Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Anyone else unimpressed?Follow

#1 Sep 24 2009 at 7:46 PM Rating: Default
**
292 posts
I'm not bashing this game, but if i weren't already a final fantasy fan I would never try this game.

Seriously, it doesn't seem like they've learned much at all about marketing. Also, I know i'm beating a dead horse, but the whole "same race, new game" thing is pure bullshat. Races really make a game it's 'own' and no matter what ugly, complicated name you come up with, they'll still be the same races as FFXI.

Their lack of creativity in that regard is astonishing. Even a look at their armor reminds me of how they rehashed and recolored stuff in FFXI. I swear almost everyone was wearing a tunic in this game. Of course, this 'trailer' doesn't represent the game, I know.

However, what am i supposed to infer? SE has worked on this game for at least 4-5 years and yet they are only 50% complete. They don't even know what chocobos are going to do (ummmm ride it?) AND their super shiny new thing is 'playing cards are quests now!'. Yay?

Seriously, if i wasn't already an ff fan... this wouldn't interest me at all. Take aion for example: much better character models than FFXIV (ffxiv reminds me of sims3.. the graphics 'seem' better but sims2 kicks sims3's ***), super flying amazingness, awesome fighting styles, etc.

In aion's trailer they make you INTERESTED, EXCITED, and PUMPED. They are constantly promoting it and telling you about it. ****, there's an ad to the right of my screen now...

However, I don't like aion's story or atmoshpere. I found out that I didn't like the extreme customizations and didn't like the interface. BUT! The fact is that i WANTED to play it SOOOO BADLY. I was pumped and couldn't wait for the open beta. True, I ended up not liking it because ffxi popped my mmo cherry (nothing else compares so far...), but at least I was interested in aion lol.

This last point of mine is just an annoyance. How can a company ignore players cries for 7 years about male mithra and then make a BRAND NEW EXACTLY THE SAME game and STILL not add it?! I don't want to hear BS from any of you saying 'It takes so much time and effort and waah waaah waah'. Yah, a lot of GOOD things take time and effort. Just because something takes time doesn't mean it's not worth doing. Duh? I seriously can't wait to see what disgustingly rehashed story line they have set up for why these mithra twins and galka clones don't have gender counterparts...

Oh wait, I already know the storyline seeing as how I played FFXI. Also, this 'beta' crap is really annoying. Just announce the **** beta. I always thought SE was a dumb company before but, ****, these guys are stupid! Was anyone else suprised all we got from TGS was a trailer? Personally, I thought they were going to play the same trailer from E3 lol.

However, I would expect a trailer to showcase fighting and NEW stuff... not people sitting around talking like some dating sim.
____________________________
"Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Crab, Crab, the odd Bat or Worm, Crab. All the time Crab... Thickshell, Steelshell, Snipper, Bigclaw, Rock Crab, Robber Crab. Enough with the **** Crab." -Diamondis

Yay!
#2 Sep 24 2009 at 7:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,298 posts
Quote:
I'm not bashing this game

lol

____________________________

#3 Sep 24 2009 at 7:55 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
male mithra

Q to the Q

Quote:
Just announce the **** beta.
b/c "we're starting AION open beta next week" followed by "we changed our mind, it's in two weeks" followed by "we changed our mind, it's in another two weeks" wasn't annoying at all. They'll announce it when it's fing ready, there is plenty of time until then.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#4 Sep 24 2009 at 8:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,801 posts
woooter wins this thread.
____________________________
WoW -- Zaia -- Dragonmaw -- Mage 80 BABY! Alchemy 450
Also... Hunter 62, Rogue 52, Warrior 66, Warlock 43, Death Knight 70, Shaman Who Cares? ;)

FFXI -- Caia -- Retired/Deleted -- Blm 75, Alchemy 97
Pandimonium server - Rank 10 - Bastok

Zaela Rdm -- 35, Alchemy 45 -- Forced into retirement because I didn't have the right kind of credit card. Hope it was worth 18 bucks a month, SE.

