Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This thread is locked

Equinox RecruitmentFollow

#1 Mar 16 2010 at 8:41 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
Introduction:

Hello,

I am the leader of a new link shell called Equinox. I come from a long line of MMO's spanning from EQoA, EQ2, WoW, and most recently Aion. I have always played and been a leader in top end guilds and wish to continue to do so here. With that said I am looking for like minded players.

Equinox's Mission Statement:

Equinox is a progression-oriented hardcore Final Fantasy XIV raiding guild comprised of some of the world's best players from other raid-centric MMOs. We are driven to be the best, and we will push ourselves to down new content as quickly as possible. Even when we fail to down a boss first, we will continue to push ourselves to win so we can better prepare ourselves to take down the next boss.

Equinox's Expectations:

Dedication - We expect but do not demand your time and dedication to the guild as a whole. We do not demand this because if you do not wish to give the time and dedication needed to succeed, this is not the guild for you.

Respect - This one is very important, not only do you need to respect Equinox as a guild, but you must respect your fellow members and the community of FFXIV as a whole. We take pride in our reputation and anyone willing to tarnish this will be subject for removal.

No Drama - Drama has no place in Equinox. If you're a drama queen, you may want to consider broadway, not this guild.

No Greed - Greed is an evil word, and a word that will never be welcome in Equinox. If you're only looking out for yourself, then you may want to find a new place to do it. Do not let greed cloud your judgment.

And above all else, enjoy yourself! This is why we made the guild and play the game in the first place.

Contact Information:

If you are interested in joining Equinox or just want to stop by and say hi, please visit our website at; http://www.equinox-ls.mmoguildsites.com/

Conclusion:

We feel that this is a unique opportunity for anyone interested in being a part of a guild of extremely talented individuals on the ground level, before we fill up on the classes we need and slow down our recruitment.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please reply here or go to our site for more information.

Furyan
Equinox

Edited, Mar 16th 2010 10:44pm by Pesmurga

Edited, Mar 23rd 2010 9:49am by Pikko Lock Thread: recruitment
#2 Mar 16 2010 at 8:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
153 posts
Jump the gun much?
____________________________
AIM: offthachain
Playonline: Onineko
Sever: Carbuncle
#3 Mar 16 2010 at 8:54 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
Its called being proactive. There are actually many guilds or linkshells that have started recruiting.

Edited, Mar 16th 2010 10:55pm by Pesmurga
#4 Mar 16 2010 at 8:57 PM Rating: Excellent
******
48,703 posts
Nothing would get done if it wasn't for greed.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#5 Mar 16 2010 at 8:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Pesmurga wrote:
Its called being proactive. There are actually many guilds or linkshells that have started recruiting.


I would suggest a certain amount of willingness to brush off the criticisms you're going to receive for attempting to recruit for a game that has not even started its closed beta. You're right, you're being proactive. Which could just as easily be construed as being overly excited and talking that talk that so many other would-be guild leaders has talked and hasn't been able to walk. Am I accusing you of something? Nope Just keep in mind as you're re-reading your section on your group's pride and reputation that the high road here will set the example far more than the defensive path.
#6 Mar 16 2010 at 9:04 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Nothing would get done if it wasn't for greed.


Volve sua spera, e beata si gode
#7 Mar 16 2010 at 9:06 PM Rating: Good
*
223 posts
Not to be a Debbie-downer, but I noticed you didn't list FFXI as part of your "guild-leading" experience. I know FFXIV is a separate game, but I feel like endgame in FFXIV will be closer to FFXI than any of the games you've listed, so what makes you think your guild will be so successful with you leading it? Just asking out of curiosity, by the way.

By cramming the content down your members throats you may be robbing them of the very essence of FFXIV which is it's own kind of MMO.
#8 Mar 16 2010 at 9:15 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
Well, I do not like listing previous guild history because as you said this is a different game. However, leading is something that can be carried over.

I was in a guild who was world #1 in EQ2. The guild name was Ascendance, and we had the same values as this guild is, and actually some of the same players. Every game myself and my current members have played in we have always been on top, our skill does not limit us to certain games.

We are seeking link minded and skilled players to help us succeed in this upcoming game as well.

____________________________
http://www.equinox-ls.mmoguildsites.com/
#9 Mar 16 2010 at 9:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,000 posts
Pesmurga wrote:
we will push ourselves to down new content as quickly as possible.


Pass.
____________________________
#10 Mar 16 2010 at 9:25 PM Rating: Decent
*
100 posts
I played EQ2, got up to level 72 as an Iksar Warlock before rage quitting the MIstmoore server due to lack of players back in 2007. It was fun while it lasted though.

Edited, Mar 16th 2010 11:29pm by imperialvulture
____________________________
WTB Pet class, preferably a magic based one.
#11 Mar 16 2010 at 9:29 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
@ Akirussan: Our guild is not for everyone, we do respect other peoples gaming styles.

@ Imperialvulture: Not sure why it wont load... if you I tried the link and it worked for me, I would say give it another shot.

