless I've missed something, Netplay controllers won't work unless they make a new one.

For those who don't know what a Netplay controller is, google it, or think of this. Take a PS2 controller and split it in two. Get a slightly condensed (smaller) keyboard. Now stick it in the middle of the two pieces and attach them all together.

The convenience is that you don't have to fumble between a keyboard and controller, but you still get to use both. The most you have to do is set the keyboard in your lap and move your hands. I've always found this far preferable to other peripherals.

Though there were some small design problems. In particular, sometimes the keys would stick and process the same letter several times. Liiiike thisssss.


If it's USB, it'll work on the PS3. I have USB adapters for my PS2 controllers that I used when playing FFXI on the PC, and those work on the PS3 as well. You just don't have the motion sensing or the PS button, but the rest of the buttons function fine.
#10 Sep 02 2009 at 3:41 PM Rating: Good
Obiar wrote:
I am currently using a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.

Model?
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#11 Sep 03 2009 at 8:09 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
743 posts
I use a Logitech S 510 on my PS3 for FFXI. It's a wireless keyboard and mouse. I'm sure it'll be fine for FFXIV.
____________________________
I think you've been smoking the Moko...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1628942/
http://www.nerdist.com/
Angus of Cerberus (retired)
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)