#5Carbi, Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 8:02 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) @prof: At least aion even announced one. Also, I specifically referred to the open beta which has nothing to do with what you were whining about.
#6 Sep 24 2009 at 8:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,084 posts
Quote:
Take aion for example: much better character models than FFXIV


Speaking as a 3D artist: lol



As to the topic: No.
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#7 Sep 24 2009 at 8:09 PM Rating: Default
**
292 posts
@kirbster: Absolutely riveting response. The way you try to gain credibility by announcing your profession really makes me believe your opinion is somehow more true than mine. Why even think when I have you shining down on me like a busted street light?

Edited, Sep 25th 2009 12:19am by Carbi
____________________________
"Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Crab, Crab, the odd Bat or Worm, Crab. All the time Crab... Thickshell, Steelshell, Snipper, Bigclaw, Rock Crab, Robber Crab. Enough with the **** Crab." -Diamondis

Yay!
#8 Sep 24 2009 at 8:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
@prof: At least aion even announced one.
In that case, FFXIV open beta will start July 15th. Happy?



man you're whiney
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#9 Sep 24 2009 at 8:17 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,084 posts
I laughed because the polycount and high quality of the models even at this alpha are painfully apparent, even to those who aren't in modeling, and Aion's models really weren't anything special.

But watching you get so entirely bent out of shape for no reason is somewhat entertaining as well.

You need to chill out a little, dude.

Edited, Sep 24th 2009 9:18pm by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#10 Sep 24 2009 at 8:23 PM Rating: Default
**
292 posts
@kirb: I'm not getting bent out of shape. I just find it annoying how you can take the time out of your busy schedule to read my entire post and simply reply 'No' and gain satisfaction. I know this type of forum is the complete opposite of what forums stand for, but seriously?

____________________________
"Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Crab, Crab, the odd Bat or Worm, Crab. All the time Crab... Thickshell, Steelshell, Snipper, Bigclaw, Rock Crab, Robber Crab. Enough with the **** Crab." -Diamondis

Yay!
#11 Sep 24 2009 at 8:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
Quote:

Seriously, it doesn't seem like they've learned much at all about marketing.


Quote:
In aion's trailer they make you INTERESTED, EXCITED, and PUMPED. They are constantly promoting it and telling you about it. ****, there's an ad to the right of my screen now...


Quote:
However, I don't like aion's story or atmoshpere. I found out that I didn't like the extreme customizations and didn't like the interface. BUT! The fact is that i WANTED to play it SOOOO BADLY. I was pumped and couldn't wait for the open beta. True, I ended up not liking it because ffxi popped my mmo cherry (nothing else compares so far...), but at least I was interested in aion lol.


If the game sucks no amount of Marketing is going to save it. Yea Aion may have a great Marketing Team but without a rich story and good gameplay the game is going to tank! What people seem to forget about SE is rich stories they tell in their games. While some stories are Lackluster other's are epic, i.e FFVI's story or Vivi's storyline in FFIX. In FFXI anyone that has finished all the CoP missions can tell you how Epic SE can make their stories. SE won't need great Marketing if they have a great game.

Also I don't know why people are ******** about information we are getting, be happy we are getting something. This is SE we are talking about! They like to keep us in suspense, why spill everything when they can leave us wanting more. We are all excited for the game but placing judgments and wanting all the info this soon is way to early. I think SE is going to have Male Mithra's **** I even think they will be more playable races.


Edited, Sep 25th 2009 12:28am by IamTuck
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#12 Sep 24 2009 at 8:28 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
Hm?

Would you rather I have said, 'No, I am not unimpressed?'

I'm not going to go into full detail discussing boring dead horse topics that pretty much consists entirely of you whining.

If you want to read discussions about this topic just look in the archives and post in those threads.

Edited, Sep 24th 2009 9:30pm by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#13 Sep 24 2009 at 8:29 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Carbi wrote:
I'm not bashing this game, but if i weren't already a final fantasy fan I would never try this game.

Seriously, it doesn't seem like they've learned much at all about marketing. Also, I know i'm beating a dead horse, but the whole "same race, new game" thing is pure bullshat. Races really make a game it's 'own' and no matter what ugly, complicated name you come up with, they'll still be the same races as FFXI.

Their lack of creativity in that regard is astonishing. Even a look at their armor reminds me of how they rehashed and recolored stuff in FFXI. I swear almost everyone was wearing a tunic in this game. Of course, this 'trailer' doesn't represent the game, I know.

