Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

PS3 BetaFollow

#1 Mar 01 2010 at 1:54 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Is there still no word on when they'll be accepting applications for, or even considering launching, a PS3 beta? The news from vanafest today has me wondering if there has been any mention of the PS3 iteration. As a long time FFXI player on the PC, I wonder if FFXI experience will be taken into consideration in the PS3 application as well.
#2 Mar 01 2010 at 1:58 AM Rating: Good
As far as I know, there is no word on the PS3 beta.
#3 Mar 01 2010 at 2:50 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
633 posts
There is mention of the beta here: http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxiii/

Quote:
今後予定されている「ファイナルファンタジーXIV」PlayStation 3版βテストには、「ファイナルファンタジーXIII」初回生産パッケージをお買い求めいただき、キャンペーンコードをお持ちのお客様だけが応募可能です。
当ページ下のリンクボタンをクリックするとβテスター応募フォームに移動しますので、必要事項を入力の上お申し込みください。

「ファイナルファンタジーXIV」βテストへのお申し込みには、スクウェア・エニックス アカウントが必要です。
スクウェア・エニックス アカウントをお持ちでない方は、「こちら」 から取得してください。


"Future PS3 Beta Test."
____________________________
"BSTito, ergo erat..." (I BST, therefore I was.) -Rennne Decarrtee, Mithran Philosopher
#4 Mar 01 2010 at 4:15 AM Rating: Decent
**
565 posts
I know this is a little of topic, but i have always wanted to know how you playe ffxi on a ps? do you move around with your controller and use a keyboard to type, or play with a keyboard the entire time? ect, having a ps3 and an awsome tv, and no computer makes me just want to stay on this.

Thanks.
#5 Mar 01 2010 at 5:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
214 posts
You can play both way, I would rather play it with an Awesome PC on an Awesome TV myself :)
____________________________

#6 Mar 01 2010 at 6:23 AM Rating: Good
*
181 posts
I have my PS3 set up like a PC for when final fantasy xiv is released, lol. Computer monitor, keyboard/mouse and a computer desk hooked up to the playstation. I have my PC right next to it hooked up on a seperate monitor so it's like i have 2 computers. I'm prepared^_*

Edited, Mar 1st 2010 7:23am by KeeperOfTheStaff
#7 Mar 01 2010 at 7:09 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
YOU ARE NOT PREPA---

KeeperOfTheStaff wrote:
I'm prepared^_*


Oh. Never mind then.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#8 Mar 01 2010 at 7:11 AM Rating: Good
*
223 posts
alexanderjames wrote:
I know this is a little of topic, but i have always wanted to know how you playe ffxi on a ps? do you move around with your controller and use a keyboard to type, or play with a keyboard the entire time? ect, having a ps3 and an awsome tv, and no computer makes me just want to stay on this.

Thanks.


I personally prefer playing on a console most of the time. If I'm going to be spending hours playing a videogame, I don't want to be sitting stiffly in a computer chair. I like to lounge and use my controller to play, I find it to be much more relaxed and easier to manipulate than a keyboard, although I do have a keyboard handy for communicating. That being said, you are making some small quality sacrifices if you do have a nice computer. If you're one of those people more interested in gameplay, however, perhaps it won't bother you.
#9 Mar 01 2010 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Bluefirefly wrote:
alexanderjames wrote:
I know this is a little of topic, but i have always wanted to know how you playe ffxi on a ps? do you move around with your controller and use a keyboard to type, or play with a keyboard the entire time? ect, having a ps3 and an awsome tv, and no computer makes me just want to stay on this.

Thanks.


I personally prefer playing on a console most of the time. If I'm going to be spending hours playing a videogame, I don't want to be sitting stiffly in a computer chair. I like to lounge and use my controller to play, I find it to be much more relaxed and easier to manipulate than a keyboard, although I do have a keyboard handy for communicating. That being said, you are making some small quality sacrifices if you do have a nice computer. If you're one of those people more interested in gameplay, however, perhaps it won't bother you.


The solution is a better chair at your computer, and a wireless keyboard and mouse. :)
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#10 Mar 01 2010 at 7:26 AM Rating: Good
*
223 posts
Mikhalia wrote:
The solution is a better chair at your computer, and a wireless keyboard and mouse. :)


No chair will ever compare to my couch OR my bed, and even with a wireless mouse you still need a hard surface to place it on. There is no greater feeling than using your controller to shut down your system, the remote to turn off the TV, and then realizing you're already in bed and can just pass out after a late linkshell run. Console comfort ftw! Plus, sitting further away from a massive TV > sitting close to a moderately large monitor. ;)
#11 Mar 01 2010 at 7:37 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Bluefirefly wrote:
Mikhalia wrote:
The solution is a better chair at your computer, and a wireless keyboard and mouse. :)


No chair will ever compare to my couch OR my bed, and even with a wireless mouse you still need a hard surface to place it on. There is no greater feeling than using your controller to shut down your system, the remote to turn off the TV, and then realizing you're already in bed and can just pass out after a late linkshell run. Console comfort ftw! Plus, sitting further away from a massive TV > sitting close to a moderately large monitor. ;)


