Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

FFXIVCore Admin sells beta keysFollow

#52 Feb 18 2010 at 3:04 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,614 posts
This is the same site that was stealing interview translations, right?

Guys, never change. You keep my day entertaining.
#53 Feb 18 2010 at 3:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
728 posts
Quote:
Some people have more money then sense.

Paying for something that's going to be deleted after a few months seems pretty pointless


People pay for all sorts of temporary things like TV and nobody gets up in arms about it. One of the perks of having more money than others is being able to spend it more freely or even "waste" it without worry.
____________________________
Fresh start on Alex :D. Hope I can dodge other crazy people this time. Of course being a bit odd myself I tend to attract them.
#54 Feb 18 2010 at 3:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts

I'll pay 1,000,000 gil in FFXIV for a beta key, but I'll pay it 3 years from now during the inflation that's sure to happen so it feels more like 1,000 gil.
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#55 Feb 18 2010 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
**
394 posts
SoiFon wrote:
Quote:
Some people have more money then sense.

Paying for something that's going to be deleted after a few months seems pretty pointless


People pay for all sorts of temporary things like TV and nobody gets up in arms about it. One of the perks of having more money than others is being able to spend it more freely or even "waste" it without worry.


Paying for things that are being sold illegally, however, is not a freedom. Of course, that's why scam artists use words like donate.
#56 Feb 18 2010 at 3:49 PM Rating: Default
(h) Copy, sell, offer to sell, loan, offer to loan, distribute, offer to distribute, publish, or offer to publish any Products, Software, Documentation, Confidential Information, or any other information or materials obtained by Beta Tester in connection with the Beta Test.


"I know that today has been an exciting day and I don't want to be a killjoy, but the official ZAM policy for all beta games under NDA is to nuke and ban all playerbase attempts at breaking the agreement. We will not be a medium for people to break NDAs and that is what our stance will be for XIV as well."

Please nuke the accounts involved?


Edited, Feb 18th 2010 4:51pm by blackchaosbismarck
#57GuardianFaith, Posted: Feb 18 2010 at 4:00 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Congratulations on being a snitch.
#58 Feb 18 2010 at 4:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
350 posts
blackchaosbismarck wrote:
(h) Copy, sell, offer to sell, loan, offer to loan, distribute, offer to distribute, publish, or offer to publish any Products, Software, Documentation, Confidential Information, or any other information or materials obtained by Beta Tester in connection with the Beta Test.


"I know that today has been an exciting day and I don't want to be a killjoy, but the official ZAM policy for all beta games under NDA is to nuke and ban all playerbase attempts at breaking the agreement. We will not be a medium for people to break NDAs and that is what our stance will be for XIV as well."

Please nuke the accounts involved?


Edited, Feb 18th 2010 4:51pm by blackchaosbismarck


Dude, this situation doesn't break the NDA because this guy isn't a beta tester, and he didn't actually have any information relating to the beta test because he was trying to sell something that didn't exist.
#59 Feb 18 2010 at 4:32 PM Rating: Default
so if i find info on ffxiv and im not a beta tester i can post it? <.<
#60 Feb 18 2010 at 4:39 PM Rating: Good
***
1,004 posts
Quote:
Dude, this situation doesn't break the NDA because this guy isn't a beta tester, and he didn't actually have any information relating to the beta test because he was trying to sell something that didn't exist.


Or so he says now.

Lets play hypothetical, shall we?

Drug Dealer: Want to buy some crack?
Drug Addict: How much?
Drug Dealer: Well stranger, for you, 200 Dollars.
Drug Addict: Sold!

*drug addict turns out to be a private investigator and blows his cover for a hot news story*

Under pressure from the press:
Drug Dealer: I didn't have any REAL drugs, I don't even know what drugs are! No one gave me any drugs nor did they give me information on where to get drugs to sell in the first place. I don't know any larger suppliers that trickle down! I'm just an ordinary guy!

