Threx I took what you said to heart, and all last night while on patrol I kept going to newegg and putting some stuff together. Here is what I got:
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...
SAPPHIRE 100297L Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ ATI Eyefinity ...
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Rosewill Smart One ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, Black interior, comes with three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Rear ...
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Total price: 963.89
Then I went to cyber-power and built this:
* CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
* HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
* MOTHERBOARD: MSI 770-G45 AM3 770 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
* MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [+12] (Corsair or Major Brand)
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+123] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
My question is I haven't put together a computer in a long time should I do it myself or should I have it pre-built right out the box ready to rock and roll? Monitor and keyboard and mouse I'll buy locally or from newegg as well.
Thanks for the imput.
Edit: found this on newegg.com
a decent buy? just got money in my pocket and need to spend it haha.... Edited, Jul 24th 2010 9:29pm by Rizzo83