Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Special Beta Recruitment FAQFollow

#102 Mar 05 2010 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
Oh wow.. I guess they slipped up. I'm sure Zam will hand out about 20,000 or so ... ( I can dream can't I ) lol
#103 Mar 05 2010 at 12:18 PM Rating: Decent
**
437 posts
2 more days!
#104 Mar 05 2010 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
433 posts
Does THIS beta entry include PS3? Or is it still all PC only?
#105 Mar 05 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
214 posts
PC for the time being.
____________________________

#106 Mar 05 2010 at 3:26 PM Rating: Good
*
75 posts
Quote:
Does THIS beta entry include PS3? Or is it still all PC only?


I'm not sure I understand why the PS3 would need a beta test, to be honest. SE could beta-test the PS3 version all by themselves with a single system (I'm exaggerating, but you get the point).

PS3's are all manufactured basically the same (when considering the core components that will actually run the game itself), where as computers are completely different from each other. Bug-testing for the PS3 is easy, but not so much for a game that is about to hit hundreds or thousands of unique hardware and software configurations.

I'm just not sure I see the point of a PS3 beta test, other than to pacify users I suppose. And if they do it for that reason, it wouldn't have to be up front in the first few months of beta testing really.

As far as I've heard, the beta-test period at the moment is only PC.

Edited, Mar 5th 2010 1:28pm by happybyday
____________________________


FFXIV: Here's to the future ...
#107 Mar 05 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Decent
*
116 posts
Fairly certain the PS3 beta will start whenever open beta starts. It'll be a download for everyone in the store, I would assume. As was pointed out, there is no reason or need to test any ps3 other than the ones they have at their disposal in the office.
#108 Mar 06 2010 at 3:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Thanks so much for the chance to get in. I have been a member for a long time, but I used a different account to sign up because I couldn't get this account to login for the life of me. I hope the length of time you've been a member isn't a factor.
____________________________
My FFXIAH Profile
<img src="http://i44.tinypic.com/zik8d2.png" />
#109 Mar 06 2010 at 5:18 AM Rating: Good
*
116 posts
If it were a factor, I'd imagine it'd be something like "has actually POSTED in the forums.."

But Pikko said it was randomly drawn. So..
#110 Mar 06 2010 at 8:35 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
I feel like enough people won't see this here, but I'm not about to make a new subject.

I just checked my SE account info and realized it was NOT linked at all to my PlayOnline account. It was an easy process to do this, but I can garauntee you will NOT get chosen if you don't do this since they will have no way of knowing you are an active FFXI player/subscriber with just your SE account info.

Make sure you do this if you haven't already everyone!
____________________________


#111 Mar 06 2010 at 8:55 AM Rating: Decent
13 posts
I believe and i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong, but if you got a security token for ffxi then to activate it you had to link your POL account to your Square-Enix account.
____________________________
)_(
#112 Mar 06 2010 at 5:07 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
Hoping to get a invite. Looking forward to the game regardless of invite or not though. Good luck to you all.
#113 Mar 06 2010 at 8:55 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
In the form I entered way back then, I put I used to play FFXI. If I activate my account now, do I have a shot? It doesn't seem like you can modify your beta form.
#114 Mar 06 2010 at 10:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
295 posts
Quote:
I believe and i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong, but if you got a security token for ffxi then to activate it you had to link your POL account to your Square-Enix account.


That is absolutely correct. Anyone with a security token would have already had their accounts linked.
#115 Mar 07 2010 at 3:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
I have one post on this account and it's from like March 2004 or something. I was still in highschool lol.
____________________________
My FFXIAH Profile
<img src="http://i44.tinypic.com/zik8d2.png" />
#116 Mar 07 2010 at 7:56 PM Rating: Good
*
75 posts
Quote:
In the form I entered way back then, I put I used to play FFXI. If I activate my account now, do I have a shot? It doesn't seem like you can modify your beta form.