Just a matter of perspective and opinion. I installed FFXI and WoW on a laptop and a desktop so that I could either sit at the desktop and watch TV (next to computer) or I could lay in bed with laptop and watch the TV in the bedroom. I guess I could theoretically play PS2 or 360 and watch the other TV next to the main TV in my living room (yes, I have two TVs in my living room, and yes, that's exactly the reason why) but there's always the matter of those plugins which didn't exist for a program which doesn't exist and I certainly never used; they may have been nice, assuming they exist and I used them, which I can assure you I never would have. >.> There's also the matter of AltanaView and .dat swapping, neither of which were doable on 360 or PS2.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#12 Mar 01 2010 at 7:55 AM Rating: Good
*
223 posts
Hm, yeah, I've never used a third-party program while playing an MMO, in all seriousness. I suppose if you want to use that as an argument, I can't really say anything against it seeing as I have no first-hand experience with iy myself. And playing on a laptop... come on, you're not really trying to compare that to playing on a desktop or console, are you? I used to have two TV's in my room, but I never enjoyed watching TV while playing. I still believe playing on a console 'most of the time' is a more comfortable experience, especially compared to having a laptop on your lap for extended periods of time.
#13 Mar 01 2010 at 8:05 AM Rating: Decent
**
423 posts
Its all personal preference. Comparing oranges to apples... they are completely different, some will enjoy one and hate the other, some will like both... it really doesn't matter.

Personally for me i will stick to the PS3. I don't have to spend any money upgrading my computer. I don't have to worry about software issues or upgrades as well as running slow due to little things like virus scan or once again.. software issues.

The PS3 is basically like a computer you can plug wireless devices into.

For now i am testing on whatever i can get into. I will be able to run FFXIV on med- med low graphics so if i have that option i will take it over waiting for the PS3 beta to start.

From the e-mail they are sending out today that someone let slip, it could be months before the actual beta starts for PC... i don't even want to imagine waiting for the PS3... :(
#14 Mar 01 2010 at 8:06 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Bluefirefly wrote:
Hm, yeah, I've never used a third-party program while playing an MMO, in all seriousness. I suppose if you want to use that as an argument, I can't really say anything against it seeing as I have no first-hand experience with iy myself. And playing on a laptop... come on, you're not really trying to compare that to playing on a desktop or console, are you? I used to have two TV's in my room, but I never enjoyed watching TV while playing. I still believe playing on a console 'most of the time' is a more comfortable experience, especially compared to having a laptop on your lap for extended periods of time.


Well, I don't literally put it on my lap. For example right now, I'm laying in bed, on my stomach, with a pillow under my head, and the lappy sitting in front of me.

I also prefer certain games for certain systems. I'd never play a FPS or RTS on a console, I'd never play a fighter or a sports game on a computer. RPGs are a tossup and can go either way.

And I'm so used to multitasking that I can't not do it in many cases. I usually can't concentrate on a game unless there's something else going on. There are very few games for which I can just turn off the lights, sit back, relax, and enjoy the game by itself with nothing else going on. Even if I'm not paying attention to the TV, sometimes I just leave it on for background noise, although I'm usually at least half paying attention to it.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#15 Mar 01 2010 at 8:59 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
421 posts
i playd FFXI on my ps2 (& later ps3) for 5years.. matter of fact the phat playstation2 was on 24/7 for 4years afk bazzaring.. to this day im surpise it aint burnout on me lol god i hope my release playstation3 can handle FFXIV 24/7ing.. anyways back to my point i used to play with the controller 100% of the time and just use keyboard to type. never had a problem
____________________________
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="guild hosting"><img src="http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/39704_48d6215903dff562.png"></a>
#16 Mar 01 2010 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
*
81 posts
The NA beta application also mentioned a future announcement for the PS3 beta, so we haven't been forgotten, Lundqvist. :3

Personally, I'm hoping the NA XIII comes with a beta code; that's probably the only thing that could convince me to buy that game at full price.
____________________________

#17 Mar 01 2010 at 1:35 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Quote:

Personally, I'm hoping the NA XIII comes with a beta code; that's probably the only thing that could convince me to buy that game at full price.


Was thinking about this possibility as well but didn't mention it in my original post because I knew nobody could do more than speculate about it. I would be pleasantly surprised if it were to happen, but I'm not expecting it.
#18 Mar 03 2010 at 11:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
43 posts
In the beta app. there was a box you could check for either PC or PS3. other than that someone i think has posted other info on the ps3 beta.
as for what system ill be playing on, PS3 definately. thatll leave my pc open for surfn the net. tho having a tv on in the background would be nice. but i personally HATE gaming on my laptop. i dont have a controller for it other than the mouse <,< But MORE importantly if i play FFXIV or any other game for that matter on my PS3 i dont have to worry about any updates on my ps3 other than FW updates. whereas on my pc i may need a multitude of updates that i dont want to buy or DL.
As for using the controller, i played FFXI on my old PS2 and loved it. you use the analog sticks and a keyboard. and i reckon thats how itll get done on the ps3 =D
____________________________
Darthsappy - Alexander 2 yrs retired
75 RDM 75 BLU
RDM/BLU FTW
Looking forward to FFXIV, see ya there!

Love the great outdoors? Check out my gallery http://rwphoto23.zenfolio.com/
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)