However, what am i supposed to infer? SE has worked on this game for at least 4-5 years and yet they are only 50% complete. They don't even know what chocobos are going to do (ummmm ride it?) AND their super shiny new thing is 'playing cards are quests now!'. Yay?

Seriously, if i wasn't already an ff fan... this wouldn't interest me at all. Take aion for example: much better character models than FFXIV (ffxiv reminds me of sims3.. the graphics 'seem' better but sims2 kicks sims3's ***), super flying amazingness, awesome fighting styles, etc.

In aion's trailer they make you INTERESTED, EXCITED, and PUMPED. They are constantly promoting it and telling you about it. ****, there's an ad to the right of my screen now...

However, I don't like aion's story or atmoshpere. I found out that I didn't like the extreme customizations and didn't like the interface. BUT! The fact is that i WANTED to play it SOOOO BADLY. I was pumped and couldn't wait for the open beta. True, I ended up not liking it because ffxi popped my mmo cherry (nothing else compares so far...), but at least I was interested in aion lol.

This last point of mine is just an annoyance. How can a company ignore players cries for 7 years about male mithra and then make a BRAND NEW EXACTLY THE SAME game and STILL not add it?! I don't want to hear BS from any of you saying 'It takes so much time and effort and waah waaah waah'. Yah, a lot of GOOD things take time and effort. Just because something takes time doesn't mean it's not worth doing. Duh? I seriously can't wait to see what disgustingly rehashed story line they have set up for why these mithra twins and galka clones don't have gender counterparts...

Oh wait, I already know the storyline seeing as how I played FFXI. Also, this 'beta' crap is really annoying. Just announce the **** beta. I always thought SE was a dumb company before but, ****, these guys are stupid! Was anyone else suprised all we got from TGS was a trailer? Personally, I thought they were going to play the same trailer from E3 lol.

However, I would expect a trailer to showcase fighting and NEW stuff... not people sitting around talking like some dating sim.


/casts Blindna on this poor fool.

Well your entitled to your own opinion, but I disagree with you 100%. Aion's graphics aren't in the same league as FFXIV. Beta will be announced soon so just chill out. SE continues to maintain FFXIV will release in 2010. Considering that tentative date, it goes to reason that the Beta will probably happen next year sometime. I predict as early as Spring to mid summer with a Xmas time frame release of XIV.

The bottom line is you seem to like Aion so go play it and leave us alone. I'm not impressed by it at all. It's another dime a dozen MMO that will be dead thanks to WoW by the time FFXIV is released. So have fun :)
#14 Sep 24 2009 at 8:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
OP: you seem most upset at SE's marketing techniques which i honestly don't understand. the only people who should care about that are the marketing execs. You even said yourself that despite the glitz, glamour and hype of Aion, you did not actually enjoy the game. So i'm not sure why you are championing a company that essentially tricked you into buying a game you did not like.

I just watched the new trailer incidentally, and I thought it was great. Definitely sparked my interest. Liked the tavern scene especially. Felt like I got a sense of the game world.

as for the character models, i'm also a 3d artist and i have to disagree with you as well. The textures are crisp and detailed, the style is distinct, and the motion-capture animation was a smart move. And if you don't think being an artist qualifies someone's informed objective critique about aesthetics then you are retarded.

on the other hand, if you simply don't like the character models, that is of course your opinion and you're welcome to not buy the game.

same goes for the races. personally i like that they're keeping them almost the same. if you don't, go ahead and save 50 bucks.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#15Carbi, Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 8:32 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Then try shutting the f@ck up. It works wonders, trust me.
#16 Sep 24 2009 at 8:33 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,084 posts
Carbi wrote:
I'm not getting bent out of shape.


Carbi wrote:

Then try shutting the f@ck up. It works wonders, trust me.




This thread is silly.

Edited, Sep 24th 2009 9:34pm by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#17 Sep 24 2009 at 8:38 PM Rating: Default
**
292 posts
Quote:
This thread is silly.


And the sky is green. Thanks for all of your valuable opinions. You've effectively managed to increase your post count and your standing with community with all those 'Good' ratings in one single thread. I am SO inspired!

@Llester: When you call me a ******, it really speaks to your character. It makes me feel so... loved. I mean, how could a post bashing me for having an opinion be complete without an offensive adjective thrown in? You're so clever.

