Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

what will you miss from ffxi?Follow

#1 Feb 03 2010 at 1:48 AM Rating: Decent
*
108 posts

What will you guys miss about ffxi that might not carry over into ffxiv?

I know the zone music, Jeuno and WG..skillup messages..
random gobs killing your low lvl when you swear your out of sight and you look away to check out the tv..
moogles..shout wars..lfp in the dunes..rol-mart..

Edited, Feb 3rd 2010 3:27am by goblinpimp
____________________________
PS: Your Wonder Clomps and Fang Necklace at DRG75 are utter dogsh*t terrible. You've had an entire month and made no improvements in your gear.

Bsphil to Phantasydragon
#2 Feb 03 2010 at 5:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts

I think at this point it's impossible to answer your question for sure. We know so little about the game and we have absolutely no idea of what might not carry over to XIV feature-wise.

The only things we know won't be carried over for sure are things like towns and specific areas.

____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#3 Feb 03 2010 at 5:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
372 posts
I will miss my Mog House - I have a feeling that they wont be included, at least from the start since changing jobs is as simple as changing your weapons, and storage is going to use that Athorite...stuff... Urm let me find a link where I read that.

Quote:
Comparing FFXI and FFXIV – Aetheryte versus Mog House
They’ve said before that one of their target markets is current or former FFXI players. That said, there will be some people who are curious about what’s new and what’s different. Also interesting is how the game is being made differently from FFXI. One of the most obvious differences is in game play. Guildleves will be a large part of FFXIV. Where as FFXI had a lot of grinding in groups for long periods of time, it sounds like most guildleves will be on the short side, as short as 30 minutes, and have different goals that must be accomplished. Some players are already comparing it to the Assault system from FFXI. There is also a big difference in how you change jobs or roles. In FFXI, you had to talk to your house moogle or a nomad moogle to change jobs. In FFXIV, you can change classes freely without needing to return to any particular spot. The Armoury System was a concept they originally had for FFXI but now are able to make it a reality in FFXIV.

This change in how and where you can change classes also changes another part of game design. One of the nice features in FFXI was the Mog House, a semi-customizable homebase. The entrance was shared by everyone so no worries about getting lost or forgetting where your home is. In addition to item storage, it was the place to change your job as well. This feature is no longer needed for FFXIV. The Mog Houses were also in cities. You could log out quickly in your Mog House and then walk into the city to look for other people to play with. This was largely the case for big cities like Jeuno or Whitegate. However, in FFXIV, they want people to gather at Aetheryte and log out or in around there without having to go back into town often. In other words, you don’t really need a base camp in town either. Komoto goes so far as to say the Aetheryte replaces the need for Mog Houses. When asked if there will be regular homes, he says he expects that kind of thing will be gradually added.



http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2009/09/17/this-week-in-magazines-part-2-dengeki-playstation/
#4 Feb 03 2010 at 11:07 AM Rating: Excellent
**
401 posts
akelah wrote:
I will miss my Mog House - I have a feeling that they wont be included, at least from the start since changing jobs is as simple as changing your weapons, and storage is going to use that Athorite...stuff... Urm let me find a link where I read that.

Quote:
Comparing FFXI and FFXIV – Aetheryte versus Mog House
They’ve said before that one of their target markets is current or former FFXI players. That said, there will be some people who are curious about what’s new and what’s different. Also interesting is how the game is being made differently from FFXI. One of the most obvious differences is in game play. Guildleves will be a large part of FFXIV. Where as FFXI had a lot of grinding in groups for long periods of time, it sounds like most guildleves will be on the short side, as short as 30 minutes, and have different goals that must be accomplished. Some players are already comparing it to the Assault system from FFXI. There is also a big difference in how you change jobs or roles. In FFXI, you had to talk to your house moogle or a nomad moogle to change jobs. In FFXIV, you can change classes freely without needing to return to any particular spot. The Armoury System was a concept they originally had for FFXI but now are able to make it a reality in FFXIV.

