Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

FFXIV Confirmed for Xbox360 Console (maybe?)Follow

#1 Feb 02 2010 at 11:46 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,269 posts
http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/02/square-enix-cv-confirms-ffxiv-for-360/

Quote:
A LinkedIn CV from a Square Enix employee has finally confirmed what’s been obvious for a while: Final Fantasy XIV is coming to Xbox 360.

The profile of Yuuki Akama shows the MMO will be appearing on the platform alongside releases on PC and PlayStation 3.

It says:

“Final Fantasy XIV” for PC, PS3, Xbox360″

It also mentions she is working on Final Fantasy Agito XIII and The Third Birthday for PSP.

The writing’s been on the wall for a long time for the MMO.

Last year in Cologne, FFXIV director Hiromichi Tanaka told VG247 at Gamescom that discussions with Microsoft to bring the title to 360 were being held, but issues with how Xbox Live is handled were upholding talks.

However, so far, Square’s only confirmed it for PC and PS3 per the announcement at Sony’s E3 press conference.

Tanaka also mentioned in our interview with him last year, that the words “launch timing” were cut out of the annnouncement of the game by SCEA boss Jack Tretton.

It’s due out sometime this year. No exact date’s been announced yet.


This is pretty awesome considering I don't have a PC good enough to run the game, or a PS3... and probably cannot spare enough cash for either any time soon.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2010 9:39am by Kuwoobie
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#2 Feb 02 2010 at 11:53 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
I'm going to be running it on my gaming PC, as it's pretty high spec and up to date, but this is a very wise decision on Square Enix's end. I'm glad to hear it's coming to the 360, it will help out a lot of my friends. I just wonder what system they will use for the monthly subscription + Xbox live. Maybe they'll make some kind of special deal with Square Enix?

Edit: Ohh, so it's not official? Hopefully it becomes official then...

Edited, Feb 2nd 2010 11:47pm by EndlessJourney
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#3 Feb 02 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
Wouldn't be surprised if it is, but since they haven't confirmed it officially yet, I'm guessing the 360 will be getting a late launch.
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#4 Feb 02 2010 at 11:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
6,269 posts
Kirbster wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if it is, but since they haven't confirmed it officially yet, I'm guessing the 360 will be getting a late launch.


I'm assuming this as well. I originally heave heard they were having difficulty coming up with a way to work around Xbox Live's strict policies and that it was slowing down their progress for an Xbox release.

The article says they're supposed to be released at the same time, but I highly doubt it considering they don't even know when it's going to be released at all (on any system).
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#5 Feb 03 2010 at 12:02 AM Rating: Decent
**
495 posts
I was hoping someone would post this just so I can tear it to pieces, but it seems another idiotic site actually called it news like the other one on neogaf.

This confirms nothing. Everyone that actually followed FFXIV knew they were developing a xbox360 version, in fact the original showcase for the project was running DURING an Xbox360 conference during E3 and there was even a time when it was 360/PC and "maybe" PS3. The reason its not on 360 is because of difference related to SE and Microsoft over the use of Xbox Live and specifically implementation and revenue disagreements. I see no where in this 'confirmation' that states that part was corrected so no its still not coming "at this time" to the 360 until those agreements were settled. Secondly the person they are 'quoting' just took down the 360 part from the resume on the actual site that it was posted, so its clear it wasn't supposed to be up there to begin with.

Will it show up on the 360? Maybe, SE clearly wants to do it, but than again they also wanted to put FFXI on the Xbox and ended up not doing that one either because of "Xbox Live disagreements" so its really not as inevitable as some might think.

Edit: just so people know where the 'info' was pulled from. It was this site

http://jp.linkedin.com/pub/yuuki-akama/13/153/b86

As you can see the info they supplied as news was deleted completely, even the info that the person is even working on FFXIV anymore.

Edited, Feb 3rd 2010 1:16am by croythegreat
#6 Feb 03 2010 at 12:14 AM Rating: Good
**
296 posts
Yeah... misleading thread title, since this was Not an official confirmation by SE at all. It's been made clear since last E3 that SE was interested in bringing 14 to the 360, and this mention could very well hint that actual development on the 360 port has resumed. But confirmation? Not even close.

I'm very happy for the 360 fanbase if this ends up meaning that the differences between MS and SE have been resolved. My only gripe will be if, after MS dragged out negotiations, the other versions of FFXIV are held back to release alongside the 360. I'm guessing we won't get ACTUAL confirmation about this situation until the upcoming E3.
#7 Feb 03 2010 at 12:29 AM Rating: Decent
**
495 posts
I actually feel really sorry for the people that are 360 only with this article. The news site gave them false hope. I mean sure a 360 version is likely to 'eventually' release (I am fairly posititve it will come but I still hold reservation... not like it matters to me because I got a great PC and all 3 consoles >.> even Wii) but in no way is it a confirmation. It doesn't even give any new info, in fact it actually gives bad info. The accusation of a 'confirmed' was just deleted completely from their 'source' because they were obviously not supposed to take it the way they did and it only confirms nothing has been settled yet.
#8 Feb 03 2010 at 1:03 AM Rating: Decent
*
191 posts
I am personally hoping SE and M$ work out their differences and make a system to where this can be released on 360. I would play it on there more than anything.
____________________________
Hyanmen wrote:
It's a frocobo, duh.


Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (WiiU): comatose1
#9 Feb 03 2010 at 1:19 AM Rating: Good
**
566 posts
As a 360 owner, I pray they don't release 14 for it. I'd much rather not have to deal with "360 limitations" a year and a half after release. It truely is a crappy system.
#10 Feb 03 2010 at 1:34 AM Rating: Default
*
191 posts
DsComputer wrote:
As a 360 owner, I pray they don't release 14 for it. I'd much rather not have to deal with "360 limitations" a year and a half after release. It truely is a crappy system.


Sony fanbois say what? There is absolutely no reason there would be limitations with the system.
____________________________
Hyanmen wrote:
It's a frocobo, duh.


Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (WiiU): comatose1
#11 Feb 03 2010 at 2:36 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,084 posts
flukedrk wrote:
DsComputer wrote:
As a 360 owner, I pray they don't release 14 for it. I'd much rather not have to deal with "360 limitations" a year and a half after release. It truely is a crappy system.


Sony fanbois say what? There is absolutely no reason there would be limitations with the system.


