Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Body CustomizationFollow

#1 Jul 09 2010 at 7:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
539 posts
Woke up to this on Kotaku. . . http://kotaku.com/5583103/keeping-abreast-of-final-fantasy-xivs-character-customization

Not sure how I feel about it, but I know many will be pleased lol.
____________________________


#2 Jul 09 2010 at 7:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
105 posts
they need to make them a little bigger, just a touch :P
#3 Jul 09 2010 at 8:13 AM Rating: Good
**
394 posts
I hope this option doesn't extend to Lalafell too.
#4 Jul 09 2010 at 8:46 AM Rating: Excellent
**
800 posts
As long as all possibilities are realistic I don't have a problem with it. It's already getting more press than it should though. The bust is a body part just like any others.

Edited, Jul 9th 2010 9:47am by Hydragyrum
#5 Jul 09 2010 at 9:01 AM Rating: Decent
**
432 posts
Love this, I actually thought they weren't going to add it after browsing through the pictures on the official website. But, I am pleasantly surprised.

FFXIV gets 1 point, lets see what does WoW do to catch my interest.

(as of now both my wow and ffxi account are cancelled, waiting for ffxiv and cataclysm)
____________________________
Kyunalesca
Lakshmi

"should you punch a six-year old girl in the face -- or should you punch her in the stomach? Hmm, that's a toughie."

Battlecat:
"I've always felt the best way to respond to someone calmly presenting their point of view is to fly off the handle and insult everyone who doesn't think like exactly like myself as well."
#6 Jul 09 2010 at 9:13 AM Rating: Excellent
**
362 posts
Thanks for posting this. More customization can only be a good thing. After the limitations of FFXI, I'm happy SE is adding so many more options.
____________________________
"Unfortunately many game companies are learning that if they can just keep you busy, you might not realize how bored you are." - Kachi
"Pride in your character will amount to nothing more than the level of intimacy I have when I order a burger from McDonald's" - Warfox07
"I find comfort food always helps when I feel like killing myself." - Papashan (FFXIV)
#7 Jul 09 2010 at 9:30 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,587 posts
So will they let you give your character a ghetto booty as well?
____________________________
Harri
80BLU/80BST/76RNG/75THF/75WHM/60SCH
100+3 Bonecraft
#8 Jul 09 2010 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
***
3,825 posts
I'm quite happy with this, while IF I could get my wife to play she would choose a smaller breast size... I would prefer a bit of random busts. IMO both ******* seem natural and proportionate to the body. Niether one is distracting (like some MMOs with a 3' tall char and DDD boobs), and seem very tasteful. I wouldn't expect a slider, but I hope there are a minimum of 5 options. Hopefully some thicker (overall) women too for those who want that option.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#9 Jul 09 2010 at 12:52 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
764 posts
same guy writes about underwear in psp2 and brings up character designs from said game to point out similar things in concepts whether related or not.
____________________________


#10 Jul 09 2010 at 3:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Note that it mentions that there isn't an option to change your character's breast size. Currently your chest size changes with your face. Can't recall the exact option... think it was face type or eyebrows or something. A little weird, but for now if you want a certain chest size, you may have to compromise a bit on the face you use.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#11 Jul 09 2010 at 5:57 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
6,470 posts
Kachi wrote:
Note that it mentions that there isn't an option to change your character's breast size. Currently your chest size changes with your face. Can't recall the exact option... think it was face type or eyebrows or something. A little weird, but for now if you want a certain chest size, you may have to compromise a bit on the face you use.


Why on earth would they do that?
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#12 Jul 09 2010 at 6:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
O lawdy, how should I know? I could speculate some reasonable causes for the idea, but at the end of the day, there's no accounting for SE's wiliness.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#13 Jul 10 2010 at 5:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
539 posts
Eske wrote:
Kachi wrote:
Note that it mentions that there isn't an option to change your character's breast size. Currently your chest size changes with your face. Can't recall the exact option... think it was face type or eyebrows or something. A little weird, but for now if you want a certain chest size, you may have to compromise a bit on the face you use.


