Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
This Forum is Read Only

Not excited about FFXIV (was forum=10)Follow

#1 Jun 26 2010 at 5:31 PM Rating: Decent
There, I said it, I'm not nearly as excited about FFXIV as I was with FFXI, ****.. I bought FFXI and I didn't even own a computer, that's how much I wanted to play FFXI, I bought my first computer ever like 2 months later. There was just something about it that really made me want to play it, but FFXIV.. not so much. Maybe it's because there's barely any content videos out for it yet, maybe I've grown up, or grown tired of MMOs, but I doubt I'll play it. FFXI gives me what I need, why should I switch.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#2 Jun 26 2010 at 5:32 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
http://livejournal.com
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#3 Jun 26 2010 at 5:37 PM Rating: Good
***
1,793 posts
FFXIV General Forum?

____________________________
Proud PUP of Phoenix.
Jobs: PUP COR RNG BLM NIN WHM 90
Member of Finale.
My Blog
#4 Jun 26 2010 at 5:43 PM Rating: Decent
Google?

Edited, Jun 26th 2010 8:43pm by Imperia
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#5 Jun 26 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
6,347 posts
I'm not nearly as excited either as I was when I first heard of FFXI.

There are a lot of reasons though. Mostly, it is because there was never an online Final Fantasy before. I first heard of FFXI in Playstation Magazine. It had a short article with a couple of screenshots. With that, my imagination went wild. I had never even heard of an "MMO" before.

I was expecting massive uninhibited landscapes, sprawling towns and cities filled with people and things to do unlike anything ever seen before... all online! I had plans of becoming the strongest player in the game, playing day and night until I was untouchable by anyone else or any monster. I imagined setting up my Mog House in the middle of a dense snowy forest somewhere-- somewhere with wolves and ****.

With FFXIV though, I pretty much already know what to expect. So yea, I'm not all that excited either.
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#6 Jun 26 2010 at 6:39 PM Rating: Decent
lul I got rated up then back down.

Quote:
With FFXIV though, I pretty much already know what to expect. So yea, I'm not all that excited either.
That's why I'm not excited, I already had the FF-Online experience, it's gonna take A LOT to impress me now. And with what I've seen, it looks like WoW but with a WoW story line.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#7 Jun 26 2010 at 6:44 PM Rating: Default
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Imperia wrote:
Rate me down all you want, but at least have the balls to tell me why.
Because you post stupid sh*t that nobody cares about, and on top of that, in the wrong forum.

Also:

BLM/WHM
Electrum Ring
AF feet

Edited, Jun 26th 2010 7:45pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#8 Jun 26 2010 at 6:58 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
Because you post stupid sh*t that nobody cares about, and on top of that, in the wrong forum.
You're gonna tell me the 17k posts you have were all posted in the right places? I hope for you that you have a boring job and you got most of these at workcause if racked them up at home I think you should reorganize your priorities. Another thing, do you tell everybody to post crap in the proper sections? Since 90% of the posts in FFXI General are out of topic, you have a lot of work to do.
People obviously care since they replied. I posted it in the General section, because I thought this is where people have General discussions about General stuff.

Quote:
Also:

BLM/WHM
Electrum Ring
AF feet
Also, why don't you either 1)mind your own business, or 2)recommend what I should be using instead. And just so you know, that character's information is not accurate, I created it within 2 minutes while I was at work, I didn't remember what I actually use, plus it's hard to set a profile for a certain set of gear since it's constantly changing depending on the situation.

And thanks for "having the balls" to tell me why you rated me down, I appreciate the feedback.

Edited, Jun 26th 2010 10:01pm by Imperia
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#9 Jun 26 2010 at 7:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
76 posts
bsphil wrote:

Because you post stupid sh*t that nobody cares about, and on top of that, in the wrong forum.


To be fair, the OP mentioned an excitement when purchasing FFXI, and a lack of excitement about FFXIV. That doesn't necessarily make it a FFXIV-only forum subject, especially given that others like myself feel the same way, but don't bother with the FFXIV forums.