There are limitations for every console, as they are not upgradable. That is simply fact.
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#12 Feb 03 2010 at 2:40 AM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
*****
13,048 posts
Kirbster wrote:
flukedrk wrote:
DsComputer wrote:
As a 360 owner, I pray they don't release 14 for it. I'd much rather not have to deal with "360 limitations" a year and a half after release. It truely is a crappy system.


Sony fanbois say what? There is absolutely no reason there would be limitations with the system.


There are limitations for every console, as they are not upgradable. That is simply fact.

Yeah, but you could say the same thing for PS3; ****, look at FFXI. The graphics engine is hopelessly out of date because SE made it to run on PS2.

It's the way these MMOs work. I personally have no problem if they make it on the 360 (I'd actually prefer it: I could then sell my gaming rig for a tidy profit), and I'd enjoy it quite a bit.

When next-gen consoles come out, if the game is still going (it likely won't be), then they can either make a new expansion for those people, or just make FFXX or whatever number they're on by then, like they have for FFXIV.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#13 Feb 03 2010 at 4:36 AM Rating: Good
**
566 posts
Kirbster wrote:
flukedrk wrote:
DsComputer wrote:
As a 360 owner, I pray they don't release 14 for it. I'd much rather not have to deal with "360 limitations" a year and a half after release. It truely is a crappy system.


Sony fanbois say what? There is absolutely no reason there would be limitations with the system.


There are limitations for every console, as they are not upgradable. That is simply fact.


First, I didn't say anything about Sony. I'd rather play on PC. It won't be the cause of any kind of limitations whatsoever. They're upgradable, unlike consoles, like Kirbster said. Which was my entire point. X-box has the probability of being the first cause of "system limitations" for 14, if they release for it. It's a ****** system. I've owned about 30 games for it, and none of the 3 X-boxes I've gone through have played any of them flawlessly. ****, it doesn't even play FFXI flawlessly, an 8 year old PS2 game.

If I weren't at a point in FFXI where I play casually, I'd still be using a computer and I'd sell my crapbox.
#14 Feb 03 2010 at 9:28 AM Rating: Default
*
191 posts
DsComputer wrote:
Kirbster wrote:
flukedrk wrote:
DsComputer wrote:
As a 360 owner, I pray they don't release 14 for it. I'd much rather not have to deal with "360 limitations" a year and a half after release. It truely is a crappy system.


Sony fanbois say what? There is absolutely no reason there would be limitations with the system.


There are limitations for every console, as they are not upgradable. That is simply fact.


First, I didn't say anything about Sony. I'd rather play on PC. It won't be the cause of any kind of limitations whatsoever. They're upgradable, unlike consoles, like Kirbster said. Which was my entire point. X-box has the probability of being the first cause of "system limitations" for 14, if they release for it. It's a sh*tty system. I've owned about 30 games for it, and none of the 3 X-boxes I've gone through have played any of them flawlessly. ****, it doesn't even play FFXI flawlessly, an 8 year old PS2 game.

If I weren't at a point in FFXI where I play casually, I'd still be using a computer and I'd sell my crapbox.


Because said 8 year old game was hardcapped at 29.95FPS. And you must have some seriously ****** luck. I haven't had any problems with the games I play on mine. Granted I'm not everyone, but then you're doing just the same with the sweeping generalizations. While yes they aren't upgradable per se, you can get bigger hard drives, which was the big limiting factor for the PS2.
____________________________
Hyanmen wrote:
It's a frocobo, duh.


Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (WiiU): comatose1
#15 Feb 03 2010 at 10:04 AM Rating: Good
**
423 posts
Quote:
While yes they aren't upgradable per se, you can get bigger hard drives, which was the big limiting factor for the PS2.


uh you sure? The hard drive for PS2 was ... 40. No matter how much space the game took up it never used the full hard drive and even then there were very few games that actually supported it so there was never a risk of overrunning the drive

9.5gb is about the right size for the game now that i look. Hardly full.

Maybe for the xbox as i know games like Team Fortress 2, valve specifically has stated on their tf2 blog "We have the patch ready but need to tweak it for the xbox to conform to hard drive limitations." Mainly because multiple games on those drives enforce keeping your game at a specified size. Well unless of course sony makes SE conform to a certain size on the ps2 drive, but i doubt it.

However on a different note. I don't care if it's on the 360. There is significantly more potential in gaming systems then there was with the last gen titles. The biggest problem before was unsupported/untested things being done on a console. No one had used the hard drive and no one supported it. Basically turning into the gun for NES or the CD drive on the genesis.

I wouldn't mind if it popped up, but i like making my friends buy ps3's to play with me, makes me laugh.
#16 Feb 03 2010 at 10:26 AM Rating: Default
*
191 posts
boriss wrote:
Quote:
While yes they aren't upgradable per se, you can get bigger hard drives, which was the big limiting factor for the PS2.


uh you sure? The hard drive for PS2 was ... 40. No matter how much space the game took up it never used the full hard drive and even then there were very few games that actually supported it so there was never a risk of overrunning the drive

9.5gb is about the right size for the game now that i look. Hardly full.


Which is precisely why they used and reused and re-reused models with recolors. Less space taken up when it could just call a certain model with a new skin. I have no problem with the PS3 and if they don't release it on the 360, I will no doubt buy one. But I would really like my 360 to not become just my spartan green thing sitting there collecting dust.
____________________________
Hyanmen wrote:
It's a frocobo, duh.


Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (WiiU): comatose1
#17 Feb 03 2010 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
**
566 posts
flukedrk wrote:
DsComputer wrote:
Kirbster wrote:
flukedrk wrote:
DsComputer wrote:
As a 360 owner, I pray they don't release 14 for it. I'd much rather not have to deal with "360 limitations" a year and a half after release. It truely is a crappy system.


Sony fanbois say what? There is absolutely no reason there would be limitations with the system.


There are limitations for every console, as they are not upgradable. That is simply fact.


First, I didn't say anything about Sony. I'd rather play on PC. It won't be the cause of any kind of limitations whatsoever. They're upgradable, unlike consoles, like Kirbster said. Which was my entire point. X-box has the probability of being the first cause of "system limitations" for 14, if they release for it. It's a sh*tty system. I've owned about 30 games for it, and none of the 3 X-boxes I've gone through have played any of them flawlessly. ****, it doesn't even play FFXI flawlessly, an 8 year old PS2 game.

If I weren't at a point in FFXI where I play casually, I'd still be using a computer and I'd sell my crapbox.


Because said 8 year old game was hardcapped at 29.95FPS. And you must have some seriously sh*tty luck. I haven't had any problems with the games I play on mine. Granted I'm not everyone, but then you're doing just the same with the sweeping generalizations. While yes they aren't upgradable per se, you can get bigger hard drives, which was the big limiting factor for the PS2.


