Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

New Famitsu Info? Follow

#1 Apr 07 2010 at 2:23 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
209 posts
From FFXIVCore - http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/5024-famitsu-information-leak-for-april-22nd-issue/

This information has been leaked to the Internet from this week's issue of Famitsu. It's about alpha, apparently. Hope you enjoy it!

Done by SteveManly

Area changes between cities and the field are seemless
BGM flows naturally
Private instances will not be interrupted by things happening around you (chat, crowdedness)
The L3 button is the target lock
Everyone can use teleport from the beginning
Warp (like FFXI) sends you back to your home point, which is defaulted to the last Aetherite you used.
There are only male Highlanders.
You can only play as female Miqo’te, but males exist.
There is a difference in starting stats between tribes, but this can be overcome with character growth (?)
Gender has no effect on play
Roegadyn females exist (does not say they are playable)
The difference between tribes isn’t that big
The opening will be real time, not pre-rendered.
Flow of battle:
Select target with directional keys
Draw weapon with R1
Select commends with directional keys
Effect gauge charges

Alpha was made with casual gamers in mind, too, but it may still be difficult
Players will be able to reallocate stats in the final version
They want to make teleport and warp available for all classes, and make it low-cost.
After alpha comes beta 1, then beta 2. PS3 should be playable from beta 2.
Alpha and beta 1 will be mostly the same thing.
Parties cannot be formed unless the other members are close to you when inviting them.
There are five different ranks of guildleve difficulty.
After being defeated in battle, there is a five minute “weakened” state (It may be possible to be revived without a raise spell?)
There are things like attack magic which can be used without MP
Casting while moving is possible
There are MP restoring abilities
HP regenerates pretty quickly in passive mode

Edited, Apr 8th 2010 12:16am by mithrandrk
____________________________
"If it could go wrong, it happened in the Dunes." - Sephrick
#4 Apr 07 2010 at 2:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
If this is true, even the existence of nonplayable male Miqote and female Roegadyn speaks very highly to a possible future implementation.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#6 Apr 07 2010 at 2:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
64 posts
Quote:
If this is true, even the existence of nonplayable male Miqote and female Roegadyn speaks very highly to a possible future implementation.


The more I read, the more Im looking foward to the game.
____________________________
Quote:
To paraphrase a friend of mine, I want to be able to tie two Lalafell Pugilists together and use them as monkchuks.
#7 Apr 07 2010 at 3:12 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
214 posts
Why do people even want male mi'qote the male mithra in WotG looked more effiminate than the females.

And I don't even want to imagine what a female Roegadyn is guna look like :S

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:13am by Diakar
____________________________

#8 Apr 07 2010 at 3:24 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
Diakar wrote:
Why do people even want male mi'qote the male mithra in WotG looked more effiminate than the females.

And I don't even want to imagine what a female Roegadyn is guna look like :S

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:13am by Diakar


I'm going to start counting all the DERP HERP morons on FFXIV sites who are too used to modern video games and crap like WoW to comprehend that SOME PEOPLE might actually want to look a little more agile and not as bulky as traditional MMORPG males. BUT OMG, WHY WUD U WANT DAT? LEIK U SHUD HAVE MUSCLEZ!1

Before it turns into a flame fest all I'll say is that guess what, some people like looking differently, in contrast, without going too far overboard. Some people just have different styles from what the "Norm" might be.

Cannot believe how many people on the internet are too immature to understand such things.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 2:25am by EndlessJourney
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#9 Apr 07 2010 at 3:28 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
155 posts
EndlessJourney wrote:
Diakar wrote:
Why do people even want male mi'qote the male mithra in WotG looked more effiminate than the females.

And I don't even want to imagine what a female Roegadyn is guna look like :S

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:13am by Diakar


I'm going to start counting all the DERP HERP morons on FFXIV sites who are too used to modern video games and crap like WoW to comprehend that SOME PEOPLE might actually want to look a little more agile and not as bulky as traditional MMORPG males. BUT OMG, WHY WUD U WANT DAT? LEIK U SHUD HAVE MUSCLEZ!1

Before it turns into a flame fest all I'll say is that guess what, some people like looking differently, in contrast, without going too far overboard. Some people just have different styles from what the "Norm" might be.

Cannot believe how many people on the internet are too immature to understand such things.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 2:25am by EndlessJourney


Hey, maybe in the customization menu we'll have a slider for body type?
Maybe we can be a slender Reogaydn or a big Mique'to?
=P

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:29am by Faaeng
____________________________
*Thievery* is not a job, but a lifestyle.
Now, let us show you how we live.
#10 Apr 07 2010 at 3:49 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
214 posts
It's not about looking muscular or whatever, I just thought the point of playing a male class is to look male, of course its all kind of moot until we know what Yoshida's idea of a male Mi'qote is, could be totally different looking than the male Mithra.

Quote:
Cannot believe how many people on the internet are too immature to understand such things.


Are you serious ? you're the one name calling.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:50am by Diakar
____________________________

#11 Apr 07 2010 at 4:04 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
Diakar wrote:
It's not about looking muscular or whatever, I just thought the point of playing a male class is to look male, of course its all kind of moot until we know what Yoshida's idea of a male Mi'qote is, could be totally different looking than the male Mithra.

Quote:
Cannot believe how many people on the internet are too immature to understand such things.


Are you serious ? you're the one name calling.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:50am by Diakar


Fact stating =/= Name calling, sorry.

