Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Standard, Collector's, and Bonuses, oh my!Follow

#1 Jul 18 2010 at 1:42 AM Rating: Excellent
*
87 posts
You've been staring at the sites, pawing at the pics, thinking in the threads, and frolicking in the flicks. Now you've decided that yes, indeed you will be getting FFXIV. Alas, you've still a couple of more choices to make. Namely, "should I spend the extra money for the Collector's Edition, or just get the standard version?", and, "should I bother with pre-ordering or just wait?" Well, pour yourself a nice glass of your favorite beverage, because we're going to try to figure out what's best for you. All set? Got your woogie? Wanna borrow mine? Okay, here we go...

The standard version comes with everything you need to play the game, just like the Collector's Edition. The only difference is the Collector's Edition comes with some bonus material for a higher price. The current pricing for a standard is $49.99, and the Collector's is $74.99, making the Collector's roughly $25.00 more. I know, basic math, right? Well, I just want to point out that price difference now, because it's about to go down.

The Collector's Edition, along with everything that comes with the standard, will come with some bonus material that may very well make it well worth picking up. Let's take a look...

1st, you get access to the full game eight days before the standard users. This means instant mini-celebrity status in all FFXIV related forums. For those eight days the rest of us are going to be looking at you to answer many of our questions. This is a perfect oportunity for you to make contacts and set the foundation to Linkshells. Enjoy the space, because it's about to get real cozy in there. Being I've no way to set a price on this and your pre-release time is counted as game time when game-cost is calculated, let's set the value of this at $0.00.

2nd, you'll get a "Behind the Scenes" DVD which will show you some of what it took to make FFXIV. You'll see their offices, conference rooms, and key staff members. You'll hear interviews, music, and stories. While something like this is very interesting to some and boring to others, let's set the value of this at $5.00 if this DVD interests you.

3rd, you'll get a security token. The security token is a small device that can fit on a keychain that'll work with your normal password. When you press a button on it, it'll supply you with a random generated password that a person will need to access your FFXIV account. This will prevent anyone else from being able to gain access to your account. In this world of keyloggers, this is an added security measure that some might find very reasuring. It can also be used to prevent someone from playing "untill they get their homework done". If this device interests you, then you should know that they normally are sold for $10.00.

4th, you'll get a Travel Journal. This is a large, pleather bound tome engraved with the FFXIV logo. It's of respectable size, and is specificly made to help you cronicle your adventures and findings. With plenty of space and illustrations of original FFXIV artwork never before seen, this could very well be your prized possession from this collection. Books of a simular quality will cost you around $10.00, but being this also includes never released concept art it's value, if this interests you, is $15.00.

5th, you'll recieve a voucher that can be redeemed to recieve a personalized "Right of Passage" certificate. Presented in a diploma-like style and stamped with a unique serial number, this may be something you'ld find yourself framing and hanging on your wall. I really can't figure out a value for this. To me, it's a nice little thing, but I really wouldn't pay for it.

6th, you'll recieve your first 30 days of game play free. This alone is a $13.00 value.

7th, you'll recieve a Buddy Pass. This code is meant to be given to a friend to allow them access into the game for limited time for free. Perfect for someone who games with a roomate or spouce. Sure, it's purpose is to help to coax a gamer friend to play FFXIV with you, but there's nothing stoping you from using it to score some free time for a mule. I've no idea how long this free-time is, so let's assume a week. That's about a $5.00 value.

So, add up the value of the items that interest you and you might find that the extra $25.00 is well worth it.

BUT THAT"S NOT ALL! (sorry, I always wanted to say that)

If you decide to pre-order, Square Enix will also supply you with a code to score you a bonus item for use in the game. If you pre-order the standard version, you'll receive the Garland Goggles, a pair of very cool looking specs that'll speed up skill progression (think like a percentage bonus to exp). If you pre-order the Colector's edition, you'll receive the Onion Helm that'll speed up the process of recovering from KO. Which of these two are the better?

The Onion Helm by far is the better. The goggles, although very nice when used to speed up progression in crafting, will not be nearly as handy as the Onion Helm when you're out adventuring, which will be most of what you do. Also, you'll eventually find an item that'll be better (or at least more efficient in a different way) than the goggles, whereas the Onion Helm will always be a very handy tool you'll always be happy to have whenever you get KO'd. Being the Onion Helm is only available by pre-ordering the Collector's Edition, this gives the Collector's Edition a very good +1.