This change in how and where you can change classes also changes another part of game design. One of the nice features in FFXI was the Mog House, a semi-customizable homebase. The entrance was shared by everyone so no worries about getting lost or forgetting where your home is. In addition to item storage, it was the place to change your job as well. This feature is no longer needed for FFXIV. The Mog Houses were also in cities. You could log out quickly in your Mog House and then walk into the city to look for other people to play with. This was largely the case for big cities like Jeuno or Whitegate. However, in FFXIV, they want people to gather at Aetheryte and log out or in around there without having to go back into town often. In other words, you don’t really need a base camp in town either. Komoto goes so far as to say the Aetheryte replaces the need for Mog Houses. When asked if there will be regular homes, he says he expects that kind of thing will be gradually added.



http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2009/09/17/this-week-in-magazines-part-2-dengeki-playstation/


Yeah judging from how that sounds the possibility of a Mog House does seem pretty grim, although maybe it will be added in the future. Personally even if MH lose the functionality of job changing and accessing your storage I would still like to have one to personalize with items I gather from my adventures.
____________________________
FFXI: Server Ifrit
Licksthekitty - 68THF/41WHM/37NIN/30BLM/20COR Mithra Retired

WoW: Realm Darkspear
Claybosmash - 80 Orc Warrior Retired
Ipwnrice - 70 Undead Rogue Retired


#5 Feb 03 2010 at 11:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
372 posts
Quote:
Yeah judging from how that sounds the possibility of a Mog House does seem pretty grim, although maybe it will be added in the future. Personally even if MH lose the functionality of job changing and accessing your storage I would still like to have one to personalize with items I gather from my adventures.


Couldn't agree more. While I will enjoy FFXIV when they launch it, I know I will be waiting for them to include my MH!!
#6 Feb 03 2010 at 12:24 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
520 posts
I will miss some of the jobs. For example, if I equip a polearm in FF14, it'll be weird not having my wyvern there next to me. Lancer =/= Dragoon. :(

If gladiator is melee only, I guess I'll miss the magic part normally associated with what we'd think of as a PLD.

Of course I'll miss some of the zones, and lots of other Vanadiel stuff. But man, Eorzea will probably be twice as large, so there will be TONS of stuff to fall in love with.

And best of all, remember the excitement you felt the whole first couple of months you played 11? When you found a new zone, unlocked a new job, learned new spells, put on certain armor for the first time, or fought a mob you've never fought before? Man, 14 will be like that for almost a year!! I can't wait!
____________________________
FFXI: Nyse - PLD, DNC, DRG
Asura Server

FFXIV: Nyse Celestre - Working on PLD
Ridill Server...for now.
#7 Feb 03 2010 at 12:25 PM Rating: Excellent
**
394 posts
Well we know moogles have to be included somehow, and since we haven't seen how just yet, I'll still keep my hopes up for some incarnation of a Mog-attended personal space.
#8 Feb 03 2010 at 1:19 PM Rating: Decent
**
423 posts
The music

Naoshi Mizuta was IMO the best composer of all FF artists. Gustaberg and all the other songs he did were those most amazing ever. He won't be on the new one and as much as i like Nobuo Uematsu i don't like his music half as much as Naoshi's.

I will also miss the world. As much as it was big, cumbersome, poorly detailed and in some ways very bland, i will miss it a lot. Walking through Dangruf Wadi doing side quests and collecting Sulfur off the Worms was very fun, even if most of the time i was alone.
#9 Feb 03 2010 at 4:19 PM Rating: Excellent
*
198 posts
I miss the old school trains from ffxi(pre mpk patch). Hope they have the mobs walk back to there spawn area(atk/no atk dont care). Long as they dont go poof :/
#10 Feb 03 2010 at 6:02 PM Rating: Default
*
95 posts
I won't miss anything. It became outdated. Looking forward to the future!
____________________________
Sin(SWTOR): 50 Jedi Sentinel

Krystalin(FFXI) :(retired) 85BRD/85BLM/85WAR/85BLU/85SAM/85DRG/85PLD/85RDM/85THF/85DRK/75BST/75PUP/75COR/75MNK/75NIN/75RNG