*hopes to not get shot by other dealers or arrested by police*


Police: Um... no.

*meanwhile, the larger supplier is freaking out because they think they are going to get caught, and the other dealers that rely on them freak out and hope this doesn't blow it for them, since they rely on that connection*


Hypothetical Metaphorical Representation Breakdown:
Drug Dealer -> Beta Key Seller
Drug Addict -> Beta Key Buyer
Larger supplier -> Square Enix
Other Dealers -> Un-named FFXI Fan-sites
Police -> 'Legitimate' Player-base


That was fun ;p

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 5:45pm by FUJILIVES
____________________________
Posting from just above the generator.
#61 Feb 18 2010 at 5:09 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
728 posts
Quote:
Paying for things that are being sold illegally, however, is not a freedom. Of course, that's why scam artists use words like donate.


I wasn't trying to justify it. I was just making a point to their point.

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 6:10pm by SoiFon
____________________________
Fresh start on Alex :D. Hope I can dodge other crazy people this time. Of course being a bit odd myself I tend to attract them.
#62 Feb 18 2010 at 5:22 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
350 posts
To me, what he did (trying to scam someone out of $100 by selling a beta key which may or may not have existed) could have been breaking the NDA, but may not have been breaking an NDA (even though it's still a bad thing to do).

I'm just pointing out that unless there is proof that the beta key actually existed, you can't say that people involved need to be banned from zam in order to uphold zam's NDA clause.
#63 Feb 18 2010 at 5:36 PM Rating: Decent
it seems to be a safe assumption that if he had a list of ppl and was willing to sell it for 100 he knew he was getting them or has them.


"It's possible I can add one or two more to my list of people that will get a key earlier." WILL, not might.

"Just remember, there's no ETA when I'll get keys." WHEN, not if...

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 6:41pm by blackchaosbismarck
#64 Feb 18 2010 at 5:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
350 posts
blackchaosbismarck wrote:
it seems to be a safe assumption that if he had a list of ppl and was willing to sell it for 100 he knew he was getting them or has them.


"It's possible I can add one or two more to my list of people that will get a key earlier." WILL, not might.

"Just remember, there's no ETA when I'll get keys." WHEN, not if...

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 6:41pm by blackchaosbismarck


I agree, there is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to him having some kind of inside knowledge about FFXIV beta keys. It's going to have to be up to zam to determine if it's enough evidence to confirm breaking the NDA. Assuming information about beta keys existed, people at zam probably got the same information, which means they will have a good idea as to whether that person at FFXIVcore broke the NDA or not.

Maybe we can infer that if Zyuu gets banned on Zam, there is beta information about FFXIV out there given to site admins, and if he doesn't get banned there isn't beta information about FFXIV. :P We could take this even further and say that if zam bans Zyuu, they are themselves giving information about the existence of information about FFXIV beta keys, and then they will have to ban themselves! :P

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 4:00pm by Cyiode

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 4:03pm by Cyiode
#65 Feb 18 2010 at 6:00 PM Rating: Default
****
6,964 posts
I'm mostly curious about the image of the "whole" conversation. The top two posts look drastically different than the rest. Looks like a terrible shop to me.
#66 Feb 18 2010 at 6:12 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
Siralin wrote:
I'm mostly curious about the image of the "whole" conversation. The top two posts look drastically different than the rest. Looks like a terrible shop to me.


I suspect not. What would be the motive? Slandering a complete stranger over the internet for no apparent gain? No, odds are that this is true. Zyuu doesn't seem to have alluded anywhere in any of the threads to having some other issue with Dex, so it seems like this is the first time they've been at odds. So no revenge story or anything, either. Is it possible that it's made up? Sure, but it's not probable.

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 7:14pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#67 Feb 18 2010 at 6:46 PM Rating: Default
*
79 posts
I feel sorry for the guy. Everything was based on a hypothetical situation. He probably talked to somebody about what he would do IF he could. Somewhere down the list of ideas came "I could always sell them." He knew it was a bad idea, but it would have been fun to think about. As word spread, people lost sight of the fact that it was a fun idea and started taking it seriously.

