Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

FFXIV Xbox360 pre-order on Amazon (they removed the link!)Follow

#1 Feb 08 2010 at 11:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
FFXIV XBOX Pre-Order

Guess FFXIV is really releasing on Xbox, I wouldnt think Amazon would want to go into trouble and refund thousands of dollars if FFXIV is not coming out on Xbox and also **** off SE



EDIT: as of yesterday, the link for FFXIV XBOX on Amazon is taken off...............
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited, Feb 11th 2010 2:16pm by Mostaru
____________________________
モスタル


#2 Feb 08 2010 at 11:50 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
268 posts
doesn't mean much i'm afraid. Amazon does this kind of thing all the time.

From various interviews over the past 4 years, its quite clear that it has been SE's intent to release the game on 360, the problem lies with microsofts xbox live policy.

Until SE and microsoft can come to an agreement, FFXIV will not be on 360
____________________________
Meatball of Asura
www.nantekotta.net
#3 Feb 08 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Decent
*
223 posts
MrNumptyk wrote:
its quite clear that it has been SE's intent to release the game on 360, the problem lies with microsofts xbox live policy.

Until SE and microsoft can come to an agreement, FFXIV will not be on 360


I'm confused. Did I miss some sort of argument that went down between Microsoft and SE? Because I played FFXI on my 360 and all you needed was a silver membership which did not cost money. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same with FFXIV.
#4 Feb 09 2010 at 12:10 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
268 posts
Im not sure of the specifics, im sure someone around here could go into more detail but, sometime after FFXI was released on 360, microsoft changed their live policy. Xbox apperantly does not let any of their online games be played on servers outside of microsofts own.

If SE wanted to release the game on xbox, they would have to use microsofts servers for the 360 version, meaning that xbox players would not be able to play with PC or PS3 users.

edit: this part may be untrue, but i also heard somewhere that xbox does not want a cross-platform game with PS3, which is in direct competition with the xbox 360, this is not the case with FFXI, because the ps2 and 360 are not in direct competition with eachother.

Edited, Feb 9th 2010 1:12am by MrNumptyk
____________________________
Meatball of Asura
www.nantekotta.net
#5 Feb 09 2010 at 1:47 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,495 posts
Quote:
doesn't mean much i'm afraid. Amazon does this kind of thing all the time.


Does what? Sell a product that doesn't exist? I highly doubt that, since the lawsuits involved would easily shut down even a giant like Amazon.

Even if it gets stopped before release, the fact that it's being listed for sale is pretty much a guarantee that it exists.
#6 Feb 09 2010 at 2:03 AM Rating: Decent
45 posts
No confirmation about 360 version from SE yet. And others were right, SE stated in many interviews that they are still "trying to make out a deal with microsoft" to make the 360 version possible. There's been no words about this for a few months now, something might have happenned, I don't know.

Edited, Feb 9th 2010 3:07am by jpenguin
#7 Feb 09 2010 at 2:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Raolan wrote:
Quote:
doesn't mean much i'm afraid. Amazon does this kind of thing all the time.


Does what? Sell a product that doesn't exist? I highly doubt that, since the lawsuits involved would easily shut down even a giant like Amazon.

Even if it gets stopped before release, the fact that it's being listed for sale is pretty much a guarantee that it exists.


You can't sue a company for speculative sales unless they refuse to return your money if/when it is determined that the product they offered will not be available.

Unless and until word comes directly from SE (not even Microsoft...SE onry) that XBox will be a supported platform for FFXIV, the best assumption to make would be that XBox will not be supported.
#8 Feb 09 2010 at 2:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Bluefirefly wrote:
MrNumptyk wrote:
its quite clear that it has been SE's intent to release the game on 360, the problem lies with microsofts xbox live policy.

Until SE and microsoft can come to an agreement, FFXIV will not be on 360


I'm confused. Did I miss some sort of argument that went down between Microsoft and SE? Because I played FFXI on my 360 and all you needed was a silver membership which did not cost money. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same with FFXIV.


Total speculation here as I have no clue how XB Live works.... but maybe you only needing a free silver membership was part of a contract MS and SE worked out for XI. Perhaps they are having trouble with MS this time to do the same thing?
#9 Feb 09 2010 at 2:20 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
MrNumptyk wrote:
Im not sure of the specifics, im sure someone around here could go into more detail but, sometime after FFXI was released on 360, microsoft changed their live policy. Xbox apperantly does not let any of their online games be played on servers outside of microsofts own.