Now let's say you've decided upon which version you want and you've also decided to pre-order to score the nice bonus. Where should you pre-order from? Easy. Amazon.com

By chosing Amazon, they will give you $10.00 credit for use in any future video game purchase, as well as lowering the price if at ANY TIME after the point of sale that it's price is lowered on their site (i.e. a promotional sale), and they will honor any additional bonus content that may become offered before it's release. Basicly, you'll get ten-bucks and whatever other goodies that may come for it down the road.

So, let's look at what I was able to calculate for myself. Collector's Edition = $25.00 - DVD - Token - Journal - 30 days - Amazon $10 = negative $28.00. In this way of thinking, it's cheaper for me to pre-order the Collector's Edition than buying just the standard, and I only calculated the items that interested me.

What did you come up with?

[link=http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/#/about/game_info[/link]
#2 Jul 18 2010 at 1:59 AM Rating: Decent
**
602 posts
But wait thats not all!! oh wait it is.
____________________________
BANNED

#3 Jul 18 2010 at 2:26 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
169 posts
Very nice lol. I have to say tho, the Travel Journal interests me the least. :\ I mean.. it prolly looks great, but I wouldn't pay for it. Despite this, I have some extra money right now, and I'm exTREMEly excited to play. That early 8 days and Onion Helm is worth it to me.

COLLECTOR's EDITION! ^3^ Whaaa~
#4 Jul 18 2010 at 2:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,537 posts
Have mine pre-ordered at Amazon. Honestly it was the 8 days of early game-time that sold it to me. If it wasn't for that I would have gone standard.
____________________________

Activities:
FFXIV Beta Test
Starcraft II Silver League
#5 Jul 18 2010 at 2:53 AM Rating: Good
Aleandra wrote:
Have mine pre-ordered at Amazon. Honestly it was the 8 days of early game-time that sold it to me. If it wasn't for that I would have gone standard.


It was the 8 day thing that sold me too. Plus, I'm curious about that voucher item thingy. That, and I'm a big dork for behind the scenes \ making of DVDs.
#6 Jul 18 2010 at 3:03 AM Rating: Decent
*
87 posts
For me, it's the jounal. I've always been a huge note-taker in games, and FFXI claimed more than one notebook. I can already see myself playing with this journal open in front of me.
#7 Jul 18 2010 at 3:10 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Quote:
...The Onion Helm by far is the better. The goggles, although very nice when used to speed up progression in crafting, will not be nearly as handy as the Onion Helm when you're out adventuring, which will be most of what you do. Also, you'll eventually find an item that'll be better (or at least more efficient in a different way) than the goggles, whereas the Onion Helm will always be a very handy tool you'll always be happy to have whenever you get KO'd...


Huh? I did preorder the CE, but I keep asking myself how you can be so sure about this? Btw, the "speed up" is not only in crafting, but applies to battle skills as well (explicitly stated in an interview - it's meant to close the "gap" to catch up with the CE players who get a 7 day head start). Also, which of the developers told you you could switch in the Onion helm AFTER you died and still benefit from its effects... an unlimited number of times? Or do you mean, like, "whenever I perceive I will be one-shotted within the next 30 seconds (item switch delay effect when changing equipment in battle, forgot about that?), I change to my Onion Helm and simply wait 'till my little Taru head is kicked around the battlefield...?
#8 Jul 18 2010 at 3:22 AM Rating: Good
*
87 posts
Rinsui wrote:

Huh? I did preorder the CE, but I keep asking myself how you can be so sure about this? Btw, the "speed up" is not only in crafting, but applies to battle skills as well (explicitly stated in an interview - it's meant to close the "gap" to catch up with the CE players who get a 7 day head start). Also, which of the developers told you you could switch in the Onion helm AFTER you died and still benefit from its effects... an unlimited number of times? Or do you mean, like, "whenever I perceive I will be one-shotted within the next 30 seconds (item switch delay effect when changing equipment in battle, forgot about that?), I change to my Onion Helm and simply wait 'till my little Taru head is kicked around the battlefield...?


My thinking about the goggles is, while it is nice to tke into the field, you will soon find something you'ld rather wear while fighting. IMO, as all my post really was, the goggles would make for a much more efficient tool while leveling your craft than out in the field.

*smile* No developer told me anything. You're right, my thoughts on the helm aren't well thought out. Thank you for showing me that.