The only requirements were that you applied for the Beta, and you have an active FFXI subscription (and, in the case of ZAM, that you have an account on ZAM). They did not specify that the FFXI subscription had to be active very long.

In fact, if you think about it, this is probably how Square planned it. They put this promotion out, hundreds of people re-activate their accounts just to try to get into Beta, and bam ... Square's got a nice new chunk of change for themselves ;) Some of the people who re-activate may even stick around and play some more now that they already paid for a month and new changes are coming out, many may just say "hmm might stick around for awhile", which is another bonus long-term for them monetarily.

Good move on their part if you think about it. I re-activated, and I'm actually considering sticking around for a bit just to see how things go!
____________________________


FFXIV: Here's to the future ...
#117 Mar 07 2010 at 10:54 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Think all the emails will be sent out tomorrow, or just up until the 11th?
____________________________
#118 Mar 07 2010 at 11:24 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
Same here.
#119 Mar 08 2010 at 12:01 AM Rating: Good
Teknoman wrote:
Think all the emails will be sent out tomorrow, or just up until the 11th?


I'd like to know this too, but because of the NDA and Alla's policy regarding that, I don't think we'll find out very easily. Info does have a way of leaking, though... BG or KI sometimes end up being places to find that kind of info.

Edited, Mar 7th 2010 10:23pm by Osarion
#120 Mar 08 2010 at 12:15 AM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Guess we'll just end up email camping lol.
____________________________
#121 Mar 08 2010 at 3:32 AM Rating: Default
15 posts
Now it is already march 8th!!!! Where is the email!!!!!!!
#122 Mar 08 2010 at 4:25 AM Rating: Decent
13 posts
sign up still available from the front page someone might want to remove it
____________________________
)_(
#123 Mar 08 2010 at 6:18 AM Rating: Decent
15 posts
There is link but you cant do any registration anymore. The page mention the contest is now closed.
#124 Mar 08 2010 at 6:31 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Ahhh can't wait to see if I received an email or not!
____________________________
<img src="http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3614/baekdffxiv1.jpg">
#125 Mar 08 2010 at 7:48 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,011 posts
nothin yet :/
____________________________
[ffxisig]18080[/ffxisig]
#126 Mar 08 2010 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
*
75 posts
Quote:
Now it is already march 8th!!!! Where is the email!!!!!!!


Yikes.. The contest only closed at midnight PST and it is barely even 6am PST. SE has to sort through hundreds of entries based on email address alone and figure out who is legit, who didn't apply twice (because it says right on the beta app that multiple entries will void all of your entries, so I'd imagine that will spill over into this), who has active FFXI, and so on.

Why do people expect them to have all this done in 6 hours flat? Plus, are the people ultimately taking care of it in the end from Japan? All Zam is doing is forwarding a bunch of entries to Square after all. If so, it's now 11pm in Japan, and I highly doubt anyone is working on anything. If they didn't get it done (and I highly doubt they did), it probably won't be done until the next business day.

Give them time...
____________________________


FFXIV: Here's to the future ...
#127 Mar 08 2010 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
13 posts
because they use a database and a simple SQL query and it spits out the answers, they certainly don't go through them all by hand. French site posted their 100 winners already, i'm assuming that they liaised with SE to make sure entrants where FFXI players so hoping Zam and ffxi encyclopedia aren't to far behind.
____________________________
)_(
#128 Mar 08 2010 at 12:08 PM Rating: Decent
11 posts
Quote:
French site posted their 100 winners already, i'm assuming that they liaised with SE to make sure entrants where FFXI players so hoping Zam and ffxi encyclopedia aren't to far behind.


I tossed the info from the french site into translate and it looks like they only took the first 100 entries. I'm not too sure how they would've figured out exactly if people who registered their email address do indeed have an active FFXI account, but the winners there are listed.