Now if some stranger comes up to me wanting to buy something that I not only don't have, but wouldn't sell them if I did, I'm the kind of guy that would mess with him for a minute or two. I'd play around with him for a minute just to see what he'd do. It's not so bad as long as you know when to stop. When it started to get serious, he did the right thing, said no, and put a stop to it.

I think that for a moment, for one short conversation, he might have faked some interest either for a laugh, or out of curiosity. Either way he used the guy for personal amusement, and now we eat popcorn and watch and watch his punishment unfold. It's funny how it's all over something that never existed in the first place.

The only reason I'm here right now is because I was surprised to hear that there were beta keys to sell. Although the whole thing has been mildly amusing, I'm ashamed of how much of my time it's wasted. More importantly I'm ashamed to someday be playing a game with the person who wasted my time here today. For what little there is behind this, going out of your way to bash and discredit someone is overkill. A simple **** you would have been good enough.
#68 Feb 18 2010 at 7:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
602 posts
Wow this thread should be locked and removed or something. Don't bring this Jerry Springer stlye sh*t to Allakhazam. Keep it on Killingifrit or BG. Anyone who would openly buy a beta key from any site should lose their money out of sheer stupidity. Wait like the rest of us and get in fairly.

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 8:03pm by Excenmille
#69 Feb 18 2010 at 7:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
**
372 posts
Quote:
I feel sorry for the guy. Everything was based on a hypothetical situation. He probably talked to somebody about what he would do IF he could. Somewhere down the list of ideas came "I could always sell them." He knew it was a bad idea, but it would have been fun to think about. As word spread, people lost sight of the fact that it was a fun idea and started taking it seriously.

Now if some stranger comes up to me wanting to buy something that I not only don't have, but wouldn't sell them if I did, I'm the kind of guy that would mess with him for a minute or two. I'd play around with him for a minute just to see what he'd do. It's not so bad as long as you know when to stop. When it started to get serious, he did the right thing, said no, and put a stop to it.

I think that for a moment, for one short conversation, he might have faked some interest either for a laugh, or out of curiosity. Either way he used the guy for personal amusement, and now we eat popcorn and watch and watch his punishment unfold. It's funny how it's all over something that never existed in the first place.

The only reason I'm here right now is because I was surprised to hear that there were beta keys to sell. Although the whole thing has been mildly amusing, I'm ashamed of how much of my time it's wasted. More importantly I'm ashamed to someday be playing a game with the person who wasted my time here today. For what little there is behind this, going out of your way to bash and discredit someone is overkill. A simple **** you would have been good enough.



I don't think its as innocent as you make it. He made it quite clear he was simply taking money to improve their chances of getting into beta, he said as much himself in that conversation. He could get him on a 'list' of people who stood a better chance than a 'lesser' fan.

I resent the word lesser. Just 'cos I and many like me don't have a stupid amount of money to waste on something we can't even see/touch yet doesn't mean I'm any less devoted or excited about the game. If anything I'm better than him, because I (and others obv) won't exploit a situation like this for a quick buck. I'm glad he's sorry, but I think he only feels like that because he was found out, other-wise there would be nothing to appologise for.

Quote:
Wow this thread should be locked and removed or something. Don't bring this Jerry Springer stlye sh*t to Allakhazam. Keep it on Killingifrit or BG. Anyone who would openly buy a beta key from any site should lose their money out of sheer stupidity. Wait like the rest of us and get in fairly.


Heh, it was locked last time I checked yesterday, now suddenly its open again lol

Edited, Feb 18th 2010 8:09pm by akelah
#70 Feb 18 2010 at 8:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,481 posts
Whether or not he has the keys he's trying to sell is less important than he was trying to sell keys.