Anyhow, you say it's not about looking muscular but looking "Male". What defines "Looking Male"? The NPC in WOTG looks plenty male. He just looks smaller and more feminine than "most" males. Why is this wrong? Why do some people say "Don't worry, they could be designed muscular". Don't people get it? Mithra/Miqo'Te are a smaller more agile race, that's WHY guys want a male version. Some Guys actually want to look different and not completely stereo typically perfect.

In fact that's what I hate about most MMORPG characters. They are too "perfect" looking and don't have enough characteristics. I don't think they should look huge and fat or completely miss shaped but I DO think people should have a few more options in contrast.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#12 Apr 07 2010 at 4:13 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
Faaeng wrote:
EndlessJourney wrote:
Diakar wrote:
Why do people even want male mi'qote the male mithra in WotG looked more effiminate than the females.

And I don't even want to imagine what a female Roegadyn is guna look like :S

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:13am by Diakar


I'm going to start counting all the DERP HERP morons on FFXIV sites who are too used to modern video games and crap like WoW to comprehend that SOME PEOPLE might actually want to look a little more agile and not as bulky as traditional MMORPG males. BUT OMG, WHY WUD U WANT DAT? LEIK U SHUD HAVE MUSCLEZ!1

Before it turns into a flame fest all I'll say is that guess what, some people like looking differently, in contrast, without going too far overboard. Some people just have different styles from what the "Norm" might be.

Cannot believe how many people on the internet are too immature to understand such things.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 2:25am by EndlessJourney


Hey, maybe in the customization menu we'll have a slider for body type?
Maybe we can be a slender Reogaydn or a big Mique'to?
=P

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:29am by Faaeng


You know what? That would make me quite happy as well. I still want to see Male Miqo'Te though. But yes, more variety is welcome and much needed.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#14 Apr 07 2010 at 5:05 AM Rating: Good
**
863 posts
Agreed, I can't really see SE's logic behind the decision to do it this way either (Although maybe it is just something they decided was best for Alpha or something). It doesn't feel like it adds anything but annoyance, like what are the perks they see with a system like this that made them think it was the superior choise?

Aside from that, it all sounds really cool. I guess the male/female "mithra/galka" is a bit dissapointing. Still, it was kind of expected, and if nothing else the mere fact that they are present in the game might suggest there is more to come on that front later in the development/testing phases.

The info is really starting to pick up now. Hope they keep it coming!
#15 Apr 07 2010 at 5:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
155 posts
EndlessJourney wrote:
Diakar wrote:
It's not about looking muscular or whatever, I just thought the point of playing a male class is to look male, of course its all kind of moot until we know what Yoshida's idea of a male Mi'qote is, could be totally different looking than the male Mithra.

Quote:
Cannot believe how many people on the internet are too immature to understand such things.


Are you serious ? you're the one name calling.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:50am by Diakar


Fact stating =/= Name calling, sorry.

Anyhow, you say it's not about looking muscular but looking "Male". What defines "Looking Male"? The NPC in WOTG looks plenty male. He just looks smaller and more feminine than "most" males. Why is this wrong? Why do some people say "Don't worry, they could be designed muscular". Don't people get it? Mithra/Miqo'Te are a smaller more agile race, that's WHY guys want a male version. Some Guys actually want to look different and not completely stereo typically perfect.

In fact that's what I hate about most MMORPG characters. They are too "perfect" looking and don't have enough characteristics. I don't think they should look huge and fat or completely miss shaped but I DO think people should have a few more options in contrast.

For starters, not having *******......
Man boobs..... XD
=))
ehh, I wanted male Miquo'te aswell. I dont like the oversized muscular male sterotype which is why I would never personally play as a Galka/Reogaydn

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 7:18am by Faaeng
____________________________
*Thievery* is not a job, but a lifestyle.
Now, let us show you how we live.
#16 Apr 07 2010 at 5:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
64 posts
This thread is now about Endless' lust for the Male Miqo.....

Did I say
Quote:
lust
? I ment desire.....

No hate brother.
____________________________
Quote:
To paraphrase a friend of mine, I want to be able to tie two Lalafell Pugilists together and use them as monkchuks.
#17 Apr 07 2010 at 6:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
If this is true, even the existence of nonplayable male Miqote and female Roegadyn speaks very highly to a possible future implementation.


Adding to that, GameInformer says that the playable races and clans in the alpha/beta are < what will be in the final release. Granted, that currently means little without knowing what races and clans will be playable in the alpha/beta, but it might not be unreasonable to expect that all of the announced ones will be available. Then, I guess it's not unreasonable to expect that they won't, either.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#18 Apr 07 2010 at 6:32 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
Faaeng wrote:
For starters, not having *******......
Man boobs..... XD
=))
ehh, I wanted male Miquo'te aswell. I dont like the oversized muscular male sterotype which is why I would never personally play as a Galka/Reogaydn

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 7:18am by Faaeng


Well of course. They need to resemble a "Man" but lots of men are smaller and more agile and have more feminine qualities. Also, Man Boobs? Have you ever seen a Galka who doesn't do his bench presses every day? That sir, is where you will see your moobs. Glorious Glorious Galka Moobs.

Quote:
This thread is now about Endless' lust for the Male Miqo.....

Did I say

lust

? I ment desire.....

No hate brother.


