Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

GillFollow

#1 Oct 15 2009 at 5:21 PM Rating: Sub-Default
**
602 posts
Well it seems like their going to stay with GIL as the main currancy in the game. IN the Lifestyles part wheir the cook sold the meat kabobs to a person they bought them for 20 gil. lol 20 gil

Edited, Oct 16th 2009 12:24am by Frebaut
____________________________
BANNED

#2 Oct 15 2009 at 5:34 PM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
It's spelled "Gil" with one L not Gilz, Gils or whatever other retarded spelling people come up with.

Also yes they are keeping it Gil because it was Gil from the very first Final Fantasy game. It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.
#3 Oct 15 2009 at 5:35 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,159 posts
Gill is an organ in aquatic animals that allows them to breath in water.

Gil is a fictional currency that has been used in the FF series since the beginning and as far as I know is in every game...I don't think there was any doubt that it would have been used.
#4 Oct 15 2009 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
******
48,703 posts
Duh?

Edited, Oct 15th 2009 7:36pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#5 Oct 15 2009 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
Actually, it is my understanding that Gil was originally an attempt by SE to call the currency Gold, but due to an engrish transrat problem, the word Gil was used, and stuck because someone liked it. Regardless though, Gil has been the currency since the times of yore, and I don't see SE changing it now. (This was also announced way back around Gamescon).
#6 Oct 15 2009 at 6:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,141 posts
CupDeNoodles wrote:
It's spelled "Gil" with one L not Gilz, Gils or whatever other retarded spelling people come up with.

Also yes they are keeping it Gil because it was Gil from the very first Final Fantasy game. It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.


Right, you berate him for misspelling gil, and then you say that chocobos and moogles are FF 'stables'...
____________________________
Striveldt

FFXIV: Lancer, Fisher, Culinarian
FFXI: DRK 55, WAR 30, THF 27, DRG 27 (all retired)
WoW: Hunter 70, Warrior 29, Druid 26, Warlock 22, Shaman 19 (all retired)
EQII: Shadowknight 36 (retired)
#7 Oct 15 2009 at 7:26 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,457 posts
lol
Quote:
stable
. Maybe it's because he had chocobo on his mind that he mixed up staple with stable. either way, irony is a b*tch lol.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#8 Oct 15 2009 at 9:21 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
This thread is terrible.

All of you are just... terrible.

Edited, Oct 15th 2009 8:23pm by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#9Frebaut, Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 10:12 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lol, Its so funny sorry it's GIL, my bad the spell checker was on a vacation. Pull your !@# out your head and just relax. It's all good and when i see you in the game you aint gettin no gill from mee's. Take that to your bank and suck it hah ha hah ha ha ah aha ahahahahaojgodugvowperkjbv[wioejvpiwutv;
#10Frebaut, Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 10:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Stable??? Really... REALLY chech your own SH#t. you suck harder
#11 Oct 15 2009 at 11:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
your mother!
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#12 Oct 16 2009 at 12:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,145 posts
Gil is actually pronounced Jill for the record, instead of Gill. Doesn't stop me from calling it gill half the time out of habit but whatever, that's the official way to pronounce it.
#13 Oct 16 2009 at 1:47 AM Rating: Decent
**
424 posts
Quote:
This thread is terrible.

All of you are just... terrible.


'nuff said.

____________________________
Administrator Kaolian:
"Quote it correctly or don't quote it. That's called "how people get banned"..."

Actually it's called "Libel"... and only if it is fabricated, but hey, you are the admin.

AureliusSir the Irrelevant:
"They're on a tangent, but they aren't off topic."
#14 Oct 16 2009 at 7:39 AM Rating: Excellent
I can't wait for FFXIV. I'm sure all the immature people will stay behind leaving only friendly, intelligent people to populate the FFXIV servers and forums. Hurray!
____________________________
Vawn (Rank 10 San d'Oria Bastok Windurst)
All jobs 75
Amanomurakumo

My 5-Box FFXI Setup (Pictures)
SoullessSoliders Adventures
#15 Oct 16 2009 at 8:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
977 posts
CupDeNoodles wrote:
It's spelled "Gil" with one L not Gilz, Gils or whatever other retarded spelling people come up with.

