Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This thread is locked

So is SE retarded?Follow

#1 Mar 21 2010 at 1:19 AM Rating: Default
So the other day I was sitting by the fire smoking my pipe, when I came to a dramatic realization. The company we have come to love, SE, is honestly the dumbest bunch of idiots I have had the pleasure of following. If I were to describe SE as a concrete object, it would be a well polished piece of ****. Here is why:

1. How many ******* times has their information been misleading simply do to "translation difficulties". Are these idiots really incapable of hiring a translator that is up to date with the company's work? By all accounts FFXIV's alpha beta testing was set to begin on March 11th. Well what the **** happened to that? Did they forget to click the "begin" button? They haven't even explained there selves on the matter either. I read a thread on another website titled "SE to announce widely anticipated game in the next week". A couple weeks later, still no announcement, they publicly came out and said it was a mistranslation. But it's OK Square, it's not like you have ever done this before. They stated we would have a seamless world in FFXIV, and then rescinded the statement later, once again saying it was a mistranslation. Get your **** together.

2. Ul'Dah, Lomsa Lominsa, Lalafell. Where the **** do they think these names can pass? Why can't they name towns like Rivershire, or Portsland. Adding apostrophes to the names of in game objects isn't going to make me E-*** any harder. The last names system is also moronic, as it will just make character sound more idiotic then they already will when they are sporting their brand new disgusting subligars, because there is no other option.

3. If these morons spent half the time actually thinking of other game mechanics that they do making the graphics, they could actually provide us with interesting and refreshing games. FFXIII was in the making for 6 god **** years, and they still managed to ***** it up. It is by no means a bad game, but who the **** is going to jump on board for a 2 hour basic battle tutorial, and a lack of cities and sidequests? They try and make it more attractive to western markets, yet they totally forgot that no fast paced american is going to give FFXIII a second chance if the only option you have in battle is "attack" 2 ******* hours in. FFXI could have been run better by a dead dog; it took them 6 years to finally answer people's calls and make the game more casual, and actually accept feedback.

4. For almost a year now they have spewed out propaganda that this MMO will be different from FFXI. Yet, guess what we have here. Another land "blessed by the gods" with the exact same races, the exact same art design, and it looks like the battle system will be the same thing, with a little more strategy thrown in. Way to spice it up SE, you lazy apathetic pieces of ****. We get our hopes up for jumping, climbing, or even swimming, but for some reason it is unnecessary for them to add. Just another way they have failed to modernize themselves in the gaming world. They keep us enticed by saying this will be a more casual game, and then come out recently telling us they want the average group to have 6-8 people. Great way to keep your fans happy, and what's even better is how they try and pull this off in an MMO with NO LEVELING SYSTEM. It's like what South Park said about Family Guy, do they just have manatees pushing around idea balls for them? Or wait, maybe it's another ******* mistranslation.

5. Who ever is in charge of advertising SE's games needs to get the chair. What kind of idiot thinks it is a smart marketing strategy to give us a sentence worth or information every 4 months? They could double their profits by actually advertising their products. Clearly they want more fans, considering they stated they tried to westernize FFXIII, but clearly the art of advertising is foreign to them, like every other ******* element of the gaming industry.


When they were Squaresoft they used to churn out successful and eventful games every year, what the **** happened to that? It's like they haven't hired anyone new, and just have a bunch of 90 year old has-beens running the show. Now we have to wait 4 years for the next FF installment and it doesn't even hold a candle to the classics they used to produce.

This company is ran by a bunch of incompetent idiots.

Edited, Oct 7th 2010 12:44pm by Pikko Lock Thread: necropost
____________________________
BANNED
#2 Mar 21 2010 at 1:33 AM Rating: Good
Meh, I agree with the basic principal of your #1 and 5, but you're basically just spewing troll bait crap. Go away, sock puppet.
#4 Mar 21 2010 at 1:54 AM Rating: Decent
**
658 posts
if it werent troll bait, you wouldnt be afraid to post on your normal account. Though, from the way you seem to be complaining, your regular account probably already is rated down so much that it wouldnt realy matter.
____________________________
[ffxisig]121077[/ffxisig]
#5 Mar 21 2010 at 2:31 AM Rating: Good
***
2,084 posts
Quote:
bawww


cool story, bro
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#6 Mar 21 2010 at 2:32 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,102 posts
That was all just a really long whine.
____________________________
------------------
#7 Mar 21 2010 at 2:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,000 posts
sockpuppet wrote:
This company is ran by a bunch of incompetent idiots.