If SE wanted to release the game on xbox, they would have to use microsofts servers for the 360 version, meaning that xbox players would not be able to play with PC or PS3 users.

edit: this part may be untrue, but i also heard somewhere that xbox does not want a cross-platform game with PS3, which is in direct competition with the xbox 360, this is not the case with FFXI, because the ps2 and 360 are not in direct competition with eachother.

Edited, Feb 9th 2010 1:12am by MrNumptyk


Both untrue I'm afraid :) The answer lies closer to Ops answer:

Bluefirefly wrote:

I'm confused. Did I miss some sort of argument that went down between Microsoft and SE? Because I played FFXI on my 360 and all you needed was a silver membership which did not cost money. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same with FFXIV.


In a nut shell, SE want XIV to use Silver membership and Microsoft want it to use Gold membership. Until the dispute is settled, XIV will not be appearing on 360.
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#10 Feb 09 2010 at 5:38 AM Rating: Decent
*
181 posts
There will be an Xbox 360 version around 1 year or so down the road.. The ball is in Microsofts court. There won't be an Xbox version if Microsoft doesn't pull the trigger by letting ffxiv be played on a Silver account (like ffxi).
#11 Feb 09 2010 at 6:11 AM Rating: Default
14 posts
Even if Microsoft decide to allow FFXIV to be made for the 360, I'm still not gonna get it. My bro hogs the 360 alot when he's back from school which sucks. If they were going to issue another subscription aswell as my Gold Membership then I wouldn't do it. I'm not degrading to Silver as I have alot of online games to play. I'm sticking to my comp seeing as how my parents put alot of money towards me building it, I ain't letting it go down the drain.
#12 Feb 09 2010 at 6:14 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Personally I hope that FFXIV isn't ported over to the Xbox 360. Reason one, Xbox's company Microsoft has no history of supporting a system should a new platform be released. The way Microsoft dropped the original Xbox like a bad habit is the proof thus far. Next we'll move to Xbox 360 limitations. It doesn't matter if you prefer the 360 over PS3 as a console of choice, the PS3 has more advanced hardware. The final reason why SE shouldn't release a 360 version of FFXIV can be summed up in a few words. Red Rings of Doom.

So besides the Xbox Live hang-ups with Microsoft, I just gave 3 reasons why SE shouldn't release a Xbox 360 version. What do you guys think?
#13 Feb 09 2010 at 10:12 AM Rating: Default
**
423 posts
I really don't care if it does or doesn't, hardware issues are the individuals issue not SE. I believe the 360 is supposed to be just like a computer?

Either way the problem isn't SE it's microsoft. They don't like the idea of having a subscription based game running through their service where they cannot make money. Long and short of it. I am sure they are trying to tell SE "well how bout you use the live service and take a significantly lower cut of money" which clearly isn't going to work.

Hardware and software will not be an issue for SE, the online service and M$ is the real problem.
#14 Feb 09 2010 at 10:51 AM Rating: Decent
*
237 posts
I'm not sure if anyone knows how Xbox Live works. I've heard that MS runs all the game servers, I've heard that Xbox live is a Community Hub that connects people to company servers. (but is seems to be that our own consoles are the servers judging by host changing during MW2 So maybe XBOXlive is a hub that connects us to other peoples consoles)

So everyone is going off hearsay.
Just like the hang up with SE and MS. Does MS want peeps to have gold membership? or does MS want SE to involve voice chat cross platform? Or is it legalities so that a company can't circumvent Xboxlive to gain online play, so they have their legal teams drawing up contracts? Maybe SE can't announce FFXIV for a certin amount of time on other consoles because SONY paid them to be tight lipped about it til a certin date?

WHO REALLY KNOWS? It's all speculation.

But what we do know is that for SE to have the best possible success for their MMO would be to launch this game for all 3 platforms. No room for fanboyism here. We want a large populated world we want this game to be available to as many people as possible.

If you are truely concerned about a console holding back this game, then you shouldnt want the game released for any console. As the ps3 will hold back the PC version. If the information we have about FFXIV using crystal tools is correct then they have a game engine that works crossplatfrom and scales to each platform. SO that means while the stronger platform continues to shine the weaker ones get scaled back. So maybe the xbox won;t have as high a drawdistance or a a huge poly count, or crappier textures. But that means it doesn't hold back the PC version or the PS3 for that matter.

Do I want FFXIV to release on XBOX360? ABSOLUTELY! Do i own a PS3? yep bought it just for FFXIV.