Based on the wording of the contests here on ZAM and over on FFXIclopedia it sounds more like a random drawing than a first come first served kind of thing. I'm hoping this is the case anyway eventhough I think I registered within the first few hours of the contest. Guess we just have to wait and see. Good luck to everyone!
#129 Mar 08 2010 at 12:22 PM Rating: Decent
13 posts
Could Pikko or someone confirm if the entries have been passed on SE?
____________________________
)_(
#130 Mar 08 2010 at 12:30 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
Quote:
In fact, if you think about it, this is probably how Square planned it. They put this promotion out, hundreds of people re-activate their accounts just to try to get into Beta, and bam ... Square's got a nice new chunk of change for themselves ;) Some of the people who re-activate may even stick around and play some more now that they already paid for a month and new changes are coming out, many may just say "hmm might stick around for awhile", which is another bonus long-term for them monetarily.


I did this :) I hadn't played FFXI since right after Chains of Promathia came out. So I signed up again to try and get into the beta. But I decided to play again and I was pleasantly surprised how easy they made it to level. I'm already level 15 and have only been playing a few days. No more dunes parties? Awesome! But it looks like it will be hard to get my sub job quest done as the server seems pretty unpopulated, at least at my level. Anyway, this and FFXIII should tide me over until I'm able to play FFXIV. If anyone is on Ramuh would be so kind to help me get my subjob quest items I'd really appreciate it :D


Edited, Mar 8th 2010 1:31pm by cpomer
#131 Mar 08 2010 at 12:50 PM Rating: Good
*
75 posts
Quote:
I did this :) I hadn't played FFXI since right after Chains of Promathia came out. So I signed up again to try and get into the beta. But I decided to play again and I was pleasantly surprised how easy they made it to level. I'm already level 15 and have only been playing a few days. No more dunes parties? Awesome! But it looks like it will be hard to get my sub job quest done as the server seems pretty unpopulated, at least at my level. Anyway, this and FFXIII should tide me over until I'm able to play FFXIV. If anyone is on Ramuh would be so kind to help me get my subjob quest items I'd really appreciate it :D


Awe if you were on Siren I'd totally help ya out :) Good luck!

Yup I'm actually enjoying being back in the game after deciding to return just to see if it'd give me a shot at Beta, although I was able to re-activate my year-long-dormant account and I still seem to have all my character data intact which is kinda neat. I thought it would have been long gone.
____________________________


FFXIV: Here's to the future ...
#132 Mar 08 2010 at 2:00 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,102 posts
IIIIIIT'S MONDAY! :D
____________________________
------------------
#133 Mar 08 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Decent
**
562 posts
Maybe Zam doesn't want to post list of winners because those people will be flooded with PMs asking a hundred different things.
____________________________
The more I train, the harder I get. The harder I get, the more lethal I am. The more lethal I am, the fewer opponents. The fewer opponents, the less to lose. The less to lose, the more I let up. The more I let up, the more room for mistakes. The more room for mistakes, the more I train.

#134 Mar 08 2010 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
*
116 posts
ZAM only know what emails they sent to SE, doesn't SE have to sort through the emails and see who they think qualifies?

Either way, congratulations to whomever gets an email.
#135 Mar 08 2010 at 5:54 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
If the french site already show the 100 winners by right i think ZAM have already send the entries and we should receive our email in the noon or late evening?
#136 Mar 08 2010 at 6:47 PM Rating: Good
*
116 posts
They have until the 11th to go over the list of emails and notify us, just have some patience. Good things come to those who wait :)
#137 Mar 08 2010 at 6:50 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
633 posts
I know it is impossible for anyone to clarify if the emails have been sent yet, but it would sure be nice to rid myself of the obsession to click "Check Inbox" every 30 secs, that is for sure.

Congradulations to all those that won. Its 10AM March 2nd, so I am guessing that it is over by now.
____________________________
"BSTito, ergo erat..." (I BST, therefore I was.) -Rennne Decarrtee, Mithran Philosopher
#138 Mar 08 2010 at 7:03 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Since we can basically reapply as many times as we want on the main app (even though they only count the last app you did), if we reapply just to make sure that we put our POL ID on the beta as well, will that affect our extra PC beta chances via ZAM and FFXIclopedia/Eorzeapedia?