Fan sites are supposed to support the fans, not exploit them.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#71 Feb 18 2010 at 8:05 PM Rating: Default
i simply want a show that this kind of stuff will not be tolerated. i mean come on the game hasnt even come out yet and **** like this happens with the full attention of the community.
#72goblinpimp, Posted: Feb 18 2010 at 9:56 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lol
#73 Feb 18 2010 at 10:49 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
the game cost 49.99USD
and Zyuu was trying to charge double for the unfinished version...

anywayz Zyuu.... if you are reading this..
I just want to point out you made another mistake on your apology post on FFXIVCore....
BY WASTING FOOD! it's not funny and you should make another post to apologize making a youtube video of wasting food.. hundred and thousands of people died each hour because of hunger!
____________________________
モスタル


#74 Feb 18 2010 at 11:05 PM Rating: Good
*
108 posts
Quote:
Mostaru


will you be mostlallafel in FFXIV? :o
____________________________
PS: Your Wonder Clomps and Fang Necklace at DRG75 are utter dogsh*t terrible. You've had an entire month and made no improvements in your gear.

Bsphil to Phantasydragon
#75 Feb 18 2010 at 11:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
This does not break our NDA policy because Zyuu is not under beta NDA and neither are we here at ZAM. Some of you seem to be forgetting that you have to first agree to an NDA before you can break it.

How do I know that he's not? Because he has clearly stated that he doesn't have keys and doesn't even know if he'll get any. I am not playing FFXIV beta now either. To the best of my knowledge, no fan site is.
#76 Feb 19 2010 at 2:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Pikko is wrong! I am playing FFXIV, right now....

... in my head!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#77 Feb 19 2010 at 4:55 AM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
Thayos wrote:
Pikko is wrong! I am playing FFXIV, right now....

... in my head!


Then you just broke the NDA you agreed to in your head before playing? BANNNNNNNNN! ^.^
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#78 Feb 19 2010 at 5:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Thayos wrote:
Pikko is wrong! I am playing FFXIV, right now....

... in my head!


Cranial ban inc!
#79 Feb 19 2010 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Quote:
Because he has clearly stated that he doesn't have keys and doesn't even know if he'll get any


Because he speaks the truth right?
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#80 Feb 19 2010 at 8:15 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
6,470 posts
RedGalka wrote:
Quote:
Because he has clearly stated that he doesn't have keys and doesn't even know if he'll get any


Because he speaks the truth right?


Without any evidence to the contrary, what can you do?
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#81 Feb 19 2010 at 8:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
He lied in the first place or he did have keys to sell. You pick.



Edited, Feb 19th 2010 3:29pm by RedGalka
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#82 Feb 19 2010 at 9:00 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
RedGalka wrote:
He lied in the first place or he did have keys to sell. You pick.



Edited, Feb 19th 2010 3:29pm by RedGalka


The question would be whether or not you can prove that he had access to beta keys. Currently, that isn't possible, so you have no choice. No, I don't trust the guy either, but its not like you can ban him for that alone.


____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#83 Feb 19 2010 at 9:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
218 posts
So I just skimmed over all 14 pages (yikes) of the Apology thread over at FFXIV Core, and I noticed something... One of the Mods, Evicerator, actually admits that the idea of selling the beta keys was brought up 14 days ago... 14 DAYS AGO! How many people do you think he was able to scam in that time? Whats worse is that Evicerator isn't being punished at all, despite the fact that he clearly condones Zyuu's actions/behaviour.
____________________________
Skidz - Asura
#84 Feb 19 2010 at 9:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Quote:
The question would be whether or not you can prove that he had access to beta keys. Currently, that isn't possible, so you have no choice. No, I don't trust the guy either, but its not like you can ban him for that alone.


Guess scamming and giving FFXIVCore a bad reputation isn't bad enough.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#85 Feb 19 2010 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
61 posts
This is so delicious, I could almost reach out into my computer monitor and eat it with a spoon.