I'd even buy a copy for each platform, just like I did for FFXI.


____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#15 Feb 09 2010 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
It's been my experience that Amazon doesn't charge until after they ship the item so I don't see how they could be in any trouble, should FFXIV not release on XBOX there's nothing to refund.
#16 Feb 09 2010 at 12:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
Redyoshi wrote:
It's been my experience that Amazon doesn't charge until after they ship the item so I don't see how they could be in any trouble, should FFXIV not release on XBOX there's nothing to refund.


i see
but that would be pretty stupid for Amazon to make a move like this while SE did not even put XBOX360 on their website or confirm in any of the previous interviews.
____________________________
モスタル


#17 Feb 09 2010 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
Quote:
Does what? Sell a product that doesn't exist? I highly doubt that, since the lawsuits involved would easily shut down even a giant like Amazon.


They do this all the time. I remember seeing Duke Nukem Forever, Gears of War 2 for PC preorders etc etc. It'd only be admissible in court if they didn't return your money.
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#18 Feb 09 2010 at 1:37 PM Rating: Decent
*
95 posts
no lawsuit...they haven't done anything wrong as of yet.
____________________________
Sin(SWTOR): 50 Jedi Sentinel

Krystalin(FFXI) :(retired) 85BRD/85BLM/85WAR/85BLU/85SAM/85DRG/85PLD/85RDM/85THF/85DRK/75BST/75PUP/75COR/75MNK/75NIN/75RNG

Vikzul(WoW):(retired) 80 rogue

Clytie(WoW):(retired) 80 pld
#19 Feb 10 2010 at 9:03 AM Rating: Good
3 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Personally I hope that FFXIV isn't ported over to the Xbox 360.


Mmm... I'd have to disagree here.

Quote:
Reason one, Xbox's company Microsoft has no history of supporting a system should a new platform be released. The way Microsoft dropped the original Xbox like a bad habit is the proof thus far.


That makes it sound Microsoft has had many consoles and has dropped all of them after the next platform has been released. But that's simply not the case. Microsoft's first console was the Xbox and it was largely in part an experiment into the gaming industry. Do note that Microsoft is a software company, so jumping from primarily making software to hardware is quite a leap. Quite the learning experience, for they made a lot of mistakes (i.e. built-in, non-removable HDD). So the reason Microsoft is moving away from their original system is because hardware it was built on cannot be reduced in price any further or they will take major losses on it. Also the older Xbox Live is less expansive. They learned a lot from their first release and built the Xbox 360 with that in mind. Xbox 360 is much more flexible with the HDD, making it removable and allowing them to drop the price very competitively. The big point here is that Microsoft will be supporting the Xbox 360 for a very long time. Yes... longer than the original Xbox because it is more flexible in every way. So to say they will drop it when the next platform hits is a bit overkill seeing as they only had one system prior and it was a unique case in its own.

Quote:
Next we'll move to Xbox 360 limitations. It doesn't matter if you prefer the 360 over PS3 as a console of choice, the PS3 has more advanced hardware.


I'm really confused with this one. What does the PS3 (specifically PS3 and not PC for that matter..) hardware have to do with FXIV not being released on the Xbox 360? Yes the PS3 hardware is more advanced but not by a very large margin. Compare games from the Xbox 360 with the PS3 and they hold their own just fine. FFXIV would probably be multi-disc if released on the Xbox 360, but that would also be the same for PC's as most still have DVD's and not Blu-Ray. As a company, I would want my product to be in as much hands as possible. If my product can run on the Xbox 360 platform, then why not?

Quote:
The final reason why SE shouldn't release a 360 version of FFXIV can be summed up in a few words. Red Rings of Doom.


With consoles broadening their scope from just playing video games, the hardware and software becomes a bit more complicated than before. Fortunately the Xbox 360 issues have been reduced by a large %. However, the PS3 is not immune to such hardware issues. A quick search on google (yellow light of death etc) will net you a slew of hardware issues in regards to Sony's latest console.
#20 Feb 10 2010 at 10:09 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
520 posts
While I agree the PS3 hardware is superior to the xbox360, it isn't by much. And to say that is the reason it shouldn't be released on xbox360 is silly.

I play on PC and 360 right now. Yes, the 360 has some small issues, i.e. lots of lag in besieged/campaign and a very occasional DC if those events get too crazy. Those are the only problems I've experienced, and to me they seem minor.

