Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Camera Followed Lancer JumpFollow

#1 Apr 29 2010 at 4:05 PM Rating: Excellent
**
603 posts
Just a fun thought -

Based on this games draw distance and graphics I would think it would be possible to have the camera follow a lancer on a jump ability high in the air, and follow back down for the strike, rather than just having a simple "swoosh" effect on the player. Not to mention it would be amusing to see a lancer fly up in the distance :)
#2 Apr 29 2010 at 4:36 PM Rating: Excellent
I like it. Anyone know if someone has seen current lancer jump animation?
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#3 Apr 29 2010 at 5:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Don't think so. Most people haven't progressed very far in levels. We don't even really have the levels at which you learn the abilities that people already have.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#4 Apr 29 2010 at 5:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
630 posts
I think this would be something cool to have an option for all effects. Imagine as a mage casting quake and having your whole screen shake! Or for pugilist's punch attack to wind up and deliver a blow.

Some people w/ 3d motion sickness might not like these effects, so having it optional would be key. It would definitely be a cool effect to throw in there though.


*edit*

Or maybe the condition for having these effects take place is based on if you are in 1st person or 3rd person.

Edited, Apr 29th 2010 7:09pm by burtonsnow
#5 Apr 29 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
Fun idea. I'd love it if there was a "super jump" style attack that resembled a higher-altitude version Fang's "Highwind" attack from FFXIII. I love that freeze-frame shot of the character twisting in the air for the stab. Very cool.

Edited, Apr 29th 2010 8:00pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#6 Apr 29 2010 at 6:28 PM Rating: Decent
*
64 posts
Neither SE nor datamining has found any jump for lancer. It has to get into the game but no sign of it yet. right?
#7 Apr 29 2010 at 7:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
279 posts
I thought it had been datamined or something? Eh.
____________________________
WoW - Quel'dorei <ON HOLD>

Main: Tancoo (80 Tauren Enhance Shaman)
Other: Saraah (63 BE Paladin)
Raymund (47 Troll Hunter)

FFXI - Carbuncle <RETIRED>
Raymund - 45 DRG, 42 PLD, 26 BLU, 30 RNG, 1 NIN <- I miss you Buster!
#8 Apr 29 2010 at 7:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Repressed Memories
******
20,813 posts
You know, I always wondered just how high dragoons jump. I've dodged earth rending, universe splitting spells with jump; so that's got to be pretty high up.
#9 Apr 29 2010 at 7:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Jump is in the .dats. It seems to be an ability for avoiding damage, and not necessarily an attack.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#10 Apr 29 2010 at 9:28 PM Rating: Excellent
yup:
Jump DAT wrote:
Leap high into the air, gaining temporary immunity to all attacks.
just haven't seen pic/vid

Edited, Apr 29th 2010 11:29pm by shintasama
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#11 Apr 30 2010 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
People will swear they saw UFOs, crop circles, and Bigfoot's camp while in the air if this happened.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#12 Apr 30 2010 at 7:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
PS3 limitations...
























I kid, I kid.

I like the idea. If they do make a bunch of these "unique" effects, I might even upgrade my PC just to be able to max out the graphics settings. :)
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#13 Apr 30 2010 at 10:56 AM Rating: Decent
**
621 posts
How high are lancers usually jumping?
____________________________
Kweh?!

...prophesizing the golden patch since october 2010.
#14 Apr 30 2010 at 11:10 AM Rating: Decent
**
603 posts
insanekangaroo wrote:
How high are lancers usually jumping?


If it's faithful to previous titles pretty darn high :)
#15 Apr 30 2010 at 11:43 AM Rating: Good
Yet its always been useable in dungeons... hmm.
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#16 May 01 2010 at 1:27 PM Rating: Decent
**
863 posts
I think it is a great idea. I remember when i started playing XI and heard about DRG. I was so psyched to see their jump/try it out myself jumping high in the sky etc. It was a bit of a dissapointment when I saw the actual implementation. I can understand why they did it that way, but hopefully they can make it more like the jump, I think, many of us get in our heads when we hear about it.
#17 May 01 2010 at 2:37 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
285 posts
I was also disappointed with DRG's animations from FFXI, but at end-game. My first look at the relic WS (after I was already 60+) I realized that the height of what I was achieving was a tricked out wheeling thrust. And then the new WS they introduced for Aht Urgan was similarly disappointing. I was expecting some really awesome jump thrust. Oddly enough, I think that the sword has the only WS where you jump. Probably explains why I lost interest and cancelled my account.

Anyways, I hope they do better on FFXIV...

Quote:
Yet its always been useable in dungeons... hmm.

Well, obviously the jump would break the ceiling of the dungeon, up through the ground, and into the atmosphere. Then make a new hole in the ground and through the ceiling of the dungeon exactly on top of the jump target. Then you jump through the same hole right above yourself and back through the other hole to where you previously stood. It makes perfect sense. What I want to know is... why do you stop when you land on the monster? You should go through the monster, through the floor, through the center of the planet, and back out the other side. Its a mystery...

Edited, May 1st 2010 5:01pm by MuadibAsura
____________________________
~ Muadib(Asura)
#18 May 01 2010 at 4:00 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
325 posts
Speaking of DRG, I always thought they should of made the wyvern grow with you as your level progresses. Would have been nice seeing a 75DRG with a HUGE Wyvern behind him. :D
____________________________
FFXIV
Name: Z'veagan Brolz
Server: Ultros
Linkshell/FC: Lootwhorindramafest
#19 May 02 2010 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
**
603 posts
Veagan wrote:
Speaking of DRG, I always thought they should of made the wyvern grow with you as your level progresses. Would have been nice seeing a 75DRG with a HUGE Wyvern behind him. :D


I always thought that would have been a nice feature as well, too bad it was never implemented.
#20 May 02 2010 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
***
1,159 posts
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Yet its always been useable in dungeons... hmm.


You never really see where lancers/dragoons go after they jump, I propose that they jump into a different plane of existence and jump back in. This ensures that they never get hit.
#21 May 02 2010 at 12:03 PM Rating: Good
Yogtheterrible wrote:
digitalcraft, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Yet its always been useable in dungeons... hmm.


You never really see where lancers/dragoons go after they jump, I propose that they jump into a different plane of existence and jump back in. This ensures that they never get hit.


Or they could implement a system where you take damage if the ceiling of the area you're in is lower than the height of your jump... Smiley: sly
#22 May 02 2010 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
**
562 posts
But, but, but.... you're using jump to AVOID damage! If they do that it'll show that SE truly has no love for the Dragon Knight/Dragoon class. It's bad enough our little wyverns aren't with us from the start (if at all!). Now you wanna hurt us for using our last distinguishing move?

I dub thee Sir Aurelius, Dragoon hater. lol
____________________________
The more I train, the harder I get. The harder I get, the more lethal I am. The more lethal I am, the fewer opponents. The fewer opponents, the less to lose. The less to lose, the more I let up. The more I let up, the more room for mistakes. The more room for mistakes, the more I train.

#23 May 02 2010 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
ReiThor wrote:
But, but, but.... you're using jump to AVOID damage! If they do that it'll show that SE truly has no love for the Dragon Knight/Dragoon class. It's bad enough our little wyverns aren't with us from the start (if at all!). Now you wanna hurt us for using our last distinguishing move?


I thought you crazy cats loved punishing mechanics <.<

"O GAWD O GAWD I'M ALMOST DEAD!!"

*jump*

"Awwww my fawkin' head...."

/limpsplat
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)