Irony ftl?
____________________________
#8 Mar 21 2010 at 2:36 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,226 posts
Quote:
So

Stopped reading there.

OP needs a better hook.
____________________________
w(°o°)w
#9 Mar 21 2010 at 2:58 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,523 posts
Quote:
5. Who ever is in charge of advertising SE's games needs to get the chair. What kind of idiot thinks it is a smart marketing strategy to give us a sentence worth or information every 4 months? They could double their profits by actually advertising their products. Clearly they want more fans, considering they stated they tried to westernize FFXIII, but clearly the art of advertising is foreign to them, like every other @#%^ing element of the gaming industry


This week I saw a commercial on tv about FFXIII. I was stunned like a deer in headlights. I have N E V E R seen any adds here in Europe about any Final Fantasy related stuff.
____________________________
____(>°°)D_->__(O°°)>-_<(;,,;)>_C-(°°Q)__O~~_t(°°<)_(;o0)___<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_<(;,,;)>_____

#10 Mar 21 2010 at 3:06 AM Rating: Good
RedGalka wrote:
Quote:
5. Who ever is in charge of advertising SE's games needs to get the chair. What kind of idiot thinks it is a smart marketing strategy to give us a sentence worth or information every 4 months? They could double their profits by actually advertising their products. Clearly they want more fans, considering they stated they tried to westernize FFXIII, but clearly the art of advertising is foreign to them, like every other @#%^ing element of the gaming industry


This week I saw a commercial on tv about FFXIII. I was stunned like a deer in headlights. I have N E V E R seen any adds here in Europe about any Final Fantasy related stuff.


It's rare even in the states, lol. I do remember ads for 3(6) back in what, 94? They were actually pretty good, lol...
#11 Mar 21 2010 at 4:51 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,087 posts
Redgalka wrote:
This week I saw a commercial on tv about FFXIII. I was stunned like a deer in headlights. I have N E V E R seen any adds here in Europe about any Final Fantasy related stuff.


HD Commercial

This is the only one I've seen so far. To me this is just a shallow attempt by Microsoft to sponge off the inevitable popularity of a final fantasy title. Not an advertisement from square. Although judging by the mixed reviews FFXIII has received, maybe they should be advertising.
#13 Mar 21 2010 at 6:38 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,416 posts
It's a frocobo, duh.
____________________________
SE:
Quote:
We really want to compete against World of Warcraft and for example the new Star Wars MMO.

#14 Mar 21 2010 at 6:41 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
253 posts
It's a franchise and the game hasn't even started alpha yet. So what's with all your whining? If you don't like the their game universe, there are plenty of alternative games to tick away your time.
____________________________
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
We are the BLU. Lower your shields and power down your weapons. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile
#15 Mar 21 2010 at 8:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
164 posts
Quote:
My buddy told me that White Knight was better than FFXIII. I've been playing White Knight recently and it is pretty good. Haven't played 13 yet but he said that it is way to linear and the the black man has a chocobo living in his fro. A chocobo living in the fro of a black man... How big us this dude?? Because I know that chocobo are supposed to be Emu sized birds. SO how does one have a chocobo living in his fro?


lol, its a baby chocobo, it fit's in his hand. Hah I couldn't imagine a full sized chocobo in someones hair. That's funny.