If you mean saying it's the probable candidate for system limitations is a sweeping statement, I'd say it has some validity. Which console do you hear about having more problems? All I've ever heard bad about PS3 was a generation that came with bad (easily replaced) drives. X-box is on what generation now, and we're still getting RRoD'd? I'd say there are issues.


As for ****** luck, everyone I know who has an X-box is on their second or third or even fifth ones. They're junk. I guess your luck just hasn't run out yet.
#18 Feb 03 2010 at 10:50 AM Rating: Default
*
191 posts
DsComputer wrote:
flukedrk wrote:
DsComputer wrote:
Kirbster wrote:
flukedrk wrote:
DsComputer wrote:
As a 360 owner, I pray they don't release 14 for it. I'd much rather not have to deal with "360 limitations" a year and a half after release. It truely is a crappy system.


Sony fanbois say what? There is absolutely no reason there would be limitations with the system.


There are limitations for every console, as they are not upgradable. That is simply fact.


First, I didn't say anything about Sony. I'd rather play on PC. It won't be the cause of any kind of limitations whatsoever. They're upgradable, unlike consoles, like Kirbster said. Which was my entire point. X-box has the probability of being the first cause of "system limitations" for 14, if they release for it. It's a sh*tty system. I've owned about 30 games for it, and none of the 3 X-boxes I've gone through have played any of them flawlessly. ****, it doesn't even play FFXI flawlessly, an 8 year old PS2 game.

If I weren't at a point in FFXI where I play casually, I'd still be using a computer and I'd sell my crapbox.


Because said 8 year old game was hardcapped at 29.95FPS. And you must have some seriously sh*tty luck. I haven't had any problems with the games I play on mine. Granted I'm not everyone, but then you're doing just the same with the sweeping generalizations. While yes they aren't upgradable per se, you can get bigger hard drives, which was the big limiting factor for the PS2.


If you mean saying it's the probable candidate for system limitations is a sweeping statement, I'd say it has some validity. Which console do you hear about having more problems? All I've ever heard bad about PS3 was a generation that came with bad (easily replaced) drives. X-box is on what generation now, and we're still getting RRoD'd? I'd say there are issues.


As for sh*tty luck, everyone I know who has an X-box is on their second or third or even fifth ones. They're junk. I guess your luck just hasn't run out yet.


From what I have heard/read this is where M$ is ******, when you send it in to get your RRoD fixed, instead of putting in one of the new Jasper boards, they use whatever they have laying around. About the PS3, I have heard about people bricking them (to where it's essentially a 300-400 dollar paperweight) and also the overheating problem which also plagues the 360.
____________________________
Hyanmen wrote:
It's a frocobo, duh.


Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (WiiU): comatose1
#19 Feb 03 2010 at 11:00 AM Rating: Good
**
423 posts
Quote:
From what I have heard/read this is where M$ is sh*tty, when you send it in to get your RRoD fixed, instead of putting in one of the new Jasper boards, they use whatever they have laying around. About the PS3, I have heard about people bricking them (to where it's essentially a 300-400 dollar paperweight) and also the overheating problem which also plagues the 360.


One of the reasons i like the new PS3 Slims. They are supposed to be better in virtually every way. Most old parts cannot be recycled and they even have a new generation of chip in them too. Although not faster it is superior to the old one.

Funny cause we never hear about the Wii having failures and when we do it's usually someone throwing their remote through the tv... haha.
#20 Feb 03 2010 at 11:08 AM Rating: Default
*
191 posts
boriss wrote:
Quote:
From what I have heard/read this is where M$ is sh*tty, when you send it in to get your RRoD fixed, instead of putting in one of the new Jasper boards, they use whatever they have laying around. About the PS3, I have heard about people bricking them (to where it's essentially a 300-400 dollar paperweight) and also the overheating problem which also plagues the 360.


One of the reasons i like the new PS3 Slims. They are supposed to be better in virtually every way. Most old parts cannot be recycled and they even have a new generation of chip in them too. Although not faster it is superior to the old one.

Funny cause we never hear about the Wii having failures and when we do it's usually someone throwing their remote through the tv... haha.


Hah yeah, don't get me wrong, I loved my original 60gig PS3. Sadly my gf keeps nagging me about getting her a Wii. While I've told her over and over and over that the last thing I need is a WiiMote through my new LCD. She's pretty clumsy so I'm holding out until she either forgets about it or I get her a tv of her own.
____________________________
Hyanmen wrote:
It's a frocobo, duh.


Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (WiiU): comatose1
#21 Feb 03 2010 at 4:53 PM Rating: Decent
**
495 posts
As far as "Limitations" are concerned the PS3 and Xbox360 are nearly identical, they just function differently because of different manufacturing specs and you know what? It doesn't matter how 'crappy' the hardware might have been built inside, as long as the specs are similar, limitations will be there across both systems near equally. They both have similar RAM (360 actually comes ahead because the OS takes up less RAM than the PS3 one does) and although the PS3 processor 'theoretically' has twice the power of the 360 one, the actual computations needed for games when powered with both their GPU's comes out to be fairly similar.

My only issue with a 360 release at this point is if Microsoft gets too greedy with revenue and they limit the games potential because of their reluctance for anything user created whatso ever (see Unreal Tournament 3 fiasco), and their wish to have a gripping hold on anything that runs the game on their Live system (note that recent games that were originaly going to be cross-platform got an Xbox360 "only" version where the servers could be played only if you had Xbox Live which is counter to what SE wants to do, also not that several MMORPG were announced for 360 and later canceled because of failing during negotiations). FFXI is the exception to this rule apparantly they arn't offering a similar deal to SE otherwise I would fail to see the hold up.
#22 Feb 11 2010 at 4:46 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,622 posts
Playing an MMORPG on a 360 seems like begging for an RRoD, though..
____________________________
Blah
#23 Feb 11 2010 at 8:28 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,010 posts
croythegreat wrote:

My only issue with a 360 release at this point is if Microsoft gets too greedy with revenue and they limit the games potential because of their reluctance for anything user created whatso ever (see Unreal Tournament 3 fiasco), and their wish to have a gripping hold on anything that runs the game on their Live system (note that recent games that were originaly going to be cross-platform got an Xbox360 "only" version where the servers could be played only if you had Xbox Live which is counter to what SE wants to do, also not that several MMORPG were announced for 360 and later canceled because of failing during negotiations). FFXI is the exception to this rule apparantly they arn't offering a similar deal to SE otherwise I would fail to see the hold up.