You're obviously well informed and expienced in this subject, but I do hope that you found at least some enjoyment from my post.

Edited, Jul 18th 2010 5:38am by Futzbucket
#9 Jul 18 2010 at 3:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
I certainly did, thank you! ;)
Actually I hope you are right about everything you assumed, hahaha!
#10 Jul 18 2010 at 3:45 AM Rating: Good
***
1,457 posts
Billy Mays here!

Man I miss that dude.
____________________________
Hunter Avril
Rogue Ultra
Paladin Awhellnah
Mage Shantotto
Shaman Lakshmi
Faith (Valefor)

#11 Jul 18 2010 at 4:00 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
I just prefer to buy collector's editions of games I really like for the extras. Usually "Art books" and "Behind the scenes" stuff are enough to make up my mind. Bonus stuff like the Vault-tec bobblehead or the Jim Raynor USB dog tag (with Starcraft 1 on it) are even more awesome.

I already have the security token from FFXI. Even if the CE didn't start earlier and neither edition came with the goggles/helm, I still would have gotten it for the behind the scenes DVD and the art book.

Considering I still own and display EVERY box from EVERY PC game I've ever bought (and almost every box from every NES/SNES/N64 game that came with a box), I'm the guy "Collector's Edition"s were -made- to market to. No, they're not in boxes somewhere; that **** is on shelves. Alphebetized (more or less; I had to take some liberties at places in teh cases of boxes where the side facing out was blank or covered by a COA label)

Edited, Jul 18th 2010 6:02am by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#12 Jul 18 2010 at 4:11 AM Rating: Decent
*
87 posts
Something interesting I found was, on a Japanese site, a picture of the Collector's Edition with this strange brown, cylindrical container of some kind. Because I can't read Japanese I've no idea what that item is, or if it's planed to be included anywhere else.

Let me see if I can find it...oh, okay, it's a tumbler (basicly, it's a fancy cup). It looks nice though. Something nice to drink from when playing or to roll dice if your a table-top gamer too.
#13 Jul 18 2010 at 4:18 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
Futzbucket wrote:
Something interesting I found was, on a Japanese site, a picture of the Collector's Edition with this strange brown, cylindrical container of some kind. Because I can't read Japanese I've no idea what that item is, or if it's planed to be included anywhere else.

Let me see if I can find it...oh, okay, it's a tumbler (basicly, it's a fancy cup). It looks nice though. Something nice to drink from when playing or to roll dice if your a table-top gamer too.


Oh yeah, I forgot about the cup.

I'm not sure if I'm going to leave it pristine on a shelf or if I'm actually gonna drink out of it.

EDIT: ****, looks like that doesn't come with the NA version. Dammit.

Edited, Jul 18th 2010 6:19am by Mikhalia
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#14 Jul 18 2010 at 4:23 AM Rating: Decent
*
87 posts
Mikhalia wrote:

looks like that doesn't come with the NA version. Dammit.


I know, right! I can't tell if I want it more because it's nice, or if I can't have it.
#15 Jul 18 2010 at 9:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
158 posts
The 8 day headstart and the onion helm made up my mind for me. Honestly, if I don't get the 8 day headstart, I'll immediately be jumping into a game where there are a bunch of players and (equivalent) LinkShells that'll seem elite and distant from me. I hate that feeling of 'catching up'. I like to be able to play at my own pace and enjoy everything along the way.

I never played XI, so I don't know quite how bad elitism will be here (from the sounds of it, community is much more important, in which case, this shouldn't be prevalent at all). But there is nothing more annoying to me in MMO's than elitist players who've done everything before you, and expect you to go off and check youtube, forums etc for tactics and such. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I like to go in blind and be a liability to a group, but I just love the excitement of being on the cusp of things, learning from (mine and my group's) experience rather than the experience of others.

Also just a word of warning for using amazon - make sure you preorder in time. I had a friend who learnt this the hard way with Aion when that launched, he thought he'd be able to preorder anytime before the headstart began, but it turned out that they stopped giving the headstart codes out at the start of the same month. So yeah, if you're going with CE, check that with your region of Amazon and make sure you don't miss it.

