Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

I wonder when the next round of beta invites will be sent?Follow

#1 Jul 12 2010 at 1:12 AM Rating: Good
*
209 posts
I never get lucky enough to get beta for anything. I wonder when the next round of beta invites are going to be sent? I know that there more then likely will be no open beta. But I am 100% positive they are going to want to stress test their servers before going live. So I know more invites are comming the question is when =/
#2 Jul 12 2010 at 1:25 AM Rating: Excellent
TheBSTGuy wrote:
I never get lucky enough to get beta for anything. I wonder when the next round of beta invites are going to be sent? I know that there more then likely will be no open beta. But I am 100% positive they are going to want to stress test their servers before going live. So I know more invites are comming the question is when =/


As far as anyone knows, there never was a first round sent. I am pretty sure the test done Saturday was just with the Alpha pool, until they feel the servers are ready to up the load.
____________________________
XIV Campsite Wikibase - Community Built Camp List
[ffxivsig]400681[/ffxivsig]
#3 Jul 12 2010 at 6:13 AM Rating: Good
**
394 posts
TheBSTGuy wrote:
I know that there more then likely will be no open beta.


Unless I missed some kind of announcement, I'm positive there will be an open beta phase. They've been saying since FFXIV's announcement that there would be closed and open betas, so I don't see where that would have changed. It's just a question of when they'll announce it.
#4 Jul 12 2010 at 6:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,707 posts
Apparently this morning



Edited, Jul 12th 2010 10:13am by Mithsavvy
#5 Jul 12 2010 at 7:01 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
This morning would be correct.
#6 Jul 12 2010 at 7:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
162 posts
yup

http://twitter.com/search?q=ffxiv

flooded with message from people who got one, not part of the gang :(

#7 Jul 12 2010 at 8:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
:-D

Edited, Jul 12th 2010 10:06am by Eriston
____________________________
FFXIV
Deadpool Xrage (Ultros)
Eriston Xrage (Ultros)

FFXI
Eriston
Siren - 75Bst/75Whm/75Rng (Retired June 2010)


Gone surfin'
#8 Jul 12 2010 at 8:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
TraumaFox wrote:
TheBSTGuy wrote:
I know that there more then likely will be no open beta.


Unless I missed some kind of announcement, I'm positive there will be an open beta phase. They've been saying since FFXIV's announcement that there would be closed and open betas, so I don't see where that would have changed. It's just a question of when they'll announce it.


It's from the latest interview:

"Tanaka: After phase 3 of beta, we will have beta open which will be accessible right before the exit from the play. But we cannot guarantee this last open phase."
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#9 Jul 12 2010 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
MrBarjavel wrote:
yup

http://twitter.com/search?q=ffxiv

flooded with message from people who got one, not part of the gang :(


Wonder how long it'll take for those people to get banned. Disclosing that you're in the beta violates the NDA, as far as I know.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#10 Jul 12 2010 at 8:24 AM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Ralrra wrote:
MrBarjavel wrote:
yup

http://twitter.com/search?q=ffxiv

flooded with message from people who got one, not part of the gang :(


Wonder how long it'll take for those people to get banned. Disclosing that you're in the beta violates the NDA, as far as I know.
Disclosing the NDA also violates the NDA, so I don't think anything's going to happen.

Plus that's a ton of work to track down twitter user names to find out what their SE ID is, and SE frankly can't be assed to do it (and rightly so, there are bigger fish to fry).



Edited, Jul 12th 2010 9:25am by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 17 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (17)