Whats up with all these I hate SE posts appearing more recently >.>. Who knows why SE advertises and releases info the way they do. I remember the marketing for Warhammer Online. It sounded amazing. Everything was so hyped up, the developers put out so many podcasts and such and you could tell by the excitement in their voices that Warhammer Online was going to be good. Theres so much excitement built up and then you find out the game doesn't live up to that hype and you feel let down and unmotivated to continue farther. Maybe this stealthy route that SE is taking will be better. I've been waiting years for FFXIV hopping from MMO to MMO, and I'm ready to make FFXIV my home no matter what.

Sorry for my rant... I need breakfast.
____________________________
Serge Luminaire of Mysidia
Member of Blades of Valor
~ A FFXI/FFXIV Linkshell Community
_________________________________________
Retired from FFXI - EliteSerge of Valefor
Mains: 75 WHM, 75 PLD, 72 NIN, 72 THF
#16 Mar 21 2010 at 8:18 AM Rating: Decent
White knight is good... untill you find the game ends before anything really begins, if i had to choose between the two ffxiii would win everytime. Main reason being is that your getting a full game/story and not about a 3rd of one. The online play of white knight is ok too but theres only so much you can do before the constant monster fighting quests and guid rank grind gets old.
____________________________
75 WHM/BLM/PUP/BRD/MNK
Clothcraft 86 Cooking 60 Rank 10
http://www.themuteki.com
#17 Mar 21 2010 at 8:27 AM Rating: Good
******
48,703 posts
Pinkcheesepuffdaddy wrote:
1. How many @#%^ing times has their information been misleading simply do to "translation difficulties".
Teehee.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#18 Mar 21 2010 at 8:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
295 posts
They are releasing information about the theory of their game mechanics, not a comprehensive guide as to how things will work. When they figure that part out, they will likely tell you.

They aren't NOT releasing information, they simply don't have information to release or, possibly, the game has not been finalized in any way shape or form.

Theory and practice are very different. SE appreciates this, all the more so after ffxi.
#19 Mar 21 2010 at 9:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
ShaunessyofHades wrote:
Haven't played 13 yet but he said that it is way to linear and the the black man has a chocobo living in his fro. A chocobo living in the fro of a black man... How big us this dude?? Because I know that chocobo are supposed to be Emu sized birds. SO how does one have a chocobo living in his fro?

Perhaps it's a Fro of Holding.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#20 Mar 21 2010 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
**
346 posts
Quote:
Maybe this stealthy route that SE is taking will be better. I've been waiting years for FFXIV hopping from MMO to MMO, and I'm ready to make FFXIV my home no matter what.


^This^

The stealth mode also allows their game to stay fresh for longer. If they pre-release all the info then you've seen almost everything before release and when you encounter something there's that "Seen it" aspect, whereas if they tell you virtually nothing then all we have is speculation and will be at least a little surprised by everything, and surprise is part of exploration, which takes time, which means more months on game, which means more money for the company.

Rather than come out and tell us all we ever wanted to know before even dropping coin for the game, they've been very tight lipped and let us hype ourselves up to the point we'll buy the game not because we are expecting it to be the most awesome game ever made(we hope), but because we want to know what the **** is going on in there, lol.

And yes, most of the OP's statement have a hint of Troll Dung wafting off off them. SOrry guy, ya just came off, well, ******** Enjoy your stay in angry town, I've heard the undercooked shrimp is to die for, give it a try.(There's some troll bait, have fun.)
____________________________
Yes,
I am Going to ****.
I'm cool with it.
All my friends will be there.
#21 Mar 21 2010 at 11:01 AM Rating: Decent
7 posts
I actually kinda agree with #3, SE should really start thinking more about gameplay than graphics. I see many ppl hyping FFXIVs graphics, but imo graphics are the last thing which makes MMORPG good, thats why i dont give a **** what kind of graphics FFXIV will have. I'd rather play a MMORPG with great gameplay and decent graphics, than a mmorpg with awesome graphics but decent gameplay... But who says FFXIV wont have both, that would ofc be the best :).
#22 Mar 21 2010 at 4:24 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
204 posts
Eh, cosmetics play a big part. Take WoW for instance

WoW's graphics are fairly...well...casual, WoW's gameplay is equally...casual (Euphemisms abound)

Graphics don't necessarily make the game, but they definitely contribute in breaking it. A great game can pass with meh graphics, i.e. white knight chronicles. But a mediocre game will only suffer more from its ugly exterior.