And labeling the OP as "stupid sh*t that no one cares about" isn't your place. Speak for yourself, not for others.
#10 Jun 26 2010 at 7:38 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
To be fair, the OP mentioned an excitement when purchasing FFXI, and a lack of excitement about FFXIV. That doesn't necessarily make it a FFXIV-only forum subject, especially given that others like myself feel the same way, but don't bother with the FFXIV forums.

And labeling the OP as "stupid sh*t that no one cares about" isn't your place. Speak for yourself, not for others.
Thank you sir. But from now on, I will review the thousands of posts many times over before posting a new topic, and hopefully by the time I'm done someone will post what I meant to post.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#11 Jun 26 2010 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
**
850 posts
bsphil wrote:
Imperia wrote:
Rate me down all you want, but at least have the balls to tell me why.
Because you post stupid sh*t that nobody cares about, and on top of that, in the wrong forum.

Also:

BLM/WHM
Electrum Ring
AF feet

Edited, Jun 26th 2010 7:45pm by bsphil



/facepalm

Can all the elitist e-peeners stick to that thread by darkhorror and not spill out of there? Pretty please?
#12 Jun 26 2010 at 9:20 PM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
McGame wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Imperia wrote:
Rate me down all you want, but at least have the balls to tell me why.
Because you post stupid sh*t that nobody cares about, and on top of that, in the wrong forum.

Also:

BLM/WHM
Electrum Ring
AF feet
/facepalm

Can all the elitist e-peeners stick to that thread by darkhorror and not spill out of there? Pretty please?
Sure, we'll all just stay in one thread forever, and never leave.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#13 Jun 26 2010 at 9:36 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,675 posts
Quote:
/facepalm

Can all the elitist e-peeners stick to that thread by darkhorror and not spill out of there? Pretty please?


Elitist e-peeners?

Maybe I'm missing something but if someone is full timing, lets assume since their comeback was for someone to suggest something better, the worst piece of Blm af at 75...

I really don't think this is a situation of people being elitists. you could go barefoot instead of wearing those things and no one would notice the difference unless they stared at your feet.
____________________________
Braxis - Tarutaru - 80 BLM/80 SAM/80 BLU/75 BRD/80 WHM/80 SCH/80 DRG/75 PLD/80 RDM - Lakshmi

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
#14 Jun 26 2010 at 10:00 PM Rating: Default
Quote:
the worst piece of Blm af at 75...
What's so bad about it, there's -Enmity, MP+, and spell interrupt-, even AGI+ for Evasion. Please do suggest something else.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#15 Jun 26 2010 at 10:08 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,675 posts
Quote:
What's so bad about it, there's -Enmity, MP+, and spell interrupt-, even AGI+ for Evasion. Please do suggest something else.


Off the top of my head?

Cobra Unit? Yigit? Rostrum? Goliard? Sorcerers? Zenith? Errant?

Pretty much any of those would give more mp and/or more -enmity while providing other stats that don't require you pulling hate and getting repeatedly hit like -interupt and agi...

Plus they have these things called Int and Magic Attack Bonus and such that I think are good stats for blm nowadays...
____________________________
Braxis - Tarutaru - 80 BLM/80 SAM/80 BLU/75 BRD/80 WHM/80 SCH/80 DRG/75 PLD/80 RDM - Lakshmi

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
#16 Jun 26 2010 at 10:10 PM Rating: Good
*
140 posts
See you in FFXIV. ~_^
#17 Jun 26 2010 at 10:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,675 posts
This is a joke thread right?

I didn't really just explain to a Blm how more mp/-enmity and Int/MAB are things you kinda want to have right?

Edited, Jun 27th 2010 12:13am by PlanckZero
____________________________
Braxis - Tarutaru - 80 BLM/80 SAM/80 BLU/75 BRD/80 WHM/80 SCH/80 DRG/75 PLD/80 RDM - Lakshmi

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
#18 Jun 26 2010 at 10:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
590 posts
I am excited.

I feel the same way I did when I first seen FFXI, I get goose bumps watching E3 footage, maybe I just want something new of course SE is updating stuff in FFXI and I'll finish the content.

