Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

Notice for players in JapanFollow

#1 Jul 24 2010 at 1:30 AM Rating: Good
23 posts
There was a tweet from Tanaka Hiromichi (tanakahiromichi) about the compatibility of the game with the regions and the languages.
It says that there could be difficulties to pay with the credit card if the region is different (he wasn't very clear about this). On the other side, the Japanese version will allow to choose between languages.
This means that those living in japan that want to play in english, are not compelled to buy the game from abroad (and wait for it to arrive), but we can buy it here and then put "English".
I wander if it will allow to shift between the languages freely. That would be great!!
#2 Jul 24 2010 at 2:14 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Wow, that's really good news!
#3 Jul 24 2010 at 2:30 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,539 posts
I'd like to see an IME on the NA/EU clients.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#4 Jul 24 2010 at 4:05 AM Rating: Good
23 posts
For those who can read japanese I paste the tweet here:

ユーザーの登録住所と決済手段すなわちクレカなどの登録住所とかがそれぞれのリージョンで合致していないとだめっぽいです。逆に日本語版でも4言語からお好きな言語をチョイスできます。
#5 Jul 24 2010 at 12:06 PM Rating: Default
Sage
**
393 posts
Wow that is great news! I hope the same holds true for NA and EU versions though. I am sure there are a lot of expats out there who would love to play in their native languages.
____________________________
Smilies for premium users only? Bah, I'll just...oh wait.
へ へ
の の
 も
 へ

#6 Jul 25 2010 at 2:25 PM Rating: Decent
11 posts
The only issue is that to pay for a JP account, your credit card needs to be issued and registered under a JP address, or at least that is what I remembered from reading about revamped FFXI payment methods. I'm still wondering if FFXIV payment methods will continue with the Verified by Visa/ Secured by Mastercard thing, cause if it continues, a few of my friends will not be able to play.
____________________________
We are still looking for Oceanic players (we are mainly from Singapore/Australia) to join our Company/Linkshell! Feel free to visit our website at http://ffxiv-invictuscodex.com
#7 Jul 25 2010 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
Escadawn wrote:
The only issue is that to pay for a JP account, your credit card needs to be issued and registered under a JP address, or at least that is what I remembered from reading about revamped FFXI payment methods. I'm still wondering if FFXIV payment methods will continue with the Verified by Visa/ Secured by Mastercard thing, cause if it continues, a few of my friends will not be able to play.


You can get around this by calling Play Online support. If this security policy carries over into FFXIV, I'd imagine you'd just need to contact Square Enix support.
#8 Jul 25 2010 at 3:52 PM Rating: Good
*
239 posts
they'll have to have an exception for Australia, I mean half their games are NE half are EU, and none of their Billing addresses will be in either country...
#9 Jul 26 2010 at 2:28 AM Rating: Decent
11 posts
Quote:
You can get around this by calling Play Online support. If this security policy carries over into FFXIV, I'd imagine you'd just need to contact Square Enix support.


You can only do this if you are NA. If your an Australian or Singaporean playing using an NA account, they will not help.
____________________________
We are still looking for Oceanic players (we are mainly from Singapore/Australia) to join our Company/Linkshell! Feel free to visit our website at http://ffxiv-invictuscodex.com
#10 Jul 26 2010 at 3:19 AM Rating: Decent
**
445 posts
desertbynight wrote:
For those who can read japanese I paste the tweet here:

ユーザーの登録住所と決済手段すなわちクレカなどの登録住所とかがそれぞれのリージョンで合致していないとだめっぽいです。逆に日本語版でも4言語からお好きな言語をチョイスできます。


I am only beginner in Japanese, but I can use my Chinese ability to read Kanji as well, so here is the rough translate-

"It would be no good if the region of registration address and the billing address of credit card doesn't match. However, in Japanese Version you can chose 4 language(JP,EN,FR,GR) as you like."


Extra notes:
It seems that the situation is exactly what was in FFXI. I was living in Hong Kong when the JP release. So ppl there use fake or even rent Japan address to play. After one or few months, 90% of those player are banned for such reason. I was lucky enough to slip through such ban....
Now I live in CA but I asked the POL ppl and they said it would be never be possible to change the region setting, and this apply to SE account as well.
AND

In FFXI if you managed to get a different regional version of POL, you CAN change the language of FFXI through registry "fix".

Edited, Jul 26th 2010 2:32am by timmyofalex
____________________________
Timfung (Alexander) 75WHM72RDM46PUP Cooking81 (retired)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=1662475
#11 Jul 26 2010 at 5:15 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
timmyofalex wrote:
desertbynight wrote:
For those who can read japanese I paste the tweet here:

ユーザーの登録住所と決済手段すなわちクレカなどの登録住所とかがそれぞれのリージョンで合致していないとだめっぽいです。逆に日本語版でも4言語からお好きな言語をチョイスできます。


I am only beginner in Japanese, but I can use my Chinese ability to read Kanji as well, so here is the rough translate-

"It would be no good if the region of registration address and the billing address of credit card doesn't match. However, in Japanese Version you can chose 4 language(JP,EN,FR,GR) as you like."



I think it's still a bit ambiguous.

What if I live in Thailand and want to play an English version of the game? What do I do?

Order a copy from North America and register my Square Enix account as North America...while registering the game under an address in Thailand and using a credit card under an address in Thailand?


Anyone know one GOOD reason why SE is making this WAY more confusing than necessary?

Edited, Jul 26th 2010 6:16am by Threx
____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)