Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

I don't know what to say. . .Follow

#1 Nov 20 2009 at 5:37 PM Rating: Decent
So I've known about FFXIV (going to be ff14 here out) but didn't give it much look into for my own reasons:

1) I played FFXI for 3.5 years on ps2. Had to quit due to ps2 crashing on me again and me unable to repair it again (1 ps2, changed the guts so many times to play FFXI >.>).

2)Payment method.

3) My comp was just to low to actually play FFXI on it t.t


I loved FFXI. I do miss my Galka and my Wyvern Gizmo (<3 DRG).

I picked up WoW in Feb 2008, and have enjoyed my time (still do).

Flash forward to the other day. I bought a Game Informer for the Micky Mouse game (to read about it, it does look neat..need to pick up a Wii before it comes out) and inside the mag they had a small article about FF14.

What cought my eye was the pics of the races. All the races of FFXI are there, but "evolved".
So now I'm all exited about this game. It looks nice (what few images they had), the job system seems neat, and the "double" race (light and dark versions?) sounds fun for Roleplaying.

I'm all giddy (kiddy?) inside. I actually want this game...right now.
My comp won't be able to handle it, but i did pick up at ps3 a few weeks back.
So I'm ready.

Just hope there is better solo play than what was in FFXI (the article hints that there is) and that they do it right with a their payment system (most games now do the pre-paid cards. Lets go SE, join the awesomeness that is Pre-paid card so I can buy time when I have the cash ^-^).

I'm ready to start my WoW count-down to done timer. And start up the FF14 Comes out [ ] timer.

____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#2 Nov 20 2009 at 5:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
If you can play WoW on your pc then you can play FFXI too.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#3 Nov 20 2009 at 6:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
777 posts
Sandinmygum wrote:
Flash forward to the other day. I bought a Game Informer for the Micky Mouse game

Indeed, I look forward to that game, looks like to be one of the better platformers to come out \in a while. Though we won't know for certain until the reviews come out if the game succeeds, or has the massive problems that plague many franchise based games.
____________________________
KUMQUATS
#4 Nov 20 2009 at 7:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
I keep going back to the XIV site, but it still says Coming Soon and Codex Pages Lost. Smiley: mad
#5 Nov 20 2009 at 7:56 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
If you can play WoW on your pc then you can play FFXI too.


Unless FFXI's mini-spec were lowered, I was a tad low on ram/display/something that stopped me from continuing on, on my PC.
I did do some upgrades over the lat 2 years that I've been out of FFXI, but I just never came back. My FFXI time is done.
My Galka took his reborn trip, he his now someone else - not the same guy to me :p


Pikko wrote:
I keep going back to the XIV site, but it still says Coming Soon and Codex Pages Lost. Smiley: mad


Mag says spring '10 iirc. Works for me, as long as spring doesn't turn into fall, or 2010 turns into 20?? lol.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#6 Nov 21 2009 at 7:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Quote:
Unless FFXI's mini-spec were lowered, I was a tad low on ram/display/something that stopped me from continuing on, on my PC.
I did do some upgrades over the lat 2 years that I've been out of FFXI, but I just never came back. My FFXI time is done.
My Galka took his reborn trip, he his now someone else - not the same guy to me :p


WoW requirements actually increased. You'll have a tougher time with getting WoW to run then with FFXI. I did not mean that you have to play FFXI. Just that if you can play WoW in Northrend then your pc shouldn't be having trouble with FFXI.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#7 Nov 21 2009 at 8:40 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
Sandinmygum wrote:
[quote]
Mag says spring '10 iirc. Works for me, as long as spring doesn't turn into fall, or 2010 turns into 20?? lol.


With FFXIII coming out in March, I'd look for XIV to be released well after that. Squenix won't release both at the same time, and closer to Summer seems to be a better time for a MMO release (kids out of school, vacations, whatnot). When information about the beta starts coming out, we'll have a better reference for guessing.
#8 Nov 21 2009 at 10:32 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
I quit FFXI about 4 years ago and been playing WoW on and off since. I just returned to FFXI. Started a new character and I must say I'm having a BLAST!!! It's much easier to start a fresh toon now than it was back then. I say play FFXI until FFXIV comes out! I never got to finish all my CoP and ToAU missions and I want to have them done before FFXIV. I rolled on Asura which is nicely populated and the people are so nice and fun! Even after all WoW added and how long FFXI has been out, it's still a better game :) Oh and I play on a PC and it plays nice!

Edited, Nov 21st 2009 11:44am by IamTuck
____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#9 Nov 21 2009 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
Pikko wrote:
I keep going back to the XIV site, but it still says Coming Soon and Codex Pages Lost. Smiley: mad

They're probably going to update the site a little at a time to keep us coming back. Someone will find those codex pages, I'm sure.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#10 Nov 21 2009 at 1:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
253 posts
Quote:
I quit FFXI about 4 years ago and been playing WoW on and off since. I just returned to FFXI. Started a new character and I must say I'm having a BLAST!!! It's much easier to start a fresh toon now than it was back then. I say play FFXI until FFXIV comes out! I never got to finish all my CoP and ToAU missions and I want to have them done before FFXIV. I rolled on Asura which is nicely populated and the people are so nice and fun! Even after all WoW added and how long FFXI has been out, it's still a better game :) Oh and I play on a PC and it plays nice!


STOP tempting me from playing the game for the 4th time. :D I think I might have started playing it again 2.5 years but I lost all my CDs and the manual that had all my account information and passwords. I did try to contact their customer service but gave up after getting zero replies to my emails and endless sessions of being kept on hold waiting for a customer rep.

Playing it on the PC was fine IMHO. When I had to travel long distances, I would used a USB PS2 controller. It was pretty nice controller since it had a built in fan to keep my hands cool.

____________________________
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
We are the BLU. Lower your shields and power down your weapons. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile
#11 Nov 22 2009 at 4:08 PM Rating: Decent
******
48,733 posts
Ralrra the Eccentric wrote:
Pikko wrote:
I keep going back to the XIV site, but it still says Coming Soon and Codex Pages Lost. Smiley: mad
They're probably going to update the site a little at a time to keep us coming back. Someone will find those codex pages, I'm sure.
They're probably in the mines. Smiley: grin
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 13 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (13)