I will probably end up buying FFXIV playing it then decide if I wanna put down my sword in FFXI and take on a new adventure.
____________________________

Wife: Akirah
#19 Jun 26 2010 at 11:13 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
The games not for everyone. But I my self will be playing that game. FFXI was my gateway game to MMO's and like any first I go back to it when ever I feel let down, tired, or rejected by other MMO's. I never got anywhere near end game stuff or elite status, I highest lvl job is 39 NIN and 38 DRK. But the real life friends I've made and fun I've had make up for every lag, bad group, bad party, or ******* I've come across in FFXI.

I played other MMo's and some where fun(WoW) and some were complete garbage(Guild Wars), and some I'll go back to again(CoH). I know FFXI is not the perfect game for everyone but, for me they got almost everything right.

I won't list what those are right now but it's obvious to most players. I'm sure SE will fix most of them. If not FFXI and my XBox are still here.
#20 Jun 26 2010 at 11:38 PM Rating: Decent
**
493 posts
Imperia wrote:
Blm AF at 75


Imperia wrote:
AGI+ for Evasion


Square Enix wrote:
You have an E in evasion, noob.


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Yep. Every netbook with an atom processor nowadays plays WoW.
****, I am sure with some tweaking it would run on an iphone.
Or even on the LCD display of my microwave.
#21 Jun 27 2010 at 12:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,347 posts
lolrockboy wrote:
Imperia wrote:
Blm AF at 75


Imperia wrote:
AGI+ for Evasion


Square Enix wrote:
You have an E in evasion, noob.




Otown wrote:
The games not for everyone.
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#22 Jun 27 2010 at 10:53 AM Rating: Default
That's ok, I'm probably a noob because I don't have all my jobs at 75 yet, or because I haven't mastered a craft, or because I don't have any piece of God gear, rub it in.
The guy made fun of my Feet piece, and someone said it would be better if I didn't wear anything, seriously? Is this how the game has become? Where if you don't own x or y piece of equipment you're a noob?

Quote:
Cobra Unit? Yigit? Rostrum? Goliard? Sorcerers? Zenith? Errant?
All of those take weeks/months to get, expect Errant/Mahatma, and I don't have hours to play everyday like most of you guys, so leave my AF feet alone, I've grown attached to it.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#23 Jun 27 2010 at 10:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Take Meds
.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#24 Jun 27 2010 at 11:05 AM Rating: Default
Ah! you made a funny.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#25 Jun 27 2010 at 11:13 AM Rating: Default
There, I fixed my gear, happy now? {Invite to join party}?
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#26 Jun 27 2010 at 11:47 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,145 posts
I'm excited to play the polished version of FFXIV in 2-5+ years. I'm not excited in the least to play what will be for all intent and purposes a piece of **** until then as we watch SE proving everyday that they didn't learn a ******* thing with FFXI because they're too busy creating content to get off on, like AV.
#27 Jun 27 2010 at 12:14 PM Rating: Decent
I think AV was added as a practice dummy, then when SE's GMs get bored of watching people fight it they make it release a bunch of 2Hr's and wipe them, they must be having a blast watching us from above.

I'm gonna stop posting here now, it's gone completely out of topic for the most part.

I like puppies.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#28 Jun 27 2010 at 12:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,918 posts
I like the egg the most.
____________________________
Playing XIV and XI, Oh yeah.
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?198103
Thris the WARRIOR.

Apessius wrote:
Apessius>> (Experience Points) is such a cockblocker.

Square Enix actually wrote:
Comfortable, fuss-free adventuring for all players is one of our biggest priorities.
#29 Jun 27 2010 at 2:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,675 posts
Quote:
All of those take weeks/months to get, expect Errant/Mahatma, and I don't have hours to play everyday like most of you guys, so leave my AF feet alone, I've grown attached to it.


All of them take weeks to months to get?

Goliard are just floor 20 of nyzul not exactly a boss floor that necessitates a melee burn setup. Even a totally gimped Blm could try and weasel their way into a run even if they had to do it as a healer.

And by your own admission errant aren't hard to get, 5k and you've got more mp, more -enmity and +mnd that will be more useful than -inetrupt or +agi.

For someone who started off this argument asking people to tell you what is better you sure are **** poor at taking that advice. There's a difference between being poorly equipped because you're short on play time and being poorly equipped because you're too lazy to do better. You're starting to look more toward the later than the former.