Vikzul(WoW):(retired) 80 rogue

Clytie(WoW):(retired) 80 pld
#11 Feb 03 2010 at 6:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
656 posts
Zalongamer wrote:
I miss the old school trains from ffxi(pre mpk patch). Hope they have the mobs walk back to there spawn area(atk/no atk dont care). Long as they dont go poof :/


those were the good old days....
____________________________
モスタル


#12 Feb 04 2010 at 3:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts

Not when the train blocks a very tight space like the entrance of CN. That was a nightmare. @.@
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#13 Feb 05 2010 at 10:28 AM Rating: Default
**
423 posts
Quote:

Not when the train blocks a very tight space like the entrance of CN. That was a nightmare. @.@


or yhoater and yhutunga jungles. Goblin smithy's loved to toss bombs and wipe out whole parties. The game however was flawed in that we always fought stuff that a party of 6 could barely kill just so we can level up faster. Won't be that way second time around i hope. I like a challange, but i should be rewarded quite well for something like that.
#14 Feb 05 2010 at 11:28 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,112 posts
I will miss the sense of home I always feel when I am walking around in Windy... I don't think there will ever be another game that will give me that same sense of wonder I felt when I first logged into FFXI...
____________________________
95THF, 95DRG, 90BRD, 94BLM, 95BLU, 90COR - Retired: Nov 2011
Someday soon my friends, this ride will come to and end, and we can't just get in line again.
#15 Feb 05 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
209 posts
Quote:
I will miss the sense of home I always feel when I am walking around in Windy... I don't think there will ever be another game that will give me that same sense of wonder I felt when I first logged into FFXI...


Yeah... I will really miss Sandy and Ronfaure for that exact reason. Sandy was the first place I ever existed in FFXI :( Sure the music wasn't all that great, but hey, it's home.

Edited, Feb 5th 2010 1:11pm by mithrandrk
____________________________
"If it could go wrong, it happened in the Dunes." - Sephrick
#16 Feb 09 2010 at 1:04 AM Rating: Default
*
108 posts
ronfaure is awesome lol and back in the day i didnt know about changing my screen settings so I played on the default settings and they are the worst lol so everything was ugly (I started on ps2 then later moved to PC)
____________________________
PS: Your Wonder Clomps and Fang Necklace at DRG75 are utter dogsh*t terrible. You've had an entire month and made no improvements in your gear.

Bsphil to Phantasydragon
#17 Feb 09 2010 at 8:15 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
162 posts
I will miss Sandy and my old LS mates that left the game long before I did
____________________________
Name: Aremethius (R.I.P.)
Race: Elvaan M
Server: Fenrir
LS: HeartsofIce (leader)
Trutle
Jobs:75THF 75SAM 75PLD
#18 Feb 10 2010 at 3:58 AM Rating: Good
****
4,153 posts
1. Tarutaru /dance
2. BST MPK
3. Music, although Uematsu is scoring XIV if memory serves so its the only thing I'm looking forward to out of what we know about the game so far.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#19 Feb 10 2010 at 5:56 AM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
Quote:
I will miss my Mog House


This. I spent years furnishing the sucker(best looking mog house EVAR!). It's where I spend most of my time while having my flag up. If they don't include something similar I'm going to be disappointed.
#20 Feb 10 2010 at 10:51 AM Rating: Good
Avatard
*****
11,630 posts
Probably the names. What is the point with basically the same races and change all names just because you want it to be another world?
#21 Feb 10 2010 at 5:34 PM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
Quote:
Probably the names. What is the point with basically the same races and change all names just because you want it to be another world?


I think you answered your own question there buddy. While on the subject, how many people do you think will stick with the old names? I'm betting a lot will in till they get more accustomed to the game. Though I do agree that the new names are kinda..meh.
#22 Feb 11 2010 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
162 posts
The very first time I entered Jeuno, the size and scope of the city was refreshing especially after the death defying run to make it there. Then I also miss as many have said the music, everywhere you went the music just made the places that much more special. Most of all I will miss friends from the game, I havent played in a rather long time and dont know if I will be able to find them again so heres to new friends and adventures in FFXIV.
____________________________
Name: Aremethius (R.I.P.)
Race: Elvaan M
Server: Fenrir
LS: HeartsofIce (leader)
Trutle
Jobs:75THF 75SAM 75PLD
#23 Feb 11 2010 at 2:07 PM Rating: Good
**
394 posts
I will miss running by naked mules parked in the cities 24/7. I get the feeling there won't be any, but maybe that's just me hoping for armor not taking up inventory space.