Edited, Sep 25th 2009 12:42am by Carbi
____________________________
"Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Crab, Crab, the odd Bat or Worm, Crab. All the time Crab... Thickshell, Steelshell, Snipper, Bigclaw, Rock Crab, Robber Crab. Enough with the **** Crab." -Diamondis

Yay!
#18 Sep 24 2009 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
Carbi wrote:



@Iamtank: I agree. FFXI story was really fun for those who got to experience all of it. But that alone won't get people pumped to play. Also, when did i ask for 'all the info'? If you're going to make something up at least twist my words more carefully.


Quote:
Oh wait, I already know the storyline seeing as how I played FFXI. Also, this 'beta' crap is really annoying. Just announce the **** beta. I always thought SE was a dumb company before but, ****, these guys are stupid! Was anyone else suprised all we got from TGS was a trailer? Personally, I thought they were going to play the same trailer from E3 lol.


Nuff Said?
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#19Carbi, Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 8:44 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Oh right, i totally see the part where i said "I want to know everything about this game right now.". Yup. These several word responses are really catchy, too. I like.
#20 Sep 24 2009 at 8:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,372 posts
And to sum up this thread...

Professor shintasama wrote:
Q to the Q
#21 Sep 24 2009 at 8:50 PM Rating: Default
**
292 posts
Quote:
And to sum up this thread...



Those are the words of an Excellent rating. :)
You sure know how to choose em. I'm so proud.

Edited, Sep 25th 2009 12:50am by Carbi
____________________________
"Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Crab, Crab, the odd Bat or Worm, Crab. All the time Crab... Thickshell, Steelshell, Snipper, Bigclaw, Rock Crab, Robber Crab. Enough with the **** Crab." -Diamondis

Yay!
#22 Sep 24 2009 at 8:51 PM Rating: Excellent
**
736 posts
- I hate the races too.
Boring, Dodgy Business desicion with debatable benefit, No time or effort saved in it's implementation as the models are new anyway. From an aesthetics angle, from a business angle, from a pipeline angle it just doesn't make any **** sense.

- Their marketing has improved incredibly since FFXI. Likely, because FFXI was created and marketed with about half the budget VII had. Yes, I meant to type VII, there. The success of WoW proved to developers MMOs were worth taking the development cost seriously, which is why everyone and their brother is releasing one in 2010.

- Aion doesn't have better polys or textures (or animations for that matter), I will say however they managed to do incredible things considering their limited engine.

- Everyone's wearing the same tunic because it's just a trailer, the fact crafters can customize their creations with colors and patterns will keep the homogeny down.

- 50% means they're 50% done removing the placeholder art with finalized art. If the game was 50% done, it would take another 4 years.

- Why Beta can't be pinned down to an exact date is because while they're still making changes there's always the danger they may FUBAR the code. They're just being cautious. The fact they haven't made wild promises they aren't sure they can keep is part of why I hold their marketing in such high regard.

Edited, Sep 25th 2009 1:02am by Zemzelette
#23 Sep 24 2009 at 8:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
Generality

–noun, plural -ties.
1. an indefinite, unspecific, or undetailed statement: to speak in generalities about human rights.
2. a general principle, rule, or law.
3. the greater part or majority: the generality of people.
4. the state or quality of being general.

____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#24 Sep 24 2009 at 8:56 PM Rating: Default
**
292 posts
Quote:
- I hate the races too.
Boring, Dodgy Business desicion with debatable benefit, No time or effort saved in it's implementation as the models are new anyway. From an aesthetics angle, from a business angle, from a pipeline angle it just doesn't make any **** sense.

- Their marketing has improved incredibly since FFXI.

- Aion doesn't have better polys or textures, I will say however they managed to do incredible things considering their limitations

- Everyone's wearing the same tunic because it's just a trailer, the fact crafters can customize their creations with colors and patterns will keep the homogeny down.

- 50% means they're 50% done removing the placeholder art with finalized art. If the game was 50% done, it would take another 4 years.

- Why Beta can't be pinned down to an exact date is because while they're still making changes there's always the danger they may FUBAR the code. They're just being cautious.