You have to remember that ffxi was not released for xbox360, it was ported. If FFXIV was originally planned to be released for the 360, PS3, and PC, you can rest assured that it will run much better than a ported version.

Whether a 360 release has been decided (between SE and MS) you can bet that they are still making sure it will be ready for a 360 launch anyhow. I will be playing FF14 on my PS3, even if it does come out on xbox. Why? Because I don't use my PS3 for anything else right now anyhow, except to watch movies, so I might as well make some use of it and give the xbox some rest. All that HD space going to waste on the PS3.

Edited, Feb 10th 2010 9:18am by jschaub
____________________________
FFXI: Nyse - PLD, DNC, DRG
Asura Server

FFXIV: Nyse Celestre - Working on PLD
Ridill Server...for now.
#21 Feb 10 2010 at 10:49 AM Rating: Decent
**
412 posts
The PS3's hardware superiority is questionable..anyway I am getting it for the PS3 and the PC. Hopefully, neither the PS3 or the 360 hold back future development of FF14 like the PS2 held back FF11.
____________________________
They appeared from the sky, the one without a heart... "Omega"...And the one who followed it..."Shinryuu"...
Final Fantasy 5
#22FUJILIVES, Posted: Feb 10 2010 at 1:53 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) FFXI players that say "Bro" increased in direct proportion to the number of FFXI players that joined on the XBOX 360 platform.
#23 Feb 11 2010 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
*
191 posts
FUJILIVES wrote:
FFXI players that say "Bro" increased in direct proportion to the number of FFXI players that joined on the XBOX 360 platform.

Here's hoping it never launches on Xbox 360.


Cool story bro, but seriously brosef, I've been playing since PC launch broheim. What's the big deal with saying bro, broski? Got some brossues with it?
____________________________
Hyanmen wrote:
It's a frocobo, duh.


Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (WiiU): comatose1
#24 Feb 11 2010 at 1:08 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,010 posts
That link seems to go to a ps3 version now, so not sure if that was a recent change or if it always did.

Quote:

Even if Microsoft decide to allow FFXIV to be made for the 360, I'm still not gonna get it. My bro hogs the 360 alot when he's back from school which sucks. If they were going to issue another subscription aswell as my Gold Membership then I wouldn't do it. I'm not degrading to Silver as I have alot of online games to play. I'm sticking to my comp seeing as how my parents put alot of money towards me building it, I ain't letting it go down the drain.


You do realize that you wouldn't have to downgrade to silver to play XIV right? Silver is just the free version. It has some limited capabilities like you can talk to people, but only one at a time and no party chats, and you can't play most of the mmo games for the system. XI was an exception, and I remember the battle way back when to allow it over the silver membership.

However, that was a long time ago when mmos were just getting rolling, and SE had a huge JP following already with the game. They had numbers and microsoft likes numbers. XIV isn't going to be a reason for anyone to buy new 360 hardware at this point, so I imagine they are putting up more of a fight in regards to the gold versus silver issue.

Either way, the xbox folks are probably going to get shafted. I hope that M$ lets this come over a silver membership, but I just don't see that happening this time around.


#25 Feb 11 2010 at 1:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
162 posts
I myself will be on PC or PS3 for this but in all fairness most 360 users already have a gold membership, at least the ones I know do.
____________________________
Name: Aremethius (R.I.P.)
Race: Elvaan M
Server: Fenrir
LS: HeartsofIce (leader)
Trutle
Jobs:75THF 75SAM 75PLD
#26 Feb 11 2010 at 1:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
Torrence wrote:
That link seems to go to a ps3 version now, so not sure if that was a recent change or if it always did.




EDIT: as of yesterday, the link for FFXIV XBOX on Amazon is taken off...............
only PS3 and PC version left
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

SE blasts at them?????????????????????????
____________________________
モスタル


#27 Feb 11 2010 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
When you say most, what you mean are most players that already play an xbox mmo, such as Halo. Unless this game turns out to be omgwtfbbq lets all quit Halo and play it, those folks aren't the target audience. The target audience, is their current audience if we can go by things they have said.

Their current audience, doesn't need a gold membership to play. So, saying that it shouldn't matter because "most xbox players have a gold anyway", isn't really going to be a good marketing strategy for SE when people start complaining that "I only play XIV, why should I pay for a gold membership when my friend on ps3 doesn't have to pay anything extra? I'm not gonna spend 300 bucks on a new console!!!!!"