Here it is again just incase;

http://www.equinox-ls.mmoguildsites.com/
____________________________
http://www.equinox-ls.mmoguildsites.com/
#12 Mar 16 2010 at 9:36 PM Rating: Good
***
1,822 posts
Could we please get some kind of a sub forum for all these people who think they are revolutionary and trying to get members for their guild, for a game that isn't even out yet? Like a recruitment forum? Something like what BG has, a cross server recruitment forum or something, I dunno. Just sick of seeing all the spam so far. Even if the game was up and running I don't want to go to a FFXIV forum and constantly see all the spam of people trying to advertise for themselves.

Also on a related note, most people who take such a serious approach to something so prematurely are usually closed minded and you won't enjoy playing the game with them. They will be those "Do everything by the rules no matter what" uptight end game people who end up making the games feel more like a job than anything else. They're recruiting this early because they want to be the BIGGEST-BEST-GREATEST guild as soon as **** goes live. I hate this mentality and I hate all this bullcrap spam.

Quote:
No Greed - Greed is an evil word, and a word that will never be welcome in Equinox. If you're only looking out for yourself, then you may want to find a new place to do it. Do not let greed cloud your judgment.


I remember back in the day on FFXI, linkshell leaders would feed people this line before people wised up, so that the leaders and core members could hog all the loot. Protip: Everyone wants things out of the game, that's why they play. A linkshell/guild leader who's not a total moron (which most are) know how to get everyone a bit of everything so no one feels left out.

God **** I hate this thread and I hate everyone doing these stupid advertisements.

If people want a decent guild or whatever it will be called when FFXIV begins, get some friends together, find a few good people, or just do the natural thing and join the game and find a good group to evolve naturally. This game is going to be a more casual game than FFXI so I'm sick of seeing people take such a uptight approach to it. If they want to be like that then so be it but this spam on the main forum needs to end. I don't like advertising.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#13 Mar 16 2010 at 9:40 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
It's been my experience in most games that most guilds/LS's fail. There will be many many guilds that popup shortly after release. After a month or two, many people will quit the game and move on. So there will plenty of half empty shells. Most in fact. The people that remain after a few months will be the people I'll be interested in playing with. At that time I will decide where to go based on people i've spent time with in the first few months. Until that time, I'll probably play on my own doing my own thing and enjoying the game and building up friendships naturally in the game instead of forcing it with people I may not like because I chose to join a guild before the game comes out.
I don't mind the OP's approach, I just find that you never know who you're playing with until the game comes out. Building up a group of people 6-8 months before a game comes out only to have the majority of them quit a month or two in seems silly. It's not wrong to be enthusiastic and want to plan ahead, just a little unrealistic I think. It's just the nature of a good majority of people to move on after a few months in a new MMO. You won't know who those people are gonna be there for you so formulating any longterm strategy at this point is kind of a crapshoot.
#14 Mar 16 2010 at 9:55 PM Rating: Default
6 posts
@ ShonaSeraph: Thank you for a well thought out reply, though you play differently you have brought up a great point.

I too have seen guilds come and go, but we have no intention of doing so, why? Well, the core of Equinox has known each other for several years, and we plan on playing together for much longer. We all share common goals and interests and are in hopes of finding like minded players to fill our roster. We do have intentions of getting to know each other better even before FFXIV hits the market so when it does, we are closer and will work together better.

@ EndlessJourney: I think a sub forum for guilds/linkshell recruitment would be great!

However, you speak of closed minded people then put up a post against something you have not once been forced to read or join. I respect everyones opinions, but to just go on someone elses thread which you may not agree with and attempt to bash their ideas is ignorant.

You speak of getting friends together etc etc when the game launches, well Equinox has 15 members which 13 I have known for 4-5+ years. Does that count? Is it wrong to be proactive and try to find like minded players to join us? I think not, does that make me right? Ofcourse not, its how I want to approach the way I run my guild/LS and if you dont approve that does not make you wrong, just please dont try to generalize me or my guild/ls of which you know very little about.
____________________________
http://www.equinox-ls.mmoguildsites.com/
#15 Mar 16 2010 at 10:04 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
It's Syno23

Glad you took some of my advice. Really hope your linkshell does well. Sorry these guys are bashing you like this, but in reality, like I said. All linkshells are different and people should be allowed to choose what linkshell they wanna join.

Equinox is a great linkshell. I love you guys! And, good luck, an thank you for taking my advice.

btw...if you can respond to my post on:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/2978-equinox-recruitment/

Edited, Mar 17th 2010 12:05am by Karmian
#16 Mar 16 2010 at 10:10 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
That's cool. If we end up on the same server and you guys are still around after a few months and have a decent rep, I'll look into it. FFXI culture was far different than in WoW or Aion. I have played all 3. Reputation is most important in FF. You can't just hop from guild to guild without being shunned by the community, especially if you plan on playing a long time. So choosing the correct guild is important and something I would recommend newer players to really think about before possibly being surrounded by players that could potentially make you look bad by being affiliated with them.
#17 Mar 16 2010 at 10:12 PM Rating: Good
ShonaSeraph wrote:
Building up a group of people 6-8 months before a game comes out only to have the majority of them quit a month or two in seems silly.


Not to mention the people that sign up today and never actually buy the game because something else caught their eye.