*Lights torch* *Grabs Pitchfork* *Joins the Crowd*

THEY TOOK OUR JO-
#86 Feb 19 2010 at 10:19 AM Rating: Decent
well lets see the PMs he has sent recently then if he hasnt already deleted all of them.
#87 Feb 19 2010 at 10:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
656 posts
goblinpimp wrote:
Quote:
Mostaru


will you be mostlallafel in FFXIV? :o


no gob
i actually was Mostwanted in FFXI
Mostaru was my mule's name

it's either Mostwanted or Mostaru in FFXI, but great guess..
____________________________
モスタル


#88 Feb 19 2010 at 11:13 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
224 posts
MoonShooter wrote:
THEY TOOK OUR JO-


DEY TUK R JUUBS
____________________________
75 blm, 75 nin, 75 brd, 64 bst, 57 pld, 53 rdm
NPC 65
RotZ= Complete
CoP= 8.1
Retired from FFXI.
Retired from LOTRO
Retired from Rift
#89 Feb 19 2010 at 11:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
214 posts
I have just left core to come here because I was disgusted by what happened over there, and to see that the admin and many of the community are ready to brush it under the carpet is absurd IMO.

____________________________

#90 Feb 19 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
224 posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Zam :D
____________________________
75 blm, 75 nin, 75 brd, 64 bst, 57 pld, 53 rdm
NPC 65
RotZ= Complete
CoP= 8.1
Retired from FFXI.
Retired from LOTRO
Retired from Rift
#91 Feb 19 2010 at 11:42 AM Rating: Excellent
*
170 posts
Here is the most recent response to the situation that was posted over at FFXIVCore on their front page by Zyuu.

Zyuu - 02-17-10 22:03 - 263 comments

I'd like to apologize to everyone for the last days events and how I've acted. Some things are not clear and I feel a public post is in order since I've always been a firm believer that communication is key -- for everything. Not to mention I feel that I've displaced your trust (the community) and I want to reconcile.

There's several things that are not clear, so I've made a FAQ below to address them. There's also some things which was clarified by me in another post, but I feel that it wasn't worded perfectly, so things could be picked apart and some people could potentially see things that I didn't mean. So I will clarify everything below.


Q: Do you have any beta keys for FFXIV?
A: No, I do not.

Q: A person claims you banned him from FFXIVCore, so he felt 'forced' to post accusations about you on over ten other gaming websites and email them as well. Is this true?
A: No, I haven't banned this person and the Curse server admin can prove it as well, so you have both our words on it and logs.

Q: Why did someone claim Curse has 40 FFXIV beta keys?
A: I have no idea, because such a thing has never been said by me or anyone else that are working on FFXIVCore or Curse. Again, we have no FFXIV beta keys.

Q: Why did someone say you know when the FFXIV beta begins?
A: Again, I have no idea. Because I do not know when it begins, nor do anyone I know of know it either.

Q: Have you been promised FFXIV beta keys by Square Enix?
A: No, we haven't even discussed it so far (and that does NOT imply we are going to discuss it)

Q: Is it true that you've been selling FFXIV beta keys to people?
A: No.

Q: I saw a screenshot where you were talking about putting someone on a 'list of people that will get a key earlier' for $100, is the screenshot real?
A: Yes, that screenshot is real, but did not include the full conversation and was taken out of context. Full conversation is here: http://74.52.9.190/thethingy.jpg - notice how I say no at the end before anything has been exchanged. I still messed up by giving sai answer, though and for that I feel very very bad. I apologize; I let greed get the better of me and temporarily lost my good judgment.

Q: So, since you say you got a list like that, it does mean you will get keys?
A: No, this is where I've really messed up and it's what I want to apologize about. I feel terrible about what happened. I've always wanted to try get my staff beta keys, but I have no idea if I would. And still dont know. Also, I let greed get overhand there--I should have said NO right away.

Q: You mention that staff will get higher priority, is this true?
A: I'd like that to be true, yes. I feel they work very hard for this site and deserve to get a beta key, but since I do not know IF we get keys, that is just me speculating together with them.