On top of that I'm still getting a laugh that someone like you has the Blm compendium link in their sig. You act as if until now you've had no idea that there is better equipment out there while the compendium has links straight to equipment guides.

____________________________
Braxis - Tarutaru - 80 BLM/80 SAM/80 BLU/75 BRD/80 WHM/80 SCH/80 DRG/75 PLD/80 RDM - Lakshmi

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
#30 Jun 27 2010 at 3:23 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
Goliard are just floor 20 of nyzul not exactly a boss floor that necessitates a melee burn setup. Even a totally gimped Blm could try and weasel their way into a run even if they had to do it as a healer.
I just came back from 2-year break, I stopped playing right after ToAU came out, I didn't know about most of those items, and when I did find out I wasn't even playing.

Quote:
For someone who started off this argument asking people to tell you what is better you sure are **** poor at taking that advice. There's a difference between being poorly equipped because you're short on play time and being poorly equipped because you're too lazy to do better. You're starting to look more toward the later than the former.
Does insulting people over a forum board make you feel powerful? Knowing you can get away with it and laugh at my replies to it. Again, unlike most people here, I don't get to play 4-5 hours a day. I'm not lazy, I just don't have the time.

Quote:
On top of that I'm still getting a laugh that someone like you has the Blm compendium link in their sig. You act as if until now you've had no idea that there is better equipment out there while the compendium has links straight to equipment guides.
I know my signature says "Main: BLM/WHM", but do you honestly think I only play that job? I have it there because it's my highest job, and when I hit 75 2-3 years ago, the Errante shoes weren't 5k, try 150k+. My BLM is mainly used to farm stuff my THF can't, or explore areas my lower jobs can't, it's semi-retired, so give me a break. Also, I had the BLM Guides linked in my sig so they would spread around, and most of those guides are outdated anyway.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#31 Jun 27 2010 at 3:47 PM Rating: Decent
**
493 posts
Imperia wrote:
I don't get to play 4-5 hours a day. I'm not lazy, I just don't have the time


Because you're spending those 4-5 hours a day posting on Alla?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Yep. Every netbook with an atom processor nowadays plays WoW.
****, I am sure with some tweaking it would run on an iphone.
Or even on the LCD display of my microwave.
#32 Jun 27 2010 at 3:49 PM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
lolrockboy wrote:
Imperia wrote:
I don't get to play 4-5 hours a day. I'm not lazy, I just don't have the time
Because you're spending those 4-5 hours a day posting on Alla?
I think i spend 3x more time posting on alla/bg than i do playing ffxi Smiley: laugh
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#33 Jun 27 2010 at 3:49 PM Rating: Default
Quote:
Because you're spending those 4-5 hours a day posting on Alla?
I post from work, I have a boring job. I have rent and bills to pay, I don't live in my grandmother's basement for free.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#34 Jun 27 2010 at 4:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,675 posts
Quote:
Does insulting people over a forum board make you feel powerful? Knowing you can get away with it and laugh at my replies to it. Again, unlike most people here, I don't get to play 4-5 hours a day. I'm not lazy, I just don't have the time.


I find it much more enjoyable to hand someone a proverbial shovel and watch themselves dig deeper and deeper. I'd say you're about up to your neck about now at the least.

You seem to be missing a big point of this little argument here, it's not the fact that you're a gimp but that you don't seem to care.

When someone points out your gimpness you ask them what would be better, which is something to accept from someone who hasn't been in the game for a while as you claim. however instead of saying "wow thats a whole lot of nice stuff with great stats and some of it is relatively easy to get!" we get excuses on top of excuses.