And you know it will happen. There will be threads all over the place about it.
#28 Feb 11 2010 at 3:44 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
11,539 posts
Torrence wrote:
When you say most, what you mean are most players that already play an xbox mmo, such as Halo. Unless this game turns out to be omgwtfbbq lets all quit Halo and play it, those folks aren't the target audience. The target audience, is their current audience if we can go by things they have said.

Their current audience, doesn't need a gold membership to play. So, saying that it shouldn't matter because "most xbox players have a gold anyway", isn't really going to be a good marketing strategy for SE when people start complaining that "I only play XIV, why should I pay for a gold membership when my friend on ps3 doesn't have to pay anything extra? I'm not gonna spend 300 bucks on a new console!!!!!"

And you know it will happen. There will be threads all over the place about it.


Setting aside for a moment that I'm getting 14 for PC, regardless of what other platforms its on...

I personally own a 360 and only have Silver. My headset is still in the original package, unopened; I only had gold for a brief time because it gives you a gold try for free; Silver ever since.

I don't own any games for 360 that I would enjoy playing online, even if there wasn't a fee for Gold membership. So in theory, if 14 were ONLY available for 360 and required a gold membership, I certainly wouldn't get a gold membership for just one game.

And as the person I quoted said; the stereotypical "Hardcore XBL gamer" crowd is not the target audience for the product anyway. I'm sure there will be some people who -are- "Hardcore XBL gamers" who will also play 14, but I doubt they'll be anywhere near the majority.

And knowing how stubborn SE can be, if M$ refuses to let 14 work on Silver, I don't have a problem picturing SE giving them the bird and walking.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#29 Feb 11 2010 at 9:15 PM Rating: Default
*
237 posts
Torrence wrote:

Their current audience, doesn't need a gold membership to play. So, saying that it shouldn't matter because "most xbox players have a gold anyway", isn't really going to be a good marketing strategy for SE when people start complaining that "I only play XIV, why should I pay for a gold membership when my friend on ps3 doesn't have to pay anything extra? I'm not gonna spend 300 bucks on a new console!!!!!"


=) Me again!

Who is SE current target audience? PS3 and PC gamers? Or anyone who plays video games? Judging by what info is released on FFXIV right now, their target is current / ex-FFXI players.



In all fairness most people if presented the oppertunity to play FFXIV on a 360 are more than likely to already hold a gold XBOXlive membership. People don't complain about cross platform games like the COD series , borderlands , bioshock, or RE5... ect ect. and having to pay a yearly fee to play online.
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#30 Feb 11 2010 at 9:43 PM Rating: Good
*
223 posts
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:
Who is SE current target audience? PS3 and PC gamers? Or anyone who plays video games? Judging by what info is released on FFXIV right now, their target is current / ex-FFXI players.



In all fairness most people if presented the oppertunity to play FFXIV on a 360 are more than likely to already hold a gold XBOXlive membership. People don't complain about cross platform games like the COD series , borderlands , bioshock, or RE5... ect ect. and having to pay a yearly fee to play online.


The problem is that people don't want to have to pay for BOTH subscriptions. With games like CoD, Halo, etc, you only pay the gold membership fee and play cross-platform. If MS refuses to allow people to play on a silver membership, people on the XBOX 360 are getting doubly screwed as opposed to people who use PS3 or PC. A lot of people probably can't afford to be paying an internet bill, a gold membership fee, AND a FFXIV fee every single month. It's honestly a LOT more cost-efficient to just buy a new console or better PC, which definitely wouldn't help Microsoft.
#31 Feb 11 2010 at 11:46 PM Rating: Decent
*
237 posts
Bluefirefly wrote:

The problem is that people don't want to have to pay for BOTH subscriptions. With games like CoD, Halo, etc, you only pay the gold membership fee and play cross-platform. If MS refuses to allow people to play on a silver membership, people on the XBOX 360 are getting doubly screwed as opposed to people who use PS3 or PC. A lot of people probably can't afford to be paying an internet bill, a gold membership fee, AND a FFXIV fee every single month. It's honestly a LOT more cost-efficient to just buy a new console or better PC, which definitely wouldn't help Microsoft.



I Agree that to play a paid subscription MMO you shouldn't have to pay an extra fee to access that game.

But the reality is; which America has a huge problem with is living outside ones own means. If paying the $50 a year gold membership is going to make our break you; maybe you shouldn't be gaming in the first place.

The choice is up to the player. If they game on a 360 and choose to pay an extra fee to access the game because MS decided to be greedy mofos. Isn't it their choice ultimately? They could play FFXIV for 6 - 8 years before they exceed the cost of buying a new console.