No wonder you're a guru.
Wait, how'd you become a guru if you actually discussed the topic thread? You better be careful, lest the vultures come to down to prey..

But seriously, great post. You cleared up a few things for me and I hope we'll see some new races.

@Iamdumb: ...What a nerd.

Edited, Sep 25th 2009 12:57am by Carbi
____________________________
"Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Beetle, Crawler, Crab, Crab, Crab, the odd Bat or Worm, Crab. All the time Crab... Thickshell, Steelshell, Snipper, Bigclaw, Rock Crab, Robber Crab. Enough with the **** Crab." -Diamondis

Yay!
#25 Sep 24 2009 at 9:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
Quote:
@Iamdumb: ...What a nerd.


LMAO!!! Your a moron! I was speaking in General!

Quote:
Also I don't know why PEOPLE are ******** about information we are getting, be happy we are getting something. This is SE we are talking about! They like to keep us in suspense, why spill everything when they can leave us wanting more. We are all excited for the game but placing judgments and wanting all the info this soon is way to early. I think SE is going to have Male Mithra's **** I even think they will be more playable races.


You call me a nerd yet we are BOTH having a flame war on forum for a MMORPG Fantasy game.................

<---Proud Nerd ;)
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#26Carbi, Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 9:05 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Isn't it wonderful?
#27 Sep 24 2009 at 9:09 PM Rating: Excellent
*
67 posts
hahaaaaaaahahaha. Oh, this is lovely. There's quite a short fuse on this one...

Quote:
Seriously, it doesn't seem like they've learned much at all about marketing. Also, I know i'm beating a dead horse, but the whole "same race, new game" thing is pure bullshat. Races really make a game it's 'own' and no matter what ugly, complicated name you come up with, they'll still be the same races as FFXI.

They're not in marketing stages of production. You don't start marketing a game when it won't release until a year later. When you get the train going prematurely, it slows down considerably before release.

Quote:
Their lack of creativity in that regard is astonishing. Even a look at their armor reminds me of how they rehashed and recolored stuff in FFXI. I swear almost everyone was wearing a tunic in this game. Of course, this 'trailer' doesn't represent the game, I know.

This is is hypocritical. You condemn a game's armor design based on a trailer that you know doesn't represent the game. Illogical.

Quote:
However, what am i supposed to infer? SE has worked on this game for at least 4-5 years and yet they are only 50% complete. They don't even know what chocobos are going to do (ummmm ride it?) AND their super shiny new thing is 'playing cards are quests now!'. Yay?

So you condemn them for a lack of creativity, but when they look to do something innovative with an aspect of the game, you heckle? And also, if you want to "express your opinion" about a game, make sure those opinions are based on logic and facts instead of fallacies. The graphics are 50% completed. Graphics are one of the last things to be done in development.

Quote:
This last point of mine is just an annoyance. How can a company ignore players cries for 7 years about male mithra and then make a BRAND NEW EXACTLY THE SAME game and STILL not add it?!

Nothing's set in stone. ****, they're barely lying the cement down, yet. If they're not sure what they're going to include in a game, they're not going to announce it and then change the race halfway through. It sets people up for disappointment.

Quote:
Yah, a lot of GOOD things take time and effort.

Finally something I can agree with you on.

Quote:
Was anyone else suprised all we got from TGS was a trailer? Personally, I thought they were going to play the same trailer from E3 lol.

Tokyo Game Show lasts from September 24 - 27. You can bring this up after Sunday.

Quote:
However, I would expect a trailer to showcase fighting and NEW stuff... not people sitting around talking like some dating sim.

In time. They're not going to show something that's not finished. If they did, then you would be amongst the crowd complaining about how bad it looks.


Other people addressed what I have not.
____________________________
Eagles can soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
#28 Sep 24 2009 at 9:10 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,084 posts
Quote:
No wonder you're a guru.
Wait, how'd you become a guru if you actually discussed the topic thread? You better be careful, lest the vultures come to down to prey..


Because I and others rated her up.

Even though in this case all she did was essentially state the obvious and summarize what everyone else was saying, but that seemed to work.

You were pretty much the only person being uncivil (by forum standards) in this entire thread.

Anger management, buddy. You need it.