That sounded kind of wrong, I'll stop posting now.
#24 Feb 11 2010 at 2:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
162 posts
newbie, I think many people will say, I know how this game work, I had 7x75 in ffxi ....
#25 Feb 12 2010 at 1:15 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
129 posts
I'm really gonna miss Ronfaure's music. I would have that tune stuck in my head for hours after logging out. I really hope there's a catchy track like that in FFXIV :(
#26 Feb 12 2010 at 2:35 AM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
*****
13,048 posts
CupDeNoodles wrote:
Quote:
I will miss my Mog House


This. I spent years furnishing the sucker(best looking mog house EVAR!). It's where I spend most of my time while having my flag up. If they don't include something similar I'm going to be disappointed.

**** no. I can't agree on this. Furnishing my MH with full lightning for Woodcrafting (I think that's right) sucked. Hard.

Aetheryte sounds like banks in WoW; they're just...in more places. Which I'd definitely be cool with.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#27 Feb 12 2010 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
**
346 posts
I will miss not having a mini map. I loved that in 11 you had to actually go to a map screen, and all the quests weren't on the map. I think that was a contributing factor to what made 11 feel like home to so many. With a mini map, if I need to find something, I spend all my time looking at the 2inch map in the corner of the screen instead of the world I'm running through. 11 actually had mechanics in it that made you get familiar with the location of everything instead of just moving the little arrow on the map towards the little dot on the map. I'd love to see 14 have a separate page map again, but I'm guessing it won't. I think a lot of the details of 14 will be lost on the players if they keep their eyes locked on a tiny map in the corner of the screen.
____________________________
Yes,
I am Going to ****.
I'm cool with it.
All my friends will be there.
#28 Feb 12 2010 at 2:08 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
I Hope they keep the lvl up jingle, and I'm gonna miss my wyvern if they do not include a dragoon subclass for lancer
____________________________
I was arguing with myself over wheather or not I was confused... Wasn't sure
#29 Feb 12 2010 at 2:40 PM Rating: Good
***
1,159 posts
ThePotatoMan wrote:
I Hope they keep the lvl up jingle, and I'm gonna miss my wyvern if they do not include a dragoon subclass for lancer


I was thinking about the same two things...though, I'm not sure how they'll keep the level up jingle if you don't "level" anymore.
#30 Feb 12 2010 at 6:25 PM Rating: Default
*
134 posts
Yogtheterrible wrote:
ThePotatoMan wrote:
I Hope they keep the lvl up jingle, and I'm gonna miss my wyvern if they do not include a dragoon subclass for lancer


I was thinking about the same two things...though, I'm not sure how they'll keep the level up jingle if you don't "level" anymore.


Call it whatever you want, but you will still be leveling up.

I'm going to miss... basically the game. It would be easier to list the things I won't miss.
#31 Feb 12 2010 at 6:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
228 posts
for me it's the devil called CoP loved the thrill of going head on into those missions with friends, I hope there is something similair to CoP style as opposed to the AU missions seemed to focus more on the bursts of epic fights as opposed to the CoP feel of being there and feeling a real danger (that didn't sound so stupid before i wrote it...)
#32 Feb 12 2010 at 9:29 PM Rating: Decent
*
210 posts
boriss wrote:
Naoshi Mizuta was IMO the best composer of all FF artists. Gustaberg and all the other songs he did were those most amazing ever. He won't be on the new one and as much as i like Nobuo Uematsu i don't like his music half as much as Naoshi's.


Nobuo Uematsu, I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Naoshi Mizuta was the best Final Fantasy composer of all time!
Of all time!

