Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Classes on the battlefield.Follow

#1 May 10 2010 at 11:05 PM Rating: Good
Im assuming that only 2 class disciplines will be allowed to engage in battle so unless i misread somewhere im just wondering if its possible we might see a fisher smack around local mob with it's fishing pole.

I mean is it possible that lets say a simple Culinary job could go and fight some lvl 1 mobs but wont get as far as another class that is mainly geared towards combat?

For the **** of it here is a list from a wiki:

Disciples of War
* Gladiator
* Marauder
* Pugilist
* Archer
* Lancer

Disciples of Magic
* Thaumaturge
* Conjurer

Disciples of the Land
* Fisher
* Botanist
* Miner

Disciples of the Hand (expect lots of jokes in game from this one).
* Carpenter
* Blacksmith
* Armorer
* Goldsmith
* Tanner
* Weaver
* Alchemist
* Culinarian


____________________________
One day maybe:
ShaolinGate.com
#2 May 10 2010 at 11:34 PM Rating: Default
The only DoH/DoL that I know of with any skills associated with combat are miners who can apparently throw pebbles. There seems to be a certain amount of hopeful specualtion that DoH/DoL will be able to contribute to combat in some way but I wouldn't count on it.


Edited, May 10th 2010 10:51pm by Aurelius
#3 May 11 2010 at 3:36 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,100 posts
Sept. 9th Zam Article wrote:
Crafters will have other unique abilities, such as being able to add their own colors or patterns to the equipment they make. It is also possible that shop signs will be made available to long-time players, although Komoto says they are still considering different options. As for battle, it appears that crafting classes may have some abilities that could be utilized for light battles, but have little strength when compared to a battle-oriented job.


I'm pretty sure this isn't the only place this has been formally mentioned, I just remember it primarily from the Zam article back in September. Because the crafting disciplines are considered "classes", I do believe there are going to be unique abilities for each class that specifically relates to battle.

I do remember an article/interview where it was mentioned that blacksmiths would be able to add elemental debuffs depending on the encounter/Mob situation at hand.
____________________________
Common sense is not so common -Voltaire
Wyne Aeros - Hyperion Server
ARRFishing.com

#4 May 11 2010 at 7:05 AM Rating: Excellent
I plan on bringing a botanist and a fisherman along whenever I go questing. One never knows when one might be asked to present a shrubbery or to chop down a tree with a herring.

/too obscure?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#5 May 11 2010 at 7:55 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Lubriderm the Hand wrote:
I plan on bringing a botanist and a fisherman along whenever I go questing. One never knows when one might be asked to present a shrubbery or to chop down a tree with a herring.

/too obscure?

I got it. Now I'm wondering which class gets access to the Holy Hand Grenade. Better hope somebody in your party can count to three.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#6 May 11 2010 at 8:08 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
Ralrra wrote:
Lubriderm the Hand wrote:
I plan on bringing a botanist and a fisherman along whenever I go questing. One never knows when one might be asked to present a shrubbery or to chop down a tree with a herring.

/too obscure?

I got it. Now I'm wondering which class gets access to the Holy Hand Grenade. Better hope somebody in your party can count to three.


Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog would be a fantastic NM.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#7 May 11 2010 at 8:54 AM Rating: Decent
Ryneguy wrote:
Sept. 9th Zam Article wrote:
Crafters will have other unique abilities, such as being able to add their own colors or patterns to the equipment they make. It is also possible that shop signs will be made available to long-time players, although Komoto says they are still considering different options. As for battle, it appears that crafting classes may have some abilities that could be utilized for light battles, but have little strength when compared to a battle-oriented job.


I'm pretty sure this isn't the only place this has been formally mentioned, I just remember it primarily from the Zam article back in September. Because the crafting disciplines are considered "classes", I do believe there are going to be unique abilities for each class that specifically relates to battle.

I do remember an article/interview where it was mentioned that blacksmiths would be able to add elemental debuffs depending on the encounter/Mob situation at hand.


These are not shaping up to be things that you bring the actual DoH/DoL to a party to do. They're shaping up to be things you'd equip on a combat class as sort of a, "Hey, grats on getting some stuff done on a crafter...here's a little bonus for you!" You can't equip weapons as a crafting class. The OP is talking about being able to go out and kill things. Are you now going to start debuffing rats to death?

C'mon. Think.
#8 May 11 2010 at 8:57 AM Rating: Decent
**
437 posts
or when you run around have some one follow you with coconuts... Ni!
#9 May 11 2010 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
595 posts
Brings a whole new meaning to Utsusemi: NI!
#10 May 11 2010 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
DomfranciscoOfIfrit wrote:
Brings a whole new meaning to Utsusemi: NI!

Except they were Knights, not Ninjas. Ninjas who say Ni would just be redundant.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#11 May 11 2010 at 12:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
630 posts
Ralrra wrote:
DomfranciscoOfIfrit wrote:
Brings a whole new meaning to Utsusemi: NI!

Except they were Knights, not Ninjas. Ninjas who say Ni would just be redundant.



and probably not so ninja like.


But just because they may night actually damage doesn't mean they can't be helpful. What if a certain guild leve requires a blacksmith for his ability to weaken an enemies tough armor or elemental affinity. I feel that there might be some slight role for certain DoH/DoL classes, especially if the guild leve gives them a reward they are seeking.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)