Edited for grammer

Edited, Mar 21st 2010 6:26pm by aurormnk
#23 Mar 21 2010 at 4:53 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
398 posts
While I do agree that the people in charge of SE seem a bit on the dingy side, the Devs have expiriance. There are always points in game development where information let out might have to be changed due to needed system revamping, what they had envisioned simply won't work out quite how they wanted.

To me it sounds like alot of complaining becuase SE is not makeing the game some people expected, instead they are makeing the game they want to.
I'll end my counter rant before I have the urge to get realy insultive hehe.
#24 Mar 21 2010 at 5:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
204 posts
^ but it would make for an interesting read
#25 Mar 21 2010 at 6:58 PM Rating: Default
*
95 posts
this guy is obviously uneducated and ignorant.
____________________________
Sin(SWTOR): 50 Jedi Sentinel

Krystalin(FFXI) :(retired) 85BRD/85BLM/85WAR/85BLU/85SAM/85DRG/85PLD/85RDM/85THF/85DRK/75BST/75PUP/75COR/75MNK/75NIN/75RNG

Vikzul(WoW):(retired) 80 rogue

Clytie(WoW):(retired) 80 pld
#26 Mar 21 2010 at 7:35 PM Rating: Decent
44 posts
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe this stealthy route that SE is taking will be better. I've been waiting years for FFXIV hopping from MMO to MMO, and I'm ready to make FFXIV my home no matter what.


^This^

The stealth mode also allows their game to stay fresh for longer. If they pre-release all the info then you've seen almost everything before release and when you encounter something there's that "Seen it" aspect, whereas if they tell you virtually nothing then all we have is speculation and will be at least a little surprised by everything, and surprise is part of exploration, which takes time, which means more months on game, which means more money for the company.

Rather than come out and tell us all we ever wanted to know before even dropping coin for the game, they've been very tight lipped and let us hype ourselves up to the point we'll buy the game not because we are expecting it to be the most awesome game ever made(we hope), but because we want to know what the **** is going on in there, lol.


I somewhat agree with this but, I'd have to say that keeping it stealthy in a way does exactly this...makes you angry and lowers your expectations possibly, so that when it comes out your not disappointed if your already at the lowest point. it can only get better from there.

#27 Mar 21 2010 at 8:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
398 posts
Quote:
I somewhat agree with this but, I'd have to say that keeping it stealthy in a way does exactly this...makes you angry and lowers your expectations possibly, so that when it comes out your not disappointed if your already at the lowest point. it can only get better from there.


Or you just need to calm down, if it's making you angry you need to go do something else for a while...
#28 Mar 23 2010 at 4:25 PM Rating: Excellent
*
108 posts
I think it's not so much we get actually angry, more that we slip deeper and deeper into apathy the longer they remain silent. We don't want to stop caring, so we get annoyed that they won't keep us hooked with more info. Being the diehard fans who will buy the game on day one and feed them $15 a month for the next 8 years, we feel entitled to more information whether we actually are entitled or not.
#29 Mar 23 2010 at 4:56 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
743 posts
ShaunessyofHades wrote:
My buddy told me that White Knight was better than FFXIII. I've been playing White Knight recently and it is pretty good. Haven't played 13 yet but he said that it is way to linear and the the black man has a chocobo living in his fro. A chocobo living in the fro of a black man... How big us this dude?? Because I know that chocobo are supposed to be Emu sized birds. SO how does one have a chocobo living in his fro?


Don't dis da Chocobro!
____________________________
I think you've been smoking the Moko...
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1628942/
http://www.nerdist.com/
Angus of Cerberus (retired)
#30 Mar 23 2010 at 6:38 PM Rating: Default
**
555 posts
What's sad is that the Pipe isn't even at fault for his crying.

Edit: Oh, btw, it seems as though SE's Marketing strategy this time around worked in their favor, considering FFXIII has sold the fastest amount of copies out of the whole series.