Sorry, it had to be done. :)

Edited, Feb 12th 2010 8:30pm by mortalabattoir
____________________________
R.I.P Teraud, Dragoon main on Seraph (2004-2007)
R.I.P. Atli, Blue Mage main on Seraph (2007-2008)
R.I.P. Silje, Beastmaster main on Odin (2008-2008)
R.I.P. My Final Fantasy XI Account forevahz

Back on ZAM for FFXIV!
#33 Feb 12 2010 at 11:14 PM Rating: Good
**
952 posts
Quote:
**** no. I can't agree on this. Furnishing my MH with full lightning for Woodcrafting (I think that's right) sucked. Hard.


Yeah I agree with you that furnishing it for a craft sucks, but I was talking about furnishing it to where it actually looks like a MogHouse.

What's even cooler is I managed to keep Moghancement: Experience aura in my Moghouse Loveshack.

Giddy.
#34 Feb 13 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,372 posts
Dualboxing. Don't think it will be possible without auto-attack. If it is, it will be a lot harder.
#35 Feb 13 2010 at 2:39 PM Rating: Default
*
108 posts
Lower jeuno and rulude gardens.
festivals, the music.
getting a drop and winning a lot.
mithra cheering taru dancing galka mages.
sole sushi. cream puffs.
Rol-mart.
Magic burst!
O-hat run.
Ethereal earring.
craft skillups.
/dance4 motion
funny mt's
____________________________
PS: Your Wonder Clomps and Fang Necklace at DRG75 are utter dogsh*t terrible. You've had an entire month and made no improvements in your gear.

Bsphil to Phantasydragon
#36 Feb 15 2010 at 5:00 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
MrBarjavel wrote:
newbie, I think many people will say, I know how this game work, I had 7x75 in ffxi ....


Yeah, I guarantee you someone whips out the "I have/had # 75s in 11" card on the first day. I had 5x75; you know what I know about 14? Pretty much the same that the rest of y'all do.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#37 Feb 15 2010 at 10:52 AM Rating: Default
*
108 posts
Ya but in a way you cant blame someone for that because I will feel the want to say it myself seeking compensation and recognition for going far in ffxi.
starting from square 1 again is hard for some of us. obviously your rap sheet in ffxi is probably no good in ffxiv but anyone who like myself still plays or separated recently but on a good note, would like to think our ffxi experience could amount to something :(
____________________________
PS: Your Wonder Clomps and Fang Necklace at DRG75 are utter dogsh*t terrible. You've had an entire month and made no improvements in your gear.

Bsphil to Phantasydragon
#38 Feb 20 2010 at 11:47 AM Rating: Default
*
108 posts
the landscapes and sound effects
____________________________
PS: Your Wonder Clomps and Fang Necklace at DRG75 are utter dogsh*t terrible. You've had an entire month and made no improvements in your gear.

Bsphil to Phantasydragon
#39 Feb 20 2010 at 3:07 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Besieged!
For some reason I absolutely loved Besieged, so I hope to see some sort of a variation of Besieged in 14!
#40 Feb 20 2010 at 3:59 PM Rating: Default
*
108 posts
I would love it more without the lag >< if I could see all the combatants it would be awesome.
____________________________
PS: Your Wonder Clomps and Fang Necklace at DRG75 are utter dogsh*t terrible. You've had an entire month and made no improvements in your gear.

Bsphil to Phantasydragon
#41 Feb 26 2010 at 7:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
253 posts
* The magic using jobs.
* The Puppetmaster job.
* Low level starting areas.
____________________________
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
We are the BLU. Lower your shields and power down your weapons. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile
#42 Feb 26 2010 at 8:30 PM Rating: Decent
**
562 posts
Campaign. I would really like to see something like that in FFXIV.
If there are no sub-jobs I'm really, really gonna miss those.
____________________________
The more I train, the harder I get. The harder I get, the more lethal I am. The more lethal I am, the fewer opponents. The fewer opponents, the less to lose. The less to lose, the more I let up. The more I let up, the more room for mistakes. The more room for mistakes, the more I train.