Or it turns out that the reason they were so excited to sign up for a group for a game not even in beta is because they're on income assistance and have nothing better to do than click the refresh button on their browser every 2 minutes looking for a beta invite. Lots of enthusiasm until they get to the checkout with the shiny new game and realize in a shameful moment of "DOH!" that they're about to spend half their grocery money for the month on an MMO. But they do anyways, because they're excited and dedicated and they've got people counting on them to be uber!!! Then, after 3 weeks of nothing but dry ramen noodles (because when you've got to be uber in an MMO, even boiling water takes too **** long) and store-brand baked beans they fall over dead at their keyboard from malnutrition and it's ALL YOUR FAULT.

Is that what you want?

Hardcore endgame is srs bsns. Remember that.
#18 Mar 16 2010 at 10:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
556 posts
It would be so ironic if a year from now this LS or Guild(we don't know what they will be called) is one of the top on their server. But to be honest any guild recruiting before a game comes out seems way too hardcore for my taste.

____________________________
Jayy Submor-Hyperion-Slash Flex
#19 Mar 16 2010 at 11:04 PM Rating: Decent
*
100 posts
I don't get why people are raging so hard, some people like to be established before a game is released so they get to know the people in it better and can form static parties. I was in a premade guild for Warhammer, I spent a lot of time playing DOTA with them and becoming friends with my guildmates, by the time WAR came out we all knew what we were going to do and played smooth as silk. Too bad the game sucked.

Me personally , I think I'm done with the hardcore lifestyle of MMOs, I'm probably going to join a friendly casual LS, or form my own. We'll see.
____________________________
WTB Pet class, preferably a magic based one.
#20 Mar 16 2010 at 11:06 PM Rating: Excellent
**
362 posts
I have never understood the numbers game when it comes to links/guilds. Sure, having 1,000 people in your link means you will almost always be able to find someone to do anything, but how well do you get to know these people? It starts to feel like WoW at that point to me.

For me: the person is more important than their skill; always. There was a Mithra in my link who was a train wreck of a BLM, but we wanted her with us anywhere we went because we loved her personality. She was in my link from the first few days she was in the game until she finally quit playing.

I started a linkshell in the first or second week I was playing FFXI which was still active a few months after I retired from the game. It was formed with just a few, close friends, and while it was never very big (about 35-40 at most), almost everyone knew everyone else, had helped everyone else, partied with everyone else. I was only a member of one other link (one I had joined my first day in the game) that wasn't an HNMLS, and this link was so similar in the quality of people that a lot of members belonged to both this link and mine.

Too many times in WoW (and other MMOs) did it feel like I might know 5 or 10 of the people in the guild, but the other 90+ were just random people who my only common link with was the fact that we were in the same guild, so not much. The game means so much more when you're with people you actually care about; like when you accomplish some major task, and the people around you are people you've watched progress through levels, learn and become good at their jobs, joked with, died with, laughed with. Whether what I had in FFXI was rare or just an example of the FFXI community, I don't know, but I will do whatever I can to attract, recruit, or belong with a group like those I was with in FFXI.


(By the way, this isn't a negative comment towards the OP; it just made me think about what's important to me in a link.)
____________________________
"Unfortunately many game companies are learning that if they can just keep you busy, you might not realize how bored you are." - Kachi
"Pride in your character will amount to nothing more than the level of intimacy I have when I order a burger from McDonald's" - Warfox07
"I find comfort food always helps when I feel like killing myself." - Papashan (FFXIV)
#21 Mar 16 2010 at 11:11 PM Rating: Excellent
*
100 posts
I agree WooShoo, I despise zerg guilds that just recruit anyone and everyone that breathes. There has to be a good limit drawn. Once you get above 40 people it starts to turn into a zoo, IMO.
____________________________
WTB Pet class, preferably a magic based one.
#22 Mar 16 2010 at 11:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
Pesmurga wrote:


@ EndlessJourney: I think a sub forum for guilds/linkshell recruitment would be great!

However, you speak of closed minded people then put up a post against something you have not once been forced to read or join. I respect everyones opinions, but to just go on someone elses thread which you may not agree with and attempt to bash their ideas is ignorant.

You speak of getting friends together etc etc when the game launches, well Equinox has 15 members which 13 I have known for 4-5+ years. Does that count? Is it wrong to be proactive and try to find like minded players to join us? I think not, does that make me right? Ofcourse not, its how I want to approach the way I run my guild/LS and if you dont approve that does not make you wrong, just please dont try to generalize me or my guild/ls of which you know very little about.


I was forced to read it when you posted it on the main forum. People are forced to sift through them when you post them on the main forum. If you take a look at the main forum, you will see post after post after post of people simply advertising their guild. Each one has some overly dramaticized list of rules which always includes things like "We want to be the best" "We want to have fun" "We don't want any greed" "We won't tolerate drama" and a lot of other generic things anyone with half a brain can copy and paste.

This isn't "your" thread either. This is a public forum. When you post on it you're putting whatever it is you say out their for other people to judge. If you don't think some people will like it, then don't post it OR accept the facts of the matter of how some people will react to it and why.

If you have 13 people you know closely that you want to start with, you're doing this all wrong. That right there is a great number to start with. If you're looking for the "right kind" of people why are you trying to find them over a anonymous internet forum? You and your guild partners might meet some very good people once the game starts, in the game itself (how it should be)...