Edited, Sep 24th 2009 10:11pm by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#29 Sep 24 2009 at 9:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
I'll let you have the last 3 words....
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#30 Sep 24 2009 at 9:14 PM Rating: Default
***
1,457 posts
Going against everyone else apparently, I agree with you Carbi. With the info we have so far, I could care less.
Come on guys, we waited all this time for another trailer? What happened to all of you asking for more? Now Carb gets rated down for speaking the truth? You guys suck. You want more or not?

Edited, Sep 24th 2009 10:16pm by GuardianFaith
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#31 Sep 24 2009 at 9:16 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
GuardianFaith wrote:
Going against everyone else apparently, I agree with you Carbi. With the info we have so far, I could care less.
Come on guys, we waited all this time for another trailer? What happened to all of you asking for more? Now Carb gets rated down for speaking the truth? You guys suck. You want more or not? I guess not.


This thread wasn't complaining about the lack of info. I'd love more info and am fairly disappointed that we only have a trailer (albeit a very nice one) from the TGS.

What thread were you reading?

Edited, Sep 24th 2009 10:18pm by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#32Carbi, Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 9:18 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) She did much more than that. She effectively responded to my thread w/o any heckling, saracastic 2 word posts, or namecalling. She even provided logical explanations to her claims and provided her own opinions about parts of my thread.
#33 Sep 24 2009 at 9:24 PM Rating: Default
***
1,457 posts
I was reading this thread Kirbster, thanks for the sarcastic response. Feel better?
The point of my post was that SE isn't doing enough to keep us interested. The trailer was short and no new information was released.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#34 Sep 24 2009 at 9:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,298 posts
Quote:
Come on guys, we waited all this time for another trailer? What happened to all of you asking for more? Now Carb gets rated down for speaking the truth? You guys suck. You want more or not?


We're probably looking at Q4 2010 for a release here, so it's a loooong *** time until we get what everyone wants for previews (which is full gameplay demo and finalized information on classes, crafts, battles etc...). For that I'm guessing we're going to get those in the 2010 E3/TGS.
____________________________

#35 Sep 24 2009 at 9:26 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
Quote:
She effectively responded to my thread w/o any heckling, saracastic 2 word posts, or namecalling.


hmm~

Quote:
@kirbster: Absolutely riveting response. The way you try to gain credibility by announcing your profession really makes me believe your opinion is somehow more true than mine. Why even think when I have you shining down on me like a busted street light?


Quote:
@kirb: I'm not getting bent out of shape. I just find it annoying how you can take the time out of your busy schedule to read my entire post and simply reply 'No' and gain satisfaction. I know this type of forum is the complete opposite of what forums stand for, but seriously?

Quote:

Then try shutting the f@ck up. It works wonders, trust me.


Quote:
@Iamtank: I agree. FFXI story was really fun for those who got to experience all of it. But that alone won't get people pumped to play. Also, when did i ask for 'all the info'? If you're going to make something up at least twist my words more carefully.


Quote:
@Shadow: Yessa massuh! Imma a just a po' fool who ain't go none edumacations or new fangled due hickeys. Slowly remove the ***** from your ***, you're a little too full of yourself. Also, how can you have read my thread where i basically said 'I DON'T LIKE AION' and then tell me to play it because i supposedly like it? . . .


Quote:
And the sky is green. Thanks for all of your valuable opinions. You've effectively managed to increase your post count and your standing with community with all those 'Good' ratings in one single thread. I am SO inspired!


Quote:
@Llester: When you call me a ******, it really speaks to your character. It makes me feel so... loved. I mean, how could a post bashing me for having an opinion be complete without an offensive adjective thrown in? You're so clever.



Quote:
Oh right, i totally see the part where i said "I want to know everything about this game right now.". Yup. These several word responses are really catchy, too. I like.



Quote:
Isn't it wonderful?
(I'm practicing my 3 word posts that have nothing to do with the topic. O.M.G! I'm so excited~!)



If you're going to pretend to be the victim here, try not to actually be the main contributer to said heckling, sarcasm and namecalling.

You 'comdemned' yourself by getting so bent out of shape to the mildest of responses to your thread.


Quote:
I was reading this thread Kirbster, thanks for the sarcastic response. Feel better?


Wasn't being sarcastic and wasn't trying to be offensive either.



