Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

so i still haven't received my beta confirmation e-mail...Follow

#1 Jan 24 2010 at 6:55 PM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
... anyone else in the same boat? i signed up myself and my brother for the beta test, triple checked everything each time to make sure the form was completed correctly, and still no word after a month. should i be concerned? should i sign up again? any (serious) input is appreciated.

thanks.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#2 Jan 24 2010 at 6:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
224 posts
I wouldn't sign up again, as it states if you sign up twice you will be removed as a candidate.

Quote:
* Applicants may apply only once. Repeat submissions from an individual will invalidate all of that individual’s applications.
____________________________
75 blm, 75 nin, 75 brd, 64 bst, 57 pld, 53 rdm
NPC 65
RotZ= Complete
CoP= 8.1
Retired from FFXI.
Retired from LOTRO
Retired from Rift
#3 Jan 24 2010 at 7:08 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
8,779 posts
just relax. the more anxious you get about it the worse the wait is. i find it helps to busy yourself with something else game-related, like in my case, playing a bunch of mass effect in preparation for the release of mass effect 2.
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#4 Jan 24 2010 at 7:24 PM Rating: Decent
*
73 posts
Yeah its all about just being chill. Eventually beta will start and if you're lucky you'll be picked to be one of the people in it. I'm currently Playing Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine (MMORPG) and Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 on the PS2. I'm also waiting for No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. So just find something to occupy your time and chill.
#5 Jan 24 2010 at 8:11 PM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
maybe i should clarify. it sounds like some people got a "form completed" e-mail (or equivalent) when they finished their forms- shouldn't I have gotten that by now? i'm not talking about the actual beta invite itself
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#6 Jan 24 2010 at 8:16 PM Rating: Decent
*
181 posts
Onionthiefx wrote:
... anyone else in the same boat? i signed up myself and my brother for the beta test, triple checked everything each time to make sure the form was completed correctly, and still no word after a month. should i be concerned? should i sign up again? any (serious) input is appreciated.

thanks.
Two applications is okay but filling out more could cause those applications to be rejected. Those applications will remain in effect and if you don't get in the first round of invites then you can still get into the second round of invites with those. You won't get an email saying that your application went through. Beta FAQ



Edited, Jan 25th 2010 1:36am by KeeperOfTheStaff
#7 Jan 24 2010 at 10:10 PM Rating: Decent
17 posts
Quote:
maybe i should clarify. it sounds like some people got a "form completed" e-mail (or equivalent) when they finished their forms- shouldn't I have gotten that by now? i'm not talking about the actual beta invite itself



I understand your question I think, I'm not sure anybody else has yet...

I did -not- get a confirmation e-mail about a successful entry into the Beta Pool.

I am not expecting to be picked yet! I am not looking for a download link for the beta! I just want to know my form got where it is supposed to go! I know 3 people who filled out an entire form and got a webpage saying the form got through, but no e-mail. And I know someone who DID get an e-mail. So should people who get no e-mail confirmation apply again?

Does it matter of we applied on the 'beta form launch day'? Maybe forms got lost in all of the traffic...did anybody who applied on the "launch day" get an confirmation e-mail about a successfully completed application?
#8 Jan 24 2010 at 10:11 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,075 posts
Personally, I have yet to actually receive any emails from SE regarding anything XIV related despite signing up my address when the site first went live. Attempts to re-register just have them tell me my email is already in the system. This does have me worried if I'm chosen for beta and the system is glitched, as when I registered initially it was pretty much getting hammered by everyone.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#9 Jan 24 2010 at 10:21 PM Rating: Decent
**
800 posts
I did not get a "form completed" email, and to my knowledge, no such thing exists for this beta. I'd be curious if anyone can confirm it.

My philosophy is that if I get picked, great. If I don't oh well, I'll wait till open beta. I have other things to occupy my time. :D
#10 Jan 24 2010 at 10:31 PM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
hmm okay good to know ^^ i was under the impression they did send a confirmation e-mail. thanks for easing my fears :)

edit: vyen, is that you from sylph? lol

Edited, Jan 24th 2010 10:32pm by Onionthiefx
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#11 Jan 25 2010 at 12:21 AM Rating: Decent
*
95 posts
Gotta wait, wait, and wait some more. It will leak when codes are released it always happens.
____________________________
Sin(SWTOR): 50 Jedi Sentinel

Krystalin(FFXI) :(retired) 85BRD/85BLM/85WAR/85BLU/85SAM/85DRG/85PLD/85RDM/85THF/85DRK/75BST/75PUP/75COR/75MNK/75NIN/75RNG

Vikzul(WoW):(retired) 80 rogue

Clytie(WoW):(retired) 80 pld
#12 Jan 25 2010 at 12:54 AM Rating: Good
Seriha wrote:
Personally, I have yet to actually receive any emails from SE regarding anything XIV related despite signing up my address when the site first went live. Attempts to re-register just have them tell me my email is already in the system. This does have me worried if I'm chosen for beta and the system is glitched, as when I registered initially it was pretty much getting hammered by everyone.


I have the same problem Seriha, and I'm kinda worried too about receiving the potential Beta email Smiley: eek

I even sent their customer service an email and basically got a no-response reply saying they aren't able to help, etc... :/
#13 Jan 25 2010 at 2:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
482 posts
Seriha wrote:
Personally, I have yet to actually receive any emails from SE regarding anything XIV related despite signing up my address when the site first went live. Attempts to re-register just have them tell me my email is already in the system. This does have me worried if I'm chosen for beta and the system is glitched, as when I registered initially it was pretty much getting hammered by everyone.


I'm in the same boat, I haven't recieved any emails regarding FFXIV at all >.<
____________________________
Kuyo - Hume Male - Pandemonium server (Retired)
75 Monk, 75 Samurai
#14 Jan 25 2010 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
Well as the FAQ states, if you're unsure as to whether or not your application has been accepted go back to the Beta site, and try to apply again, before you even get to the form a message should come up saying 'you have already applied' or something along those lines. Give it a go if your unsure, I just did it and its put my mind at ease.

Edited, Jan 25th 2010 2:16pm by SpikeoElward
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
#15 Jan 25 2010 at 6:44 PM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
Quote:
Well as the FAQ states, if you're unsure as to whether or not your application has been accepted go back to the Beta site, and try to apply again, before you even get to the form a message should come up saying 'you have already applied' or something along those lines. Give it a go if your unsure, I just did it and its put my mind at ease.


Thanks, I'll do that right away.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#16 Jan 25 2010 at 6:50 PM Rating: Good
*
219 posts
Glad I could help
____________________________
Spikeo 75 RDM - Gilgamesh - Retired
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)