But if you game on a PC or PS3 of what consequence is it to you if someone games on a 360?

NONE!

What does it mean for SE? Lost potential revenue

Let me reiterate: I agree that if FFXIV were to come to 360, only a silver membership should required to access the game.

But if it doesn't, I don't think it'll detract from current 360 gamers from playing FFXIV as they probably most likely already subscribe to XBOXlive Gold.

But what it will mean is that people that are on the fence of what console to game on and they don't currently own either PS3 is the clear choice.
____________________________
FFXIV has it's first official RMT'r: Zyuu
#32 Feb 15 2010 at 5:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
180 posts
I think I remember seeing a PS3 FFVII remake on Amazon for a short time last year before it got pulled. It was also advertised on an in-store Best Buy kiosk as well. In the case of FFXIV, whoever is adding product to the site probably just made a mistake and tagged the wrong system.

As for FFXIV on a silver membership, it's a matter of principle. I really don't want to see SE back down on this because I don't like watching Microsoft bully their customers. They already rip them off with overpriced accessories and cheap hardware, someone has to draw the line and force them to be reasonable.
#33 Feb 15 2010 at 5:33 PM Rating: Decent
*
223 posts
SevenLittleChipmunks wrote:
But the reality is; which America has a huge problem with is living outside ones own means. If paying the $50 a year gold membership is going to make our break you; maybe you shouldn't be gaming in the first place.


It's not about "making or breaking" someone, it's about realizing when you're getting ripped off when you could be spending money on other things. It's not even that they can't afford it, though that is one solid example, it's that the money would be better spent somewhere else. We're in a recession, but I'm not saying everyone who games is dirt poor. Microsoft isn't going to stop trying to squeeze as much money out of people as they can without making gaming completely unaffordable if they can help it, so the "you shouldn't be gaming in the first place" argument has already been deliberated by both companies, I'm sure, which is what holds a lot of weight on their decisions of what to charge people.

Quote:
The choice is up to the player. If they game on a 360 and choose to pay an extra fee to access the game because MS decided to be greedy mofos. Isn't it their choice ultimately? They could play FFXIV for 6 - 8 years before they exceed the cost of buying a new console.


My point is that the majority of the players will most likely NOT make that choice and buy a new system, therefore causing MS's plan to backfire.

Quote:
But if you game on a PC or PS3 of what consequence is it to you if someone games on a 360?

NONE!

What does it mean for SE? Lost potential revenue

Let me reiterate: I agree that if FFXIV were to come to 360, only a silver membership should required to access the game.

But if it doesn't, I don't think it'll detract from current 360 gamers from playing FFXIV as they probably most likely already subscribe to XBOXlive Gold.

But what it will mean is that people that are on the fence of what console to game on and they don't currently own either PS3 is the clear choice.


I will also reiterate. People will not be more likely to pay the extra monthly subscription just because they already have a gold subscription. They will either stick to other games that do not require a monthly fee or they will go out and buy a new system. Either way, MS isn't winning the war if they win the battle against SE. People will stop and say "Blu-ray DVD player and no monthly fee for a 'gold' subscription... yeah **** this I'm going to buy a PS3." So SE really has no reason to cave in to MS, in my opinion. I played FFXI on a 360, and I specifically am switching to PC as well as probably going out and buying a PS3 to play FFXIV. I know I'm just one example, but I doubt I'm the only one.
#34 Feb 15 2010 at 6:06 PM Rating: Decent
**
562 posts
I do hope that it comes out for the 360. I played FFXI on 360 with a lot of my friends and once the X-box live update that allowed "party chat" was released it made the game much more fun and group like. Speaking for my group of friends I can tell you that they are pretty split. They all want to play XIV, those who do not have a PS3 don't want to buy one just to play XIV. Those who do have a PS3 don't care, and only one has a PC, and he plans to play it on that anyway. Out of the whole group (about 12 of us) I'm the only one who doesn't yet own a PS3 who will get one to play XIV on. However, I was planning on eventually getting a PS3 anyway, so I'm not sure If I count.

In the end, I think that the more systems it's on then that means more players and hopefully a better experience.
____________________________
The more I train, the harder I get. The harder I get, the more lethal I am. The more lethal I am, the fewer opponents. The fewer opponents, the less to lose. The less to lose, the more I let up. The more I let up, the more room for mistakes. The more room for mistakes, the more I train.

This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 26 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (26)