Edited, Jul 18th 2010 11:40am by Tealtraum
#16 Jul 18 2010 at 10:36 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
3,317 posts
Quote:
Now let's say you've decided upon which version you want and you've also decided to pre-order to score the nice bonus. Where should you pre-order from? Easy. Amazon.com

By chosing Amazon, they will give you $10.00 credit for use in any future video game purchase, as well as lowering the price if at ANY TIME after the point of sale that it's price is lowered on their site (i.e. a promotional sale), and they will honor any additional bonus content that may become offered before it's release. Basicly, you'll get ten-bucks and whatever other goodies that may come for it down the road.

So, let's look at what I was able to calculate for myself. Collector's Edition = $25.00 - DVD - Token - Journal - 30 days - Amazon $10 = negative $28.00. In this way of thinking, it's cheaper for me to pre-order the Collector's Edition than buying just the standard, and I only calculated the items that interested me.


Small tidbit, but Amazon doesn't give out the $10 credit for collector editions, just the standard ones (when it's offered at all). I believe that's been the case with all collector editions, not just FFXIV (though I may be mistaken on that). I know that was the case with Mass Effect 2.

#17 Jul 18 2010 at 11:24 AM Rating: Decent
1 post
Very likely there will be a level limit on the bonus item. Although the goggles make you learn battling/crafting faster, I don't think they will be fast enough compare to those who have a 8-day head start.
#18 Jul 18 2010 at 4:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
867 posts
Would it be possible to order both Standard and Collector's, and get both in-game items? I kno don't need 2 PC versions of game but like in Xi I had 2 accounts (PC version and PS2 version). I'm sure codes would be redeemed online and putting them both into one account get both items leaving other account without. Also, has there been any word on what the FFxiii item will be?
____________________________
Asyrian - 90 Drg/Mnk
Reisaki - 90 Blu/Dnc/Pup/Rdm
Majoga - 90 Pld/Nin
Belisi - 90 Sch/Cor/Whm


#19 Jul 18 2010 at 5:29 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
There will be a FF13 item for North America? I've only heard of it being for those who imported the Japanese version of 13. The item that was mentioned was "Asuran Fists". If it's not the right name, I know its very close. It's effect wasn't mentioned at all, so I couldn't venture a guess as to what they do. I unfortunately cannot point exactly to the post I read with this info, but I do know it was somewhere in this general discussion board. If there really is a NA item coming for those who pre-ordered FF13, its just making me want to play this game even more.
____________________________
#20 Jul 18 2010 at 6:37 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
I ordered the standard edition because amazon doesn't offer release day shipping to canada :/

then I looked and they are not going to ship the SE till Oct. 4... WTF!?!
#21 Jul 18 2010 at 6:44 PM Rating: Good
**
421 posts
swisa wrote:
There will be a FF13 item for North America? I've only heard of it being for those who imported the Japanese version of 13. The item that was mentioned was "Asuran Fists". If it's not the right name, I know its very close. It's effect wasn't mentioned at all, so I couldn't venture a guess as to what they do. I unfortunately cannot point exactly to the post I read with this info, but I do know it was somewhere in this general discussion board. If there really is a NA item coming for those who pre-ordered FF13, its just making me want to play this game even more.


First run US copies of FF13 gave a code when you registered your copy, the code is for the Asuran Armbands.
#22 Jul 18 2010 at 7:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
76 posts
Ya I would have to assume that the 8 days is the reason 95% of people go with CE
#23 Jul 18 2010 at 7:48 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
Nice. Any idea of what the Asuran Armbands will do? I assume the code you're mentioning is the code on that piece of paper with the Red top? I think that's what it looked like. Anyway's I made an SE account and entered the code for a completely different reason. I thought they were going to give some sort of physical gift for some reason. If they did, I never received it. Is there a way to make sure they are going to give your credit for entering a code? Like where do I go in my SE account to see if they will be giving it to me?

EDIT: I see that I registered it on the square enix website, but I don't see anything that gave me a 2nd code. I also don't remember ever getting a 2nd code. Hopefully there's something I can do if there is something else I need to do. I threw away the paper with the code I entered already..... :( I never expected to need it again. I never even knew I'd maybe get an item from it.

Edited, Jul 18th 2010 9:59pm by swisa
____________________________
#24 Jul 18 2010 at 9:36 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,539 posts
lolcrizumlol wrote:
swisa wrote:
There will be a FF13 item for North America? I've only heard of it being for those who imported the Japanese version of 13. The item that was mentioned was "Asuran Fists". If it's not the right name, I know its very close. It's effect wasn't mentioned at all, so I couldn't venture a guess as to what they do. I unfortunately cannot point exactly to the post I read with this info, but I do know it was somewhere in this general discussion board. If there really is a NA item coming for those who pre-ordered FF13, its just making me want to play this game even more.


