I hate to keep bothering you guys, but im really getting frustrated trying to put together a Desktop. On avadirect i get confused from so many choices, and end up going over what I want to spend, and on cyberpowerpc It seems I can get a good price going but im not so sure about the quality.
I Want to spend Under 1300$ for sure, maybe you guys could give me ideas of exactly what I want? Im trying to go for an i-7 920 or 930, a ATI rad 5850, 6gb memory, and a 1tb hard drive. But i get all mixed up not knowing if power supply is ok , which motherboard to choose, do I need cpu coolers, and does a good network card help me in any way? ALso how important is a sound card?
so sorry Im such a tech newb, I just only have 1 chance to build this and I want to build it right. Maybe someone could put together a scenario for me from one of these sites on what they would do with about 1250$ Dont need monitor. thanks to neone who can help me
I configured this on CyberPowerPC. I must say that I'm not really happy with the fact that I had to go with a PSU of a brand I wasn't familiar with (XtremeGear; never heard of them, there was a Thermaltake option I wanted to go with instead but it would have cost more)
There were a couple free upgrades here and there that you may with to go through yourself and decide if you want.
I started here
and made the following changes:
Upgraded RAM from 3 GB to 6 GB
Upgraded video from GT 220 to Radeon 5850
Upgraded PSU from 450W to 700W (Thermaltake 750W is 88 bucks if you want to upgrade it further)
Upgraded OS from "Format Hard Drive Only" to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Left everything else as-is.
* *BASE_PRICE: [+819]
* CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-930 2.80 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
* HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
* MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58 Pro-E Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFire DDR3 Mainboard
* MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1333MHz Triple Channel Memory [+74] (Corsair or Major Brand)
* OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
* POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply [+36]
* VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+262] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
* _PRICE: (+1295)
I still find myself needing to state, for the record, that you would save money if you bought the parts and built it yourself, but if you would just prefer to buy it as-is, this is what you asked for (1 TB HD, 6 GB RAM, Radeon 5850, i7 930, decent PSU) for under $1300 (barely)