Edited, Sep 24th 2009 10:34pm by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#36 Sep 24 2009 at 9:26 PM Rating: Excellent
*
67 posts
You kind of 'condemned' yourself by telling people to remove *** toys out of their **** cavity.

Just sayin'.
____________________________
Eagles can soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
#37 Sep 24 2009 at 9:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
Quote:
As far as civility goes, don't even. I just figured I should lie down with the dogs at this point. Please don't try to justify your lackluster rating system with 'this person deserved it'. I was 'condemned' from the get go and I already knew that. That's what makes it kind of interesting, actually...


I rated your OP up. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The rating system here sucks imo, but that is beside the case. I was having fun with some of my post due to the fact of our own little miscommunication that went off topic. And I do agree with you being 'condemned' but your having fun with it, why can't I!!!
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#38 Sep 24 2009 at 9:31 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
Carbi this will make you feel better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#39 Sep 24 2009 at 9:34 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
This thread is now about how much I hate Rick Astley.
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#40 Sep 24 2009 at 9:35 PM Rating: Good
*
145 posts
HEEEYYY everyone!! I'm gonna let you finish flame waring as you call it........but I just wanted to say beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!
#41Carbi, Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 9:37 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) OMG AWESOME!
#42 Sep 24 2009 at 9:37 PM Rating: Default
***
1,457 posts
Quote:
HEEEYYY everyone!! I'm gonna let you finish flame waring as you call it........but I just wanted to say beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!


lol. someone needs to sig this, at least for 2009.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#43 Sep 24 2009 at 9:38 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
Kirbster wrote:
This thread is now about how much I hate Rick Astley Kanye West.
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#44 Sep 24 2009 at 9:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,298 posts
That's not the correct implementation.

Yo FFXIV I'm happy for ya and I'ma let ya finish, but WoW is one of the best MMORPGs of all time! Of all time!



Edited, Sep 25th 2009 1:42am by woooter
____________________________

#45 Sep 24 2009 at 9:43 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
woooter wrote:
That's not the correct implementation.

Yo FFXIV I'm happy for ya and I'ma let ya finish, but WoW is one of the best MMORPGs of all time! Of all time!



Edited, Sep 25th 2009 1:42am by woooter


AHAHAHA!!! Not true but AHAHAHAHA!!!
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#46 Sep 24 2009 at 9:44 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
This was the best thread of all time.
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#47Carbi, Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 9:47 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It's almost like a happy ending :)
#48 Sep 24 2009 at 10:01 PM Rating: Decent
*
145 posts
haha, oh Kanye west your such a *** fish.....
#49 Sep 24 2009 at 10:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
158 posts
I think i'm a little late to the party but... @"people who are not 3d artists" when a 3D artist says that your wrong that the poly count, textures, or anything else 3d is bad in comparison to something else, there is no reason to doubt them... to people like us who have spent hours upon hours upon days upon weeks upon months doing nothing but making this stuff, saying their wrong in this subject is like saying someone is wrong about grass being green and the sky being blue, like computers are nothing but plastic casing with kumquat mush inside of them. It is that apparent to us.

In your defense though... I have learned this from living with people who do not share the same career path that the average player can have difficulty differentiating between high poly high graphical models and models that are well stylized. a model well stylized can still look great but (to us) it obviously has a much lower poly count etc.

same thing with animations, artists look at subtleties in an animation and can pick out just what makes it real and that is most often something we appreciate very much, the quality of timing, wind up and follow through, among other things. while average gamer tends to take these things into their subconscious and while still appreciates them on some level, they are more concerned about what the action actually is and how flashy it is.

I understand that not everyone is artists but when you say something you are uneducated about expect to be corrected, if you don't like being corrected you shouldn't be posting it on a public forum, it will only make you angry and frustrated.

____________________________
Asurean Taru

75 WHM
75 BRD
51 SMN
43 DRK
38 SAM
37 BLM
29 WAR
#50Pious, Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 10:25 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) This is some kind of joke right? Some lame attempt at humor?
#51 Sep 24 2009 at 10:49 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
188 posts
I agree somewhat with OP. I am very cautious about my excitement, because I'm not sure if SE's ambitions are large enough to outdo the competition. Their marketing techniques are very tiring as well, and cause me to lose interest.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)