I'd like to call it an obsession. But yes, you're right. Although I hope this thread doesn't become Male Miqo'Te debate #9001. I'm getting tired of arguing it over and over and over. I should start macro'ing responses to them though, because the same stupidity and intelligence seems to show up every time, over and over again, in every thread like that.

Quote:
Adding to that, GameInformer says that the playable races and clans in the alpha/beta are < what will be in the final release. Granted, that currently means little without knowing what races and clans will be playable in the alpha/beta, but it might not be unreasonable to expect that all of the announced ones will be available. Then, I guess it's not unreasonable to expect that they won't, either.


Really? Do you have a link to this? Not that I don't believe you. Sounds quite logical actually as I've suspected and said many times. They'll leave some things till the last moment so they can hype them up at the very end right before the game sells, so it influences people to buy it. If they announced such things right now it'd loose it's hype between now and release and by that, you lose money.

I still think Male Miqo'Te are a decent chance to be added by release, but if not perhaps some other kind of race of some sort, who knows? I don't think we'll know such things till right around the release date.

It's just such a huge demand, something people have wanted for so long. Not adding them, just, no matter how you look at it, makes sense. That is of course assuming one can see the entire spectrum of the issue which most can't.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#19 Apr 07 2010 at 7:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
Really? Do you have a link to this?


Actually, I might have mixed up my sources. I think it was on ffxivonline.com. Game Informer had some of the same info, but less, I think.

I make no claims to the veracity of the information.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#20 Apr 07 2010 at 7:18 AM Rating: Decent
**
555 posts
If you farm else where, you can find A LOT of good FFXIV info at this point. Of course, it breaks the NDA, so the risk to take is on you friends. But trust me..there's lots of crazy new info straight from the horse's mouth.

____________________________
Retired 75PLD
Hades Server
Obsidian Linkshell

WoW Fails.


#21 Apr 07 2010 at 7:29 AM Rating: Decent
*
140 posts
Its only alpha info that's being talked about people. Can play only/as female Miqo’te, but males Miqo’te exist. Meaning retail version you will be able to play as them! Read and comprehend what the topic is about first before getting mad at SE.
____________________________
Shaman/Asura (Retired)
75-SAM 40-WAR
37-DRG 31-BLU
30-PLD 18-NIN
37-DNC 15-THF
37-RNG 20-BST
10-WHT



#22 Apr 07 2010 at 7:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
656 posts
Diakar wrote:
Why do people even want male mi'qote the male mithra in WotG looked more effiminate than the females.

And I don't even want to imagine what a female Roegadyn is guna look like :S

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 5:13am by Diakar


picture of Male Mithra please
i didnt stay till I saw male mithra in FFXI



im glad this info is back, i search the forum for 30mins, clicking on each thread to find this info, i was like "wait a min, i think i saw the new alpha info but how come it's not there now"
____________________________
モスタル


#24 Apr 07 2010 at 7:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Those cites will definitely report leaked info that probably comes from people breaking the NDA. I'm not sure how they differ from other sources of leaks like Dengeki/Famitsu, but I'm going to avoid any brazen sharing of privileged information anyway. Though technically the NDA doesn't apply to me, or as I understand it, those sources. Either way, linking the sites is apparently a bannable offense, so just google it? It's very easy to find if you want it.

I don't see how they'll effectively enforce this in the long run though, as the leaks are already at the stage where it's difficult to discern where the source of the information originates. You could quite easily talk about NDA-protected information and not even know it already, just after hearing it from a friend or other third party.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 7:12am by Kachi
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#25 Apr 07 2010 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
**
493 posts
Diakar wrote:
picture of Male Mithra please
i didnt stay till I saw male mithra in FFXI


Easy to find links were easy to find.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Yep. Every netbook with an atom processor nowadays plays WoW.
****, I am sure with some tweaking it would run on an iphone.
Or even on the LCD display of my microwave.
#26 Apr 07 2010 at 8:46 AM Rating: Decent
*
163 posts
Its alpha and its unsubstantiated I have been on the famitsu site and I can't find this, not to say its not in the latest paper magazine, but I have seen no scans or reliable translations either.
#27 Apr 07 2010 at 9:02 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
NumptyHunter wrote:
Its alpha and its unsubstantiated I have been on the famitsu site and I can't find this, not to say its not in the latest paper magazine, but I have seen no scans or reliable translations either.


Funny thing is whenever there's leaked info scans usually follow then the publication.
____________________________

#28 Apr 07 2010 at 9:08 AM Rating: Decent
EndlessJourney wrote:
Fact stating =/= Name calling, sorry.



"DERP HERP morons" would be what, exactly?

You're the one freaking out over it. Maybe you would want to take a step back and think before you start defending your idiocy as anything other than idiocy.
#29 Apr 07 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Decent
**
423 posts
with no more loads i wonder if you could train the entire world... image it now 150+ enemies from 6+ zones chasing you relentlessly, awesome...

But in all seriousness that is exciting. Load zones are a thing of the past i'm very glad they got through that.

I hope i can macro a battle sequence. Going to become very tiring to have to hit all those buttons just to ready up for battle... ugh

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 9:12am by boriss
#30 Apr 07 2010 at 9:10 AM Rating: Decent
Rustyshield wrote:
Its only alpha info that's being talked about people. Can play only/as female Miqo’te, but males Miqo’te exist. Meaning retail version you will be able to play as them! Read and comprehend what the topic is about first before getting mad at SE.