Bah, but they're just stupid. What if FFXIII is a clue in itself? I've been thinking about it lately....

Edited, Mar 23rd 2010 8:41pm by Skeptic
____________________________
Retired 75PLD
Hades Server
Obsidian Linkshell

WoW Fails.


#32 Mar 23 2010 at 8:06 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
DEW EET
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#33 Mar 23 2010 at 8:09 PM Rating: Excellent
******
48,703 posts
Name and shame!

Smiley: popcorn
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#34 Mar 23 2010 at 9:01 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,159 posts
Angstycoder wrote:
I'm really tempted to adjust the karma of the user's other account to reflect what happened here. Guess I'll be nice for now.


A good compromise would be to simply name the other account so we can do it ourselves.
#35Lovestospoon, Posted: Mar 23 2010 at 10:45 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) agreed with SE retarded. New MMO, shoulda just called this FFXI next expansion
#36 Mar 24 2010 at 12:26 AM Rating: Decent
**
555 posts
Quote:
agreed with SE retarded. New MMO, shoulda just called this FFXI next expansion



This is a "Troll Free Zone".

Didn't you make a Thread crying about this already?
____________________________
Retired 75PLD
Hades Server
Obsidian Linkshell

WoW Fails.


#37 Mar 24 2010 at 12:54 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Funny how he replies to this but not the thread he started.

Back on topic, I don't think we can blame SE for the slow production of games seeing how modern day games becomes so much more complex due to consumer desiring for games with previously-unheard-of features which in turn results in more difficult programming, lets not forget about graphic quality which the games in the FF series often boasts about. I would very much rather wait 2-3 years for a decent game than a 6month - 1 year project of 99% of mmorpgs out there.
#38 Mar 24 2010 at 2:16 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,084 posts
FFS, who keeps uprating this thread.

Quote:
I'm really tempted to adjust the karma of the user's other account to reflect what happened here. Guess I'll be nice for now.


All we need is a name!




Edited, Mar 24th 2010 1:22am by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#39 Mar 24 2010 at 9:40 AM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
If you think XIV has the same art style as XI...I just dont know what to say. The only thing similar to XI are the known character races. Thats it.

Well maybe a few monster types, but it's a Final Fantasy game.
____________________________
#40 Mar 24 2010 at 11:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
295 posts
How do you know the game will be similar?

Fail troll is fail.
#42 Mar 25 2010 at 4:05 PM Rating: Decent
Prettier Than You
*****
12,966 posts
I uprated it, because I happen to agree with some of the points made. Most of them, in fact.

However, I'm not going to blow the game off until I've tried it, because I believe in at least giving it a fair shot.
____________________________
Did you lose faith?
Yes, I lost faith in the powers that be.
But in doing so I came across the will to disagree.
And I gave up. Yes, I gave up, and then I gave in.
But I take responsibility for every single sin. ♪ ♫


Thank god I stopped playing MMOs.
#43 Mar 25 2010 at 4:36 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,084 posts
I guess if you want to agree with most of an irrational ******** it's your business.

Any points even close to meriting consideration that he made were negated by the amount of sh*t spewed, so I'm not really sure why it deserves a rateup. It didn't really invite discussion and it wasn't a good post.

In response to the OP:

1. They never said the beta would start on 11th, only that the beta user website would go up. Readying a beta or even an alpha client isn't exactly easy, and any translator can tell you that personal interpretation plays a part in any sort of localization, and no amount of ignorant ******** is going to change that. A game in its Alpha stages doesn't owe you anything, so forgive me if I think your inflated sense of entitlement is a little lolsy.

2. I dislike the surnames as well, the rest of the point is bawwing for a reason I honestly can't even grasp. Rivershire or Portsland? Really? Yeah, those Tolkien rejects are much more interesting.

3.
Quote:
FFXIII was in the making for 6 god **** years, and they still managed to ***** it up. It is by no means a bad game, but who the **** is going to jump on board for a 2 hour basic battle tutorial, and a lack of cities and sidequests?