The xbox live membership is a sore spot for a lot of folks. You'd think that M$ would see that and let more games work over silver - but they can't see the bigger picture.

The 360 hardware has made a very bad reputation for itself. You can talk all you want about how the "specs" are "similiar" and the "limitations" will be the "same" across both - but the potential for the ps3 is superior to what the 360 can offer right now, and that will end up being the benchmark in the future because it has a better overall reputation for quality.

My 360 died after just about two years of use. So what did I do? I sure as **** didn't buy another 360. I pulled my Ps2 out of storage, updated the game, and played FFXI happily while I purchased myself a new ps3. I've been a long time fan of Sony quality, and the fact that my ps2 is still in commission, almost ten years after I bought it, is a testament to the quality of the hardware (as an aside, my psx is still working as well). I was very disappointed that toward the end my 360 started to sound like a freaking airplane taking off every time I used it, and when it finally gave up the ghost I was almost happy. Besides that, there are still nothing but issues with FFXI locking up when "too much data" or whatever is passed through. The 360 can barely handle FFXI, and we're to expect it to run XIV flawlessly?

I'm not saying that SE is blameless because it was a ****** port initiative to begin with, but let's remember that it was ported to PC as well, and there aren't any issues on that Microsoft platform. So what's up with the 360?

I personally think we will be better off if SE waits until M$ releases something a little better quality than they have now. As it stands, I know quite a few people who won't be purchasing another 360 because it's just not worth it for a console that will break in a year or two. The Live membership system is just designed to suck the money out of people for a service that other consoles have had available for years, and for free. It's times like this that I am glad SE is a japanese company and will be loyal to Sony, because at least Sony isn't trying to suck every last dime out of me like Microsoft does.
#24 Feb 11 2010 at 9:47 AM Rating: Good
*
237 posts
Torrence wrote:
The xbox live membership is a sore spot for a lot of folks. You'd think that M$ would see that and let more games work over silver - but they can't see the bigger picture.

The 360 hardware has made a very bad reputation for itself. You can talk all you want about how the "specs" are "similiar" and the "limitations" will be the "same" across both - but the potential for the ps3 is superior to what the 360 can offer right now, and that will end up being the benchmark in the future because it has a better overall reputation for quality.

My 360 died after just about two years of use. So what did I do? I sure as **** didn't buy another 360. I pulled my Ps2 out of storage, updated the game, and played FFXI happily while I purchased myself a new ps3. I've been a long time fan of Sony quality, and the fact that my ps2 is still in commission, almost ten years after I bought it, is a testament to the quality of the hardware (as an aside, my psx is still working as well). I was very disappointed that toward the end my 360 started to sound like a freaking airplane taking off every time I used it, and when it finally gave up the ghost I was almost happy. Besides that, there are still nothing but issues with FFXI locking up when "too much data" or whatever is passed through. The 360 can barely handle FFXI, and we're to expect it to run XIV flawlessly?

I'm not saying that SE is blameless because it was a sh*tty port initiative to begin with, but let's remember that it was ported to PC as well, and there aren't any issues on that Microsoft platform. So what's up with the 360?

I personally think we will be better off if SE waits until M$ releases something a little better quality than they have now. As it stands, I know quite a few people who won't be purchasing another 360 because it's just not worth it for a console that will break in a year or two. The Live membership system is just designed to suck the money out of people for a service that other consoles have had available for years, and for free. It's times like this that I am glad SE is a japanese company and will be loyal to Sony, because at least Sony isn't trying to suck every last dime out of me like Microsoft does.


Wanting SE not to release a game on 360 becuase you feel Microsoft is trying to pry your hard earned cash from your steel ninja grip, or that early 360 owners were plauged with RROD issues, is shortsighted.

If your platform of choice is PS3 fantastic, if it's a PC good for you. But the smart bussiness decision would be to release a 360 version as well. It will over double the potential audience.

some reports show that ps3 has sold 30 mil untis vs 39 million 360's sold to date. I'd expect about 1% of console gamers to buy AND CONTINUE to subscribe to FFXIV. So if we took ps3 figures thats about 300k subs. we could probably expect the same from PC gamers. So 600k playes. thats not too bad. certinly a substainable world population, probably reflective of peak FFXI numbers. add 360 to that and you add another 300k players

(mind you this is all made us percents, but you can probably expect realisticly to have a low single digit % for ps3 owners to buy and continue to sub to FFXIV)

with 360 in the picture along with the ps3 and PC you can reach nearly 1 million continued subs easy.

the more the merrier. I think thats what people are missing here. Who cares if someone games on a 360 and you game on a PS3 we'd all be playing the same game in the same world. Thats what matters here. WE want as many people to have the chance to play this game and continue to sub so that on what ever platform we choose to game on we can see FFXIV blossom over the years to come.

let your inner fanboi go and think of the big picture. The more people subbing to FFXIV the longer the game will be supported.

and before more people go spouting off about console limitations and all that junk. If thats what you are worried about then you should be an advocate of FFXIV being PC only.

If you play on PS3 you can rest easy knowing you won't encounter RROD
if you play on 360 you can enjoy a cross platform game and hope for no RROD
if you play on PC you can blame the consoles for holding your $1500 gaming rig back.
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#25 Feb 11 2010 at 10:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
4,148 posts
Overlord Theophany wrote:
Yeah, but you could say the same thing for PS3; ****, look at FFXI. The graphics engine is hopelessly out of date because SE made it to run on PS2.


I'd say its more because they couldn't be bothered to make the changes needed to take advantage of better hardware. Its not like the PC version couldn't possibly have shipped with a few DVD's containing higher resolution textures, AF, AA and some code improving shadow and effects rendering or whatever.

What is even sadder is that this is in light of FFXI being the company's biggest single cash cow (game not franchise) by a very large margin.

Edited, Feb 11th 2010 11:50am by Levish
____________________________
Mishana: DRG | THF | RDM | NIN
#26 Feb 11 2010 at 12:52 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,010 posts
Quote:


Wanting SE not to release a game on 360 becuase you feel Microsoft is trying to pry your hard earned cash from your steel ninja grip, or that early 360 owners were plauged with RROD issues, is shortsighted.


Well, it's not just the early 360 owners. My ex told me that a guy RROD at a halo tourney not too long ago, and those are brand new boxes supplied by the league. It's a little naive to make a statement that it was only the "early owners" that have experienced issues with the hardware. Don't call someone a "fanboi" and then proceed to write an incredibly fanboi-ish post. It's poor form.