Also yes they are keeping it Gil because it was Gil from the very first Final Fantasy game. It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.


One really must love the irony life brings.
____________________________
A drink. A drink. A drink.
#16 Oct 16 2009 at 9:09 AM Rating: Decent
CupDeNoodles wrote:
It's spelled "Gil" with one L not Gilz, Gils or whatever other retarded spelling people come up with.

Also yes they are keeping it Gil because it was Gil from the very first Final Fantasy game.


CupDeNoodles, when you try to correct others on Internet forums it is like debating in the Special Olympics...

CupDeNoodles wrote:

It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.


You might be right, but you're still a ******.
____________________________
Vawn (Rank 10 San d'Oria Bastok Windurst)
All jobs 75
Amanomurakumo

My 5-Box FFXI Setup (Pictures)
SoullessSoliders Adventures
#17 Oct 16 2009 at 11:05 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,159 posts
Frebaut wrote:
Stable??? Really... REALLY chech your own SH#t. you suck harder


That was most likely just a typo as he meant staple, not stable. Keep in mind he only misspelled the word once and could mean he knew how it was spelled but simply pressed the wrong key. You, however, misspelled gil four times, suggesting you had no clue how to spell it. Unbelievable as that may sound.
#18 Oct 16 2009 at 11:48 AM Rating: Excellent
******
48,703 posts
Frebaut wrote:
CupDeNoodles wrote:
Frebaut wrote:
Gill
It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.
Stable??? Really... REALLY chech your own SH#t. you suck harder
Ladies and gentlemen: The Fail Pyramid.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#19 Oct 16 2009 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Frebaut wrote:
CupDeNoodles wrote:
Frebaut wrote:
Gill
It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.
Stable??? Really... REALLY chech your own SH#t. you suck harder
Ladies and gentlemen: The Fail Pyramid.
classic

Edited, Oct 16th 2009 2:01pm by shintasama
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#20 Oct 16 2009 at 12:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,141 posts
shintasama wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Frebaut wrote:
CupDeNoodles wrote:
Frebaut wrote:
Gill
It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.
Stable??? Really... REALLY chech your own SH#t. you suck harder
Ladies and gentlemen: The Fail Pyramid.
classic

Because the bigger it is, the harder it falls (and the cooler it looks.)
____________________________
Striveldt

FFXIV: Lancer, Fisher, Culinarian
FFXI: DRK 55, WAR 30, THF 27, DRG 27 (all retired)
WoW: Hunter 70, Warrior 29, Druid 26, Warlock 22, Shaman 19 (all retired)
EQII: Shadowknight 36 (retired)
#21 Oct 16 2009 at 1:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
315 posts
Quote:
Stable??? Really... REALLY chech your own SH#t. you suck harder


Sorry I felt obligated to point that out.
#22 Oct 16 2009 at 3:48 PM Rating: Default
**
621 posts
why do you care so much about spelling? chill out.

maybe it's because we don't got enough new FF14 info to discuss?
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#23 Oct 16 2009 at 4:16 PM Rating: Good
**
264 posts
I think its because the internet mainly serves two functions: **** Sites and Making Fun of Others. Who are we to question this?

Now, procede with the unconstructive criticism!! I'm calling the grammer police as I type. Hopefully, they will be here soon to take these criminals into custody.
____________________________
I also want double eyepatches, to increase my pirate bravado.
#24 Oct 16 2009 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
691 posts
Because the smarter you sound, the more people you can trick into thinking you know what you're talking about.

.

.

.

.

That being said...

This

Edited, Oct 16th 2009 6:38pm by Hulan
#25 Oct 16 2009 at 4:42 PM Rating: Good
**
952 posts
It was a typo. I wasn't making fun of him I was pointing out the mistake many make and then pointed out why they are using Gil again. If I wanted to insult him it would've came out something along the lines of..