Don't expect people not to generalize you either when you are generalizing yourself. You have to be different for people not to generalize you or that is by it's very nature what is going to happen. At the very least, you could give a more simple post with a more approachable and casual emphasis and logic behind it. Not another one of these walls-o-text that says everything you want to do and exactly how you want to do it.

If you don't want people to generalize you, then don't be generic. Break the mold, that's why I'm getting sick of these threads. Me? I plan to possibly start a group with some long time FFXI friends of mine. But I will not over expand, I will not worry about being perfect and having a huge list of generic rules for a game I don't even know about yet -I will be more open minded to things and new systems- and I would fill the empty slots via networking. Good friends of Good friends.

Edited, Mar 16th 2010 10:52pm by EndlessJourney
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#23 Mar 16 2010 at 11:54 PM Rating: Decent
15 posts
Sounds fair enough and with good intentions at mind most guilds that succeed are guilds that have a central core of players weither it be played another mmo together or know each other in real life. Even if most people disargee with a hardcore eilitist attitude or not ya gotta give it to em us elitist pricks(wow phrase lol dont burn me) are awesome lol. Sign me up I'll fill out a app soon as yall accept me to yalls site.

Kellasik Fleshreaver.
#24 Mar 17 2010 at 12:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
Could we please get some kind of a sub forum for all these people who think they are revolutionary and trying to get members for their guild, for a game that isn't even out yet? Like a recruitment forum? Something like what BG has, a cross server recruitment forum or something, I dunno. Just sick of seeing all the spam so far. Even if the game was up and running I don't want to go to a FFXIV forum and constantly see all the spam of people trying to advertise for themselves.


I don't get your rage over this. It says in the title that it's a "Recruitment" thread. From that I knew that it didn't interest me so I shouldn't bother looking. Then I checked every other thread, got bored, and decided to see why this thread was still active.

Not to antagonize you, but it sounds like a personal problem that you are so bothered by something that's so easy to ignore, and is relatively uncommon.
--------
As for the guild itself, I won't presume to know what kind of group you are or what you're looking for, but personally if I were looking for a cool guild to play with, even as a potential hardcore player (and I could be interested, though I intend to play with several RL friends), I would be much more interested in your group because of the people in it, and not how uber you anticipate on being. Blazing through the content doesn't sound inherently fun unless perhaps your members are really just that fun to play with.

The mission statement-like stuff is pretty common, not surprisingly including guilds that fail quickly. If you have 13 good players that you know well, that's a strong selling point that I would emphasize more because it sets you apart from all of the other patchwork guilds that recruit before beta; however, I look on your forums and I don't see the established community of friends that I would have hoped to see. Introductions from your current, long-time members would go a long way. That alone-- 13 testimonial/introductions-- would be far more appealing than a formal sounding declaration of intent.

Anyway, hope you find some new people that work out for you.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#25 Mar 17 2010 at 1:04 AM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
Pass. I'm not particularly eager to destroy the magic of the first couple months with this sort of artificial epeen lust, especially one that seeks to bolster its ranks with random people.

Edited, Mar 17th 2010 12:07am by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#26 Mar 17 2010 at 1:09 AM Rating: Default
6 posts
Kellasik, you dont need to be accepted to the site to post up an app. So feel free to put one up when you get a chance.
____________________________
http://www.equinox-ls.mmoguildsites.com/
#27 Mar 17 2010 at 1:36 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
Kachi wrote:

I don't get your rage over this. It says in the title that it's a "Recruitment" thread. From that I knew that it didn't interest me so I shouldn't bother looking. Then I checked every other thread, got bored, and decided to see why this thread was still active.

Not to antagonize you, but it sounds like a personal problem that you are so bothered by something that's so easy to ignore, and is relatively uncommon.


It makes me rage for the very reason I explained. It's spam. These threads are everywhere. That's why I said if we are to have them, give them their own sub forum. People come here looking for FFXIV discussions and actual information and they get all these recruitment threads. I also don't like the idea of new people thinking that this is the natural way to get into a good group on FFXIV, it's going to ruin the natural progress of how people are suppose to develop in a game.

A personal problem? I would say so. I've seen this kind of situation play out before and it always turns out bad for everyone involved so it ends up being everyone's problem.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#28 Mar 17 2010 at 3:59 AM Rating: Good
EndlessJourney wrote:
Kachi wrote:

I don't get your rage over this. It says in the title that it's a "Recruitment" thread. From that I knew that it didn't interest me so I shouldn't bother looking. Then I checked every other thread, got bored, and decided to see why this thread was still active.

Not to antagonize you, but it sounds like a personal problem that you are so bothered by something that's so easy to ignore, and is relatively uncommon.


It makes me rage for the very reason I explained. It's spam. These threads are everywhere. That's why I said if we are to have them, give them their own sub forum. People come here looking for FFXIV discussions and actual information and they get all these recruitment threads. I also don't like the idea of new people thinking that this is the natural way to get into a good group on FFXIV, it's going to ruin the natural progress of how people are suppose to develop in a game.

A personal problem? I would say so. I've seen this kind of situation play out before and it always turns out bad for everyone involved so it ends up being everyone's problem.



