Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

PC Preorder & PS3 PananoiaFollow

#1 Jul 02 2010 at 3:38 AM Rating: Decent
There is way to much info all over so ill just ask here.

First off:
Im assuming the CE will be released at the same time NA, EU and JP regions then why did many sites announce it as it will be only released for Europe Sept. 22?

I have already preordered the PC CE version (and ps3) with release date shipping but am fearing the UPS or local shipper will be lazy and delay the delivery (they have before).
So im wondering like a maniac if to preorder a 2nd CE copy from another place.
Just being crazy i guess.

Where did they say the PS3 version will be just 720p?
Even so 720p is fantastic the PS3 will be able to upscale that to 1080p.

Ive been looking all over online for the PS3 version backside box art to see the specs especially the required HDD space.
Any know if the PS3 version will be requires to install itself onto the HDD?
I can't see this game always playing from the disk for an extended amount of hours, that would stress the PS3 way to much.
____________________________
One day maybe:
ShaolinGate.com
#2 Jul 02 2010 at 4:06 AM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
Illicious wrote:
There is way to much info all over so ill just ask here.

First off:
Im assuming the CE will be released at the same time NA, EU and JP regions then why did many sites announce it as it will be only released for Europe Sept. 22?


Don't know.

Illicious wrote:
I have already preordered the PC CE version (and ps3) with release date shipping but am fearing the UPS or local shipper will be lazy and delay the delivery (they have before).
So im wondering like a maniac if to preorder a 2nd CE copy from another place.
Just being crazy i guess.


This is why I preorder games at my local GameStop that is 5 minutes away, so that I KNOW I'll have it on the release date, and so that if anything goes wrong, I have someone to physically speak with.

Illicious wrote:
Where did they say the PS3 version will be just 720p?
Even so 720p is fantastic the PS3 will be able to upscale that to 1080p.


My apologies, but it's 6 AM and I'm about to go to bed after I finish reading this and a few more posts; perhaps someone else can provide this link for you.

Illicious wrote:
Ive been looking all over online for the PS3 version backside box art to see the specs especially the required HDD space.
Any know if the PS3 version will be requires to install itself onto the HDD?
I can't see this game always playing from the disk for an extended amount of hours, that would stress the PS3 way to much.


I'm not sure that the PS3 box art exists yet. I would logically assume it will install at most of the game on the HD and require the disk for some other things, but this is just guessing. I could be mistaken.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2010 6:07am by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#3 Jul 02 2010 at 8:01 AM Rating: Good
*
59 posts
From Japanese Interview:
Q. Can you enjoy both PC and PS3 versions at the same quality?

A. They don’t really look all that different. There’s no “3D Surround” [Nvidia multimonitor 3D gaming], of course. The textures are a quarter the size, and the resolution halved, but you won’t really notice.

game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100618_375309.html

1280x720 (921600 pixels) is roughly half the size of 1920x1080 (2073600 pixels). Taken literally half the size could also mean half the vertical resolution or 960x540.

If we assume the FFXIV PC version uses 1024x1024 textures, that means the PS3 version will be using 256x256 textures.


From English Interview:

The PS3 version will be running in 720p in order to ensure performance remains high quality, but the PC version can go up to 1080p if your machine is powerful enough as you pointed out. We also support multiple displays, so players can use two or three displays to show the game.

www.rpgsite.net/news/734/final-fantasy-xiv-to-hit-1080p-on-pc-locked-to-720p-on-ps3.html


PC = 1080p 60fps+ (?) w/ 1024x1024 textures + multi-monitor support and potentially 3D Vision as well.

PS3 = 720p 30fps w/ 256x256 textures, no multi-monitor and no 3D Vision.

Considering the use of low resolution textures, and the underpowered NVIDIA 7800GTX 256MB based GPU, S-E will likely have the PS3 render FFXIV at 960x540 or 1024x576 and upscale to 1280x720 to meet their 30 fps performance goal.

The PS3 version will most definitely require an install, since S-E needs the ability to patch large portions of the game. Expect the install size to be similar to the PC version.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)