Q: I see there are a few with a donation 'badge', do you take donations for the site?
A: Not anymore. I use to take donations with a donation button up on the site, but it was taken down. Also, a few donations has been made
in private for the same goal since then. The statistics are a total of 24 people which have donated since June 2009.

Q: Will those that have donated get a FFXIV beta key?
A: First of all, we do not have any beta keys, nor do we know if we'll get any at all whatsoever. Secondly, noone who donated will get a FFXIV beta key for donating, but those that have donated will get a Curse Premium membership. Which is outlined here: http://www.curse.com/premium - this does not mean there'll be keys distributed through this system, however.

Q: Why will the people who donated get Curse Premium?
A: Because I promised them an ad-free experience of the site back in last year when the donation feature was online, and that is something Curse Premium hopefully will give on FFXIVCore as well (we have a new version in development).

Q: Do you think you've acted professional through this?
A: No. I haven't. I've acted really bad for being in the position I am, I am truly sorry, I messed up, it was wrong of me, I feel terrible and I will do my utmost to try regain your trust and act more professional in the future.


Finally, I'm sorry everyone. I messed up. I did wrong. I also did not act professional enough when I should have. I really feel bad about it (see: terrible) and I love what this community has become. It's growing every day, getting better, bigger and more interesting. We have so much going for us and then I go do something like this, not only do I feel immensely stupid myself. But to displace your trust and also the trust of the FFXIVCore staff, that is something I really can't start to express how incredibly sorry I am about it.

I thought it'd be fun to put together something funny about how sorry I am for all this, if you'd like to view it, check it out below (yes, that's me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIWlrLaIiUE&feature=player_embedded (thats what the last paragraph refers to).

http://www.ffxivcore.com/
#92 Feb 19 2010 at 11:49 AM Rating: Decent
worded so well. everything there is semi true, yay words!
#93 Feb 19 2010 at 2:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
977 posts
This Core site seems like the dumbest thing on the Internet. Not to mention all of this **** is all over a video game?
____________________________
A drink. A drink. A drink.
#94 Feb 19 2010 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,372 posts
This makes me believe that Zyuu knew and condoned the plagiarism of Elmer's work. I mean this just proves that it's within his character.

support@curse.com

Spam there if you want some administrative changes. It seems like they already made their decision but doesn't hurt. :P
#95 Feb 19 2010 at 7:40 PM Rating: Default
******
48,708 posts
1/10. "Linkshell Owned Osode" is more drama than this.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#96 Feb 19 2010 at 10:30 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
6,470 posts
RedGalka wrote:
Quote:
The question would be whether or not you can prove that he had access to beta keys. Currently, that isn't possible, so you have no choice. No, I don't trust the guy either, but its not like you can ban him for that alone.


Guess scamming and giving FFXIVCore a bad reputation isn't bad enough.


It should be, IMO : /
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#97 Feb 19 2010 at 10:42 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
"We bring you now live to the press conference, where Zyuu has stepped to the podium to make his statement..."

Zyuu:

Good morning, and thank you for joining me.

Many of you in this room are my friends. Many of you in this room know me. Many of you have cheered for me, you worked with me, or you supported me. Now every one of you has good reason to be critical of me. I want to say to each of you, simply and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.

I know people want to find out how I could be so selfish and so foolish. People want to know how I could have done these things to my fansite, FFXIVcore, and to my posters. And while I have always tried to be a private person, there are some things I want to say.

FFXIVcore and I have started the process of discussing the damage caused by my behavior. As FFXIVcore pointed out to me, my real apology to them will not come in the form of words. It will come from my behavior over time. We have a lot to discuss. However, what we say to each other will remain between us.