Yes, 4 threads on my first 4 pages (I have 100/page)... 4 out of 400 threads. One percent... these threads are a plague and must be eliminated!

To arms, Allakhazam admins! We mustn't lose our way of life to this infestation!

Edited, Mar 17th 2010 3:04am by Osarion
#29 Mar 17 2010 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,100 posts
@Pesmurga: Good luck with recruiting. ^.^;

@Everyone Else: At some point this is going to happen, you're going to see groups beginning to get a jump on recruiting. I, personally, don't feel it's quite the right time, as there is absolutely 0% information available on any form of end-game content at this point.

Former FFXI players know what to expect from Square-Enix in terms of their MMO style at it's core. FFXI doesn't cater to zerg-groups the way it does in other MMO's. However, we still don't know anything about FFXIV in this aspect, and I wouldn't feel comfortable congratulating or condemning such things at this point.

Lots of good stuff to look forward to. We're at the tipping point of getting a lot of information, I assume considering the insinuated 2010 release date and current state with a closed Alpha running. FFXI has survived a long and successful life, so it's only natural to assume FFXIV will be a very healthy, fun, and addictive MMO. No need to pounce on those recruiting for their Guild/LS ahead of time...just enjoy the ride, and pass over those that start earlier than you would.
____________________________
Common sense is not so common -Voltaire
Wyne Aeros - Hyperion Server
ARRFishing.com

#30 Mar 17 2010 at 6:20 AM Rating: Excellent
*
170 posts
I may be a pessimist as well, but I do agree with Endlessjourney to a degree. I don't understand why everyone and their brother is jumping the gun to get a guild/linkshell estabolised right off the bat as to be "first" or try and their share of glory. Doing so before the game is even released IMO is foolish. How does anyone who is recruiting know that they will even like FFXIV enough to stay? I mean, I tried out Aion when it first came out and no longer play because I didn't care for it above FFXI or even WOW.

As for the poster, let me ask you a question. Why would someone on this forum want to join your shell over the 10-20 others that are being formed at this very moment? Having alot of MMO experiance is one thing, but from your name it appears you created the account on zam only to recruit for you guild. This indicates that your only interest in this forum is for recruitment (I may be wrong). Also, you list you were a member of a #1 guild in EQ. How does being a member of a great guild give experiance enough to lead a completely new guild? Also, with no experiance in FFXI, why should a player join your guild versus a guild that has estabolished ties to FFXI (even with this game being different, there is a decent amount of carry-over to which most people will agree)

Have you lead any other guilds? If so which ones and what was the result?

These questions are not attacks, but are some valid questions in regards to your first post.

I wish you luck for your guild and that you have success on whichever server you join!

Edited, Mar 17th 2010 8:30am by EklmForever
#31 Mar 17 2010 at 6:26 AM Rating: Default
**
423 posts
As soon as i heard WoW/Aion guild... yeah no.

I've played WoW and my co-worker beside me plays both. Anyone who plays those games aren't the type of people i would guild up with. The roleplay coalition seems much more fitting to FFXI as far as any guilds so far have displayed.

Pushing endgame content and talking about drama go hand in hand with games like WoW. Sorry to say but i've played for a few years, it's true.

I wish you all the luck but i feel most of this will fall on deaf ears simply because the FFXI player usually doesn't get along with the WoW crowd and thank god for that.
#32 Mar 17 2010 at 7:27 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
73 posts
i love how all the egocentric vultures all flock to the guild recruitment threads just to hijack it. they say these threads are 'jumping the gun' because the game isn't even out yet, and yet at the same time they go on and criticize aspects of the guild when, of course, the game isn't even out yet; just tad bit hypocritical there.

if something irked you so much, why would you just not ignore it? he's not exactly going to stop recruiting because of your dissent, and you know this, which makes me think all these posts are just for 'show'. i get it, you're awesome. move along.

endlessjourney's posts are the epitome of an overly exaggerated reaction, making a LOT of mountains out of molehills. i don't understand how someone can bait themselves into such an angered state. i'm pretty sure the words "Equinox Recruitment" reached over the monitor and assaulted your eyes, so now you want payback and justice. get it right, these threads aren't spam, your petulant tantrums are.

in fact, where are the moderators? isn't thread disruption somehow against the rules?


Edited, Mar 17th 2010 9:34am by snuggans
#33 Mar 17 2010 at 7:52 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
snuggans wrote:
i love how all the egocentric vultures all flock to the guild recruitment threads just to hijack it. they say these threads are 'jumping the gun' because the game isn't even out yet, and yet at the same time they go on and criticize aspects of the guild when, of course, the game isn't even out yet; just tad bit hypocritical there.

if something irked you so much, why would you just not ignore it? he's not exactly going to stop recruiting because of your dissent, and you know this, which makes me think all these posts are just for 'show'. i get it, you're awesome. move along.

endlessjourney's posts are the epitome of an overly exaggerated reaction, making a LOT of mountains out of molehills. i don't understand how someone can bait themselves into such an angered state. i'm pretty sure the words "Equinox Recruitment" reached over the monitor and assaulted your eyes, so now you want payback and justice. get it right, these threads aren't spam, your petulant tantrums are.

in fact, where are the moderators? isn't thread disruption somehow against the rules?