What I said, was that they should wait until M$ has something a little better quality, and that it's good they are staying loyal to Sony because we won't see any of that "xbox exclusive" nonsense where the only option is to pay M$ for the experience. I think that you really got offended by my post, and I do apologize for hurting your feelings.

I simply don't believe that SE should cave to Microsoft's demands (especially to put the game on hardware that is shaky as it is), and if that means a playstation and pc only release - that's ok. There is no reason whatsoever that Xbox owners should have to pay an additional fee to a third party that the owners of other systems don't.
#27 Feb 11 2010 at 2:00 PM Rating: Decent
*
237 posts
Torrence wrote:

Well, it's not just the early 360 owners. My ex told me that a guy RROD at a halo tourney not too long ago, and those are brand new boxes supplied by the league. It's a little naive to make a statement that it was only the "early owners" that have experienced issues with the hardware. Don't call someone a "fanboi" and then proceed to write an incredibly fanboi-ish post. It's poor form.


My brothers bestfriend's sisters cousins roomates father once found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow! True story!

I'm not denying the the 360s RROD. But the fact of the matter is it's no where near as common as it was at launch. It's a stimga that will stick with the console for the rest of this generation.


FYI I own both 360 and a PS3. I'm gonna play FFXIII on my ps3 instead of on my 360. I'll play FFXIV on my ps3 even if it's out for 360.

I'm not a fanboi of either console. (I even told my freind to buy a ps3 instead of a 360 when he was undecided ) What I'm a fanboi of is the FF series. Maybe you should re-read my post and then call me naive for stating:

Expanding your potential audience by releasing FFXIV over 3 platforms will add to the success and logevity of the game.

Who F#CKING cares who plays the game on what piece of electronics. It's the same ******* debate back in SNES GENESIS days. I'm over that I'm not 13 anymore.

The market is flooded with MMO these days, and without a strong population to back a game the rate for perception of failure is high. If the game doesn't boast huge subscriber numbers then the public sees it as failed and is torn apart and burried on forums like these. This prevents people from even trying the game, or go into it with a preconcieved idea of the game, they can't get over it.

So again. I'm a fanboi of FF, I want to see this game prevail. So yes I want FFXIV to release on 360, if it doesn't thats too bad, because SE will be missing out on hundereds of thousands of potential players.
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#28 Feb 11 2010 at 2:40 PM Rating: Excellent
**
495 posts
I personally don't mind it going to the 360 because I always assumed it was heading to the 360. But whatever Microsoft is asking for from SE is apparantly something big enough they are not willing to release the game on the 360 yet. They are fully aware of the money potential just like you are so there has to be some reason they are reluctant and it seems to be over policy issues for Xbox Live (and not just monetary reasons) are keeping them from doing it. The actual systems don't have any noticiable limitations between the two of them, but the online systems are very different.

Just recently monster hunter was announced to be ported to the xbox live system and despite the potential of cross-platform being there, they demanded Live only servers, so already they have disinfranchised a game right out of the gate. Than you have Unreal Tournament 3 which was cross-platform PS3 and PC and you could even take mods from the PC version and install them on the PS3. The game comes out on the 360 and you know what happened? They forced Epic to make 360 only servers and absolutely zero modded content AND they charged for map packs that were free on the PS3. Other than FFXI I can't think of a single game on the 360 that is actually cross-platform, and I can think of only 2 games you can play online without gold membership, one being FFXI and the other PSU (which isn't cross-platform fyi).

Something in Lives policy is incredibly damning for any other MMORPGs heading to the 360 because several MMORPGs were slated to be on and than got canceled shortly before release or never heard from again. Now even SE is having more issues with them despite getting FFXI on it and even porting FFXIII to it. Whatever it is they don't feel like budging and seem to think since they have such a high market share now they can hold their position for ransom. If the game has to be compromised (their vision) for the game in any way because of Lives policies, than I welcome them never releasing it to the 360.
#29 Feb 11 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,010 posts
Quote:

My brothers bestfriend's sisters cousins roomates father once found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow! True story!


Wow, still upset huh? I did apologize for hurting your feelings, you know. And, my ex was watching a halo tourney while I was in the room and he pointed out the RROD. That's hardly on the same level as what you are describing.

I really think that you need to calm down. Your whole argument hinges on equal participation across all platforms. We already know that Japan is almost exclusively Sony hardware. Here in the US, we first have to find out how many of the ~500kish subscribers we actually fill up, and then figure out how many actually play on an Xbox exclusively. Until you can come up with those numbers, we don't really have much to argue about except "possibly" and "maybe". I have a feeling that the percentage of folks using Xbox hardware to play this game is lower than one would think.

Does it open another oppotunity? Sure it does. Will the opportunity make much of a difference, especially if SE has to cave and offer it only over a Gold membership?

I guess we'll see.
#30 Feb 11 2010 at 4:39 PM Rating: Decent
*
181 posts
Is anyone not going to play ffxiv for over a year worth of time just to wait for it to come out on the Xbox360? If ffxiv only has 720p for the Playstation3 then if the Xbox360 version has 1080p then i could see people replacing their PS3's (just like ffxi Ps2-Xbox for better graphics).

Edited, Feb 11th 2010 5:43pm by KeeperOfTheStaff
#31 Feb 15 2010 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
180 posts
I hope that FFXIV comes out for the 360 also, but only if it's available to play over the silver membership. The 360 port of FFXI really breathed life into the community for that game, and the more people playing FFXIV the better. I just don't want to see SE back down in their fight to keep 360 players from getting double charged to play an MMO.

That said, I hate the 360. I bought one to play the JRPGs that Sony was missing out on, and I die a little inside every time I have to turn it on. I feel like I could have ended up with a better console if I bought some cheap PC components and duct taped them together... Not to mention the ~500% markup they charge on all peripherals... $160 for a 120gig hard drive... $100 for a $15-25 wireless adapter? I canceled my gold membership after the first year and refuse to pay for what I've been able to do for free on the PC for years. Seeing 360 owners playing FFXIV on a silver membership would be a sweet victory against the money machine.
#32 Feb 15 2010 at 12:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,448 posts
I think I know what the 'policy issue' is. See, almost ALL multiplayer games require an XboxLive Gold membership. Basically, you have to pay microsoft to play with your friends. MS let FFXI slip by and require only the standard/free silver xboxlive account.