Why on earth would they do that?


I think they are shying away from having an all out "boob slider" to not seem so DOA about it all . . so they are masking it behind another option. Personally, I think it makes more sense for it to fall under a body type option, with varying weights changing with the breast size.
____________________________


#14 Jul 10 2010 at 5:50 AM Rating: Decent
*
216 posts
I don't really know what to make of this... it will depend on what other customization options we have for the body. If this is one of few options that'd be a bit weird.

But the character looks about 14 years old, so this does help combat that by a small amount.
#15 Jul 10 2010 at 11:25 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,622 posts
Quote:
I hope this option doesn't extend to Lalafell too.


Oh, I hope it DOES! LOL!!
____________________________
Blah
#16 Jul 10 2010 at 11:27 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,218 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
As long as all possibilities are realistic I don't have a problem with it. It's already getting more press than it should though. The bust is a body part just like any others.


That's true, but it's a body part that's indisputably more interesting than the ear or the nose (at least to this heterosexual male).

I think this may also be a case where the Asian aesthetic is taking over. Asian women, in general, have less up top, and the "bust" options within FFXIV are probably adequate to represent 90-95% of healthy Asian women.

Anglo and African women, however, do tend to have a little more mass in their chest than Asian women do. The maximum bust setting in FFXIV has got a bust like the 15 year old girl I dated when I was a sophomore in HS. Certainly nothing to complain about, but if you could see her at age 30 you'd realize she wasn't nearly mature yet. I'd say 50% of the women I know wouldn't be able to represent their own endowments in FFXIV, much less an "idealized" version.

All things considered I don't think it's that important. I don't think I was ever tempted, even once, to sneak a peak at some FF 11 boobies, because under all that armor/clothing, every one is pretty shapeless. The game was very aesthetically pleasing, with or without proper cleavage.

Edited, Jul 10th 2010 1:41pm by KarlHungis
#17 Jul 10 2010 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
*****
12,622 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Hydragyrum wrote:
As long as all possibilities are realistic I don't have a problem with it. It's already getting more press than it should though. The bust is a body part just like any others.


That's true, but it's a body part that's indisputably more interesting than the ear or the nose (at least to this heterosexual male).


My girlfriend has a really cute nose (^.^)b
____________________________
Blah
#18 Jul 10 2010 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Lefein wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
Hydragyrum wrote:
As long as all possibilities are realistic I don't have a problem with it. It's already getting more press than it should though. The bust is a body part just like any others.


That's true, but it's a body part that's indisputably more interesting than the ear or the nose (at least to this heterosexual male).


My girlfriend has a really cute nose (^.^)b


I'm sure she does. I'm a sucker for blue, green, or hazel eyes, personally. Assuming I'm close enough to get a good view, eyes are the very first thing I notice on a woman. From further away though, other attributes are more apparent...
#19 Jul 10 2010 at 2:03 PM Rating: Excellent
**
421 posts
Silverwyrm wrote:
same guy writes about underwear in psp2 and brings up character designs from said game to point out similar things in concepts whether related or not.


As well as Japanese Schoolgirl Confidential.

I want a slider option for my junk.
#20 Jul 10 2010 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
78 posts
Yeah, I have no problems with it as soon as it stays in realistic levels, I see no logic in a athletic woman having huge chest, it makes no sense and as far as I know, FFXIV lore doesn't involve plastic surgeons to give them such appearance.

<< Everyone knows that athletes tend to have smaller chest, less fat = smaller chest, and any woman capable to wield a heavy sword should have an athlete build :P

o.o and I agree, Lalafell should have this option limited to keep them in a small chest.. from flat to small, we don't want to see tiny girls running around when they could simply roll around... ><

I am interested to know if the Sun keeper Migo'te will have dual tones eyes as a option or if it is a fixed characteristic and if we can change the color of both eyes separately, and not have one always blue and only modify the other eye.