Even pointing out that an upgraded piece that is twice as good as your af and only costs 5k results in an excuse that they USED TO be 150k.
____________________________
Braxis - Tarutaru - 80 BLM/80 SAM/80 BLU/75 BRD/80 WHM/80 SCH/80 DRG/75 PLD/80 RDM - Lakshmi

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
#35 Jun 27 2010 at 4:47 PM Rating: Decent
So this all started after someone inspected my character sheet, and made fun of my AF feet. Seriously, I rarely play my BLM anymore, that's what he had on when I quit. Why should I pretend I have the best piece of equipment for my BLM's xx slot? I bet half the people on here don't have the gear their character profile says.
I'm not trying to give excuses, I'm just giving reasons why my BLM doesn't have top gear, since you close-minded people can't think outside the box.
Quote:
Oh, he still uses his first AF set, he must be a noob

Shenanigans!
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#36 Jun 27 2010 at 5:02 PM Rating: Decent
*
96 posts
Imperia wrote:
There, I fixed my gear, happy now? {Invite to join party}?
Why does a BLM need a warp cudgel?
#37 Jun 27 2010 at 5:11 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
Why does a BLM need a warp cudgel?
So I can warp when I'm out of MP and my Manafont is down.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#38 Jun 27 2010 at 5:27 PM Rating: Decent
I'd really like to know who goes around rating people down just because they can and have nothing else better to do, some Alla forum police or something?
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#39 Jun 27 2010 at 5:28 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Imperia wrote:
I'd really like to know who goes around rating people down just because they can and have nothing else better to do, some Alla forum police or something?
Probably.

If i could though, i'd rate you down too for caring about karma.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#40 Jun 27 2010 at 5:29 PM Rating: Decent
Meh I don't really care, however people who abuse their power annoy the sh*t out of me.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#41 Jun 27 2010 at 5:38 PM Rating: Decent
Well I'm off work now, I'm done trolling Alla.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone by using my AF feet, it won't happy again.

Good night.
____________________________
Phoenix
BLM75|THF63|SAM50 
WHM42|NIN33|MNK30 
SCH28|WAR28|DNC25 
RDM20|BST16|COR16 
RNG10|PUP06|DRG00 
BRD00|BLU00|PLD00 
DRK00|SMN00|-----
#42 Jun 27 2010 at 5:41 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
32 posts
I saw this thread and decided to log in.
I would just like to say,


Hello! Welcome to Allakhazam! I would just like you to know, your real life card has been rejected. Please try a better excuse for crappy gear and further justifications.

Thank you,
The Unofficial...Police thingy




And no, its not being elitist. Theres a difference between someone being an elitist and someone trying to prevent you from gimping yourself.
____________________________
Cyanxi
Valefor
Rank 7
Puppetmaster 75~
Paladin 75(Long retired)
Other variety of jobs at different levels
#43 Jun 27 2010 at 6:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
602 posts
So I got a research question. How many of you people that are saying you're not excited jumped on the Aion bandwagon? I eventually bought it when it came out, not at first however like a lot did. Now it just sits in its little corner collecting dust. Never to be re-activated again. I loved games with great graphics like Aion had but it didn't have the depth that Final Fantasy XI had and I had to made that judgment call on which one is better in the end.

If Final Fantasy XIV is anything like Aion than I would not be excited either but after watching the videos from E3, Official FFXIV Youtube page and alpha/beta game play I can honestly tell you right now that I haven't been excited about any other games minus FFXI up until now. Okay wait, I saw some HD Starcraft II Beta tournaments going on that were put on Youtube. I definitely will be picking that game up as well as Diablo 3 day one. Okay back to FFXIV, I am going to build a 1,500.00 computer for the game itself so... I think that qualifies for excitement as well as using the game as crutch to get myself to build a future proof system.

I would really love to see a Crysis/Crysis 2 CPU/GPU/Memory benchmark versus Final Fantasy XIV. The game seems so demanding and even though I am kind of like wtf.... that is the path they need to go down. No limitations will be really great for awhile. This is only what year 4 of the PS3? So for at least 6 years the PS3 will be in its prime until Playstation 4, I figure my new PC will at least last me 6 years as well.

Considering when you think about all the stuff they added to Final Fantasy XI whether it was popular/faded away/or no one does it (ballista/pokemon/etc), I can only imagine all the kinds of possibilities when it comes to adding more content to Final Fantasy XIV. I am hoping they release a Collector's Edition. I would pay double if it had a metal case like Final Fantasy XII had.