Ummm...no. It doesn't say that. You're making an inference. And your inference is based on a condition...namely, that there's something SE isn't telling us. It's like saying you can play a bee in FFXI because bees exist. In the game =/= playable.
#31 Apr 07 2010 at 9:11 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
AureliusSir the Mundane wrote:
EndlessJourney wrote:
Fact stating =/= Name calling, sorry.



"DERP HERP morons" would be what, exactly?

You're the one freaking out over it. Maybe you would want to take a step back and think before you start defending your idiocy as anything other than idiocy.


That's actually true, he's the one going balls to walls insane over it when the ones hes basically calling morons aren't that passionate over 'lol no male miqo for u' as he is for wanting them.


____________________________

#32 Apr 07 2010 at 9:12 AM Rating: Decent
boriss wrote:
with no more loads i wonder if you could train then entire world... image it now 150+ enemies from 6+ zones chasing you relentlessly, awesome...


Extremely doubtful. Mobs will likely be on leashes. You think it would be awesome until you have to spend 20 minutes running from a mob that you were trying to get away from because they behave like FFXI mobs and don't give up chase.
#33 Apr 07 2010 at 9:13 AM Rating: Good
**
423 posts
Quote:
Extremely doubtful. Mobs will likely be on leashes. You think it would be awesome until you have to spend 20 minutes running from a mob that you were trying to get away from because they behave like FFXI mobs and don't give up chase.


i know... i was joking. Clearly went over your head.
#34 Apr 07 2010 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
*
163 posts
Hopefully someone will make some scans (a kind of proof) then as this is from the April 22nd edition which won't hit the shelves for over a week, and in the meantime its like a war in here lol!
For now it would be good if this thread was locked ( or better still deleted :P )its not being at all productive.
#35 Apr 07 2010 at 9:30 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
AureliusSir the Mundane wrote:
boriss wrote:
with no more loads i wonder if you could train then entire world... image it now 150+ enemies from 6+ zones chasing you relentlessly, awesome...


Extremely doubtful. Mobs will likely be on leashes. You think it would be awesome until you have to spend 20 minutes running from a mob that you were trying to get away from because they behave like FFXI mobs and don't give up chase.


It's also possible that it could work like it did in Vanguard, where the area still had to "load"; you just didn't see a loading screen. So as you crossed the border, you'd get a mini-freeze for a second, then all of the enemies/npcs in the new area would load en masse, and all the ones from the previous area would disappear. But who knows.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 11:31am by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#36 Apr 07 2010 at 9:30 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
AureliusSir the Mundane wrote:
EndlessJourney wrote:
Fact stating =/= Name calling, sorry.



"DERP HERP morons" would be what, exactly?

You're the one freaking out over it. Maybe you would want to take a step back and think before you start defending your idiocy as anything other than idiocy.


Can you find some one else to stalk? I know you have some kind of thing for following me around just to pick apart every post I make but I'm getting sick of your sh*t buddy.

Quote:
That's actually true, he's the one going balls to walls insane over it when the ones hes basically calling morons aren't that passionate over 'lol no male miqo for u' as he is for wanting them.


Perhaps I'm calling them morons for their context? Perhaps I'm calling them morons and immature because they can't understand simple human dynamics like "People are different" which you should learn by the time you're 5 unless you are mentally handicapped. People who can not come to terms that not everyone should look the same, or what they define as stereo typically acceptable is what I do think is immature and quite frankly, a moron. Has nothing to do with the actual Male Miqo'Te itself, it has to do with people's attitudes.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 8:31am by EndlessJourney
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#37 Apr 07 2010 at 9:35 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
6,470 posts
EndlessJourney wrote:
AureliusSir the Mundane wrote:
EndlessJourney wrote:
Fact stating =/= Name calling, sorry.



"DERP HERP morons" would be what, exactly?

You're the one freaking out over it. Maybe you would want to take a step back and think before you start defending your idiocy as anything other than idiocy.


Can you find some one else to stalk? I know you have some kind of thing for following me around just to pick apart every post I make but I'm getting sick of your sh*t buddy.

Quote:
That's actually true, he's the one going balls to walls insane over it when the ones hes basically calling morons aren't that passionate over 'lol no male miqo for u' as he is for wanting them.


Perhaps I'm calling them morons for their context? Perhaps I'm calling them morons and immature because they can't understand simple human dynamics like "People are different" which you should learn by the time you're 5 unless you are mentally handicapped. People who can not come to terms that not everyone should look the same, or what they define as stereo typically acceptable is what I do think is immature and quite frankly, a moron. Has nothing to do with the actual Male Miqo'Te itself, it has to do with people's attitudes.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 8:31am by EndlessJourney


You're definitely flying off the handle a bit, dude. Bad day at work?
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#38 Apr 07 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Decent
*
163 posts
Eske wrote:
AureliusSir the Mundane wrote:
boriss wrote:
with no more loads i wonder if you could train then entire world... image it now 150+ enemies from 6+ zones chasing you relentlessly, awesome...


Extremely doubtful. Mobs will likely be on leashes. You think it would be awesome until you have to spend 20 minutes running from a mob that you were trying to get away from because they behave like FFXI mobs and don't give up chase.