#43 Feb 26 2010 at 10:37 PM Rating: Decent
*
181 posts
Robber crabs! Nevermind, i won't miss them because the ffxiv crabs pwn them.
#44 Feb 26 2010 at 11:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
214 posts
Hard to say but they better have Goblins.
____________________________

#45 Mar 07 2010 at 4:05 AM Rating: Decent
Quote:
I will miss the sense of home I always feel when I am walking around in Windy... I don't think there will ever be another game that will give me that same sense of wonder I felt when I first logged into FFXI...


awwws.. yeah.. I know the feeling.

I'll miss all my friends of course, all the adventures i had and then i miss the job system. ;o
#46 Mar 07 2010 at 4:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
73 posts
if they don't have a customizable home like the Mog House in FFXIV, i feel it will be a step backward in depth and innovation. it was really great to see other people's collections of odds and ends. walking into your own mog house and seeing all your neat stuff was a good feeling.


also: .. NO MOOGLES? says who? WHAT? I WILL kill somebody. I WILL KILL SOMEBODY!

Edited, Mar 7th 2010 11:21am by snuggans
#47 Mar 07 2010 at 4:19 PM Rating: Decent
**
562 posts
Where did you hear there weren't gonna be Moogles? I can understand no Mog houses if the job system is change on the fly. But to not have Moogles in the game at all, that's crazy talk! It's like not having Chocobos in the game.
____________________________
The more I train, the harder I get. The harder I get, the more lethal I am. The more lethal I am, the fewer opponents. The fewer opponents, the less to lose. The less to lose, the more I let up. The more I let up, the more room for mistakes. The more room for mistakes, the more I train.

#48 Mar 07 2010 at 7:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
73 posts
goblinpimp's original post mentions moogles, as if they won't appear in XIV. so i did what i do best, overreact.
#49 Mar 07 2010 at 8:19 PM Rating: Default
46 posts
I'm gonna miss the job system VERY much. I loved the job system, I was always famous for combining multiple different jobs together and making it work. Really fun in Ballista btw :P

I'm gonna miss my old LS, but I was on and off the game so much because of difficulties here and there that I pretty much didn't recognize the LS anymore as it is....

I'm definetly gonna miss all the hard work I put into that character, years and years of work, dedication, and horrible azz camping/farming runs to sea, sky, HNM 12hr+ respawn gayness that I had to go through to get the best gear in the game lol.

Though I think it will all be worth it, I have a steady life now, it'll be much easier to get with my old LS mates and all start from scratch and experience things together again. I just hope that it'll be playable in korea cause I'm stuck here till may 2011.... Place was banned for FFXI cause of too many fuggin' RMT's...
____________________________
75SAM 75PLD 75DRK 75WAR 75NIN 75BLM 75MNK 65BLU

I miss you guys in Granddesign!
#50 Mar 07 2010 at 8:34 PM Rating: Decent
**
562 posts
Quote:
Reckthor wrote :
I'm gonna miss the job system VERY much. I loved the job system, I was always famous for combining multiple different jobs together and making it work


I couldn't agree with you more. I hope that whatever the new system is it allows for variation. I was always trying out different job combos to try and get the most out of my jobs. Some turned out great for me (DNC/BLU) some... well, not so much (THF/WHM) but the fact is I wasn't afraid to experiment with a system that allowed you to do so.

My brother was also the king of making almost any pickup party work. I'll never forget getting past the dunes in one night on my DNC and his PLD with 4 DDs.

Like I said before, if there are no sub-jobs, I'll be very very sad about that.
____________________________
The more I train, the harder I get. The harder I get, the more lethal I am. The more lethal I am, the fewer opponents. The fewer opponents, the less to lose. The less to lose, the more I let up. The more I let up, the more room for mistakes. The more room for mistakes, the more I train.

#51 Mar 07 2010 at 11:01 PM Rating: Decent
**
772 posts
jschaub wrote:
I will miss some of the jobs. For example, if I equip a polearm in FF14, it'll be weird not having my wyvern there next to me. Lancer =/= Dragoon. :(


Agreed. I'm gonna miss those little blue buggers something fierce.
____________________________
RajiFarlander the Eccentric wrote:
Byne Bills are NOT used for rolling up and snorting Prism Powder through, and Prism Powder is NOT used for snorting. You should also probably stop dropping Jody's Acid.

« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)