So the other day I was sitting by the fire smoking my pipe, when I came to a dramatic realization. The company we have come to love, SE, is honestly the dumbest bunch of idiots I have had the pleasure of following. If I were to describe SE as a concrete object, it would be a well polished piece of ****. Here is why:
1. How many ******* times has their information been misleading simply do to "translation difficulties". Are these idiots really incapable of hiring a translator that is up to date with the company's work? By all accounts FFXIV's alpha beta testing was set to begin on March 11th. Well what the **** happened to that? Did they forget to click the "begin" button? They haven't even explained there selves on the matter either. I read a thread on another website titled "SE to announce widely anticipated game in the next week". A couple weeks later, still no announcement, they publicly came out and said it was a mistranslation. But it's OK Square, it's not like you have ever done this before. They stated we would have a seamless world in FFXIV, and then rescinded the statement later, once again saying it was a mistranslation. Get your **** together.
2. Ul'Dah, Lomsa Lominsa, Lalafell. Where the **** do they think these names can pass? Why can't they name towns like Rivershire, or Portsland. Adding apostrophes to the names of in game objects isn't going to make me E-*** any harder. The last names system is also moronic, as it will just make character sound more idiotic then they already will when they are sporting their brand new disgusting subligars, because there is no other option.
3. If these morons spent half the time actually thinking of other game mechanics that they do making the graphics, they could actually provide us with interesting and refreshing games. FFXIII was in the making for 6 god **** years, and they still managed to ***** it up. It is by no means a bad game, but who the **** is going to jump on board for a 2 hour basic battle tutorial, and a lack of cities and sidequests? They try and make it more attractive to western markets, yet they totally forgot that no fast paced american is going to give FFXIII a second chance if the only option you have in battle is "attack" 2 ******* hours in. FFXI could have been run better by a dead dog; it took them 6 years to finally answer people's calls and make the game more casual, and actually accept feedback.
4. For almost a year now they have spewed out propaganda that this MMO will be different from FFXI. Yet, guess what we have here. Another land "blessed by the gods" with the exact same races, the exact same art design, and it looks like the battle system will be the same thing, with a little more strategy thrown in. Way to spice it up SE, you lazy apathetic pieces of ****. We get our hopes up for jumping, climbing, or even swimming, but for some reason it is unnecessary for them to add. Just another way they have failed to modernize themselves in the gaming world. They keep us enticed by saying this will be a more casual game, and then come out recently telling us they want the average group to have 6-8 people. Great way to keep your fans happy, and what's even better is how they try and pull this off in an MMO with NO LEVELING SYSTEM. It's like what South Park said about Family Guy, do they just have manatees pushing around idea balls for them? Or wait, maybe it's another ******* mistranslation.
5. Who ever is in charge of advertising SE's games needs to get the chair. What kind of idiot thinks it is a smart marketing strategy to give us a sentence worth or information every 4 months? They could double their profits by actually advertising their products. Clearly they want more fans, considering they stated they tried to westernize FFXIII, but clearly the art of advertising is foreign to them, like every other ******* element of the gaming industry.
When they were Squaresoft they used to churn out successful and eventful games every year, what the **** happened to that? It's like they haven't hired anyone new, and just have a bunch of 90 year old has-beens running the show. Now we have to wait 4 years for the next FF installment and it doesn't even hold a candle to the classics they used to produce.
This company is ran by a bunch of incompetent idiots.
Edited, Oct 7th 2010 12:44pm by Pikko Lock Thread: necropost