I am also aware of the pain my behavior has caused to those of you in this room. I have let you down. And I have let down my fans. For many of you, especially my friends, my behavior has been a personal disappointment. To those of you who work for me, I have let you down personally and professionally. My behavior has caused considerable worry to my business partners, to everyone involved in my foundation, including my staff, board of directors, sponsors, and most importantly, the young students we reach. Our work is more important than ever. Thirteen years ago, my dad and I envisioned helping young people achieve their dreams through education. This work remains unchanged and will continue to grow. From the Learning Center students in Southern California to the Zyuu scholars in Washington, D.C., millions of posters have changed their lives and I am dedicated to making sure that continues.

But still, I know I have bitterly disappointed all of you. I have made you question who I am and how I could have done the things I did. I'm embarrassed that I have put you in this position. For all that I have done, I am so sorry. I have a lot to atone for.

But there is one issue I really want to discuss. Some people have speculated that FFXIVcore somehow hurt or attacked me on Thanksgiving night. It angers me that people would fabricate a story like that. FFXIVcore never hit me that night or any other night. There has never been an episode of domestic violence in our fansite, ever. FFXIVcore has shown enormous grace and poise throughout this ordeal. FFXIVcore deserves praise, not blame. The issue involved here was my repeated irresponsible behavior. I was greedy. I said I had beta keys, I scammed. What I did is not acceptable. And I am the only person to blame.

I stopped living by the core values that I was taught to believe in. I knew my actions were wrong, but I convinced myself that normal rules didn't apply. I never thought about who I was hurting. Instead I thought only about myself. I ran straight through the boundaries that an admin should live by. I thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to. I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled. Thanks to money and fame, I didn't have far - I didn't have to go far to find them. I was wrong, I was foolish. I don't get to play by different rules. The same boundaries that apply to everyone apply to me. I brought this shame on myself. I hurt my fansite, my posters, my mother, my friends, my foundation, and posters all around the world who admired me.

I've had a lot of time to think about what I've done. My failures have made me look at myself in a way I never wanted to before. It's now up to me to make amends, and that starts by never repeating the mistakes I've made. It's up to me to start living a life of integrity.

I once heard, and I believe it's true, it's not what you achieve in life that matters; it's what you overcome. Achievements on the fansite are only part of setting an example. Character and decency are what really count. Parents used to point at me as a role model for their posters. I owe all those families a special apology. I want to say to them that I am truly sorry.

It's hard to admit that I need help, but I do. For 45 days, from the end of December to early February, I was in in-patient therapy receiving guidance for the issues I'm facing. I have a long way to go. But I've taken my first steps in the right direction.

As I proceed, I understand people have questions. I understand the press wants me to - wants to ask me for the details of the times I offered beta keys. I understand people want to know whether FFXIVcore and I will remain together. Please know that as far as I'm concerned, every one of these questions, and answers, is a matter between FFXIVcore and me. These are issues between an admin and a fansite.

Some people have made up things that never happened. They said I used performance-enhancing drugs. This is completely and utterly false.

Some have written things about my family. Despite the damage I have done, I still believe it is right to shield my posters from the public spotlight. They did not do these things; I did. I have always tried to maintain a private space for my fansite and posters. They have been kept separate from my sponsors, from my commercial endorsements. Whatever my wrongdoings, for the sake of my fansite: Please leave my fansite and posters alone.

I recognize I have brought this on myself, and I know, above all, I am the one who needs to change. I owe it to my fansite to become a better person. I owe it to those closest to me to become a better man. That's where my focus will be. I have a lot of work to do, and I intend to dedicate myself to doing it.

Part of following this path for me is Buddhism, which my mother taught me at a young age. People probably don't realize it, but I was raised a Buddhist, and I actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years. Buddhism teaches that a creation of things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security. It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously, I lost track of what I was taught.

As I move forward, I will continue to receive help because I've learned that's how people really do change. Starting tomorrow, I will leave for more treatment and more therapy. I would like to thank my friends at Accenture and the players in the field this week for understanding why I'm making these remarks today. In therapy, I've learned the importance of looking at my spiritual life and keeping in balance with my professional life. I need to regain my balance and be centered, so I can see the things that are most important to me: My marriage and my posters. That also means relying on others for help. I learned to seek support from my peers in therapy, and I hope someday to return that support to others who are seeking help.