You are hypocritical in almost everything you say. Furthermore you can't seem to actually make any decent arguments, mainly just insult after insult which takes credence out of what you say. Also whining out to the mods anytime some one posts something you disagree with shows how much of a rage fit you are actually having yourself and how you cannot actually formulate a logical response. I'm simply arguing the point of the matter and strongly opinionated. It's quite obvious who's "Raging".

You seem to be one of these "If you don't like it ignore it" kinds of people who can't seem to understand those with strong opinions or why they have them. I pity people like you. Some of us actually take pride in this forum and while not everyone agrees or gets along, seeing threads constantly pop up where people simply made a account here to advertise is quite annoying. In fact I think that should be a bannable offense. But at the very least, I simply ask for a sub forum to put this stuff in.

This might be hard for you, but use some logic. If some one is a regular to a forum for awhile and sees people making accounts just to advertise and put up another generic recruitment thread, can you not see how that would be upsetting to some? What about the fact that people want the forum to be used for what it's actually meant for "General Discussions"? The frustrating part is, as time goes on and the beta stages get more final and the time to release gets closer, it will only get worse and worse. On opening day if this is still allowed most likely the entire front page will be nothing but recruitment threads by people with 1-10 posts.

Once again try to remember, I'm not in a angered state, I'm strongly opinionated about this subject and want to see a change for the betterment of the community. You, are what would be considered angry no offense. I also don't want to stop anyone from recruiting if that's their thing. I just think there's a proper way, time, and place for it. Also, it's not hypocritical for some one to say "Do not create a system based on properties of a subject you yet don't know about", it's common sense. The game isn't out yet so yes, as logic would have it it's hard to know exactly how to formulate something properly.

Another thing is, most of these just have that whole "Scam" feel to them. Like the fellow said, he already has 15 or so people to start with. For a casual game that's more than enough. Why try to stock up and bulk out on a ton of people and make a ton of rules? Look, if some one wants to do that, it's fine, but as I said, I think this is far from the proper place, and the proper time, especially as others have said when they don't even bother posting here aside from their advertisement. It's quite rude.

If you cannot understand all of this, it's your problem not mine. Simple logic.

Edited, Mar 17th 2010 7:01am by EndlessJourney
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#34 Mar 17 2010 at 7:59 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
73 posts
endlessjourney you have been reported for insulting and thread disruption.
hopefully, something is done about it.

if not, at least i was the one who bothered to report posts instead of trying to start schoolyard fights. i have to ask you though, .. and i don't expect you to answer truthfully, but did you ever, in your bouts of tantrum, report the initial recruitment post, since you considered it to be spam?

Edited, Mar 17th 2010 10:00am by snuggans
#35 Mar 17 2010 at 8:11 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
snuggans wrote:
endlessjourney you have been reported for insulting and thread disruption.
hopefully, something is done about it.

if not, at least i was the one who bothered to report posts instead of trying to start schoolyard fights. i have to ask you though, .. and i don't expect you to answer truthfully, but did you ever, in your bouts of tantrum, report the initial recruitment post, since you considered it to be spam?


Insulting? Honestly? You've got to be kidding me. The only one truly insulting so far is you. Again, quite hypocritical. Although maybe I should "Report" you for trolling, which is more or less what you're doing and it's quite annoying. It's also quite pathetic how you keep boasting on how you're going to report me. If you want to, go ahead, stop boasting about it though, that's incredibly immature.

You're new here and that's okay, but you don't seem to grasp quite how things go on here, you also seem to not understand that this is a forum which frequently has differing opinions on things.

Disagreeing even strongly with some one or insulting them is actually allowed, as long as you are not doing it simply to spite them or for arguments sake and watch your tone as not to get carried away. As I said, people have differing opinions around here and frequently argue them. You need to learn how the internet works, especially forums like this. To be honest though you're not making a good case for yourself with your insulting and threatening attitude.

To your final question, I heard personally that they were planning on creating a sub forum for these sort of threads. I'm not sure though, but I figured I would give it more time. I'm not one who goes crying to the adults usually though, so I like to put my opinion out there for people to understand how I feel the way I do. However I probably will make some sort of suggestion as best I can to this sort of thing when I have the time to later on. It really does need to be dealt with, if just giving them their own forum.

Edited, Mar 17th 2010 7:30am by EndlessJourney
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#36 Mar 17 2010 at 8:21 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,159 posts
Anyone else see a trend in a lot of the topics here?

Oversimplified example:

OP: Hi Guys. Join my guild, it's cool.
Guy1: What an idiot for posting this.
Guy2: I can't believe you're making me read this and waste my precious time.
Guy3: Hey, just because it's here doesn't mean you have to read it. No need to nerd rage.
Guy2: OH YEAH?! You're the hypocrite nerd raging!
Me: Pithy comment that usually gets overlooked while nerd rage ensues.

Honestly, guy3 is right. It's not like you have to read this. If you think it's too early to join a guild...um...don't join? You don't have to run the guy over with a tractor 20 times just because you don't want to join.

It's never too early to join a guild as long as you know what your getting yourself into. I joined a guild for WAR in like february when it came out in september. The game ended up sucking hard but I liked the guys so we all stuck around. I don't have any real life friends who play MMOs so it's nice to have a little circle of friends online to play the next good game to come out.