First run US copies of FF13 gave a code when you registered your copy, the code is for the Asuran Armbands.


Only the PS3 ones did. The 360 version got ****** Pulse armor for your Mii Live avatar.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#25 Jul 19 2010 at 12:59 AM Rating: Good
Olorinus wrote:
I ordered the standard edition because amazon doesn't offer release day shipping to canada :/

then I looked and they are not going to ship the SE till Oct. 4... WTF!?!


Someone else who lived in Canada posted something about this not too long ago. If there's a Gamestop or EB or other electronics retailer anywhere within reasonable driving distance (or even unreasonable if you'd be like me in that situation), cancel your Amazon order and drive to a store instead.
#26 Jul 19 2010 at 1:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
169 posts
swisa wrote:
Nice. Any idea of what the Asuran Armbands will do? I assume the code you're mentioning is the code on that piece of paper with the Red top? I think that's what it looked like. Anyway's I made an SE account and entered the code for a completely different reason. I thought they were going to give some sort of physical gift for some reason. If they did, I never received it. Is there a way to make sure they are going to give your credit for entering a code? Like where do I go in my SE account to see if they will be giving it to me?

EDIT: I see that I registered it on the square enix website, but I don't see anything that gave me a 2nd code. I also don't remember ever getting a 2nd code. Hopefully there's something I can do if there is something else I need to do. I threw away the paper with the code I entered already..... :( I never expected to need it again. I never even knew I'd maybe get an item from it.


Aiiyee. I have the same problem. I have a feeling we'll still get the item, but I can't help but worry. >.< I threw my paper away too when I entered it. I thought that all it did was increase my chances of getting into the Beta. Which maybe it did? o.o

EDIT: Nevermind. I read Mikhalia's post and became depressed. ._. The armor is ******.

Edited, Jul 19th 2010 1:08am by Austyn
#27 Jul 19 2010 at 1:21 AM Rating: Good
**
296 posts
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm certain someone will if I am) but I'm fairly certain that the 30 days gameplay is included in both editions, not just the CE. The first month is included in the purchase of every subscription based MMO I have ever purchased.

If they didn't include the first month in the standard edition, that would be a far bigger story :P
#28 Jul 19 2010 at 1:27 AM Rating: Decent
*
87 posts
ascorbic wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm certain someone will if I am) but I'm fairly certain that the 30 days gameplay is included in both editions, not just the CE. The first month is included in the purchase of every subscription based MMO I have ever purchased.

If they didn't include the first month in the standard edition, that would be a far bigger story :P


I found this to be very interesting as well. The usual is when you purchase the game it comes with the first month paid for, but on the official site it specificly mentions 30 days free as a bonus with the Colector's Edition and it gives no mention to this with the standard.

Now, this could mean the Colector's Edition comes with an aditional 30 days free on top of the 30 days that comes with buying the game. So, the standard comes with 30 and the CE comes with 60.

If they expect people to be happy to pay for game time right after paying for the game...that won't go over too well.
#29 Jul 19 2010 at 1:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
17 posts
How much extra is Amazon's release date shipping?
#30 Jul 19 2010 at 1:36 AM Rating: Good
**
296 posts
Futzbucket wrote:
I found this to be very interesting as well. The usual is when you purchase the game it comes with the first month paid for, but on the official site it specificly mentions 30 days free as a bonus with the Colector's Edition and it gives no mention to this with the standard.

Now, this could mean the Colector's Edition comes with an aditional 30 days free on top of the 30 days that comes with buying the game. So, the standard comes with 30 and the CE comes with 60.

If they expect people to be happy to pay for game time right after paying for the game...that won't go over too well.


Interesting. I suppose anything is possible, though if I were betting my own Gil I'd go with a mistake in listing. Either way, I suppose some clarification would be nice, since those considering the playtime as a reason to purchase the CE might be miffed if there were no difference in game time provided between the two.
#31 Jul 19 2010 at 1:46 AM Rating: Good
*
87 posts
archaon98 wrote:
How much extra is Amazon's release date shipping?


$5.98.

