Wait, so does this clear up the whole issue of:
The Fine Print
* The game to be tested is under development, and may differ significantly from the commercial release.
* If an applicant applies multiple times, only the final application will be valid.
* Inquiries regarding the selection process and/or its results will not be answered.
* For more details, see the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Application FAQ here.
* If you have received a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code for registering FINAL FANTASY XIII on the Square Enix Members site, please use it to apply for the beta test.
* If you have already applied for the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta test but would like to apply for the PlayStation 3 beta with a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code, please be aware that all previous applications will be invalidated.
* The promotional code will also be required to obtain the FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item, so please hold on to your code until the game’s official release.
Registered for the beta again a few weeks ago just to be sure my app went through, so i'm hoping that part of the fine print is true ( as in no matter how many times you apply, you still only have 1 application that can be chosen).
Not sure if they log IP addresses, it is possible but there have been many cases of people making many different e-mails and accounts. And they have been getting into the Alpha/Beta. While it seems it may work for them, who knows when SE will start logging these application ip addresses and just throwing out duplicate ips. Granted there would be an uproar anyways because what if you're applying from a public library/hot spot somewhere. I wouldn't even post on this site that you got into the Alpha/Beta, even if you proxy your IP and post. Who knows how far back Allakhazam can go with logs, probably quite a bit :-P
Isn't there some legal thing you would have to do anyways before releasing information from Allakhazam to a third party? Is the account holder actually notified like if I posted I got in, do you let the user know their information has been sent to SE? Was always curious what rights a user has on this site.