I bet this time MS is drawing the line and telling them FFXIV 360 customers will need a gold account, and SE doesn't like it because it would mean either double-charging their 360 playerbase or losing money and letting them play for free. This would cause people with a choice of platform to play on their 360's, further compounding the lack of revenue issue, so neither side wants to budge.

MS has set precedent for me to believe this, too. Cryptic's (currently spike flailing) MMO Star Trek: Online was aiming to see a release for the 360, but no news has come out and it has seemingly stalled. Awhile back, Craig Zink guy(project lead for ST:O) stated they had the game running on 360s in their offices, and they only had red tape/paperwork stuff to negotiate to bring their MMO to the 360. I imagine its the same thing again, MS wanting money to be the middle man.

I don't see how FFXIV will come to the 360 unless Microsoft can find a way to make a profit.(Or break even if they are losing something by allowing MMO access to silver memberships)

(now this is pure conjecture)I could see this happening if MS decides no communication is allowed to an xbox unless it goes through an MS server somewhere. Maybe they don't want anyone talking to an xbox over the internet except microsoft themselves, so they can't simply allow SE to figure it out on their end and let the game servers do a direct-connect to the 360s...maybe it has to go through MS live servers and thus would cause MS to lose money unless they only let gold members play...

____________________________
Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
Lacaan Vasiim:Cactuar
Free Company:Cactuar Corp<CCorp>
catwho wrote:
If you need a bard to get "good exp" in a merit party, you're the weakest link.
#33 Feb 15 2010 at 2:04 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
743 posts
The issue with 360 is two things: dedicated servers and xbox live gold as others mentioned above. MS demands online games be hosted on their servers so they can guarantee quality and make changes as they see fit. I'm going to assume these are the same reasons holding back FFXIV on 360 as I can't see any other reason.

And as much as I do hate to see any FF game not on a Sony platform, it'd be a retarded business decision by SE if they didn't try and sell their products on as many platforms as possible.
____________________________
Retired

10,000 Pages wrote:
Kaolian is become death; destroyer of all fun and good times.

Johnny Cash wrote:
Faith, it's like a flower of light in a field of darkness giving me the strength to carry on.
#34 Feb 15 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Decent
*
203 posts
well games with subscriptions (Phantasy Star and FF11) did not require gold, so I would assume 14 would not if it did come to 360. It would not surprise anyone if MS wanted to require gold status anyway.

But the bigger problem id see with the whole thing is of course the harddrive space. Im expecting it to be over 20gigs and since thats the default HDD space on 360, Id expect some kind of super over priced bundle with a HDD. MS recently started banning people who used third party HDD's just so they corner the market, much to owner's disgust.
____________________________
Valkerion:
75SMN 75MNK 75DRG 75PLD 65WHM Bahamut Server (RETIRED)
Sky:O Moon:O Sea:O

Calamityjane:
59BRD 32WHM Odin Server

Help yourself to my lucky charms
#35 Feb 15 2010 at 4:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
180 posts
Valkerion wrote:
well games with subscriptions (Phantasy Star and FF11) did not require gold, so I would assume 14 would not if it did come to 360. It would not surprise anyone if MS wanted to require gold status anyway.

But the bigger problem id see with the whole thing is of course the harddrive space. Im expecting it to be over 20gigs and since thats the default HDD space on 360, Id expect some kind of super over priced bundle with a HDD. MS recently started banning people who used third party HDD's just so they corner the market, much to owner's disgust.


They sell arcade systems with no hard drives also, so I'm pretty sure it would just say on the back of the box how much space is required. If the drive is 20gigs or less and the game requires more, the 360 owner will just be forced to buy one of Microsoft's absurdly overpriced drives. It's not really an issue for Microsoft or SE. FFXI was pretty much the only use for the PS2 hard drive and people still bought into that.

It's really about Microsoft allowing people to play online without a fee. If they allow SE to do this, then it opens to the door for other companies to want to do the same. In a market where every other platform allows free multiplayer online gaming, they're struggling to justify the pay model and maintain control. Personally I'd like to see the whole thing fall apart, like when they tried to charge for LIVE on PC. Microsoft rips off their customers enough as it is with cheaply made hardware and ridiculously priced accessories.
#36 Feb 15 2010 at 10:46 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,448 posts
One interesting thing to note about the 20gb HDD's: you only get 13.9gb for yourself. I asked tech support about this the other day, wondering why a format of my xbox 20gb HDD didn't net me, well, anything near 20gb. 13.9 free after format. In the email...wait, I'll just quote.

Microsoft Xbox support email reply wrote:

The Xbox 360 system reserves approximately 6 GB of space for the following:

Approximately 4 GB is reserved for game title caching and for other hard drive-specific game elements for games that support the use of the Xbox Hard Drive.

Approximately 2 GB is reserved for use by the Xbox 360 backwards-compatibility software that allows you to play older Xbox titles on the Xbox 360 console.

After you subtract the reserved space from the listed total, the following approximate amount of free space remains on the 20 GB hard drive:

Approximately 14 GB of free space for the 20 GB model


Having said that it looks like the xbox360's bottom of the barrel 20gb HDD would be the very first limitation either console would bring to the game. Can't fit hundreds of unique high-res textures on top of the rest of the game in 13.9 gb of space? oh darn. Guess it's back to moving the RGB value sliders around for SE if they support the 360. And I mean, you can't just pick up 360 and support it as a console then not cater to the lowest-common denominator, the 14gb 360 user.

In FFXI's case, the PS2 user. There's a rolling theme here. >.>
____________________________
Currently Playing: FFXIV:ARR
Lacaan Vasiim:Cactuar
Free Company:Cactuar Corp<CCorp>
catwho wrote:
If you need a bard to get "good exp" in a merit party, you're the weakest link.
#37 Feb 16 2010 at 12:35 PM Rating: Good
*
237 posts
FenrirXIII wrote:
One interesting thing to note about the 20gb HDD's: you only get 13.9gb for yourself. I asked tech support about this the other day, wondering why a format of my xbox 20gb HDD didn't net me, well, anything near 20gb. 13.9 free after format. In the email...wait, I'll just quote.

Microsoft Xbox support email reply wrote:

The Xbox 360 system reserves approximately 6 GB of space for the following:

Approximately 4 GB is reserved for game title caching and for other hard drive-specific game elements for games that support the use of the Xbox Hard Drive.

Approximately 2 GB is reserved for use by the Xbox 360 backwards-compatibility software that allows you to play older Xbox titles on the Xbox 360 console.