Just discovered that, currently, the collector's edition is currently only available for the PC. Hopefully PS3 users will get a chance.
#32 Jul 19 2010 at 2:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
17 posts
so that brings it to about 80-85 bucks?
#33 Jul 19 2010 at 2:56 AM Rating: Good
*
87 posts
archaon98 wrote:
so that brings it to about 80-85 bucks?


About there for the CE, around 55-60 for the standard. Some states started taxing online purchases, so you might have to add that in too.
#34 Jul 19 2010 at 3:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
17 posts
That is an outstanding deal.
#35 Jul 19 2010 at 10:15 AM Rating: Decent
26 posts
well thanks for the info! I just pre ordered the collector's edition from Amazon and I didn't have any idea what was included on that edition.
#36 Jul 19 2010 at 2:21 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,526 posts
Quote:
Someone else who lived in Canada posted something about this not too long ago. If there's a Gamestop or EB or other electronics retailer anywhere within reasonable driving distance (or even unreasonable if you'd be like me in that situation), cancel your Amazon order and drive to a store instead.


Yeah I may just do this. Gah. They should put it right on the site that they won't send till a week after release - my only concern is what happens if I cancel then can't find a copy. I might end up leaving it then looking for a copy in stores - besides I wanted the goggles. I know I am weird... but yeah.

I'm just weird. What else can I say.

#37 Jul 19 2010 at 2:29 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
61 posts
After you enter the code in it now shows you what you get. There is a pic in the link too but I think you would have to enter in a code to view it. Otherwise you can't? I'm not sure.

Asuran Armguards
These gauntlets, crafted in the mysterious Far East and named after one of the land's exotic gods, have been imbued with strange magicks which permeate any item they touch.

Effect: Enhances the effectiveness of your equipped arm or tool.

http://member.square-enix.com/na/features/ff13/serialcode/ps3.php
#38 Jul 19 2010 at 2:58 PM Rating: Decent
**
335 posts
Quote:
Futzbucket wrote:
Quote:
I found this to be very interesting as well. The usual is when you purchase the game it comes with the first month paid for, but on the official site it specificly mentions 30 days free as a bonus with the Colector's Edition and it gives no mention to this with the standard.

Now, this could mean the Colector's Edition comes with an aditional 30 days free on top of the 30 days that comes with buying the game. So, the standard comes with 30 and the CE comes with 60.

If they expect people to be happy to pay for game time right after paying for the game...that won't go over too well.



Interesting. I suppose anything is possible, though if I were betting my own Gil I'd go with a mistake in listing. Either way, I suppose some clarification would be nice, since those considering the playtime as a reason to purchase the CE might be miffed if there were no difference in game time provided between the two.


Actually if you go to their site at Link and look at the little red text, they state that they is a free 30 day trial for creating a new account. It is probably safe to assume that it applies to both, but the question changes to whether or not the collectors edition gets and extra 30 days free.
____________________________


#39 Jul 19 2010 at 3:12 PM Rating: Decent
*
57 posts
For those wondering if Amazon.ca does indeed have release date delivery, it doesn't. I just gave them a call and was told it won't ship until September 27th.

Weird. FFXIII was delivered on launch day to me from Amazon. Not going to take the chance, anyways.
#40 Jul 19 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Decent
26 posts
I ordered at amazon.com and it currently displays this on my order status:

Shipping Estimate: September 23, 2010

Delivery Estimate: September 27, 2010 - October 1, 2010


By the way, I'm ordering from Mexico and I tried Gamestop first, but they wanted me to send them an account statement via fax in order to confirm my order... LoL. I don't even know anyone who owns a FAX machine to begin with. They might as well have asked me to go there and sign for it in person. So my advice would be not to waste your time trying to place an international order at Gamestop.

Edited, Jul 19th 2010 4:39pm by Juanmiguel

Edited, Jul 19th 2010 4:39pm by Juanmiguel
#41 Jul 19 2010 at 5:29 PM Rating: Decent
**
370 posts
People that read and post on these boards daily will definitely get the collectors edition solely based on the 8 day headstart. I have no idea why you would preorder online unless you live out in the boondocks somewhere. The release date is September 22 and that is also the shipping date. You can preorder at Gamestop or Bestbuy or another retailer and pick it up day one, or preorder online and wait until day 2 for it to come in the mail.
____________________________
Thaumaturge/Archer/Marauder
http://xivpads.viion.co.uk/?id=1847776
Moogle Inc linkshell
http://www.moogleinc.com
Stand in front of me fool...I am a Thaumaturge
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (20)