It's also possible that it could work like it did in Vanguard, where the area still had to "load"; you just didn't see a loading screen. So as you crossed the border, you'd get a mini-freeze for a second, then all of the enemies/npcs in the new area would load en masse, and all the ones from the previous area would disappear. But who knows.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 11:31am by Eske

Pretty sure you are correct as they already stated loading between areas will be similar to that of Oblivion, and that Oblivion was a game they looked closely at when developing ffxiv. Personaly I think there will be lots of Oblivion like things going on, just a hunch.
Oh and EndlessJourney please stop insulting people you are getting on my tits fella.
#39 Apr 07 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Decent
EndlessJourney wrote:
Can you find some one else to stalk? I know you have some kind of thing for following me around just to pick apart every post I make but I'm getting sick of your sh*t buddy.


If I was going to stalk someone, I'd stalk someone interesting. You really need to stop spouting off and flying off the handle at anyone/everyone who challenges your ideas, and you need to stop posting assumptions as fact. You have an alarming propensity to be...wrong. And you have an alarming propensity to post one thing in plain English for anyone to read and then two posts later deny having said it.

Just knock it off already.
#40 Apr 07 2010 at 9:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
EndlessJourney wrote:


Perhaps I'm calling them morons for their context? Perhaps I'm calling them morons and immature because they can't understand simple human dynamics like "People are different" which you should learn by the time you're 5 unless you are mentally handicapped. People who can not come to terms that not everyone should look the same, or what they define as stereo typically acceptable is what I do think is immature and quite frankly, a moron. Has nothing to do with the actual Male Miqo'Te itself, it has to do with people's attitudes.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 8:31am by EndlessJourney


So it's impossible to look different from someone else being locked into varying female appearances? There has to be male and female to look different?

You do know there will be many duplicates of males as there will be of female, right? I think this is the issue some may have with your obsession of it, you come off as if the only way to be unique is by having a male gender.

With how deep FFXIV's customization is turning out to be, it will be very hard to look the same which will happen through the law of probability anyway. The attitude on this subject goes both ways really. I bolded what I see what that person was referring to.

I haven't seen anyone call you a moron or immature or etc for your obsession over wanting to be a male miqote..but I have seen you in this thread alone call others morons quite a few times.
____________________________

#41 Apr 07 2010 at 9:41 AM Rating: Decent
NumptyHunter wrote:
Pretty sure you are correct as they already stated loading between areas will be similar to that of Oblivion, and that Oblivion was a game they looked closely at when developing ffxiv. Personaly I think there will be lots of Oblivion like things going on, just a hunch.


Ya, they announced in an interview some time ago that the world won't be fully seemless but the "zones" will be much larger. I forget the reference that they used but it was along the lines of "zones" being about the size of FFXI regions. (And by zones I'm referring to areas of geography divided by load screens, not necessarily areas that share similar visual themes.)
#42 Apr 07 2010 at 9:54 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
AureliusSir the Mundane wrote:
EndlessJourney wrote:
Can you find some one else to stalk? I know you have some kind of thing for following me around just to pick apart every post I make but I'm getting sick of your sh*t buddy.


If I was going to stalk someone, I'd stalk someone interesting. You really need to stop spouting off and flying off the handle at anyone/everyone who challenges your ideas, and you need to stop posting assumptions as fact. You have an alarming propensity to be...wrong. And you have an alarming propensity to post one thing in plain English for anyone to read and then two posts later deny having said it.

Just knock it off already.


Ahh right, because respecting that people should accept that others are different is a assumption right? It's just my ideas which tend to be... wrong? Right right. Also I don't remember denying anything. I stated that I wasn't name calling, but rather stating a blatant fact, so I admitted to it. Once again, you're trying to pick apart things that aren't there.

You are right though, I do fly off the handle at that kind of attitude, it has nothing to do with my ideas. People who are too closed minded to understand what I'm having to repeat so many times I'm blue in the face well, it is quite upsetting. Especially when they get backed up. For some issues, it might be within arguments sake, but when people don't understand such simple concepts like "It's okay for some people to be different" then yes, it upsets me.

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone call you a moron or immature or etc for your obsession over wanting to be a male miqote..but I have seen you in this thread alone call others morons quite a few times.


Once again, it has nothing to do with Male Miqo'Te. If some one personally hates the idea I could care less. It's people disrespecting others opinions and saying that something shouldn't come to pass because they deem what the proper aesthetic value of some one should be.

Also, as I'm saying above this, it's not so much how much customization you have, it's more a fact of how well one can express themselves in the way they so desire. I'm sure there will be "clones" and what not, that's too be expected, it's the principle of the matter.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#43 Apr 07 2010 at 10:01 AM Rating: Excellent
*
163 posts
EndlessJourney wrote:
Dear Square Enix: Male Miqo'Te. (Can I have it?)


All this time and you didn't think to put the word playable in there lmfao!?
#44 Apr 07 2010 at 10:04 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
NumptyHunter wrote:
EndlessJourney wrote:
Dear Square Enix: Male Miqo'Te. (Can I have it?)


All this time and you didn't think to put the word playable in there lmfao!?


Touche.
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#45 Apr 07 2010 at 10:08 AM Rating: Decent
EndlessJourney wrote:
Ahh right, because respecting that people should accept that others are different is a assumption right? It's just my ideas which tend to be... wrong? Right right. Also I don't remember denying anything. I stated that I wasn't name calling, but rather stating a blatant fact, so I admitted to it. Once again, you're trying to pick apart things that aren't there.