After you subtract the reserved space from the listed total, the following approximate amount of free space remains on the 20 GB hard drive:

Approximately 14 GB of free space for the 20 GB model


Having said that it looks like the xbox360's bottom of the barrel 20gb HDD would be the very first limitation either console would bring to the game. Can't fit hundreds of unique high-res textures on top of the rest of the game in 13.9 gb of space? oh darn. Guess it's back to moving the RGB value sliders around for SE if they support the 360. And I mean, you can't just pick up 360 and support it as a console then not cater to the lowest-common denominator, the 14gb 360 user.

In FFXI's case, the PS2 user. There's a rolling theme here. >.>


thats not necessarily true. The PS2 HD came in 1 flavor. So SE had to fit there whole game + future into that space.

Like PC gaming a gamer is at fault for purchasing a game that isn't playable on their system. If they game on a p4 2.8ghz 1gig ram and 7800 nvidia card. they can't expect to play the newest titles so they ahve to upgrade.

SE will have to state: " braodband internet connection required for gameplay" on back of all boxes sold. for 360 they can add " 60gig HD required for game play"

What about early ps3 adopters who are have the 20 gig model? won't they have to upgrade too? True they can buy a laptop HD for half the price and twice the space as a 360 HD. but they still may have to upgrade.


They whole point is they wider the audience available to FFXIV the better.

If the game is released for the 360 of what consiquince is it to the ps3 or the PC?
NONE! 360 users may have to suffer through paying for a gold membership and a bigger HD. Ps3 gamers will get to brag about saving a bundle of money over 360 users.

If FFXIV uses crystal tools and it's truely scalable to each platform then we won't have to wory about 1 system effectign another because the engine is just that scalable! 360 will have lower res textures, and less poly count Ps3 will be the middle ground and PC the king of the hill.

But thats not a reason to hold back a 360 release! It's just denying SE hundereds of thousands of potential subscribers.
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#38 Feb 16 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
131 posts
croythegreat wrote:

Just recently monster hunter was announced to be ported to the xbox live system and despite the potential of cross-platform being there, they demanded Live only servers, so already they have disinfranchised a game right out of the gate.

However you forget to mention that if you play Monster Hunter Frontier on xbox live you have to pay $15 dollars a month and that covers both the monthly fee for the game itself and also gives you a gold account. So if I get to play FFXIV and pay the standard fee then also get a gold account I don't see the issue as long as the game is still cross platform. If MS decides that it would only be a single platform then I could be upset because I would like to play both on my PC and my xbox 360.

Also to everyone else complaining about xbox 360 RROD in this thread. Why would it matter to you? If it is to your concern then don't purchase the platform, easy as that. I've had my xbox 360 since November 05 and I have never had to send it in for repair, but then again my friend has had to send his in twice. I know there is an issue with the hardware so I am not trying to negate that issue but not everyone is having issues. This thread reeks of fanboys, I cannot find a decent answer as to why FFXIV should not be on xbox 360 in this intire thread. The closest would be that it might have limitation but at the same time there might not be any limitations. This is not PS2, a lot of hardware advances have been made. The only real limitation I could see is HDD space because the early adopters are sporting 15GB of free space on their xbox 360.
#39 Feb 16 2010 at 2:26 PM Rating: Default
***
1,793 posts
Quote:

I cannot find a decent answer as to why FFXIV should not be on xbox 360 in this intire thread. The closest would be that it might have limitation but at the same time there might not be any limitations.


You answered the "why" question earlier in your post:

Quote:

If MS decides that it would only be a single platform then I could be upset because I would like to play both on my PC and my xbox 360.


But luckily for us, this whole thing isn't really "If M$ Decides" this or that, because the game is coming to Ps3 regardless of what they decide. SE is a Japanese company, and the first console on their minds is a Japanese console. No amount of arguing that the 360 is the second coming of Jesus Christ is going to change that.

Besides, I'd personally rather see the game stay cross-platform with at least the PC and Ps3, than come to ONLY the xbox 360 just because of some silly Microsoft Policy that is designed to exclude other platforms.
____________________________
75 RDM WHM DRK DRG PLD
58 BLM
56 WAR
#40 Feb 16 2010 at 2:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
480 posts
Terrain wrote:
[quote]
I cannot find a decent answer as to why FFXIV should not be on xbox 360 in this intire thread. The closest would be that it might have limitation but at the same time there might not be any limitations.


You answered the "why" question earlier in your post:

[quote]

So you are talking about RROD? or what exactly? RROD should not be a reason why a game shouldn't come to a console. Why would you care if someone gets RROD?
#41 Feb 16 2010 at 3:50 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,246 posts
Please, STOP saying that the 360 is supremely technically inferior.
It is not.
This isn't fanboyism is, this is technical data fact.

Processing Horsepower

The PS3 has 7 Usable (1 Backup 8 in total) cores - Yes. Making it waaaaay more useful then the 360 and its mere 3 cores? No.
The 360 has 3 cores, which can process two things at once -- Effectively 6 Cores.

1 less core, which is 99% of cases used to keep the XMB running in the background.

The way the CPUs work vary, but the two are very similar in raw power output. Microsoft are famed however, for having such an easy to work with Dev Kit. Sony have recently done the same to help people open up the true potential.


Graphics Chips and Memory

Memory - Practically identicle, no point trying to prove anything here

PS3's GPU Clocked at 550 MHz Created by Nvidia
360's GPU Clocked at 500 MHz Created by ATI

Again miniscule difference in power, regardless Clock speed only acounts for a tiny bit of graphics processing, the innards of the cards a near enough the same.


Next on the list. Blu-Ray.

Anyone using this as an excuse can just go away, far far away and never come back.

How do you think they're gonna make a PC version. Last I checked about 0.1% of the worlds population have a Blu-ray Drive in their PC. And before you say it, they already said it will be on physical media.

Other Factoids


==Due to it's DirectX architecture, it's incredibly easy porting from PC to 360 or Vise Versa
==On the highstreet a single Blu Ray disk costs about $7.99, whereas for just over double that you can get 25 Dual Layered DVDs. It doesn't equate exactly to the industry, but the same pricing applies in bulk. People saying it's too expensive to produce multiple DVDs are dellusional.
==If you were to use RRoD as an excuse, let me give you this to think about. Yes I agree it sucks that it can fail, for reasons beyond your control. However saying that a heavy CPU intensive game causing itwould imply the CPU is getting too hot. Whose fault is it if you don't venitlate it? Microsoft aren't completely retarded, they did allow enough room for it to cool by design.