"You ******* ignorant ******* *******. (see how I used ******* twice in one sentence? awesome I know) It's spelled Gil you ******* *******. It's been around since the first Final Fantasy you ********* Just like chocobos and moogles are a stable staple, so is ********** you."

A private message from Frebaut:

Quote:
Check your own sh*t. Stables you mean staples u dum ***, lol u suck hard.


I don't know if you're trolling or not. You must be trolling, there is no other explanation.

If you thought my original post was an attempt at making the OP look like a fool, I do believe he managed to do that to himself with his atrocious writing skills. That was just me pointing out a mistake that I've often seen.

So in closing bla bla poohpoohcaca nanana RAWR! internet tiger!.
#26 Oct 16 2009 at 6:24 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
977 posts
striveldt wrote:
shintasama wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Frebaut wrote:
CupDeNoodles wrote:
Frebaut wrote:
Gill
It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.
Stable??? Really... REALLY chech your own SH#t. you suck harder
Ladies and gentlemen: The Fail Pyramid.
classic

Because the bigger it is, the harder it falls (and the cooler it looks.)

and... back to the pyramid
____________________________
A drink. A drink. A drink.
#27Llester, Posted: Oct 17 2009 at 1:16 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) what a bunch of ******* douchebags
#28 Oct 27 2009 at 7:26 AM Rating: Decent
**
632 posts
striveldt wrote:

shintasama wrote:

lolgaxe wrote:

Frebaut wrote:

CupDeNoodles wrote:

Frebaut wrote:
Gill

It's a Final Fantasy stable like chocobos and moogles.

Stable??? Really... REALLY chech your own SH#t. you suck harder

Ladies and gentlemen: The Fail Pyramid.

classic


Because the bigger it is, the harder it falls (and the cooler it looks.)


Anyone notice that no matter how high the pyramid gets, Gill is still at the top?

I call misspelled pyramid scheme.
____________________________
Square Enix wrote:

We have received reports that a popular third-party FINAL FANTASY XI website had been infecting customers with malicious software...

We suggest that our customers read up on precautionary measures they can take to ensure the safety of their information online.

Square Enix, a company who cares... about your money.
#29 Oct 31 2009 at 3:08 PM Rating: Decent
13 posts
VawnLakshmi the Great wrote:
I can't wait for FFXIV. I'm sure all the immature people will stay behind leaving only friendly, intelligent people to populate the FFXIV servers and forums. Hurray!


And rmt? or are they friendly these days? I used to buy materials from them dirt cheap lol, so i guess some can be......
____________________________
Ñëôlÿñ:Shiva
Retired FFXI 3 years sober... ready 2 take a new shot
RDM 71, NIN69, BRD 75, THF 75, RNG 75
LSleader TEC(the elite chain)
Paleriders,Vanadiel Elite,UC,Tiramisu,kittykatgang
#30 Oct 31 2009 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
And here I was expecting something about Bill Murray's fish.
____________________________
90RDM/90BLM/90WHM/90NIN/90MNK
#31 Oct 31 2009 at 4:11 PM Rating: Good
***
1,822 posts
Frebaut wrote:
lol, Its so funny sorry it's GIL, my bad the spell checker was on a vacation. Pull your !@# out your head and just relax. It's all good and when i see you in the game you aint gettin no gill from mee's. Take that to your bank and suck it hah ha hah ha ha ah aha ahahahahaojgodugvowperkjbv[wioejvpiwutv;


Honestly you guys, he's pointing it out FOR YOU. Does he need to come right out and say "Okay, I was trolling, joke over"? I think people would still respond to this thread.

Quote:
I can't wait for FFXIV. I'm sure all the immature people will stay behind leaving only friendly, intelligent people to populate the FFXIV servers and forums. Hurray!


And this is exactly why we have to chase them off. I'm hoping people who've played FFXI for 5+ years get the special FFXIV in game item "Pepper Spray" which immobilizes a character it is used upon and renders them unable to use chat functions.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 29 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (29)