When you lace your "facts" with references to people being "DERP HERP morons" and are then stupid enough to go back a couple of posts later and say you weren't namecalling, you're a ******* ******.

And now you're probably going to cry about me being mean.

Smiley: cry

Quote:
You are right though, I do fly off the handle at that kind of attitude, it has nothing to do with my ideas. People who are too closed minded to understand what I'm having to repeat so many times I'm blue in the face well, it is quite upsetting. Especially when they get backed up. For some issues, it might be within arguments sake, but when people don't understand such simple concepts like "It's okay for some people to be different" then yes, it upsets me.


Hey...pssst...hey hey hey.

Maybe some people just don't give a **** about male Miqo'te and are put off by your rabid enthusiasm for it, how's that? What gives you the right to label them "DERP HERP moron[s]" because they don't share your enthusiasm? Especially when they post their thoughts on it that can largely be summed up as, "whatever" and you come back with your enthusiastic tirades like everyone should be balls deep in love with the idea of cat men. It's not that important. It's important to you, but here's the thing: your attitude combined with your shaky logic is positioning you very handily to be approximately...useless...to the community. You can **** and moan all day long about me being a meanie head and a rude guy and any other name you feel applies, but here's the rub...I'm not wrong nearly so much as you are. If I'm going to pick apart an idea I'm going to pick it apart because it's not workable, or it's shortsighted, not because I need to find some way to make people wrong for having challenged my opinion.

I've got a lot more MMO experience than you that gives me insight beyond psychofantic pipedreams. Oh, I'm wrong from time to time. No doubt about that, I don't say one thing in a thread and then turn around and deny having said it. How is "HERP DERP moron" to not be construed as namecalling? Yet you deny having done so. Dumb. Very dumb. It undermines your credibility as much if not more than posting inferences and assumptions as fact. You get yourself in over your head with your over-eagerness to state things how they will be based on your ill-formed assumptions and then spend all your time crying about it when you're called on it.

Sometimes, ya just gotta know when you're beat. Which in this case, you rammed your foot in your mouth with a profound amount of gusto and if I were you, I'd just stop and worry about getting that foot out of there instead of backpeddling and trying to make other people out to be something they're not.
#46 Apr 07 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
209 posts
Quote:
NumptyHunter wrote:
EndlessJourney wrote:
Dear Square Enix: Male Miqo'Te. (Can I have it?)


All this time and you didn't think to put the word playable in there lmfao!?


Touche.


lol people at SE are like "Ohhhhhh that's what they meant. Not happening."
____________________________
"If it could go wrong, it happened in the Dunes." - Sephrick
#47 Apr 07 2010 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
12,703 posts
If it's the principle of the matter that's the issue here and not the male miqotes not being playable, there's male and female hyur/lala/elezen and male only roe. That kind of takes care of the "principle issue".

I honestly can't name MMOs that allow you to make your "dream" character on one hand especially considering there's always the spectrum of races to choose from in just about every and I've honestly never seen cat people in more than 2 MMOs from the 90s-now.
____________________________

#48 Apr 07 2010 at 10:17 AM Rating: Decent
*
163 posts
Mistress Theonehio wrote:
If it's the principle of the matter that's the issue here and not the male miqotes not being playable, there's male and female hyur/lala/elezen and male only roe. That kind of takes care of the "principle issue".

I honestly can't name MMOs that allow you to make your "dream" character on one hand especially considering there's always the spectrum of races to choose from in just about every and I've honestly never seen cat people in more than 2 MMOs from the 90s-now.

Would one of those 2 MMO's be ffxi perchance?
#49 Apr 07 2010 at 10:26 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,822 posts
AureliusSir the Mundane wrote:
EndlessJourney wrote:
Ahh right, because respecting that people should accept that others are different is a assumption right? It's just my ideas which tend to be... wrong? Right right. Also I don't remember denying anything. I stated that I wasn't name calling, but rather stating a blatant fact, so I admitted to it. Once again, you're trying to pick apart things that aren't there.


When you lace your "facts" with references to people being "DERP HERP morons" and are then stupid enough to go back a couple of posts later and say you weren't namecalling, you're a @#%^ing ******.

And now you're probably going to cry about me being mean.

Smiley: cry

Quote:
You are right though, I do fly off the handle at that kind of attitude, it has nothing to do with my ideas. People who are too closed minded to understand what I'm having to repeat so many times I'm blue in the face well, it is quite upsetting. Especially when they get backed up. For some issues, it might be within arguments sake, but when people don't understand such simple concepts like "It's okay for some people to be different" then yes, it upsets me.


Hey...pssst...hey hey hey.

Quote:
Maybe some people just don't give a sh*t about male Miqo'te and are put off by your rabid enthusiasm for it, how's that? What gives you the right to label them "DERP HERP moron[s]" because they don't share your enthusiasm?


Can you read? I don't know how to make a argument with you when you keep arguing something I'm giving you a reason for over and over and over again. It's not about the Male Miqo'Te at all, it's about some people's attitudes concerning diversity. Is that so hard to understand? Although I do agree, some people are probably just upset at me for being enthusiastic about that sort of thing, so thanks for confirming it for me.

Quote:
Especially when they post their thoughts on it that can largely be summed up as, "whatever" and you come back with your enthusiastic tirades like everyone should be balls deep in love with the idea of cat men.