I've only scratched the surface here, but do your **** research before you go off saying the 360 has weak hardware, Anything PS3 can do, and I mean ANYTHING, that inclucdes you Metal Gear Solid 4, the 360 could also do if they were willing to spread the disks.
If you need proof, wikipedia will always be there. Like I said, this isn't a fanboy comment, I haven't once bashed either console nor did I intend to.
____________________________
Meowth!
#42 Feb 16 2010 at 3:53 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,793 posts
RROD? Where did I post anything about RROD? I quoted the reason that YOU came up with for the rest of us having an issue with these drawn out negotiations:

Microsoft's push for ONRY xbox.

It's a fun gaming system, sure, but if SE is already having this much trouble negotiating a release on it because of Microsoft's "Policies", maybe it's better to just let it go. How much manpower should they have to put into this and how much of a profit loss should they really have to take just to bring this game to xbox?


EDIT: And this is kind of funny:
Quote:
However saying that a heavy CPU intensive game causing itwould imply the CPU is getting too hot. Whose fault is it if you don't venitlate it? Microsoft aren't completely retarded, they did allow enough room for it to cool by design.

I've only scratched the surface here, but do your **** research before you go off saying the 360 has weak hardware, Anything PS3 can do, and I mean ANYTHING, that inclucdes you Metal Gear Solid 4, the 360 could also do if they were willing to spread the disks.
If you need proof, wikipedia will always be there. Like I said, this isn't a fanboy comment, I haven't once bashed either console nor did I intend to.


I had an xbox as well. It was a good machine but it kicked after a while. I didn't treat it any differently than I treated my other 10 or so consoles (most of which still work) that I have owned over the course of my lifetime. A console shouldn't require 10 independent fans and an AC unit blowing directly on it just to avoid a situation where it overheats. I'm sorry, but that IS a design flaw and rests squarely in the laps of the folks in Redmond.

Aside from that, I don't think anyone wants to see developers starting to just chuck more discs at us because "the xbox could do everything the ps3 does if onry it was spread on more discs!" That argument, in and of itself, is kind of a weak one if you are trying to prove that the 360 is = to the ps3.

Edited, Feb 16th 2010 5:03pm by Terrain
____________________________
75 RDM WHM DRK DRG PLD
58 BLM
56 WAR
#43 Feb 16 2010 at 4:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
131 posts
Terrain wrote:
RROD? Where did I post anything about RROD? I quoted the reason that YOU came up with for the rest of us having an issue with these drawn out negotiations:

Microsoft's push for ONRY xbox.

It's a fun gaming system, sure, but if SE is already having this much trouble negotiating a release on it because of Microsoft's "Policies", maybe it's better to just let it go. How much manpower should they have to put into this and how much of a profit loss should they really have to take just to bring this game to xbox?

I didn't accuse you of saying anything, I was asking what you ment by limitation and yet you still dodged my question. What limitations do you think will take place because what people are talking about in here just makes it seem like fanboys. I don't think hardware issues should have any issue whether or not the game should come to the xbox 360.
#44 Feb 16 2010 at 5:24 PM Rating: Decent
*
132 posts
Keeperofthestaff:
Quote:
Is anyone not going to play ffxiv for over a year worth of time just to wait for it to come out on the Xbox360? If ffxiv only has 720p for the Playstation3 then if the Xbox360 version has 1080p then i could see people replacing their PS3's (just like ffxi Ps2-Xbox for better graphics).


No.

Research about XBox 360's plethora list of games and tell me the following:

1. How many of those games are native 720p?
2. How many of those games are native 1080p?
3. How many of those games are lower than 720p native?
4. How many of those games are 720p but upscaled to 1080p?

When you compare the result with PS3's games, then you will have your answer.

ditx:
Quote:
Next on the list. Blu-Ray.
Anyone using this as an excuse can just go away, far far away and never come back.

How do you think they're gonna make a PC version. Last I checked about 0.1% of the worlds population have a Blu-ray Drive in their PC. And before you say it, they already said it will be on physical media.


I agreed with every aspect of your post except this one.

This is doesn't make much sense.

1. Blu-ray superior to DVD in every way: Win
2. Blu-ray is the main stream standard for home theater experience now = Win
3. When buying the new PS3, you are getting a $300 game console plus a Blu-ray player for the price of one = Win
4. There's about 0.1% of the worlds population have Blu-ray drive in their PC. Ok... so why is this important? Are we not talking about consoles? Or more importantly, why not focus on how Blu-ray has revolutionized home theater systems.

Every way I think of it, I couldn't agree with it.

Terrain:
Quote:
Quote:

I cannot find a decent answer as to why FFXIV should not be on xbox 360 in this intire thread. The closest would be that it might have limitation but at the same time there might not be any limitations.


You answered the "why" question earlier in your post:

Quote:

If MS decides that it would only be a single platform then I could be upset because I would like to play both on my PC and my xbox 360.


But luckily for us, this whole thing isn't really "If M$ Decides" this or that, because the game is coming to Ps3 regardless of what they decide. SE is a Japanese company, and the first console on their minds is a Japanese console. No amount of arguing that the 360 is the second coming of Jesus Christ is going to change that.

Besides, I'd personally rather see the game stay cross-platform with at least the PC and Ps3, than come to ONLY the xbox 360 just because of some silly Microsoft Policy that is designed to exclude other platforms.


This has been my favorite post through out this entire thread. Right on the money. Specifically the print in bold.

The problem is, most North American gamers do look upon x360 as the second coming of Christ. It's real funny, but KROQ, the southern California NeuRock station actually worship it as if it's the only game console to have ever existed. Hence you hear about the console wars.

So every time I see some idiot talking trash about so and so is a Sony fanboy blah blah. It's like the moral of the two soldiers that escaped from battle. Soldier A ran away for 50 paces, Soldier B 100 paces. Soldier A laughs at B for running away from battle, while he ran away himself as well.

In before this who thread turns into another pointless console war debate...

Oh wait.. we're already doing it...
____________________________
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer
German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

#45 Feb 16 2010 at 6:02 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
131 posts
AliensAreHere wrote:


Terrain:
Quote:
Quote:
SE is a Japanese company, and the first console on their minds is a Japanese console. No amount of arguing that the 360 is the second coming of Jesus Christ is going to change that.



This has been my favorite post through out this entire thread. Right on the money. Specifically the print in bold.

Really?

http://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-wants-western-fans-doesn-t-want-an-fps-125640.phtml
I remember them saying something a little different. They want to cater to everyone is what it looks like to me.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 25 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (25)