It was actually an attempt to appeal to more casuals, as well as the more streamlined battle mechanics. And it worked, XIII is selling.

I don't like it either, but they aren't dumb or ignorant when making these decisions. These kinds of big decisions at big companies like SE are reviewed again and again and again. You may have heard that there was enough content cut from XIII to fill an entire other game. One can only assume it was the sidequests and cities.

4. ********* ********* ********* Did it ever occur to you that the mechanics you mentioned are completely unnecessary? I'd much rather have a unique sort of Zelda-style climbing and jumping than trying to emulate the WoW style of jumping, which would look completely retarded with XIV's visual aesthetic.


5. Agreed, the gaming industry has much to learn with advertising. But in regards to XIV, the game isn't out for another year. I fail to see how one could fail to understand that trying to market a game that hasn't even been finalized yet isn't really smart on the advertising front. Why risk marketing features that might not even make it to the final product?

Christ. If it were as easy to develop these games as you pretend it is, then I would have seen you speaking at GDC last week instead of seeing you post behind a sock puppet on an online forum.

tl;dr 10/10, would be trolled again.


Edited, Mar 25th 2010 4:34pm by Kirbster
____________________________
What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?
#44 Mar 25 2010 at 5:47 PM Rating: Good
*
223 posts
Zackary wrote:
I uprated it, because I happen to agree with some of the points made. Most of them, in fact.


Maybe some of the points would have been considered even slightly valid by some people on this board, but the fact the OP used a sock puppet to make their "argument" proves that they knew they were being a complete douche by posting it in the first place, therefore negating any credibility the argument could have had. Should it be taken seriously? No. Did I get a laugh out of this thread? Yes.
#45 Mar 25 2010 at 10:25 PM Rating: Decent
Prettier Than You
*****
12,966 posts
Bluefirefly wrote:
Zackary wrote:
I uprated it, because I happen to agree with some of the points made. Most of them, in fact.


Maybe some of the points would have been considered even slightly valid by some people on this board, but the fact the OP used a sock puppet to make their "argument" proves that they knew they were being a complete douche by posting it in the first place, therefore negating any credibility the argument could have had. Should it be taken seriously? No. Did I get a laugh out of this thread? Yes.
Being a snobbish prick doesn't make your points any more or less valid. I don't know why you think that because of the way he phrased them, the messages are somehow cheapened.

But if you say so, I guess.
____________________________
Did you lose faith?
Yes, I lost faith in the powers that be.
But in doing so I came across the will to disagree.
And I gave up. Yes, I gave up, and then I gave in.
But I take responsibility for every single sin. ♪ ♫


Thank god I stopped playing MMOs.
#46 Mar 25 2010 at 10:39 PM Rating: Decent
**
555 posts
To answer the Title of this thread..No. SE is not retarded. This Thread is.
____________________________
Retired 75PLD
Hades Server
Obsidian Linkshell

WoW Fails.


#47 Mar 25 2010 at 11:26 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
295 posts
There are two ways to tell someone no.

You can say no.

Or you can say

FFS no you effing ******.

The OP did the latter, which sorta is not very nice.

This board also seems to appreciate grammar over rage.
#48 Mar 26 2010 at 12:26 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,495 posts
Zackary wrote:
I uprated it, because I happen to agree with some of the points made. Most of them, in fact.

However, I'm not going to blow the game off until I've tried it, because I believe in at least giving it a fair shot.


Agree with them all you want, it doesn't make them right. The only complaints that have any ground are those based purely on opinion, and that's only because a personal opinion can't really be wrong. The rest of it is pure crap.

1. Translators are more appropriately referred to as interpreters, or someone who interprets something. I suggest you look up the meaning. While you're at it, be sure to let us know how many of those screwed up translations have an exact Japanese-to-English translation.

2. So you don't like the names but you think Tolken style names would be more fitting? And somehow this makes the company inept? Ok, you don't like surnames, we get it. What about those who do? Guess what, this game isn't designed to cater to your personal likes or dislikes. You don't like it, don't play. This over-inflated sense of entitlement seems to come from the ignorant, uneducated crowd, which removes even more credence from your personal opinion.