And if you don't like the playing model the guild follows...just move on, no need to make snarky comments.
#37 Mar 17 2010 at 8:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Dear Pesmurga,

I love your guildname. Hope I log on to FFXIV before you do to get a guild named "Equinox".

Thx, Red
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#38 Mar 17 2010 at 9:11 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
******
20,020 posts
I have to say, I HATE the idea of starting a brand new game with a "rush to endgame" mentality. Can't you enjoy learning and experiencing it and THEN think about endgame?

Especially since, you know, endgame for MMOs at launch is usually sparse, since the VAAAAAAST majority of players won't get there for a while.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#39 Mar 17 2010 at 9:21 AM Rating: Decent
*
223 posts
EklmForever wrote:
As for the poster, let me ask you a question. Why would someone on this forum want to join your shell over the 10-20 others that are being formed at this very moment? Having a lot of MMO experience is one thing, but from your name it appears you created the account on zam only to recruit for you guild. This indicates that your only interest in this forum is for recruitment (I may be wrong). Also, you list you were a member of a #1 guild in EQ. How does being a member of a great guild give experience enough to lead a completely new guild? Also, with no experience in FFXI, why should a player join your guild versus a guild that has established ties to FFXI (even with this game being different, there is a decent amount of carry-over to which most people will agree)


This is also what I was trying to get across in my post. Trolling or whatever aside, the OP really hasn't addressed any of these concerns, which isn't doing much for his credibility, hence the major skepticism. FFXI has a lot of influence in FFXIV and FFXI was never about leveling your first choices up as fast as you could to "get to the good stuff" because everyone knows the "good stuff" is the journey. Most people interested in FFXIV probably won't give up the chance to make the same memories to join a guild like this, and I am willing to bet a guild like this will not last very long because of this very fact. The devs aren't catering to endgamers this time around either, at least not this early on in the game. That's why this post seems silly to me. It's not like WoW and AoC where you gain experience by questing so you rush around finishing as many of them as possible. The storylines are considered important by many players and usually take a fair amount of time and even have time restrictions on how quickly you can complete something (Japanese midnight rule). It is also not instanced, as far as I have heard, which changes the endgame play as opposed to other games. I just honestly don't see this guild lasting because they have no experience or interest in Final Fantasy from what was listed and it just doesn't seem like the MMO for them. I could be completely wrong, but nonetheless. I think the people saying they just want to be the "first" "best" "biggest" linkshell are more on the mark and just want to make a name for themselves. No offense.
#40 Mar 17 2010 at 9:28 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,084 posts
Quote:
i love how all the egocentric vultures all flock to the guild recruitment threads just to hijack it.


Dissenting opinions are very common on the internet, and are in fact, not just part of an elaborate conspiracy by the dark and mysterious internet elite to make fun of your threads to feel better about themselves.
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#41 Mar 17 2010 at 9:34 AM Rating: Good
EndlessJourney wrote:
Kachi wrote:

I don't get your rage over this. It says in the title that it's a "Recruitment" thread. From that I knew that it didn't interest me so I shouldn't bother looking. Then I checked every other thread, got bored, and decided to see why this thread was still active.

Not to antagonize you, but it sounds like a personal problem that you are so bothered by something that's so easy to ignore, and is relatively uncommon.


It makes me rage for the very reason I explained. It's spam. These threads are everywhere. That's why I said if we are to have them, give them their own sub forum. People come here looking for FFXIV discussions and actual information and they get all these recruitment threads. I also don't like the idea of new people thinking that this is the natural way to get into a good group on FFXIV, it's going to ruin the natural progress of how people are suppose to develop in a game.

A personal problem? I would say so. I've seen this kind of situation play out before and it always turns out bad for everyone involved so it ends up being everyone's problem.


It's not spam. The WoW ZAM boards have their own little "bylaw" indicating that guild recruitment threads are not particularly welcome and should be directed to the official game forums, but the FFXIV boards have no such posted guidelines. Unless/until there is a sticky recommending people not post their guild recruitment messages here, they can't be labeled spam. I have no particular interest in signing up for a group months before the game even has an official release date, but I'll leave it to Pikko to decide whether or not such threads are or are not appropriate.
#42 Mar 17 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,100 posts
Endless: This line from your first response in this thread sums up your attitude -

EndlessJourney wrote:
[...] God **** I hate this thread and I hate everyone doing these stupid advertisements. [...]


Seriously, there's a way to go about being tasteful in how you convey your opinions, and then there is how you did it. One of the biggest problems with the FFXI boards was the tasteless attitude people gave new posters, regardless of what their posts were subject to. I suppose you expect everyone to clap and applaude your attitude, but it really just paints an intial sour picture that the ZAM FFXIV community may carry over some of the FFXI bitterness and attitude that built on the =10 boards over the last 5 years or so.

Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
Common sense is not so common -Voltaire
Wyne Aeros - Hyperion Server
ARRFishing.com

#43 Mar 17 2010 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
73 posts
Quote:
Dissenting opinions are very common on the internet, and are in fact, not just part of an elaborate conspiracy by the dark and mysterious internet elite to make fun of your threads to feel better about themselves.


despite the frivolous way you worded that, i'll go on to point out that those dissenting opinions can be easily gathered in another thread dedicated to that, instead of making a mess out of this one which is supposed to be for "Equinox Recruitment". granted, my posts are also a part of the pile of garbage posts in this thread, but the harm was already done before i posted and at the very least i have done my part in reporting posts that are disruptive and full of flames (which were intelligently edited out after i mentioned 'report'), unlike some who would rather whine about how spammy recruitment threads are instead of simply reporting it and moving on! what has happened in this thread is the annoyed party simply flocked to the thread and then became the pests themselves.

the way Pesmurga has responded to these posts is commendable, considering some were one liners that would make as much difference to the thread as if they hadn't been posted at all (but for some reason, people still want to leave their mark, and this is the 'conspiracy' you so facetiously mentioned) while others had consistent intervals of 'goddamns' and whatnots.
#44 Mar 17 2010 at 10:12 AM Rating: Excellent
Mistress of Gardening
Avatar
*****
14,661 posts
If you don't like people recruiting, then don't read the threads. No one is "forcing" anyone to read threads.

I'm sorry, but we're not going to make a sub-forum for guild recruiting when we don't even know if they're called guilds yet. Drop the bickering already.
#45 Mar 18 2010 at 12:00 PM Rating: Decent
*
144 posts
Cant stand these type of guilds. If i just say **** in chat, im bound to get kicked out.
____________________________
Server: Alexander
Character Name: Lovestospoon
Level: 75 WHM
Crafts: 100 Cooking
#46 Mar 18 2010 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
Kachi wrote:
I don't get your rage over this. It says in the title that it's a "Recruitment" thread. From that I knew that it didn't interest me so I shouldn't bother looking. Then I checked every other thread, got bored, and decided to see why this thread was still active.

Not to antagonize you, but it sounds like a personal problem that you are so bothered by something that's so easy to ignore, and is relatively uncommon.
--------
As for the guild itself, I won't presume to know what kind of group you are or what you're looking for, but personally if I were looking for a cool guild to play with, even as a potential hardcore player (and I could be interested, though I intend to play with several RL friends), I would be much more interested in your group because of the people in it, and not how uber you anticipate on being. Blazing through the content doesn't sound inherently fun unless perhaps your members are really just that fun to play with.

The mission statement-like stuff is pretty common, not surprisingly including guilds that fail quickly. If you have 13 good players that you know well, that's a strong selling point that I would emphasize more because it sets you apart from all of the other patchwork guilds that recruit before beta; however, I look on your forums and I don't see the established community of friends that I would have hoped to see. Introductions from your current, long-time members would go a long way. That alone-- 13 testimonial/introductions-- would be far more appealing than a formal sounding declaration of intent.

Anyway, hope you find some new people that work out for you.


Just wanted to call out Kachi's post here. I think this is the right attitude to have about recruitment posts, and I like his suggestions about how to sell the linkshell/guild better to potential suitors. Agreed on all points.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#47 Mar 18 2010 at 2:16 PM Rating: Good
*
133 posts
Quote:
Dedication - We expect but do not demand your time and dedication to the guild as a whole. We do not demand this because if you do not wish to give the time and dedication needed to succeed, this is not the guild for you.


Am I the only one who laughed out loud at this? Oh man. Some bada$$ mofos, you are.
#48 Mar 18 2010 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
**
394 posts
I don't take issue with the thread existing, but as far as its purpose goes, I think the post ratings speak for themselves.

Edited, Mar 18th 2010 4:32pm by TraumaFox
#49 Mar 18 2010 at 9:53 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
TraumaFox wrote:
I don't take issue with the thread existing, but as far as its purpose goes, I think the post ratings speak for themselves.


Now, I don't care about my karma rating, I swear. But I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that of late, people are opting to show disapproval solely by rating down, without posting their opinion on the matter.

Rating down is a great tool for dropping spam/flaming posts out of the picture, and in those cases, I don't think it's requisite to post alongside the rating. But in a case where people are having open, relatively flame-free debate, why not post your opinion on the issue as well?
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#50 Mar 18 2010 at 10:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
472 posts
My best times in FFXI was meeting the people I was partying with and then planning to meet up again for exp grind or rank missions later. This all happened in game. We formed a group of people that were fun and good at their jobs and turned it into a great endgame linkshell. I commend the op on his enthusiasm but my online gaming experience is more fun when I meet people in game during situations that require teamwork and situations that create stories of how I stumbled along this thief that had 3 raptors chasing him and I saved his *** and he joined my shell and turned out to be the best **** thf on the server...rambling but that is how good linkshells form. Not applications. This is my opinion and I wish your guild all the best but be wary of the bonds that are made through applications and not random encounters.
Cheers.
____________________________
Foo Mania/Istory
FooFighter/Quetzalcoatl retired
#51 Mar 18 2010 at 10:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,145 posts
Pesmurga wrote:
Every game myself and my current members have played in we have always been on top, our skill does not limit us to certain games.
Sounds to me it has more to do with free time than skill.


I'm going to laugh if a linkshell system isn't even implemented, and at this point I wouldn't count the move out with how FFXIV is shaping up.
« Previous 1 2
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)