I do plan to return to being an admin one day. I just don't know when that day will be. I don't rule out that it will be this year. When I do return, I need to make my behavior more respectful of the job.

In recent weeks, I have received many thousands of e-mails, letters and phone calls from people expressing good wishes. To everyone who has reached out to me and my family, thank you. Your encouragement means the world to FFXIVcore and me. I want to thank Curse, Dex, and the posters for their patience and understanding while I work on my private life. I look forward to seeing my fellow players on the board.

Finally, there are many people in this room, and there are many people at home who believed in me. Today I want to ask for your help. I ask you to find room in your heart to one day believe in me again.

Thank you.



Edited, Feb 19th 2010 11:48pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#98 Feb 19 2010 at 11:10 PM Rating: Default
*
210 posts
While Michael Jackson IS creepy, I honestly don't think he really molested those little kids. I think the mothers accusing him blew it out of proportion and made a bigger deal out of court than it really was and fabricated a lot of things.

Wait...

Wrong thread. :D

Anyway, yes, it was wrong of him to sell beta keys, and yes he should at the very least lose admin rights at FFXIVCore, especially for bringing a bad name to the site. No, this shouldn't have been posted, no, he never admitted to knowing when the beta was (in fact it says in the ORIGINAL SCREENSHOTS that he doesn't know and made this very clear), no, he didn't ban anyone, and no, he heard nothing from Square Enix about this. He WAS gambling because he was about to take someone's money based on a possibility that FFXIVCore will get keys, but he said he wasn't sure in the first place and it seems like the OP was about to pay him anyway. It's not breaking NDA, etc., etc.

It's really not as big of a deal as people are making it, and I feel bad for Zyuu for getting hit so hard for it.
____________________________
R.I.P Teraud, Dragoon main on Seraph (2004-2007)
R.I.P. Atli, Blue Mage main on Seraph (2007-2008)
R.I.P. Silje, Beastmaster main on Odin (2008-2008)
R.I.P. My Final Fantasy XI Account forevahz

Back on ZAM for FFXIV!
#99 Feb 19 2010 at 11:33 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
To those who feel bad for Zyuu... do you feel bad for Tiger Woods too? The guy was running one of the most trafficked FFXIV fan sites around. He had the world as his proverbial oyster. He was guaranteed beta access via his contacts with Curse. His site is being sponsored. He was in a position that most fans would die for and so what does he do...? He gets involved in a stupid situation which could easily have been avoided which now jeopardizes everything. Yeah I feel sorry for him too...Sorry that he is so spoiled and arrogant that he doesn't value his title or his role in such a large community.

To those who say "Why bring this here?" It's a scam. One that should be exposed so that others are not scammed. It is relevant because it could result in a fan losing their money on a scam perpetrated by the administrator of a fan site. It happened, it's real and none of this is a joke. If you don't take scams like this seriously then why should Square Enix? If we don't police ourselves, why should we expect the Special Task Force to take action? Perhaps when you are the victim of a scam we should say "what's the big deal you drama queen?"
____________________________
http://www.ffxivendetta.blogspot.com/
#100 Feb 19 2010 at 11:51 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
349 posts
What he did was sleezy and wrong no doubt there. But all this fuss is really ridiculous. Noone has really been harmed here but him despite what some people are imagining. Anyone stupid enough to throw money for a beta key deserves to lose their money. The rest that didn't still have just as good a chance to get into beta as they did before all this. The beta will continue on schedule and when the game goes live none of this will matter at all. So... whats the big deal?
____________________________
That was no hemroid doctor. That was an alien hoobajoob
#101 Feb 20 2010 at 12:17 AM Rating: Decent
**
555 posts
They should lock him and Tanaka in a room for 10 minutes and see who walks out.
____________________________
Retired 75PLD
Hades Server
Obsidian Linkshell

WoW Fails.


This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 12 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (12)