I looked on 5 pages... and I'm not premium so I can't search, but I did try!
It has been said in the housing thread somewhere on page 3 at the time I am writing this that FFXIV won't have housing at release, or at least we're not to expect it. We do, however, have the Botanist class... and I am wondering if that is going to be more like a gardener or more like a harvester (harvest plant/fauna that spawn throughout the zones of FFXIV)
One thing I really liked about FFXI was the gardening once I actually got into it with the help of Pikko's little compilations. It was really innovative, a lot of fun to be able to make so many things based on the combination of seed and crystal, etc. My only problem was that certain things... saplings and tree cuttings in particular took a veeeeeery long time to grow.
Anyway, I am kind of getting off my own topic. For those who liked the gardening system in FFXI, I am wondering: Do you wish to see it return in FFXIV? What kind of changes do you hope to see? Would you rather garden in your mog house, or in possible farm/crystal plots at the A... (I don't think I am EVER going to learn the spelling for that crystal thing) perhaps something via farming in LOTRO?
Some things I like/would like to see changed:
1) I liked the variety of seeds, however, I wish we could buy some common ones from a merchant and perhaps have special types of dropped seeds from monsters. For example have "domestic herb seeds" which can grow into some common cooking foods, and "exotic/wild herb seeds" which can grow into some rarer varieties and drop off mobs only.
2) I would really prefer to be able to plant the seed and feed it a crystal all at once so I don't have to worry about it. >.>;
3) Perhaps the results could be a little less random on what you get, but the amount could still fluctuate some.
4) Cut the time down on how long it takes by a bit. Maybe 24 hours (real time) for some of the basic seeds, up to 76 for some of the more exotic/expensive ingredients, and a real week max for the trees and such?
5) Would be nice if we could grow more herbs and such for Alchemy too.