3. WoW is the most successful game around for a reason. Not because it's good, but because it caters to the casual player and it's pretty. Two areas the majority of the gaming market is pushing for. Personally I don't like it. However, a company following market trends does not make them morons, it's actually the contrary. A company going against the grain into an area that has been done and is dieing is what makes them morons.

Like it or not, WoW is the most successful MMO around. Not only has it boasted subscription numbers that no other MMO has even come near, it has brought MMOs, and gaming in general, into the mainstream.

4. Most people with even an ounce of common sense would understand that a game bragging about being different than its predecessor while carrying the same franchise name isn't talking about story/landscape.

Ok, so you assume you'll be able to run/jump/swim and you can't. Somehow your false assumption is SE's fault?

How, exactly, does the party size determine difficulty?

No levels is something a lot of people, including myself, have been pushing for for a long time. Why should my weapon skills go up every time I level if all I am doing is casting? How does that make sense? It's called skill-based leveling.

5. Unless you have a degree in marketing and 10+ years worth of hands-on market research experience, your opinion here means absolutely ****. Too much information too fast and too early leads to an abundance of hype that can kill a game long before it ever makes it to the market. Also, with the way the vast majority of people only want the "New", pushing advertising a year ahead of time will cause most people to have lost interest long before the game is actually released.


You don't have to give the name of the main account, just transfer the ratings over. Most of us will be happy with that.
#49 Mar 26 2010 at 2:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Zackary wrote:
Bluefirefly wrote:
Zackary wrote:
I uprated it, because I happen to agree with some of the points made. Most of them, in fact.


Maybe some of the points would have been considered even slightly valid by some people on this board, but the fact the OP used a sock puppet to make their "argument" proves that they knew they were being a complete douche by posting it in the first place, therefore negating any credibility the argument could have had. Should it be taken seriously? No. Did I get a laugh out of this thread? Yes.
Being a snobbish prick doesn't make your points any more or less valid. I don't know why you think that because of the way he phrased them, the messages are somehow cheapened.

But if you say so, I guess.


No, Blue is right on that one. Posting under a sockpuppet account shows that someone doesn't even have the balls to take ownership of their own beliefs, which is just pathetic.

And as I said in my 1st reply, I see some substance in his post. But on top of the whole sockpuppet thing, the way he comes off and tries to make is argument is just ridiculous. Nobody should be expected to be taken seriously coming off like that.

Edited, Mar 26th 2010 1:10am by Osarion
#50 Mar 26 2010 at 2:51 AM Rating: Good
38 posts
I just can't believe someone can get so fired up about an unreleased game that they feel the need to rant. If you don't like the game or how they run it or develop it then don't buy it, pretty simple. It's not like SE is going to pay attention to random threads on random fan sites unless its a problem with a large majority of consumers.
#51 Mar 26 2010 at 5:33 AM Rating: Decent
Prettier Than You
*****
12,966 posts
Raolan wrote:
4. Most people with even an ounce of common sense would understand that a game bragging about being different than its predecessor while carrying the same franchise name isn't talking about story/landscape.

Ok, so you assume you'll be able to run/jump/swim and you can't. Somehow your false assumption is SE's fault?

How, exactly, does the party size determine difficulty?

No levels is something a lot of people, including myself, have been pushing for for a long time. Why should my weapon skills go up every time I level if all I am doing is casting? How does that make sense? It's called skill-based leveling.
If it were just that, I don't think I'd have a problem. So far, it looks like a carbon copy of XI, which is neither new nor innovative. Just because you call grass pavement doesn't actually make it so.
____________________________
Did you lose faith?
Yes, I lost faith in the powers that be.
But in doing so I came across the will to disagree.
And I gave up. Yes, I gave up, and then I gave in.
But I take responsibility for every single sin. ♪ ♫


Thank god I stopped playing MMOs.
« Previous 1 2
This thread is locked
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)