And you're not going on a tirade? Honestly, look at my posts explaining my reasoning and look how YOU are flying off the handle. Once again, because I know I'm going to have to explain this a few thousand more times, it's not about the "Cat men" or wanting them or not, it's about some people feeling that others should be denied rights to diversity.

Quote:
It's not that important. It's important to you, but here's the thing: your attitude combined with your shaky logic is positioning you very handily to be approximately...useless...to the community.


It's shaky logic that I feel people should accept others for who they are? I won't say all of my logic is perfect at all times but the main arguments I'm making here and have made so many times in the past for this matter are for the fact that some people might want to look different than the "norm" and that it's okay if some one is different. This is shaky logic? Also I've contributed a lot of new information in the past, I usually help people with questions, post links, and even try to run a blog to inform people of all the latest info, yet I'm useless to the community?

Aren't you the one who said I need to stop stating assumptions as facts?...

Quote:
You can **** and moan all day long about me being a meanie head and a rude guy and any other name you feel applies, but here's the rub...


When do I call you a meanie or a rude guy? I said I'm sick of your crap and sick of you stalking me around which you do all over the allakazham boards.

Quote:
I'm not wrong nearly so much as you are.


Sounds like you're getting pretty high for your horse there. You seem to have quite the opinion of yourself, and this is coming from the same guy who said not to state opinions or assumptions as facts?

Quote:
If I'm going to pick apart an idea I'm going to pick it apart because it's not workable, or it's shortsighted


So in your opinion, is the basic argument of diversity and the need for such thing, and allowing people to express themselves with such diversity wrong? It's not workable to have a male counterpart to a class that admits to having them? It's short sighted for people to want a more sleek and agile option instead of just bulky male after bulky male, or being tiny?

Quote:
not because I need to find some way to make people wrong for having challenged my opinion.


Sure seems like that's what you're doing most of the time.

Quote:
I've got a lot more MMO experience than you that gives me insight beyond psychofantic pipedreams.


Excuse me? Once again stating things that you have no clue about. I post on here anonymously. How do you know which MMORPG's I have played? How do you know how much experience in them I've had? Because quite honestly I've played quite a bit of them to their level caps and through end game content. Why are you stating that you have more experience than me when you don't even know me?

Quote:
Oh, I'm wrong from time to time. No doubt about that, I don't say one thing in a thread and then turn around and deny having said it. How is "HERP DERP moron" to not be construed as namecalling? Yet you deny having done so. [b]Dumb. Very dumb.[b]


I guess the same could be said for you, right here couldn't it? I didn't deny that I was "name calling" I was explaining how I was trying to state a fact that if people can't come to term with some things they are morons. I wasn't arguing the fact that it "wasn't" name calling.

Quote:
It undermines your credibility as much if not more than posting inferences and assumptions as fact.


Then what have you been doing...?

[quote]You get yourself in over your head with your over-eagerness to state things how they will be based on your ill-formed assumptions and then spend all your time crying about it when you're called on it.[/quote]

In over my head? I only get over eager about things that should be common knowledge to anyone who's experienced real world dynamics.

[quote]Sometimes, ya just gotta know when you're beat. Which in this case, you rammed your foot in your mouth with a profound amount of gusto and if I were you, I'd just stop and worry about getting that foot out of there instead of backpeddling and trying to make other people out to be something they're not.[/quote]

For some one who uses the world assumptions a lot, you must be use to sub consciously using them yourself. I'm not trying to "back pedal" out of anything either. I stand by my claim that if people can't accept diversity, if people can't accept that some people don't want to look exactly what common society deems you should look like, that you should have that option. If people can't understand that others should have this right to be who they wish to be, then they are morons for not understanding that.

Edited, Apr 7th 2010 9:37am by EndlessJourney
____________________________
Long Live Vana Diel.
#50 Apr 07 2010 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
EndlessJourney wrote:
Stuff


Whoa there. Before you get fully into one of these block-quote arguments with Aurelius, why not just take a quick look at how this whole thing started?

Quote:
Why do people even want male mi'qote the male mithra in WotG looked more effiminate than the females.

And I don't even want to imagine what a female Roegadyn is guna look like :S


Quote:
I'm going to start counting all the DERP HERP morons on FFXIV sites who are too used to modern video games and crap like WoW to comprehend that SOME PEOPLE might actually want to look a little more agile and not as bulky as traditional MMORPG males. BUT OMG, WHY WUD U WANT DAT? LEIK U SHUD HAVE MUSCLEZ!1

Before it turns into a flame fest all I'll say is that guess what, some people like looking differently, in contrast, without going too far overboard. Some people just have different styles from what the "Norm" might be.

Cannot believe how many people on the internet are too immature to understand such things.


If you look at the post that you originally went after, you'll see that it's not aggressive in any way, shape, or form. Perhaps a little bit closed-minded, yes. But not antagonistic by any stretch of the imagination. You can't even really say that it's homophobic, because it might simply be implying that the male Miq'ote really aren't physically different enough from the females to merit making them playable. Who knows?

But then look at your response. Sarcasm, insults, random capitalization, etc. That was all a bit unwarranted, no?

Your complaint about people not being able to accept "diversity" is really out of the blue, since nobody's really said that at all. Rather, you're kind of adding that label to their point of view, and then getting incensed about it. This discussion really doesn't have anything to do with accepting other lifestyles in real life. You're just trying to turn it into that for some reason.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#51 Apr 07 2010 at 10:43 AM Rating: Decent
EndlessJourney wrote:
Can you read? I don't know how to make a argument with you when you keep arguing something I'm giving you a reason for over and over and over again. It's not about the Male Miqo'Te at all, it's about some people's attitudes concerning diversity. Is that so hard to understand? Although I do agree, some people are probably just upset at me for being enthusiastic about that sort of thing, so thanks for confirming it for me.