Edited, Jun 27th 2010 8:24pm by Excenmille
#44 Jun 27 2010 at 6:24 PM Rating: Decent
*****
15,268 posts
Cyanxi wrote:

And no, its not being elitist. Theres a difference between someone being an elitist and someone trying to prevent you from gimping yourself.
Unfortunately, most gimps don't understand this. Also, they love to spread misinformation to make other people suck like them/give themselves the excuse of "other people do it this way".
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#45 Jun 27 2010 at 6:25 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Cyanxi wrote:
And no, its not being elitist. Theres a difference between someone being an elitist and someone trying to prevent you from gimping yourself.
That's pretty much the definition of elitist.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#46 Jun 27 2010 at 6:27 PM Rating: Decent
*****
15,268 posts
ThePsychoticOne the Prohpet wrote:
Cyanxi wrote:
And no, its not being elitist. Theres a difference between someone being an elitist and someone trying to prevent you from gimping yourself.
That's pretty much the definition of elitist.
Do my stickies make me an elitist? Or does bringing up the fact that I've written three make me an elitist? Smiley: sly

edit: typo.

Edited, Jun 27th 2010 8:28pm by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#47 Jun 27 2010 at 6:29 PM Rating: Default
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
ThePsychoticOne the Prohpet wrote:
Cyanxi wrote:
And no, its not being elitist. Theres a difference between someone being an elitist and someone trying to prevent you from gimping yourself.
That's pretty much the definition of elitist.
Do my stickies make me an elitist? Or does bringing up the fact that I've written three make me and elitist? Smiley: sly
A thousand other things makes you an elitist too. Pretty much everyone can rightly be called an elitist around here.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
#48 Jun 27 2010 at 6:32 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
32 posts
Eh. I have to slightly disagree. For instance, you all started out pointing out that his gear was crap, and semi-subtly tried to give him the hint, and it didn't work. So, I mean, there is atleast a small line of difference there...

kinda
____________________________
Cyanxi
Valefor
Rank 7
Puppetmaster 75~
Paladin 75(Long retired)
Other variety of jobs at different levels
#49 Jun 27 2010 at 6:33 PM Rating: Decent
*****
15,268 posts
ThePsychoticOne the Prohpet wrote:
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
ThePsychoticOne the Prohpet wrote:
Cyanxi wrote:
And no, its not being elitist. Theres a difference between someone being an elitist and someone trying to prevent you from gimping yourself.
That's pretty much the definition of elitist.
Do my stickies make me an elitist? Or does bringing up the fact that I've written three make me and elitist? Smiley: sly
A thousand other things makes you an elitist too. Pretty much everyone can rightly be called an elitist around here.
Brilliant.

Also, bow-ties are cool.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#50 Jun 27 2010 at 6:45 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,649 posts
ThePsychoticOne the Prohpet wrote:
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
ThePsychoticOne the Prohpet wrote:
Cyanxi wrote:
And no, its not being elitist. Theres a difference between someone being an elitist and someone trying to prevent you from gimping yourself.
That's pretty much the definition of elitist.
Do my stickies make me an elitist? Or does bringing up the fact that I've written three make me and elitist? Smiley: sly
A thousand other things makes you an elitist too. Pretty much everyone can rightly be called an elitist around here.

Awesome, I'm an elitist.

Do I get an honorary membership card?
____________________________

#51 Jun 27 2010 at 6:46 PM Rating: Decent
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Avatar
******
29,185 posts
CarthRDM wrote:
ThePsychoticOne the Prohpet wrote:
Nilatai the Intelligent wrote:
ThePsychoticOne the Prohpet wrote:
Cyanxi wrote:
And no, its not being elitist. Theres a difference between someone being an elitist and someone trying to prevent you from gimping yourself.
That's pretty much the definition of elitist.
Do my stickies make me an elitist? Or does bringing up the fact that I've written three make me and elitist? Smiley: sly
A thousand other things makes you an elitist too. Pretty much everyone can rightly be called an elitist around here.
Awesome, I'm an elitist.

Do I get an honorary membership card?
We used to give them out, but it got to the point that it was cheaper to just give out cards to the non elitists. I think we've given out one or two of them so far.
____________________________
BANNED

Creator and Leader of the Anti-Rog faction
« Previous 1 2
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (21)