Im pretty sure I did, but beta tension makes you cautious :P
____________________________
#139 Mar 08 2010 at 7:50 PM Rating: Decent
11 posts
Teknoman wrote:
Since we can basically reapply as many times as we want on the main app (even though they only count the last app you did), if we reapply just to make sure that we put our POL ID on the beta as well, will that affect our extra PC beta chances via ZAM and FFXIclopedia/Eorzeapedia?


Think of it as casting a spell. If you already have an effect present the spell cast will have no effect or just overwrite what you already had.

"Teknoman casts Enbeta. The spell has no effect!"

All you needed was an email address that matches a Squeenix ID which is linked to a FFXI account. I'm almost certain that the list that is submitted to SE via the fansites will not contain duplicate account email addresses. If it somehow does have duplicates then SE will likely send only one invitation to the email that was selected.
#140 Mar 08 2010 at 7:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Yes, we passed the names on but we will NOT be posting them publicly like Jeux Online. It'd be infinitely stupid of us to post a bunch of email addresses publicly. I doubt you guys would like that. lol

Edited, Mar 8th 2010 3:53pm by Pikko
#141 Mar 08 2010 at 8:00 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
350 posts
Pikko wrote:
Yes, we passed the names on but we will NOT be posting them publicly like Jeux Online. It'd be infinitely stupid of us to post a bunch of email addresses publicly. I doubt you guys would like that. lol

Edited, Mar 8th 2010 3:53pm by Pikko


Agreed, but can we at least get some statistics? Like how many people entered and how many were selected? I'm guessing you guys selected 100 people like Jeux Online, but how many people actually entered?
#142 Mar 08 2010 at 8:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
Sorry but that's not info I'm allowed to give out! =\
#143 Mar 08 2010 at 8:15 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Wow BetterThanThou, that was a pretty good analogy, thanks.
____________________________
#144 Mar 08 2010 at 8:25 PM Rating: Good
*
116 posts
How about ZAM sends those who were selected a private message saying "good luck, we hope SE takes a liking to your beta app!"? ;)
#145 Mar 08 2010 at 8:35 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Guess no one is getting an acceptance letter today. 2 days left, and the suspense is building lol.

Edited, Mar 8th 2010 8:35pm by Teknoman
____________________________
#146 Mar 09 2010 at 12:11 AM Rating: Excellent
**
803 posts
Rumors are going 'round that when you register FFXIII on SE Members, you get a beta key to be used for the PC or PS3 version of XIV. If it's true, we'll likely hear more tomorrow- though it could provide some more hope to those of us still not chosen for the beta.
____________________________
Currently unable to play due to Square-Enix's lack of discretion for players.
#147 Mar 09 2010 at 12:22 AM Rating: Excellent
KnivesJonquil wrote:
Rumors are going 'round that when you register FFXIII on SE Members, you get a beta key to be used for the PC or PS3 version of XIV. If it's true, we'll likely hear more tomorrow- though it could provide some more hope to those of us still not chosen for the beta.


I'll let you know tonight, going for the midnight release ^^ (10:23 pm here)
#148 Mar 09 2010 at 7:11 AM Rating: Good
31 posts
Guessing Square didn't contact anyone yet? Maybe they are going for midnight? 10:10pm in Japan.
#149 Mar 09 2010 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
15 posts
Sigh.. Been checking my email all day but there is none from SE :(
#150Pseudopsia, Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 8:26 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Stop asking about emails. The fact that you're asking shows you should not be accepted. Read the NDA.
#151 Mar 09 2010 at 10:01 AM Rating: Decent
44 posts
Man I just need to go ahead and find out if I was accepted or not. If not, I have my beta key for PS3 I will try, will be my third and final try to get into the beta first =o
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)