No, they're likely upset at how quickly you deteriorate from rabid enthusiasm to over the top dorkrage when your ideas are challenged. Maybe they feel there's already enough diversity. Five playable races is diverse. You want more. Not everyone agrees. You can't argue that there's no diversity. All you can argue is your opinion in wanting even more and when you go from mild-mannered-but-slightly-dumb to RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE at the first sign of an alternate point of view, folks to tend to remember.

Quote:
And you're not going on a tirade? Honestly, look at my posts explaining my reasoning and look how YOU are flying off the handle. Once again, because I know I'm going to have to explain this a few thousand more times, it's not about the "Cat men" or wanting them or not, it's about some people feeling that others should be denied rights to diversity.


Denied rights to diversity. Right. Lemme call the Cat People Rights Association and I'll get back to you with their thoughts on the matter.

Quote:
Quote:
It's not that important. It's important to you, but here's the thing: your attitude combined with your shaky logic is positioning you very handily to be approximately...useless...to the community.


It's shaky logic that I feel people should accept others for who they are? I won't say all of my logic is perfect at all times but the main arguments I'm making here and have made so many times in the past for this matter are for the fact that some people might want to look different than the "norm" and that it's okay if some one is different. This is shaky logic? Also I've contributed a lot of new information in the past, I usually help people with questions, post links, and even try to run a blog to inform people of all the latest info, yet I'm useless to the community?


You uhh...you know a lot of male cat people that feel slighted by their exclusion from FFXIV? Lately all I've seen you post is the male miqo-te bandwagon propaganda. Which in of itself is harmless. It's where you take it and how you arrive at your "facts" that is highly questionable.

Quote:
When do I call you a meanie or a rude guy? I said I'm sick of your crap and sick of you stalking me around which you do all over the allakazham boards.


I don't discriminate based on screen name. I discriminate based on dumb. If you don't want me picking apart your ideas, stop being dumb.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not wrong nearly so much as you are.


Sounds like you're getting pretty high for your horse there. You seem to have quite the opinion of yourself, and this is coming from the same guy who said not to state opinions or assumptions as facts?


I'm not wrong nearly as much as you are is a fact. Your assumption of my opinion of myself is an opinion. See the difference?

Quote:
Quote:
If I'm going to pick apart an idea I'm going to pick it apart because it's not workable, or it's shortsighted


So in your opinion, is the basic argument of diversity and the need for such thing, and allowing people to express themselves with such diversity wrong?


You're strawmanning the **** out of your lust for cat men. You're not on some noble crusade to liberate the oppressed masses...you're pining over your male *****. Nobody is going to fall for your would-be noble tirades. It's a game.

Quote:
Quote:
not because I need to find some way to make people wrong for having challenged my opinion.


Sure seems like that's what you're doing most of the time.


There's a difference between debate and bashing people with your teeny e-peen because you can't seem to handle the idea of conflicting viewpoints.

Quote:
Quote:
I've got a lot more MMO experience than you that gives me insight beyond psychofantic pipedreams.


Excuse me? Once again stating things that you have no clue about. I post on here anonymously. How do you know which MMORPG's I have played? How do you know how much experience in them I've had? Because quite honestly I've played quite a bit of them to their level caps and through end game content. Why are you stating that you have more experience than me when you don't even know me?


Because if you had as much experience as you might want to claim, you wouldn't be nearly so uninformed.

[quote]I guess the same could be said for you, right here couldn't it? I didn't deny that I was "name calling" I was explaining how I was trying to state a fact that if people can't come to term with some things they are morons. I wasn't arguing the fact that it "wasn't" name calling.[/quote]

More backpedaling.

[quote][quote]It undermines your credibility as much if not more than posting inferences and assumptions as fact.[/quote]

Then what have you been doing...?[/quote]

I state fact to support my opinions. I don't declare things as fact because I want them to be fact, and I don't declare them as fact because they are my opinion, and I tend to offer caveats if there's wiggle room on the subjective scale.

[quote]In over my head? I only get over eager about things that should be common knowledge to anyone who's experience real world dynamics.[/quote]

Those of us who have meaningful experience with "real world dynamics" don't get our knickers in a knot over races in an MMO.

[quote][quote]Sometimes, ya just gotta know when you're beat. Which in this case, you rammed your foot in your mouth with a profound amount of gusto and if I were you, I'd just stop and worry about getting that foot out of there instead of backpeddling and trying to make other people out to be something they're not.[/quote]

For some one who uses the world assumptions a lot, you must be use to sub consciously using them yourself. I'm not trying to "back pedal" out of anything either. I stand by my claim that if people can't accept diversity, if people can't accept that some people don't want to look exactly what common society deems you should look like, that you should have that option. If people can't understand that others should have this right to be who they wish to be, then they are morons for not understanding that.[/quote]

Protip: When it comes to MMOs, you have no rights beyond what the developer decides to give you. Where you fall under the impression that you have a "right" to be whatever race you want simply because the diverse options already presented to you aren't diverse enough is beyond me. Your argument is a string of failed logic and ignorant delusions. Get over yourself.
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)