Edited, Jul 10th 2010 4:29pm by aeryne
#21 Jul 10 2010 at 2:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
37 posts
Lefein wrote:
TraumaFox wrote:
I hope this option doesn't extend to Lalafell too.


Oh, I hope it DOES! LOL!!

Step 1. Create a Lalafell avatar with DD's

Step 2. Set avatar on auto-run facing an impassable object.

Step 3. laugh hysterically at jiggling of woefully disproportionate boobies, made all the worse better by the Lalafell's ridiculous run animation.

Step 4. ???

Step 5. PROFIT!!
#22 Jul 10 2010 at 2:49 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
78 posts
^ exact reason why there should be limits, lol :P
#23 Jul 10 2010 at 4:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
I see no logic in a athletic woman having huge chest


Serena Williams.

However, yes limitations should still apply. It's a slippery slope that SE has to negotiate to make everyone happy.

Let's all hope the game offers as much customization as possible without having silly looking avatars constantly distracting us and having us say "why?".

"fixed" thanks Coyohma.

Edited, Jul 11th 2010 12:01am by grindahll
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?140477
[ffxisig]140477[/ffxisig]

#24 Jul 10 2010 at 4:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,457 posts
My Mi'qote will look like Shakira. Modest ******* with hips and a booty to die for..
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#25 Jul 10 2010 at 4:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
78 posts
:) I do not consider Venus Williams chest huge, also I didn't mean that female athletes are flat.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/venus-williams.jpg

That is a normal chest to me, by huge I mean out of proportion chest :P stuff like that hehe.

My Miqo'te will be petite and athletic, not flat ^^ or weak/fragile, she just won't have anything anywhere near big/huge proportions, this involves chest, hips, bum, or even facial features (like lips, I dislike big mouths).

Edited, Jul 10th 2010 6:49pm by aeryne

Edited, Jul 10th 2010 6:49pm by aeryne
#26 Jul 10 2010 at 6:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
398 posts
I hope they do open up more options before release, personaly. And I don't see what the percieved need for modesty is, so long as the options are within reason more options are better.
#27 Jul 10 2010 at 6:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
350 posts
GuardianFaith wrote:
My Mi'qote will look like Shakira. Modest ******* with hips and a booty to die for..


aeryne wrote:
My Miqo'te will be petite and athletic, not flat ^^ or weak/fragile, she just won't have anything anywhere near big/huge proportions, this involves chest, hips, bum, or even facial features (like lips, I dislike big mouths).


Are you making an adventurer to explore Eorzea, or a Miqo'te *** slave to feed your own pleasure during some of those late night gaming sessions?
#28 Jul 10 2010 at 7:50 PM Rating: Good
**
465 posts
aeryne wrote:
:) I do not consider Venus Williams chest huge, also I didn't mean that female athletes are flat.

Maybe grindahill meant Serena Williams.
____________________________
Lodestone
#29 Jul 10 2010 at 8:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
398 posts
Quote:
Are you making an adventurer to explore Eorzea, or a Miqo'te *** slave to feed your own pleasure during some of those late night gaming sessions?


I could use one of those :P Now I just need to master the whip... hehe
#30 Jul 11 2010 at 1:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Rumor is that there are plans for a Flayer class :P
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#31 Jul 11 2010 at 2:12 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
78 posts
hahah, no Miqo'te slaves, I just love cats and find them overly cute, and since cats are meant to be agile animals, then that is where the petite and athletic shape comes from :P

Also, I dislike huge hips and chest on my characters, I am small irl, so my character will be as close as possible to that. And exploring sounds like a great idea :)

:D My retainer will be a Lalafell with pink hair and such XD

Edited, Jul 11th 2010 4:13am by aeryne
#32 Jul 11 2010 at 3:22 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I wouldn't get my hopes up about being able to fully customize your retainers just yet.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (21)